Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : American upset?

Excargodog
02-05-2019, 07:33 PM
So this says....

https://skift.com/2019/02/05/american-airlines-warns-one-of-its-regional-airlines-to-improve/amp/

NovemberBravo
02-05-2019, 08:14 PM
So this says....

https://skift.com/2019/02/05/american-airlines-warns-one-of-its-regional-airlines-to-improve/amp/

I think they took a quote and ran with it. Those block times in DFW are way too tight which they are addressing and we wait 10-15 min every flight for rampers which is directly an American issue. Bag sheet also never arrives 10min prior to departure time like itís supposed too. Those planes do require a lot of maintenance they are getting old and spend most the year in Arizona and TX heat I assume that adds to wear and tear. Aside for the MX I think itís comical AA is looking at Mesa to fix things.

flysooner9
02-06-2019, 03:23 AM
I think they took a quote and ran with it. Those block times in DFW are way too tight which they are addressing and we wait 10-15 min every flight for rampers which is directly an American issue. Bag sheet also never arrives 10min prior to departure time like itís supposed too. Those planes do require a lot of maintenance they are getting old and spend most the year in Arizona and TX heat I assume that adds to wear and tear. Aside for the MX I think itís comical AA is looking at Mesa to fix things.

You think those problems are any better at the other AA regionals?

calmwinds
02-06-2019, 03:27 AM

Yeah, I agree they took a quote out of context and ran with it. However, there could be some truth to this as well. I suspect we also are quick on the trigger to cancel for maintenance over other reasons. And, I suspect our American dislikes cancellations for controllable reasons.

They also talked about how more pilots than needed. I wonder how much this is to overcome cancellations due to crew rather than the given explanation.

NovemberBravo
02-06-2019, 05:47 AM
You think those problems are any better at the other AA regionals?

Itís the worst at DFW and only Mesa and Envoy deal with that.

pangolin
02-06-2019, 06:36 AM

And Skywest

NovemberBravo
02-06-2019, 06:53 AM
They donít have a full year of late flights from it yet, they will.

Jecain7
02-07-2019, 06:01 AM

Give CLT a try for a month, youíll have an appreciation for everywhere else after that.

calmwinds
02-07-2019, 06:04 AM
Give CLT a try for a month, youíll have an appreciation for everywhere else after that.

We gave CLT a try a few years ago.

ninerdriver
02-07-2019, 06:18 AM
No one should ever give CLT a try ever. Ick.

DENpilot
02-07-2019, 06:42 AM
I commute on you guys occasionally, but avoid doing so if possible. You guys get screwed in DFW. I sat in the jumpseat and witnessed rampers just walking around like idiots, no one wanted to marshal us in, waited 20 minutes, finally got in, and another 15+ minutes for gate checks. Both pilots said it was normal ops. Thankfully the FO went and got my bag so I could run for my connection. Still missed my connecting flight.

Point is, if AA is unhappy they should look at themselves.

No Land 3
02-07-2019, 07:26 AM
Having been based at both CLT and DFW for the majority of my time at Mesa, I can say that DFW is worse than CLT. DFW rampers purposely breaking the luggage compartment, their managers nearly getting in a fist fight with Chuck, with AA coming down hard and firing two ramp managers. DFW purposely making us wait 45 minutes when there were open gates, etc...
CLT comes across as a bunch of dumbasses, while DFW comes across as criminal.

brigadeaviator
02-07-2019, 01:12 PM
Having been based at both CLT and DFW for the majority of my time at Mesa, I can say that DFW is worse than CLT. DFW rampers purposely breaking the luggage compartment, their managers nearly getting in a fist fight with Chuck, with AA coming down hard and firing two ramp managers. DFW purposely making us wait 45 minutes when there were open gates, etc...
CLT comes across as a bunch of dumbasses, while DFW comes across as criminal.

Criminal yes. How so... from last year
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ten-DFW-Airline-Workers-Indicted-in-FBI-Drug-Sting-to-Smuggle-Drugs-Guns-Explosives-482691061.html%3famp=y

Jecain7
02-07-2019, 05:13 PM
No one should ever give CLT a try ever. Ick.

lol it sucks pretty bad. It is a miracle we get out on time at all.