Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Endeavor Economy Class

preflight
02-18-2019, 05:03 AM
Enjoyed another seat in the last row on two commutes recently. Open First and Comfort+.

Gate agents have conflicting data and some are assigning Endeavor pilots seats in the back, even on commutes, even when not in uniform.

Any ETA on fixing this? It's getting worse, not better at the moment IMO.

JulesWinfield
02-18-2019, 05:05 AM
Don't worry. Delta IT is on it.

ninerdriver
02-18-2019, 05:26 AM
Enjoyed another seat in the last row on two commutes recently. Open First and Comfort+.

Gate agents have conflicting data and some are assigning Endeavor pilots seats in the back, even on commutes, even when not in uniform.

If a gate agent is skipping you for upfront seats when you're non-revving, then ask for a supervisor or red coat. That's not okay. Either your airport doesn't get it, or you're getting some poorly trained agents.

If you're assigned in the back on a positive space and there are open seats up front, ask the gate agent whether they would move you up front. As long as there aren't more upgrade requests than seats, then they usually will, though that's at their whim.

If the gate agent won't move you up front on a positive space and there are still open seats, then you could ask the front FA nicely. If it's our metal, then they're usually cool with it.

Also, this whole situation sucks. I already have twenty dollars on "there won't be a fix."

flydiamond
02-18-2019, 05:44 AM
If a gate agent is skipping you for upfront seats when you're non-revving, then ask for a supervisor or red coat. That's not okay. Either your airport doesn't get it, or you're getting some poorly trained agents.

If you're assigned in the back on a positive space and there are open seats up front, ask the gate agent whether they would move you up front. As long as there aren't more upgrade requests than seats, then they usually will, though that's at their whim.

If the gate agent won't move you up front on a positive space and there are still open seats, then you could ask the front FA nicely. If it's our metal, then they're usually cool with it.

Also, this whole situation sucks. I already have twenty dollars on "there won't be a fix."

Until we are back on a positive space upgrade list and that list is cleared before the nonrev list it’s not fixed.

preflight
02-18-2019, 05:52 AM
Until we are back on a positive space upgrade list and that list is cleared before the nonrev list it’s not fixed.

Does the contract say something about treating the removal of something that has been done a certain way for a long time as a benefit loss?

msprj2
02-18-2019, 08:07 AM

When you say commutes, are you talking non-rev or positive space DH?

captive apple
02-18-2019, 08:26 AM
This is industry lagging and disturbing. You need to attack this before it spreads to the rest of the industry.

ninerdriver
02-18-2019, 09:43 AM
This is industry lagging and disturbing. You need to attack this before it spreads to the rest of the industry.

Wanna help? This applies to you guys on the DL side, too.

web500sjc
02-18-2019, 12:05 PM
Wanna help? This applies to you guys on the DL side, too.

The DL pilots already helped enough with our upgrade priority....

Fit4Doody
02-18-2019, 12:08 PM
Don’t you just love a middle seat in the back when your deadheading or commuting while an OAL offline pilot sits in premium?

EDVPLT
02-18-2019, 12:47 PM
Everyone realizes when a gate agent is looking at their screen to clear nonrevs it only shows what priority you are and not what carrier you work for? If you are nonreving on a 9E flight they would have to pull up DLterm to figure out if you are a 9E or a DL employee.

What happens most of the time is you get cleared in a main cabin seat because there are no premium seats available at the time and since you are higher on the standby list you get cleared first. Then because of no shows in the premium cabin, someone with a lower priority or hire date will get that seat. Once you board the airplane, you forfeit any right to upgrade and that is written right in Deltanet. A higher standby priority does not guarantee a better seat, it only means you will be cleared sooner.

I 100% agree that the deadheading issue needs to get fixed though, my above statement is only for being a standby.

theUpsideDown
02-18-2019, 03:05 PM
Everyone realizes when a gate agent is looking at their screen to clear nonrevs it only shows what priority you are and not what carrier you work for? If you are nonreving on a 9E flight they would have to pull up DLterm to figure out if you are a 9E or a DL employee.

What happens most of the time is you get cleared in a main cabin seat because there are no premium seats available at the time and since you are higher on the standby list you get cleared first. Then because of no shows in the premium cabin, someone with a lower priority or hire date will get that seat. Once you board the airplane, you forfeit any right to upgrade and that is written right in Deltanet. A higher standby priority does not guarantee a better seat, it only means you will be cleared sooner.

I 100% agree that the deadheading issue needs to get fixed though, my above statement is only for being a standby.

God i didn't want to be the one to spell it out. Thank God you had more energy. Nicely done.

whoareyou311
02-18-2019, 03:42 PM
Let's just start a JS war and get it over with. Fight fire with fire or are you whimps just all about lip service? Oh wait that would interrupt your hat style and galley announcements we wouldn't want to do that now would we.

flywithjohn
02-18-2019, 04:26 PM
Let's just start a JS war and get it over with. Fight fire with fire or are you whimps just all about lip service? Oh wait that would interrupt your hat style and galley announcements we wouldn't want to do that now would we.

Let’s not, we don’t do enough flying out of MSP as it is - I don’t need you fools messing my commute up and making it harder than it already is.

Avroman
02-18-2019, 05:07 PM

Ok I can see burning the place down over the BS reserve grid, but this is a bit overboard. :rolleyes:

Shadre Reevis
02-18-2019, 05:16 PM
Let's just start a JS war and get it over with. Fight fire with fire or are you whimps just all about lip service? Oh wait that would interrupt your hat style and galley announcements we wouldn't want to do that now would we.Am I right to assume that you don't commute?

vessbot
02-18-2019, 05:27 PM
He's actually from management and has a fairly perverse sense of fun. I dig it!

theUpsideDown
02-18-2019, 08:09 PM

Is he from management or is he a staffer for a real management who takes his buyout and tries to pretend he's big time? I know the FAs fall for it, but maybe he should stick to writing drafts for memos?

Paid2fly
02-20-2019, 04:35 PM
is he from management or is he a staffer for a real management who takes his buyout and tries to pretend he's big time? I know the fas fall for it, but maybe he should stick to writing drafts for memos?

;)

:)

:d

Avroman
02-20-2019, 05:05 PM

The day he's management is the day I retire :p

JulesWinfield
02-20-2019, 05:54 PM

Just so you know, I flew with a captain who noticed your stache from the flight deck while you did a walk around. Kudos to you and that stache. We took a delay because we were in awe of it.

vessbot
02-20-2019, 06:57 PM
Just so you know, I flew with a captain who noticed your stache from the flight deck while you did a walk around. Kudos to you and that stache. We took a delay because we were in awe of it.

Sorry about yall's OPR payment. But damn man, I gotta step up my internet anonymity game. I actually tried growing a moustache as a disguise, but look where that got me.

Also a nod to Whareyou311 himself who was creepin' on my schedule like a year ago, which by itself kind of annoyed me, however he gave me some solid gold advice to avoid a certain pairing. Too bad I didn't listen!

preflight
04-01-2019, 08:00 AM
With no pilots standing by, I agreed to jumpseat so a pair of lower priority Delta Services could board.

They got Comfort+, I ended up next to the aft bathroom.

Any word on fixing the backseat agent guidance for Endeavor Pilots?

JulesWinfield
04-01-2019, 08:19 AM
With no pilots standing by, I agreed to jumpseat so a pair of lower priority Delta Services could board.

Yours is a different story. The issue is that we aren't being put on the upgrade list when flying positive space. Your issue is likely that they waited to give you a seat, and had already cleared the other non-revs before giving you a seat in the back.

GuardPolice
04-01-2019, 08:21 AM

Once you agree to take the jumpseat, you lose your place in the non-rev line if there ends up being a seat. That’s the Delta policy, unfortunately.

GP

gojo
04-01-2019, 08:23 AM

That’s a question for the union. And the more people that ask it the better. I asked it a couple of weeks ago in recurrent. Same lame answer. We’re working on it.

Baradium
04-01-2019, 08:26 AM
Once you agree to take the jumpseat, you lose your place in the non-rev line if there ends up being a seat. That’s the Delta policy, unfortunately.

GP

It's also how it works for mainline pilots as well. If you list for the jumpseat you go behind all other nonrevs when it comes to seat assignments in the back.

flydiamond
04-01-2019, 11:05 AM
That’s a question for the union. And the more people that ask it the better. I asked it a couple of weeks ago in recurrent. Same lame answer. We’re working on it.
no less a question for the company. Make tw sweat.

gojo
04-01-2019, 12:38 PM
no less a question for the company. Make tw sweat.

Funny how things change. Back when TW was a union guy he would’ve been very aggressive at getting that fixed. He was also very anti hat. Now look at him.

JulesWinfield
04-01-2019, 02:20 PM
Funny how things change. Back when TW was a union guy he would’ve been very aggressive at getting that fixed. He was also very anti hat. Now look at him.

What do you expect from him? He took the job that was best for him and his family. Every interaction I have had with him has been genuine.

theUpsideDown
04-01-2019, 02:52 PM

Shush, hes still anti hat when he's not on their time.

Baradium
04-02-2019, 12:47 PM
What do you expect from him? He took the job that was best for him and his family. Every interaction I have had with him has been genuine.

I personally witnessed him tell one group of pilots one thing and then 10 minutes later another group the complete opposite because they each wanted different things (this was leading up to JCBA voting).

Separate from that issue, he assured pre merger Pinnacle pilots that the DOH for pay would be fixed later if they accepted the difference for this contract (still JCBA) and then after it was voted in denied that he would ever support something that only helped one pre-merger pilot group.

They may be small items now (I honestly don't remember what the first issue even was, just that he gave different and contradictory lines depending on whether he was talking to senior guys or junior ones), but the end result is I wouldn't trust anything he says if it's not in writing (and even then with a grain of salt).

JulesWinfield
04-02-2019, 01:22 PM
I personally witnessed him tell one group of pilots one thing and then 10 minutes later another group the complete opposite because they each wanted different things (this was leading up to JCBA voting).

Separate from that issue, he assured pre merger Pinnacle pilots that the DOH for pay would be fixed later if they accepted the difference for this contract (still JCBA) and then after it was voted in denied that he would ever support something that only helped one pre-merger pilot group.

They may be small items now (I honestly don't remember what the first issue even was, just that he gave different and contradictory lines depending on whether he was talking to senior guys or junior ones), but the end result is I wouldn't trust anything he says if it's not in writing (and even then with a grain of salt).

Yeah, he's management. Don't trust anything from them unless it's in writing.

Avroman
04-03-2019, 03:56 AM
He was just as (not) trustworthy as MEC chairman.

theUpsideDown
04-03-2019, 04:22 AM
He was just as (not) trustworthy as MEC chairman.

TW was so trustworthy he became an ALPA national organizer.

I've heard different conspiracies over the years about TW. My favorite is pilots from Mesaba upset they didnt get to go on strike and be unpaid because TW and MN figured out how to keep everyone paid while Mesaba corp. could make no money. That forced error by management gave Mesaba pilot so much bargaining power their bankruptcy contract was worth more than ASAs for a while and it took about a week to finish. Why a week? Because they wouldnt sign until the FAs and MX people got theirs too.

What conspiracy theory are you throwing in with? Not that I believe you, I just want to have a list of all the stupid made up things said about TW in case i ever get passionate enough to volunteer to help fellow pilots. It's important to remember that no good deed goes unpunished, at that's multiplied when you help a stupid pilot.

Baradium
04-03-2019, 11:15 AM
TW was so trustworthy he became an ALPA national organizer.

I've heard different conspiracies over the years about TW. My favorite is pilots from Mesaba upset they didnt get to go on strike and be unpaid because TW and MN figured out how to keep everyone paid while Mesaba corp. could make no money. That forced error by management gave Mesaba pilot so much bargaining power their bankruptcy contract was worth more than ASAs for a while and it took about a week to finish. Why a week? Because they wouldnt sign until the FAs and MX people got theirs too.

What conspiracy theory are you throwing in with? Not that I believe you, I just want to have a list of all the stupid made up things said about TW in case i ever get passionate enough to volunteer to help fellow pilots. It's important to remember that no good deed goes unpunished, at that's multiplied when you help a stupid pilot.

My story is from while he was MEC chair. I witnessed it personally and it is completely first hand, so you can try to call it a "conspiracy" all you want, it happened and I'm sure it's not the only time. I don't even work there anymore, so I'm interested in what reason you'll have that I would have made it up.

theUpsideDown
04-03-2019, 12:44 PM
, so I'm interested in what reason you'll have that I would have made it up.

Your irrational exuberance recoloring your past experiences during recall in that fungible period between recall and replay. Chemical imbalances. Literally just wanting to be right online so much you make things up. Might be a similar reason why you're still on here rather than your airline web board.

I can keep going.

Baradium
04-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Your irrational exuberance recoloring your past experiences during recall in that fungible period between recall and replay. Chemical imbalances. Literally just wanting to be right online so much you make things up. Might be a similar reason why you're still on here rather than your airline web board.

I can keep going.

Cute coming from the one who says all statements are rumors to support being right.

I'm on here (as well as my airline web board) because I promised myself that I would not forget where I came from or the people still there. I'm also not the only one, although I see that the others are posting here less and less. While I genuinely am still interested in what happens to Endeavor and 9E pilots, if your opinion becomes more than a small minority I will bow out of discussions.

theUpsideDown
04-03-2019, 02:28 PM
Cute coming from the one who says all statements are rumors to support being right.

I'm on here (as well as my airline web board) because I promised myself that I would not forget where I came from or the people still there. I'm also not the only one, although I see that the others are posting here less and less. While I genuinely am still interested in what happens to Endeavor and 9E pilots, if your opinion becomes more than a small minority I will bow out of discussions.
You and shyguy, quite the circles youre running in.

Avroman
04-03-2019, 06:56 PM
Ok I'll toss a couple out. How about during the merger JCBA roadshows where he was selling the SSP as a "PSA style meet, shake, and get a class date" Or during the 2nd bankruptcy where he said straight to my face that "FO pay scales won't be touched, we know there is no room to take anything from them"

Mesabah
04-03-2019, 08:33 PM

I can keep going.
You're taking the forum way too seriously.

theUpsideDown
04-04-2019, 01:54 AM
Ok I'll toss a couple out. How about during the merger JCBA roadshows where he was selling the SSP as a "PSA style meet, shake, and get a class date" Or during the 2nd bankruptcy where he said straight to my face that "FO pay scales won't be touched, we know there is no room to take anything from them"

Ah, so TW gets lied to, believes it, and passes on the best info he has and that makes him a liar? Or are you pretending he knew all along and did it to get his "dream job" and system CP?

2nd bankruptcy he said more than once "everyone takes a haircut, the people leasing the airplanes to us take a haircut and there is no airline without airplanes." You sure he said FO scales wont be touched? Because if the union took that sort of position they'd have been forced into something worse than what we got. And lets be clear, TW and you would have known that. There is no drawing a line in the sand or a bankruptcy judge will simply bulldoze you.

If the company had left FO payscales alone we'd be hearing from you that its too easy to hire people at this company and the captain pay rates will never get better as a result. Of course we'd all be asking, why are you still here and you'd have another reason.

However, I'm willing to stipulate that TW had a mini stroke and forgot how bankruptcy worked for your question, and made a crazy promise he couldn't keep. And I will agree he lied to everyone about the SSP because he didn't want to hear you all complain about the deal and he just wanted to goto sleep and wait for his cushy system CP job. You convinced me, TW spent a couple decaded volunteering to lie to you in a crew room and sell out the pilot group because he thought it'd be funny to not goto delta where hed make more money and have a MSP base and instead do paperwork the rest of his life.

Everyone reading this exchange, consider the above as the thanks for volunteering.

You're taking the forum way too seriously.
I guess. Seems like that could cut both ways.

Kforekyle
04-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Ah, so TW gets lied to, believes it, and passes on the best info he has and that makes him a liar? Or are you pretending he knew all along and did it to get his "dream job" and system CP?

2nd bankruptcy he said more than once "everyone takes a haircut, the people leasing the airplanes to us take a haircut and there is no airline without airplanes." You sure he said FO scales wont be touched? Because if the union took that sort of position they'd have been forced into something worse than what we got. And lets be clear, TW and you would have known that. There is no drawing a line in the sand or a bankruptcy judge will simply bulldoze you.

If the company had left FO payscales alone we'd be hearing from you that its too easy to hire people at this company and the captain pay rates will never get better as a result. Of course we'd all be asking, why are you still here and you'd have another reason.

However, I'm willing to stipulate that TW had a mini stroke and forgot how bankruptcy worked for your question, and made a crazy promise he couldn't keep. And I will agree he lied to everyone about the SSP because he didn't want to hear you all complain about the deal and he just wanted to goto sleep and wait for his cushy system CP job. You convinced me, TW spent a couple decaded volunteering to lie to you in a crew room and sell out the pilot group because he thought it'd be funny to not goto delta where hed make more money and have a MSP base and instead do paperwork the rest of his life.

Everyone reading this exchange, consider the above as the thanks for volunteering.

I guess. Seems like that could cut both ways.
I was told on more than one occasion that the Fo rates would not be touched and given the same reassurance. That was the main reason I voted no. Just saying.

theUpsideDown
04-04-2019, 04:06 PM
I was told on more than one occasion that the Fo rates would not be touched and given the same reassurance. That was the main reason I voted no. Just saying.

I remember when they said the company was just looking for a temporary reprieve so they could get out of the cliche pinnacle stupidity that was the downtown office. I remember the union saying we weren't interested in any paycuts until we understood why they needed them. That was the only time i heard anyone come close to saying we weren't giving them anything. And that was short lived until we started seeing the filing paperwork.

There was a time there we got fed a lot of BS until the ny state bankruptcy judge told pinnacle management they were in danger of being labeled bargaining in bad faith and the appointed judge would simply bargain for them if they kept it up. Even then we'd offered plenty to try and appease the court, which worked.

TalkTurkey
04-07-2019, 07:31 AM
Lmbo there’s more here about TW than economy class.

preflight
05-11-2019, 05:45 AM
Today’s dirty tricks in Atlanta:

Low on the list, going to work at LGA with Delta people appearing out of nowhere to list and go ahead of me. I list for jumpseat because nobody else is listed. They cancel my standby listing because you “cannot be listed for both”. Now two Delta pilots take the jumpseats (because all they will give you is a “request”) and Delta retirees fill the rest of the flight.

Appears one has to plan for two flights out of Atlanta and an unable to commute form as the new normal...

Baradium
05-11-2019, 06:12 AM

Low on the list, going to work at LGA with Delta people appearing out of nowhere to list and go ahead of me. I list for jumpseat because nobody else is listed. They cancel my standby listing because you “cannot be listed for both”. Now two Delta pilots take the jumpseats (because all they will give you is a “request”) and Delta retirees fill the rest of the flight.

Appears one has to plan for two flights out of Atlanta and an unable to commute form as the new normal...

Where's the dirty tricks?

wiggy15
05-11-2019, 06:12 AM

Not really dirty tricks when it's the policy. While some agents don't enforce it, it is policy that you can't list for both. They will only give you a request until 15 prior because Delta guys can take the jumpseat untill then. Sounds like a bad day commuting but no body did anything wrong.

AimHigh1
05-11-2019, 06:21 AM

That's just terrible.. I don't like how they have until D-15 to take a jumpseat it should be D-35..I try to stay listed for both and then cancel the standby listing as soon as I know I'm for sure getting the jump. I'd rather get on than not at all.

preflight
05-11-2019, 06:24 AM
Not really dirty tricks when it's the policy. While some agents don't enforce it, it is policy that you can't list for both. They will only give you a request until 15 prior because Delta guys can take the jumpseat untill then. Sounds like a bad day commuting but no body did anything wrong.

So with S3A everything below boards first and we can still get kicked off jumpseat becomes don’t bother listing for jumpseat until the last minute....check!

KSCessnaDriver
05-11-2019, 06:40 AM
With Delta taking the jumpseat until D-15, there's really no reason to list for the jumpseat on Delta until right about then. Just stay listed in the back until then.

AimHigh1
05-11-2019, 06:49 AM
With Delta taking the jumpseat until D-15, there's really no reason to list for the jumpseat on Delta until right about then. Just stay listed in the back until then.

Unless another Endeavor pilot lists :eek:

KSCessnaDriver
05-11-2019, 06:51 AM
Unless another Endeavor pilot lists :eek:

I guess that's the risk. Either way, it is what it is

vessbot
05-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Multiple times there's been a blurb in a FOU/CPNL or what have you, that the policy in this case is that if you get bumped from the JS it automatically puts you in the back IN NONREV PRIORITY ORDER. And therefore the surest way to cover all bases is to list for the JS. I always thought that was a too-easy foboff and would not trust it. And it looks like I was right.

I just found one example, in the 2/11/2019 FOU, "jumpseat information and reminders." You should fill out a FCR referencing the quote from there and what happened.

gojo
05-11-2019, 11:30 AM

That sounds about right. I’ve been commuting for a long time. And I’ve never seen it work where a Jumpseater gets rolled to the back on a full flight if you lose the Jumpseat at the end. I also have been told many times about not listing for the back and the Jumpseat. I could be wrong, but I feel like that applies to mainline. As they can list for the Jumpseat themselves. So listing for both could essentially keep another Delta Pilot from listing for the Jumpseat ahead of time. Maybe I shouldn’t say this, but I usually list as a non rev first. And then I will check on the Jumpseat if it’s looking iffy. I don’t tell them that I’m listed as a non rev. And usually they don’t ask. Then I’ll cancel the reservation as soon as I get the Jumpseat. Because, if it’s that tight, I’ll probably not be getting on in the back until right at the end anyway. Maybe I’m giving you bad advice. Hope not

wiggy15
05-11-2019, 11:36 AM
So with S3A everything below boards first and we can still get kicked off jumpseat becomes don’t bother listing for jumpseat until the last minute....check!

When you list for the jumpseat, you are no longer S3A you are now JSA. AKA bottom of the list. Can't list for both S3A and JSA per their policy.

KSCessnaDriver
05-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Multiple times there's been a blurb in a FOU/CPNL or what have you, that the policy in this case is that if you get bumped from the JS it automatically puts you in the back IN NONREV PRIORITY ORDER. And therefore the surest way to cover all bases is to list for the JS. I always thought that was a too-easy foboff and would not trust it. And it looks like I was right.

I just found one example, in the 2/11/2019 FOU, "jumpseat information and reminders." You should fill out a FCR referencing the quote from there and what happened.

The issue becomes, when the DL pilot shows up and takes the jumpseat at D-16, bumps you out of the jumpseat, rolls you to S3A, and the gate agent has already filled the remainder of the seats in the back with lower priority nonrevs.

When you list for the jumpseat, you are no longer S3A you are now JSA. AKA bottom of the list. Can't list for both S3A and JSA per their policy.

No, if the JS is already full of higher priority passengers, you are rolled into the non-rev list at your PPR priority, which is S3A. JSA is for OAL crew that don't have Delta benefits.