Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FlyExclusive

Ltdpilot
02-24-2019, 09:11 AM
Sounds like they raised their pay and are hiring CE750 Captains... anyone have details on their payscale, benefits, etc??

Amphibian
02-24-2019, 01:22 PM
We got another pay increase first of the year. We have one ten on property, it is not yet on the certificate because of Gov. Shut Down delay.

Our HR dept has not updated our profile yet with current pay scales, PM me know what you want to know and I will get you latest info.

Amphibian
03-07-2019, 05:39 PM
flyExclusive company profile updated with current pay scales.

https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/part-135/flyexclusive

Additional pay info not included:
*Designated maintenance recovery & flights that start before 06:00 or end after 22:00 local will be paid a $150 bonus.

*Captains are eligible for up to $12,000 in yearly bonusí for meeting on time repositioning and fuel consumption goals.

jcullen4
03-08-2019, 05:48 AM
Questions...

What is life like with FlyExclusive? Tough question, but for someone who has no experience in either 121 or 135, why would one choose FlyExclusive over a 121 opportunity? How many hrs could an FO expect to fly per year? Will the company put you through ATP? Lastly, the notes on APC says first yr FO pay is 48k but the chart says 57k--which one is it?

yallwatchthis
03-08-2019, 06:02 AM
Questions...

What is life like with FlyExclusive? Tough question, but for someone who has no experience in either 121 or 135, why would one choose FlyExclusive over a 121 opportunity? How many hrs could an FO expect to fly per year? Will the company put you through ATP? Lastly, the notes on APC says first yr FO pay is 48k but the chart says 57k--which one is it?

57K. I enjoy the 135 because you're always going somewhere new. Great place, it has growing pains like anywhere else.

Amphibian
03-08-2019, 06:52 AM
Company has a different first year pay scale for Commercial Rated Pilots ($48k) and ATP Rated Pilots ($57k).

If Commercial Pilot with ATP-CTP completed, company will upgrade you to ATP at your Initial Type Training. If Commercial Pilot without ATP-CTP completed, company will send you to a ATP-CPT course prior to your annual recurrent type training.

flyExclusive is much better than a 121 regional. Why: Fixed 8on & 6off schedule (known days off for months in advance), company paid positive space tickets to work, no reserve, company AMEX to pay for hotels, uber, ect., pilots pick own hotels, $57/ day per diem, pilots keep hotel points & airline miles...to name a few reasons.

Pilots fly about 500 hours per year. QOL is great. PM me with specific questions.

Amphibian
03-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Company Applicant Frequently Asked Questions is now posted on company website.
Link:
http://www.flyexclusive.com/EJL%20Pilot%20Applicant%20FAQ's%2001-19.pdf

B727DRVR
03-13-2019, 09:10 AM
Hey all,

What Amphibian says above.... His informative posts on this forum are the reason I applied here, and I thank him regularly for his help getting me on here.

The Company has treated me wonderfully, and its been a great year working here. I don't hesitate to recommend flyExclusive to my fellow pilots.

Hey, my best advice if you are interested is to apply directly to us at flyExclusive | Your Partner in Private Travel (http://www.flyexclusive.com/) instead of through climbto350, because it bypasses the middle man/woman and puts you directly into our payroll program to put your resume seamlessly in front of HR. Not to diss 350, of course, just help my fellow pilots reach us faster.

Click to the Careers tab on the top right, and then browse the FAQ's and payrates.

We are trying to hire 10 pilots per month through October:eek:, so we are definitely growing fast, with Citation Encore Plus's being the main growth fleet. Our second Citation X is going through conformity inspections now.

They are currently recruiting for April classes, so if you get your application in here shortly, you could be in one of the April classes if called. If you have a question, PM myself or Amphibian (Both regular line pilots, BTW.......):cool:

MaxMar
03-15-2019, 07:34 AM
Iím curious about Commercial vs ATP pilots. Why the $10,000 pay difference? Gama does the same thing with Wheels Up. Intuitively youíd think itís because it costs more to get a commercial pilot an ATP rating, but by reducing the salary $10,000 youíre essentially making them pay for their own ATP right? Why have a training contract AND take $10,000 out of the first year salary to offset the cost of the ATP? It seems like double dipping.

If I were to apply, would it help me to have gone and done the CTP course and completed the written? In that case would I get the improved pay? Because it makes sense if so, a $4,000 CTP course to get $10,000 extra pay...

Amphibian
03-15-2019, 11:48 AM
MaxMar: To answer your question, yes if you have ATP mins met. Do your CTP course, take the written and your type ride will also be your ATP practical. The company will then pay you on ATP rated FO scale.

The pro rated training agreement is for one year of service after receiving a type rating in your assigned aircraft.

Addl.’ info: All of our trips are governed by different brokers with different crew requirements. Some customers will not allow a non ATP rated pilot to serve as a crew member. Therefore, a commercially rated pilot can’t do all potential trips and has reduced value to the company. To site your example, Wheels Up is one of those customers.

I’m curious about Commercial vs ATP pilots. Why the $10,000 pay difference? Gama does the same thing with Wheels Up. Intuitively you’d think it’s because it costs more to get a commercial pilot an ATP rating, but by reducing the salary $10,000 you’re essentially making them pay for their own ATP right? Why have a training contract AND take $10,000 out of the first year salary to offset the cost of the ATP? It seems like double dipping.

If I were to apply, would it help me to have gone and done the CTP course and completed the written? In that case would I get the improved pay? Because it makes sense if so, a $4,000 CTP course to get $10,000 extra pay...

captfred
03-15-2019, 12:28 PM
Is the 10 flying revenue trips yet?

Amphibian
03-15-2019, 01:47 PM
Had dinner with a group of line pilots and our D.O. at base last night.

News: Company should have Op. Specs on the Tens early next week. There is a second Ten in pre-buy and a few more in the pipeline.

Race is on to meet goal of 50 planes by year end.

B727DRVR
03-15-2019, 08:35 PM
And 60 more pilots by September.... crazy.:cool:

cannotdupilcate
03-17-2019, 01:12 PM
[QUOTE=jcullen4;2777552]Questions...

"What is life like with FlyExclusive? Tough question, but for someone who has no experience in either 121 or 135, why would one choose FlyExclusive over a 121 opportunity?" You wouldn't...

Amphibian
03-19-2019, 03:34 AM
Updates from Pilot Conference Call yesterday:

1) Hiring continues for foreseeable future.

2) Purchase of second Citation X has closed.

3) Fleet of seven additional Citation Encore Plus' will go online at pace of one every six weeks.

duckman
03-26-2019, 07:20 AM
Hello All!
I have a few questions for you that would benefit your prospective applicants.
1. To become a CJ SIC is the 150 multi-engine hours a hard requirement or will you guys go substantially lower than that.
(I am working on getting 25 hours of multi-engine time because I was thinking of going to a regional. I have over 1500 hours tt)
2. What is the safety culture of the company regarding not going due to weather and or mx issues?
3. Do you fly every single day on your rotation or are there times you have long enough layovers to enjoy yourself?
4. Does the company give you a healthy amount of rest between your duty periods and by that I mean more than the part 135 minimum rest requirements?
5. Lastly are all the CJ’s standardized and have the same FMS and equipment or are there big differences between them throughout your fleet?
Thanks again!

Amphibian
03-26-2019, 03:33 PM
Answers to Duckman's Questions:

1) Less than 150 Multi- my recommendation would be to apply. Posted minimums are preferred minimums.

2) Safety Culture- Never any shove back for delaying or postponing for weather I wasn't comfortable with. Maint. discrepancies are written up and MEL'd if there is relief or corrective action is taken on location.

3) Work load- On CJ fleet, we typically get a day or two off per rotation. Average day is a repo and a live leg. Plenty of time to explore, especially now that it is daylight longer.

4) Rest- Our rest periods are typically longer than the 10 hour min. We do not do airport standby and crews will head to hotel around five if not given an assignment and typically remain there until an hour & forty five minutes prior to next assignment's departure time. Generally much longer than 10 hours.

5) CJ fleet differences- All of our CJs have Proline 21s with UNS 1 FMS'. One CJ has steam gauges on right side of flight deck and no Garmin 530s. All others have Dual PFDs and Garmin 530s.

Feel free to let me know if you have additional questions.

Hello All!
I have a few questions for you that would benefit your prospective applicants.
1. To become a CJ SIC is the 150 multi-engine hours a hard requirement or will you guys go substantially lower than that.
(I am working on getting 25 hours of multi-engine time because I was thinking of going to a regional. I have over 1500 hours tt)
2. What is the safety culture of the company regarding not going due to weather and or mx issues?
3. Do you fly every single day on your rotation or are there times you have long enough layovers to enjoy yourself?
4. Does the company give you a healthy amount of rest between your duty periods and by that I mean more than the part 135 minimum rest requirements?
5. Lastly are all the CJís standardized and have the same FMS and equipment or are there big differences between them throughout your fleet?
Thanks again!

duckman
03-27-2019, 07:54 AM
Thanks Amphibian! I appreciate it.

TiredSoul
03-27-2019, 05:05 PM
Just to rain on your parade a little...well because I can.
150 hrs ME time is NOT a lot of time.
And you still have to make it through a type rating course.
135 training and flying is NOT 121 ďLiteĒ
Requirements of the Regionals are what they are but youíll tank your ride just as easy if youíre lacking the knowledge knowing what youíre doing.
Flying 135 on demand charter is not about letting somebody else hold your pants up.
Not knowing what youíre doing combined with somebody who should not be Captain gets you dead.
Sorry dude, read it.
http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/watchdog/2018/02/08/pilot-killed-teterboro-crash-not-qualified-fly-ntsb-documents-show/319764002/

MaxMar
03-27-2019, 05:18 PM
Just to rain on your parade a little...well because I can.
150 hrs ME time is NOT a lot of time.
And you still have to make it through a type rating course.
135 training and flying is NOT 121 ďLiteĒ
Requirements of the Regionals are what they are but youíll tank your ride just as easy if youíre lacking the knowledge knowing what youíre doing.
Flying 135 on demand charter is not about letting somebody else hold your pants up.
Not knowing what youíre doing combined with somebody who should not be Captain gets you dead.
Sorry dude, read it.
http://www.northjersey.com/story/news/watchdog/2018/02/08/pilot-killed-teterboro-crash-not-qualified-fly-ntsb-documents-show/319764002/

What about an applicant in the 2000-2500 hour range, about 1000 TPIC, with 2 years 135 PIC but only 25 multi?

TiredSoul
03-27-2019, 05:35 PM
What about an applicant in the 2000-2500 hour range, about 1000 TPIC, with 2 years 135 PIC but only 25 multi?

Plane Sense?
Thatís different but still if you donít know Vmc from a smoking hole in the ground youíll be in trouble in the sim.
Iíd trust you with approaches to mins though.

UTR69
03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
Iím not sold on their safety culture. I was pressured several
Times by the CP and president to complete a flight that was not safe due to weather and also once on a fatigue call. Regarding the fatigue call, I was contacted and told, ďthis is our best client. I know youíre fatigued but if you can just complete this one leg, Iíll personally end you schedule for the dayĒ.

Those instances really made me consider where I was working and what their intentions are.

I would think twice before going there.

Amphibian
03-27-2019, 05:42 PM
After inquiry, I am told 1800 Total Time/ 100 Multi/ ATP-CTP, ATP Written Complete will get your foot in the door.

B727DRVR
03-27-2019, 07:00 PM
Is the 10 flying revenue trips yet?

Hey Fred,

The first Citation X revenue trip is tomorrow...

captfred
03-27-2019, 07:15 PM
Hey Fred,

The first Citation X revenue trip is tomorrow...

Very nice!

B727DRVR
03-27-2019, 07:48 PM
Times by the CP and president to complete a flight that was not safe due to weather and also once on a fatigue call. Regarding the fatigue call, I was contacted and told, ďthis is our best client. I know youíre fatigued but if you can just complete this one leg, Iíll personally end you schedule for the dayĒ.

Those instances really made me consider where I was working and what their intentions are.

It sounds like you are talking about a different company than the one that I fly for. But just because something has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know here it flyExclusive.., doesnít mean that it didnít happen to you, but it is highly suspect. And here is why....

I say this because I have been specifically told but the CP and DO to ďerr on the side of cautionĒ when considering what would have been a great trip, but WX was iffy enough that we called the CP and DO for a second opinion and they said no. They were right. Could we have done the trip safely? Yes.. Would it have been a bumpy as heck ride for our pax? Yes. Having flown at various 91K, 121, and 135 carriers, I am confident to say that our safety culture is just fine... Not to mention that we have former AA, SWA, etc. Captains AND FOís here that donít need the money and chose to fly for fun: Do you think that they would come here and stay here if we were some scumbag 135 company trying to fly like itís 1999? And, we have retired applicants wanting to come here from AA, DL, SWA, UAL, UPS, etc, some who are Academy grads.

Also, we are quickly heading to 200 pilots and 50 airplanes, and we are TOO big to be pulling off this 1990ís 134 1/2 antics just to make ONE trip work out. Itís not like we are a 1 plane only company that is going to go out of business if we miss one trip... We use brokers, and because of this, they will call back even if we had a slip up in the past. We are flying the same A-listers that Netjets, XO, GAMA, Flex, TMC, etc. are, and we arení t going to sabotage that just to make one trip work. I personally have seen a few disappointed passengers that we werenít able to serve due to WX or MX reasons, but we always explained to them WHY, in one word, we canít complete their trip: SAFETY....

Also suspicious is the fact that your first post here on APC is a negative one about this Company. Maybe thatís just a coincidence.

After being here a year and a couple of weeks, I have seen nothing unsafe or improper regarding anything... MX, Ops, etc.: If I had seen the type of stuff that you allege, I would be on climbto350 looking for a job instead of challenging you. So I would have absolutely have no problem having my family on one of our planes and would also have no problem recommending flyExclusive to my fellow pilots. I absolutely disagree with everything that you said, but, congratulations on your first post and welcome to Airline Pilot Central Forums!:cool:

captfred
03-28-2019, 02:43 AM
One thing I recommended when I was there was the adoption of a ASAP program. It is a way to protect your airman certificate in event the feds attempt to violate you. It worked really well at my major airline and many 135s now have the program.

For some reason the DO was not in favor. I know there is considerable time and money involved setting up the program but I see ASAP as a recruiting and retention tool for the company. Perhaps FE has one in place by now.

B727DRVR
03-28-2019, 04:16 AM
Totally agree...

Our POI at Kitty Hawk was the former VP of Flight Ops at AA. Coming from an AA pilot family, I knew him from when I was 5. When Kitty Hawk got the ASAP program, he candidly said ďSon, with the ASAP program, we (the FAA) treat pilots like Doctors treat other Doctors... You guys are officially airline pilots now and the FAA will treat you like professionalsĒ. Initially, KH was against the ASAP program, but ended up loving it with the trove of data that they got through the ASAP program. It truly made for a safer airline. Of course, the pilots and the FSDO loved it too.

I donít think that our DO is AGAINST the ASAP program at all... We have an excellent relationship with the GSO FSDO and our POI and I have heard talk that it is in our plans. I believe that we currently have set up an informal version with our FSDO now, with the intent of getting one sometime in the future. Itís just that we are not even 4 years old yet, but have gone from 3 planes in 2015, to 36 planes now: Setting up an ASAP program is a pretty big undertaking and takes time. You are correct that an ASAP program takes time, and dedicated commitments from the Company, the Pilots, and the FSDO. So, I donít think that it will happen over night, but I definitely think that it will happen, even if only for our size and stratospheric growth.

I just spoke with our new Director of Safety on Tuesday, and he felt that we would have an ASAP program in the near future. As we are growing, I have no doubt that we will have one in place. I have heard that the FAA is considering mandating it for carriers over a certain size anyway.

Hey Fred, how long ago did you leave and where did you head off to? If you or any of your friends are looking, we are hiring like mad! And our DO and CP are great in that they have established a Company culture that if you were a good employee and gave adequate and respectful notice when you left, then they will welcome you back with open arms if your other pastures werenít greener. Come back to us, Fred!!!! Come baaaaaaaaack!!! LOL..:cool:

UTR69
03-28-2019, 06:53 AM
It sounds like you are talking about a different company than the one that I fly for. But just because something has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know here it flyExclusive.., doesnít mean that it didnít happen to you, but it is highly suspect. And here is why....

I say this because I have been specifically told but the CP and DO to ďerr on the side of cautionĒ when considering what would have been a great trip, but WX was iffy enough that we called the CP and DO for a second opinion and they said no. They were right. Could we have done the trip safely? Yes.. Would it have been a bumpy as heck ride for our pax? Yes. Having flown at various 91K, 121, and 135 carriers, I am confident to say that our safety culture is just fine... Not to mention that we have former AA, SWA, etc. Captains AND FOís here that donít need the money and chose to fly for fun: Do you think that they would come here and stay here if we were some scumbag 135 company trying to fly like itís 1999? And, we have retired applicants wanting to come here from AA, DL, SWA, UAL, UPS, etc, some who are Academy grads.

Also, we are quickly heading to 200 pilots and 50 airplanes, and we are TOO big to be pulling off this 1990ís 134 1/2 antics just to make ONE trip work out. Itís not like we are a 1 plane only company that is going to go out of business if we miss one trip... We use brokers, and because of this, they will call back even if we had a slip up in the past. We are flying the same A-listers that Netjets, XO, GAMA, Flex, TMC, etc. are, and we arení t going to sabotage that just to make one trip work. I personally have seen a few disappointed passengers that we werenít able to serve due to WX or MX reasons, but we always explained to them WHY, in one word, we canít complete their trip: SAFETY....

Also suspicious is the fact that your first post here on APC is a negative one about this Company. Maybe thatís just a coincidence.

After being here a year and a couple of weeks, I have seen nothing unsafe or improper regarding anything... MX, Ops, etc.: If I had seen the type of stuff that you allege, I would be on climbto350 looking for a job instead of challenging you. So I would have absolutely have no problem having my family on one of our planes and would also have no problem recommending flyExclusive to my fellow pilots. I absolutely disagree with everything that you said, but, congratulations on your first post and welcome to Airline Pilot Central Forums!:cool:

I guess we will just disagree. I saw a lot of lip service about safety etc but when it came to flying ďour best client ApolloĒ, it was gloves off to the extent of getting 5 calls from Mike about completing the trip. Thatís pressure and not needed especially after a crew fatigues.

Also, please donít trivialize my ďfirst commentĒ.

Bottom line, IMO, there are much better companies to go with.

captfred
03-28-2019, 08:01 AM
Hey 727:

I sent you a PM. I gave JH the contact info for a consulting company that does 95 percent of the paperwork for a ASAP program. One of the problems they have there is it is a long drive for the feds from GSO to Kinston. Feds do not like doing that often. My suggestion would be to rent a conference room at RDU for the ASAP meetings and event review committee. Much easier logistics for the feds.

B727DRVR
03-28-2019, 09:04 AM
I guess we will just disagree. I saw a lot of lip service about safety etc but when it came to flying ďour best client ApolloĒ, it was gloves off to the extent of getting 5 calls from Mike about completing the trip. Thatís pressure and not needed especially after a crew fatigues.

Also, please donít trivialize my ďfirst commentĒ.

Bottom line, IMO, there are much better companies to go with.

Hey UTR,

Yeah, I guess I did trivialize your comment and I'm sorry about that. I did try to say that just because it didn't happen to me or my friends, doesn't mean that it didn't happen to you.

I just know from my previous experiences where I have had to make a stand under true duress from management, and that is something that I have never seen here nor have any of my friends either. I have worked at a place (not for very long), in the 1990's, where pilots were told "DO IT OR YOU'RE FIRED". And I can tell you that flyExclusive is not one of those pilot pushing companies.

Now, if I had ground the plane somewhere for MX or fatigue issues, which I have had to, I wouldn't be surprised to hear from more than just Flight Control as to what was going on, and maybe the Fleet Lead or CP making sure that I had consulted the MEL correctly. And I wouldn't take offense to that, nor would I be threatened about that either. 5 calls, maybe.., but we are just too big now to push a safety issue for just one trip or client. We have grounded for several clients for maintainance purposes in the Excel and there was never a problem or pushback. While we don't want to let a client down, we aren't going to compromise safety and risk it all for just one trip. I'm just saying that no one here gets threatened with their job for refusing to fly due to a safety concern...

Blue skies and I hope you are happy wherever you ended up.:cool:

captjns
03-28-2019, 04:51 PM
Hey 727:

I sent you a PM. I gave JH the contact info for a consulting company that does 95 percent of the paperwork for a ASAP program. One of the problems they have there is it is a long drive for the feds from GSO to Kinston. Feds do not like doing that often. My suggestion would be to rent a conference room at RDU for the ASAP meetings and event review committee. Much easier logistics for the feds.

Mx nor Ops side of the FAA have to be physically present at the ERC meetings. Monthly meetings were scheduled well in advance with Company reps in the conference room and the FAA on the speaker phone.

Contrary to urban legend, it’s not a get out of jail card for the crewmember. Generally speaking, the FAA will accept the decision of the company ERC representatives. Interviews, investigations, and in some cases, remedial training are required.

jrav8r
03-30-2019, 03:11 PM
If an FO came on right at ATP mins, how long would it take to upgrade?

Amphibian
03-30-2019, 04:17 PM
Official Answer:

Upgrades are currently running 6 to 18 months.

We need an Argus rated crew, so between 100 and 250 PIC in type is required for upgrade depending on the PIC time of the other crewmembers.

Total time, jet time, ability, attitude, maturity, performance reviews, and company needs would all be considering factors. Pilots are currently flying 40 or more hours a month.

On the CJ fleet, most all FOs are upgraded to Capt. after a year.

If an FO came on right at ATP mins, how long would it take to upgrade?

jrav8r
03-30-2019, 04:23 PM
With ATP mins and only about 100 multi, and 400 TPIC (PC-12), would this be competitive for the Encore?

Amphibian
03-30-2019, 04:55 PM
I think you are close to being competitive for Encore, especially with the PC-12 experience. I am told 1800 Total Time/ 100 Multi/ ATP-CTP, ATP Written Complete is the threshold.

With ATP mins and only about 100 multi, and 400 TPIC (PC-12), would this be competitive for the Encore?

bajthejino
04-02-2019, 04:37 PM

Are you the guy that called in fatigued on the first day, before the first leg was even flown?

UTR69
04-03-2019, 03:58 AM
Are you the guy that called in fatigued on the first day, before the first leg was even flown?

No but that's brilliant. My question to you is, would that even make any difference? Would it make a difference whether a pilot calls fatigued on day 1 or day last??

Please share your fatigue thoughts with us. I am curious to hear how you are rationalizing not using a system that is there to provide a safety margin.......

Thanks.

hubbs
04-03-2019, 06:46 AM
Is FO pay negotiable for someone with 1000+ Part 135 PIC, just in the wrong jets? I understand the restrictions of being ARGUS rated.

B727DRVR
04-03-2019, 07:31 AM
Is FO pay negotiable for someone with 1000+ Part 135 PIC, just in the wrong jets? I understand the restrictions of being ARGUS rated.

Hey Hubbs,

Sorry, but we don't do that here, but I think that's a good thing for pilot morale purposes. It's bad for pilot morale to have some people to come in on top of people who have already been here and make more than the people who have already served the company. So we sort of run it like an airline....; You start out at first year pay..

Same thing with upgrades.. We are currently hiring street Captains for the Citation X only because nobody among our pilot group was X typed. But FO's come over from within to avoid a riot or revolving door.:cool:

NattyDread
04-03-2019, 11:40 AM
727 + Amphib,
thanks for all the helpful info you both provided.
Any info you can provide on the interview "process"? My numbers are:
>1000 ME PIC (all piston)
>1000 TPIC (all PC-12 and C-208)
0.0 ME SIC/PIC

Much appreciated.

Dread

sadietp
04-03-2019, 12:25 PM
Curious how close is "close to minimums" per the job posting? 1,000 tt? 1,200tt?

Looks like a great company to work for, although I am short of 1,500 hours.

Amphibian
04-03-2019, 12:52 PM
I am told 1800 Total Time/ 100 Multi/ ATP-CTP, ATP Written Complete will get your foot in the door.

Curious how close is "close to minimums" per the job posting? 1,000 tt? 1,200tt?

Looks like a great company to work for, although I am short of 1,500 hours.

Amphibian
04-03-2019, 01:14 PM
I would image interview questions on past experience, tell me about a time, things of that nature. A line pilot is currently doing pilot applicant screening calls.

I would focus on customer service aspect. We need pilots who can deliver the high end product, step outside their job description, go above and beyond if needed. PM me if you have any specific questions.

727 + Amphib,
thanks for all the helpful info you both provided.
Any info you can provide on the interview "process"? My numbers are:
>1000 ME PIC (all piston)
>1000 TPIC (all PC-12 and C-208)
0.0 ME SIC/PIC

Much appreciated.

Dread

hubbs
04-03-2019, 09:39 PM
Hey Hubbs,

Sorry, but we don't do that here, but I think that's a good thing for pilot morale purposes. It's bad for pilot morale to have some people to come in on top of people who have already been here and make more than the people who have already served the company. So we sort of run it like an airline....; You start out at first year pay..

Same thing with upgrades.. We are currently hiring street Captains for the Citation X only because nobody among our pilot group was X typed. But FO's come over from within to avoid a riot or revolving door.:cool:

Understood.

Agreed it's probably for the best for morale.

HeyLoad
04-07-2019, 12:53 PM
The web site mentions living within one hour of a airport with major airline service. Would MGM with regionals meet the limitation or do they mean main line only like ATL. I am within 20 min of MGM and 90 min from BHM. Not the best place to commute to a flying job.

Amphibian
04-07-2019, 02:00 PM
Nah, think youíd be fine commuting out of MGM. We have atleast one pilot I know of commuting out of BHM.

I routinely get two leg travel out of ATL through CLT on American, LOL. Itís cheap, saves the company money if there is no rush to get positioned.

From what I understand, flyExclusive is alot more flexible with home base airports than most other operators.

The web site mentions living within one hour of a airport with major airline service. Would MGM with regionals meet the limitation or do they mean main line only like ATL. I am within 20 min of MGM and 90 min from BHM. Not the best place to commute to a flying job.

arrrrree
04-07-2019, 04:06 PM
I am told 1800 Total Time/ 100 Multi/ ATP-CTP, ATP Written Complete will get your foot in the door.

Would 1800 get you into the CJ or would someone at those hours with jet experience get an opportunity to fly something larger than that?

Amphibian
04-07-2019, 05:28 PM
1800 would most likely get you in the Excel or Encore.

Another CJ went into prebuy last week, so that leaves us with only four. Doubt there will be any more non-rated new hires into the CJ fleet.

Would 1800 get you into the CJ or would someone at those hours with jet experience get an opportunity to fly something larger than that?

Deluth16
04-09-2019, 05:42 AM
Hi,
Just curious how long it takes to get a response after applying?
Thanks!

B727DRVR
04-09-2019, 05:56 AM

I don't think that MGM would be a problem, just my guess. I used to fly out of 71J near Rucker.:cool:

B727DRVR
04-09-2019, 06:19 AM
Hi,
Just curious how long it takes to get a response after applying?
Thanks!

Hey,

It depends... They are trying to fill positions for typed, current, and qualified street Captains for the Citation X and the Encore first, so if you don't have one of those types it will take a little longer.

I know that it's cliche', but be patient. Also, if you have less than 1800 TT and 100 Multi, then they probably won't be in a hurry. They will put you in the system, but they won't call you until you show that you have met those minimums. If you PM Amphibian, then he can check for you....

Deluth16
04-09-2019, 06:58 AM
Thanks so much!

Deluth16
04-12-2019, 11:07 AM
Approximately how long is the training footprint?

Amphibian
04-12-2019, 04:27 PM
Aircrew Academy computer based training at home= 40-60 hours.

Basic Indoc= 1 week in Kinston.

Type Rating= 2-3.5 weeks at Flightsaftey, depending on assigned airframe.

IOE= 2-eight day rotations.

Most importantly: Salary and per diem start day one of Indoc.

Approximately how long is the training footprint?

Deluth16
04-12-2019, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the reply Amphibian!

PICsf340
04-17-2019, 01:30 AM
Heyload, check your PMs

Usairstar
04-20-2019, 03:29 AM
Just wanted to post a message about my recent experience as a new FlyExclusive First Officer. Iím very grateful to Amphibian & B727DRVR (who I have met in Kinston during Indoc) for their helping me as a new hire.

I just completed my Sovereign Type rating in Orlando at Flight Safety after Indoc in Kinston. Everyone at FlyExclusive was very friendly, helpful and totally professional in every aspect of the onboarding process. The Chief Pilot who ran the Indoc class did a terrific job of teaching the Part 135 material, along with other company personnel explaining many other facets of corporate on-demand charter operations. (I recently retired after a 35+ year career from the Part 121 air carrier world).

I begin one of two 8 day IOE rotations next week, and look forward to the challenges that lie ahead, and learning all I can about this new adventure. There was some 135 flying in my early years, but a lot has changed in the amazing new avionics, and aircraft technologies; so Iím excited to be a part of the growing team at flyExclusive...

Deluth16
04-20-2019, 07:12 AM
Great post, thanks!

Brosnd
04-23-2019, 11:05 PM
Hey guys,

Am new to APC and just had a few questions regarding flyExclusive.

I'm married to an American girl and we're making the move up to the States a little later on this year (just waiting on a Green Card) and I'm trying to find out about the different types of flying/companies available. Part 135 seems like it would suit me especially with the 8on/6off schedule, and being home based.

My questions are:

1) What is the quality of your time off? Are your families excited to have you home or are you grumpy from being jet lagged/long days?

2) I currently have 3500TT, around 1800 Multi engine/multi crew, and 800 TPIC. With these hours what are the chances of getting onto something large that does long haul flights?

3) And lastly, is flyExclusive considered a career airline, or do guys tend to use it purely as a stepping stone onto bigger things (Major Airlines)?

Thanks for your help

Amphibian
04-24-2019, 05:19 AM
Answers:

1) Quality of time off is perfect. My family is always excited to see me. Usually we get home mid-late afternoon on last day of rotation. Occasionally, I have gotten home after 10 PM, because of a travel glitch with pilot relieving me.

Other than a couple emails, generally hear nothing from company on days off between rotations.

2) Do you have a FAA ATP or ATP written complete? If yes to either and your quoted experience, I would estimate 50/50 chance of Excel or Sovereign/Citation X.

With Excel, you can expect a quick upgrade to Capt. (within a year) on Sovergn/ Citation X you could probably expect to sit as an FO for 1-2 years before upgrade.

3) For many of us, flyExclusive is a stepping stone. It is a great place to gain good experience and build turbine PIC. It is still a relatively young and growing company with lots of opportunity for advancement.

It would not be a bad place to spend a career if QOL is your goal.

PM me if you have other questions.

Hey guys,

Am new to APC and just had a few questions regarding flyExclusive.

I'm married to an American girl and we're making the move up to the States a little later on this year (just waiting on a Green Card) and I'm trying to find out about the different types of flying/companies available. Part 135 seems like it would suit me especially with the 8on/6off schedule, and being home based.

My questions are:

1) What is the quality of your time off? Are your families excited to have you home or are you grumpy from being jet lagged/long days?

2) I currently have 3500TT, around 1800 Multi engine/multi crew, and 800 TPIC. With these hours what are the chances of getting onto something large that does long haul flights?

3) And lastly, is flyExclusive considered a career airline, or do guys tend to use it purely as a stepping stone onto bigger things (Major Airlines)?

Thanks for your help

B727DRVR
04-24-2019, 10:19 AM
Ditto to everything Amphibian said above...

I would like to add that we have a growing number of retired airline pilots from AA, SWA, Spirit, etc. currently flying here (with many more applying), and the stepping stone is a two-way street. Many of us have done the non-regional 121 thing, and for various reasons, do not want to go back to 121.

Whatever your final career destination goals are, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend flyExclusive to a fellow pilot. Decent pay, good, predictable 8/6 or 15/13 schedule, live where you want, no jeopardy company paid, full-fare airline ticket commuting to work, fly to and stay in nice places, and keep all the hotel, airline, and rental car points.

If the Majors are your goal, then a wholly-owned regional with flow to AA is your best bet for a stepping stone to the majors. :cool:

Brosnd
04-27-2019, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it!!

jrav8r
04-27-2019, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know if FlyExclusive does R-ATPs?

B727DRVR
04-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Does anyone know if FlyExclusive does R-ATPs?

Sorry, not at this time.

Deluth16
05-06-2019, 12:48 PM
I understand thereís a small pool of applicants waiting to interview and the company is hiring captains first and foremost.
Are there going to be fewer first officers hired as itís possible to fly two captains together as a crew?

100LL
05-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Chatted with a current pilot seems like an o.k. company however few things turned me off about them. For one once upgraded your pay rate goes back to year one instead of the standard number of years of service. New uniforms are on the horizon and they plan to make them airline pilot style all the way. On go home day either pilot could potentially continue working due to a disruption in the pilot’s travel who is replacing you. As far as I’m concerned if I put in my time I’m done. Vacation days are a joke, with no separate sick days. If you get sick you must use vacation as they won’t accept unpaid time off. Finally too bad the schedule isn’t 7/7. If they spearheaded an industry leading schedule of a 6/8 instead of 8/6 I just might wear the airline uniform and they will never be short pilots.

TiredSoul
05-09-2019, 03:39 PM
Iím sure you could find something wrong with Delta or AA....:rolleyes:

yallwatchthis
05-12-2019, 04:22 AM
Chatted with a current pilot seems like an o.k. company however few things turned me off about them. For one once upgraded your pay rate goes back to year one instead of the standard number of years of service. New uniforms are on the horizon and they plan to make them airline pilot style all the way. On go home day either pilot could potentially continue working due to a disruption in the pilot’s travel who is replacing you. As far as I’m concerned if I put in my time I’m done. Vacation days are a joke, with no separate sick days. If you get sick you must use vacation as they won’t accept unpaid time off. Finally too bad the schedule isn’t 7/7. If they spearheaded an industry leading schedule of a 6/8 instead of 8/6 I just might wear the airline uniform and they will never be short pilots..
Glad you don't want to come here! 99% of the time you're home on your last day and If you're not you get paid for the extra day and if this happens they ask, not tell.
Sounds like you'll be a cancer where ever you decide to work.
Some people are only happy when they're complaining.

B727DRVR
05-12-2019, 12:02 PM
Chatted with a current pilot seems like an o.k. company however few things turned me off about them. For one once upgraded your pay rate goes back to year one instead of the standard number of years of service. New uniforms are on the horizon and they plan to make them airline pilot style all the way. On go home day either pilot could potentially continue working due to a disruption in the pilot’s travel who is replacing you. As far as I’m concerned if I put in my time I’m done. Vacation days are a joke, with no separate sick days. If you get sick you must use vacation as they won’t accept unpaid time off. Finally too bad the schedule isn’t 7/7. If they spearheaded an industry leading schedule of a 6/8 instead of 8/6 I just might wear the airline uniform and they will never be short pilots.

Hey 100LL,

While I agree with you on several points, your post reminds me of that age old aviation joke where the Chief Pilot calls a big company meeting in a hangar and gives a speech to all the pilots. He tells them that they are starting a new program where the pilots just stay home and get paid for sitting $150,000/year, weekly. He tells them that all they have to is to show up every Friday to collect their paycheck... Punchline: Sure enough, one pilot in the pilot in the back of the room stands up and says" "Why can't you just mail the damn check to us?":D Definitely a tough crowd....

Sure! We would love a 7 on/7 off schedule, but think about it....: Other than Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway-owned Netjets, NOBODY that I know in this segment of aviation has that, much less a 6/8 schedule. Nobody starts out with a 7/7 schedule; it's something that you have to work towards. Heck, look at GAMA/Wheels Up (with all their deep pockets, Kenny Dichter financial backing) and Executive AirShare... Only a few years ago, GAMA had an awful 6 on/3 off schedule, and Airshare had an even worse 12 on/3 off schedule, and their FO's are still on a 10 on/5 off schedule.. So things here aren't that bad and could definitely be a LOT worse..:eek:

Remember that we only celebrated our 4th anniversary a few weeks back, and that we only started in 2015 with 3 CJ2's..... Now, we are up to 39 Citations in 4 short years. We've come a long way, baby in quite a short time. So while, sure, there are things that can be improved upon, we have made some great strides forward and are a great company to fly for.

Before Contract '05, Netjets (then, Executive Jet) wasn't the greatest place to work either, where pilots started out at $35,000 and you could only have 5 domiciles, where you had to be standing by 12 prior to duty on. And prior to September 11, Southwest was considered a 5th or 6th choice after AA, DL, UA, USAir, NWA, and Continental. And look at them now....

Give us a little time, and I'll bet you will be surprised how good we get... Good companies grow into being even better companies, with pay, schedule, and QOL.; Just ask the pilots at Southwest, Netjets and GAMA.:cool:

PS- I have never been forced to fly extra or train on a day off, but have volunteered often since the Company has been so good to me. The Company has bent over backwards to be flexible with my medical travel, 100th Birthday Celebrations, getting me and a fellow crew member home ahead of Hurricanes and ensuring that we had time off, my cross-country move, and flying me across the country to be with my Wife when I slipped on ice on duty. And that all happened in the last year... flyExclusive is an excellent Company to work for, and it continues to improve.

Venkman
05-13-2019, 08:49 AM
Do they consider PIC applicants without the type rating?

Amphibian
05-13-2019, 09:12 AM
Unfortunately not. We need an Argus rated crew, so between
100 and 250 PIC in type is required for upgrade depending on the PIC time of the other crew members. Upgrade times are currently 6-18 months.

Do they consider PIC applicants without the type rating?

Front Office
05-15-2019, 05:57 PM
What is your "Call sign" and IATA code to look up on Flight aware?

Thanks

Amphibian
05-15-2019, 06:22 PM
We don't have a company call sign. Just a bunch of "Citation ### Juliet Sierra's".
Cjs & Encores-N7##JS
Excels-N8##JS
Soverigns-N94#JS
Citation Xs-Still wearing previous tail# & paint scheme (2 on certificate, more coming)

Thanks

UTR69
05-16-2019, 04:34 AM

Thanks

If you want to get a flavor for the ops tempo, you can follow these XL tails on flightaware:

832JS
837JS
836JS
839JS
843JS
886CP
806JS
824JS
847JS
827JS

Watch and you can see how the "day to day" life is.

From my perspective, FE is a small company trying to grow into big shoes, however your dispatch will come via email showing your repo or live legs and your trip sheets will also come via email so they are clearly still barebones.

You will do your own FRATS, flight planning, weight and balance, running to the store to buy a lime for the pax, etc, etc....and you will do all of that on your off time.

Your stock will consider of getting to a stock locker (literally a locker with a lock on it at a few airports) and grabbing whatever you need or running to Target to buy the purple bag of Lays potato chips "multipack".

I dont think I ever experienced any "FBO rot" and they were very good about releasing us to the hotel (oh you have to book that yourself) when we were done for the day. Never, if ever, "hot spare", etc.

Management is supporting and I hardly ever got any pushback from CP or DO. HOWEVER, you can expect to feel a slight pressure to always get it done because it might be a "top customer".

If you need to get some 135 experience or knock some rust off, it is a decent place to go for maybe a year to get experience under your belt.

Good luck

Front Office
05-16-2019, 08:01 AM
I sent you a PM

Amphibian
05-16-2019, 01:25 PM
responded, check your PMs.
I sent you a PM

05-17-2019, 07:14 AM
Hey 100LL,

While I agree with you on several points, your post reminds me of that age old aviation joke where the Chief Pilot calls a big company meeting in a hangar and gives a speech to all the pilots. He tells them that they are starting a new program where the pilots just stay home and get paid for sitting $150,000/year, weekly. He tells them that all they have to is to show up every Friday to collect their paycheck... Punchline: Sure enough, one pilot in the pilot in the back of the room stands up and says" "Why can't you just mail the damn check to us?":D Definitely a tough crowd....

Sure! We would love a 7 on/7 off schedule, but think about it....: Other than Warren Buffet's Berkshire Hathaway-owned Netjets, NOBODY that I know in this segment of aviation has that, much less a 6/8 schedule. Nobody starts out with a 7/7 schedule; it's something that you have to work towards. Heck, look at GAMA/Wheels Up (with all their deep pockets, Kenny Dichter financial backing) and Executive AirShare... Only a few years ago, GAMA had an awful 6 on/3 off schedule, and Airshare had an even worse 12 on/3 off schedule, and their FO's are still on a 10 on/5 off schedule.. So things here aren't that bad and could definitely be a LOT worse..:eek:

Remember that we only celebrated our 4th anniversary a few weeks back, and that we only started in 2015 with 3 CJ2's..... Now, we are up to 39 Citations in 4 short years. We've come a long way, baby in quite a short time. So while, sure, there are things that can be improved upon, we have made some great strides forward and are a great company to fly for.

Before Contract '05, Netjets (then, Executive Jet) wasn't the greatest place to work either, where pilots started out at $35,000 and you could only have 5 domiciles, where you had to be standing by 12 prior to duty on. And prior to September 11, Southwest was considered a 5th or 6th choice after AA, DL, UA, USAir, NWA, and Continental. And look at them now....

Give us a little time, and I'll bet you will be surprised how good we get... Good companies grow into being even better companies, with pay, schedule, and QOL.; Just ask the pilots at Southwest, Netjets and GAMA.:cool:

PS- I have never been forced to fly extra or train on a day off, but have volunteered often since the Company has been so good to me. The Company has bent over backwards to be flexible with my medical travel, 100th Birthday Celebrations, getting me and a fellow crew member home ahead of Hurricanes and ensuring that we had time off, my cross-country move, and flying me across the country to be with my Wife when I slipped on ice on duty. And that all happened in the last year... flyExclusive is an excellent Company to work for, and it continues to improve.

Hey B727DRVR
While Iím not for or against Fly exclusive. There compensation is low. Even as compared to GAMA. Insurance while free for pilot (have a wife or kid) there goes your entire paycheck. A pilot will ***** about everything but in todayís pilot shortage market if you can even offer the same package another carrier does I donít know if Iíd sit on a high horse insulting pilots for wanting better. Give free healthcare to pilots and families then you can call us cry babies. But to be lowest pay or close to it and McDonaldís worker type premium for family insurance Iíd be careful insulting pilots for wanting better. I embarrassed for fly exclusive when it comes to that. Most regional airlines have better insurance premiums and coverage and thereís all blow. Like I said I have no beef with fly exclusive but until your company can offer at least 1 industry leading perk please donít insult pilots. You may one day be bigger than NJA and GAMA XOjet Flex Jet but even the mighty are finding ways to stay ahead of the next competitor as far as compensation. So to not even be on par or barely on par with current market levels Is gonna put you at a disadvantage.

But like I said I hope Fly Exclusive does well. But the comment about a pilot wanting a checked mailed after doing nothing. I can remember the days if you didnít have 5,000+ hours a company like yours wouldnt even waste the ink sending an ďemailĒ politely rejecting them. So times have changed and if I was that pilot that asked for the check to be mailed.Iíd say remember how pilots got treated in 2010. Pay backs a ďBĒ to any management unless they were offering Top QOL PAY and Insurance. And keep in mind your pilots are leaving for other 135 carriers too. The deck of cards ( Pilots) gets continuously shuffled.

B727DRVR
05-17-2019, 01:11 PM
If you want to get a flavor for the ops tempo, you can follow these XL tails on flightaware:

832JS
837JS
836JS
839JS
843JS
886CP
806JS
824JS
847JS
827JS

Watch and you can see how the "day to day" life is.

From my perspective, FE is a small company trying to grow into big shoes, however your dispatch will come via email showing your repo or live legs and your trip sheets will also come via email so they are clearly still barebones.

You will do your own FRATS, flight planning, weight and balance, running to the store to buy a lime for the pax, etc, etc....and you will do all of that on your off time.

Your stock will consider of getting to a stock locker (literally a locker with a lock on it at a few airports) and grabbing whatever you need or running to Target to buy the purple bag of Lays potato chips "multipack".

I dont think I ever experienced any "FBO rot" and they were very good about releasing us to the hotel (oh you haveto book that yourself) when we were done for the day. Never, if ever, "hot spare", etc.

Management is supporting and I hardly ever got any pushback from CP or DO. HOWEVER, you can expect to feel a slight pressure to always get it done because it might be a "top customer".

If you need to get some 135 experience or knock some rust off, it is a decent place to go for maybe a year to get experience under your belt.

Good luck

Hey UTR,

Thatís a pretty accurate description of our operational tempo and hotel life. The only amendment that I would like to make is that we GET to pick our hotels, rather than being forced to... A Netjets pilot walked up to us and said... ďYou guys HAVE to pick your hotels, huhĒ, and then one one thousand, two one thousand.. wait of it.. ďYou guys GET to pick your own hotels.... Thatís pretty awesomeĒ.

This is the first place that I have had that option and love it. Believe me that I would never go back to having my hotels selected by scheduling that got the contract by cutting out free breakfast; Been there done it..:cool: Great idea about the FlightAware tracking

UTR69
05-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Hey UTR,

Thatís a pretty accurate description of our operational tempo and hotel life. The only amendment that I would like to make is that we GET to pick our hotels, rather than being forced to... A Netjets pilot walked up to us and said... ďYou guys HAVE to pick your hotels, huhĒ, and then one one thousand, two one thousand.. wait of it.. ďYou guys GET to pick your own hotels.... Thatís pretty awesomeĒ.

This is the first place that I have had that option and love it. Believe me that I would never go back to having my hotels selected by scheduling that got the contract by cutting out free breakfast; Been there done it..:cool: Great idea about the FlightAware tracking

Truth in advertising:

Yes, you get/have to pick your own hotels. Sounds great at first until you land someplace busy and can't find a hotel room under your FE cap of $135 per night. You then call dispatch and they suddenly can find you a hotel, but it is 50 miles away and only $400/night (same room I found). OK, book it for me and I'll take that Uber for an hour. Not a problem until the next day when you have to show for a flight......and you take another Uber ride back that wasn't counted for in your show time (travel local in nature)....

It's all how you make it.....some guys are Marriott guys (Bonvoy) and some guys are Hilton (Hilton Honors) guys, so there is always a discussion about "where do you want to go"......

Some guys are misers and want to "help the company out" and stay at a cheap hotel and some guys are willing to blow all of the money "as long as we are close".....

I guess that is all how you perceive it but I would rather have a contract that states they will book the hotel for me as long as it is within acceptable limits.....Those limits change as hotels are reviewed by the pilots...

I would rather have a licensed dispatcher that professionally dispatches my trips and provides me with weight and balance, V-Speeds, Pax names and DOBs along with their weights (goes back to that W&B). Weather, NOTAMS, etc, etc. I honestly think that could allow them to fly the pilots more efficiently which is good for a small company looking to scoop up low hanging fruit.

Don't forget, your dispatch has a board on the wall that tracks sales. When I saw that room, and especially that board, it made me understand what your dispatch is REALLY there for......

Shall we talk about your 401K now? Want to know Mike's response to "when are you going to increase the 401K"?

How your PTO accrual?

How your healthcare and dental care?

Did we talk about your crew meal policy and how dispatch interprets that?

:rolleyes:

05-17-2019, 06:34 PM
Hey UTR,

I find it difficult to believe you have an open ended credit card to stay were ever you want too. Iíd be at the Ritz Carlton every night. Seeing your pilots caring around Holiday Inn Express coffee cup makes me wonder if thereís a little bit more you are not telling. And if the poster above this one is right and your limited to 135.00 a night. Thatís laughable. After 2 years Iíve had maybe 1 legitimate crappy hotel that ops was unaware of. 1 report with a photo we never stay at that S$&Thole again. Iím top level at Hilton and Marriott never pay for breakfast anyway so why would I care if dispatch negotiate it out. Quit insulting other Companies FE May be a good airline but your trashing and making insults at what most pilots consider to be the top 3 to 5 part135 carrier is making your company look unappealing to pilots.
1. Your pay compensation is low average
2. Your insurance for a single pilot is pretty good óhave a family and itís terribly expensive.
3. 8/6 is industry standard
3B. Your over time and get home flight cancellation pay is low average.
4. Pick your room or a logistics person will do it makes no difference to most pilots. Iíve heard very few (NJA,XO,GAMA,FXJ) complain about hotel quality.
5. Live at home basing -standard
6. You may not have airport standby which would be a great thing. But I find it difficult to believe your company not willing to hold crews at the airport to get good paying recovery trips from NJA,XO,WUP. But if they donít they donít thatís about the one good thing I can find.
So quit trying to insult other companies that your pilot work force is leaving FE in droves to go work for other Part 135 carriers. Southwest Delta etc hires from all Part135 carriers to act like FE has some magical key in nonsense.

B727DRVR
05-17-2019, 08:13 PM
Hey B727DRVR
While Iím not for or against Fly exclusive. There compensation is low. Even as compared to GAMA. Insurance while free for pilot (have a wife or kid) there goes your entire paycheck. A pilot will ***** about everything but in todayís pilot shortage market if you can even offer the same package another carrier does I donít know if Iíd sit on a high horse insulting pilots for wanting better. Give free healthcare to pilots and families then you can call us cry babies. But to be lowest pay or close to it and McDonaldís worker type premium for family insurance Iíd be careful insulting pilots for wanting better. I embarrassed for fly exclusive when it comes to that. Most regional airlines have better insurance premiums and coverage and thereís all blow. Like I said I have no beef with fly exclusive but until your company can offer at least 1 industry leading perk please donít insult pilots. You may one day be bigger than NJA and GAMA XOjet Flex Jet but even the mighty are finding ways to stay ahead of the next competitor as far as compensation. So to not even be on par or barely on par with current market levels Is gonna put you at a disadvantage.

But like I said I hope Fly Exclusive does well. But the comment about a pilot wanting a checked mailed after doing nothing. I can remember the days if you didnít have 5,000+ hours a company like yours wouldnt even waste the ink sending an ďemailĒ politely rejecting them. So times have changed and if I was that pilot that asked for the check to be mailed.Iíd say remember how pilots got treated in 2010. Pay backs a ďBĒ to any management unless they were offering Top QOL PAY and Insurance. And keep in mind your pilots are leaving for other 135 carriers too. The deck of cards ( Pilots) gets continuously shuffled.

Duuuuuuuuuuuude..

I donít know where to begin. Please tell me where I insulted anyone....: Anyone that knows me, and my profile here, knows that I am a defender of pilots. I donít even really attack people on here that are disingenuous.... If I do go after them, I try to be funny about it.

I started my last response with a lighthearted joke about the subject matter, which was meant to be funny. The point that I was trying to make when you somehow got insulted was that the Company is only 4 years old: It is UNREASONABLE to assume that the Company can provide some of these perks that our deep pocket competitors provide, overnight. The fact that we come as close as we do to some of our competition, in just 4 short years, is pretty amazing.

Again, sure I wish that we had a 7/7 schedule and better insurance, but Iím also glad that we donít have a 10/5 or a 10/8 schedule. Could the pay be better? Sure... Have they done periodic pay raises? Yes they have, and Iím sure that they will have to do more to keep up. The same with insurance; As we gain more employees, we will have more bargaining power and the insurance will get better.

In conclusion, I didnít insult anyone... I simply donít think it is realistic to expect a 4 year old company that is not Kenny Dichter or Warren Buffet supported, to already have a Netjets schedule or GAMA pay.., thus my joke. And I remember how bad things were at Netjets prior to their Industry Leading Contract that their pilots fought for. I also remember how crappy Southwest was considered in the 90ís and even up to 2000, compared to the ďMajorsĒ.... Iím not saying that we will turn into a SWA or Netjets, but we arenít doing bad for a 4 year old company.

If anyone was offended though, please accept my apologies................:confused:

B727DRVR
05-17-2019, 09:53 PM
I find it difficult to believe you have an open ended credit card to stay were ever you want too. Iíd be at the Ritz Carlton every night. Seeing your pilots caring around Holiday Inn Express coffee cup makes me wonder if thereís a little bit more you are not telling. And if the poster above this one is right and your limited to 135.00 a night. Thatís laughable. After 2 years Iíve had maybe 1 legitimate crappy hotel that ops was unaware of. 1 report with a photo we never stay at that S$&Thole again. Iím top level at Hilton and Marriott never pay for breakfast anyway so why would I care if dispatch negotiate it out. Quit insulting other Companies FE May be a good airline but your trashing and making insults at what most pilots consider to be the top 3 to 5 part135 carrier is making your company look unappealing to pilots.
1. Your pay compensation is low average
2. Your insurance for a single pilot is pretty good óhave a family and itís terribly expensive.
3. 8/6 is industry standard
3B. Your over time and get home flight cancellation pay is low average.
4. Pick your room or a logistics person will do it makes no difference to most pilots. Iíve heard very few (NJA,XO,GAMA,FXJ) complain about hotel quality.
5. Live at home basing -standard
6. You may not have airport standby which would be a great thing. But I find it difficult to believe your company not willing to hold crews at the airport to get good paying recovery trips from NJA,XO,WUP. But if they donít they donít thatís about the one good thing I can find.
So quit trying to insult other companies that your pilot work force is leaving FE in droves to go work for other Part 135 carriers. Southwest Delta etc hires from all Part135 carriers to act like FE has some magical key in nonsense.

Man,

You sure are getting worked up about a company that you donít work for... Again, NOWHERE did I insult any pilot or company here. When I did mention other companies, I only mentioned excellent, enviable companies who started out with bad schedules and or pay then improved with age.

Sounds like you are a GAMA guy, and GAMA is an amazing company with great benefits, good pay, good schedule, etc. I know this because I am a former VNR pilot, and I have about 60 friends who are still there or have passed through after we shut down in 2013. I have a similar number of friends who went to Executive Jet (Now Netjets) when our airline furloughed in 2001-2002, and I know how far they came since 2005.

I NEVER said that we have an open ended credit card when it comes to hotels, I said that we get to pick our own hotels. Like many, I am a Hilton guy and I often look for the best deals there. And yes, I also stay at the Holiday Inn Express unapologetically.... We police ourselves in getting reasonable lodging, close to the airport, BTW.... I have never gotten any pushback for going over $135. Obviously, we stay in MVY, ACK, HTO, Super Bowl venues where rooms have exceeded $700 per night: I promise that we didnít sleep on the FBO couch just because the price exceeded $135:D.

And please list here where I am ďtrashingĒ other companies and ďinsultingĒ pilots from my ďhigh horseĒ, LOL. Seriously, you show where I trashed them and I will apologize. Of course I didnít, so I wonít have to.

05-18-2019, 04:59 AM
Man,

You sure are getting worked up about a company that you donít work for... Again, NOWHERE did I insult any pilot or company here. When I did mention other companies, I only mentioned excellent, enviable companies who started out with bad schedules and or pay then improved with age.

Sounds like you are a GAMA guy, and GAMA is an amazing company with great benefits, good pay, good schedule, etc. I know this because I am a former VNR pilot, and I have about 60 friends who are still there or have passed through after we shut down in 2013. I have a similar number of friends who went to Executive Jet (Now Netjets) when our airline furloughed in 2001-2002, and I know how far they came since 2005.

I NEVER said that we have an open ended credit card when it comes to hotels, I said that we get to pick our own hotels. Like many, I am a Hilton guy and I often look for the best deals there. And yes, I also stay at the Holiday Inn Express unapologetically.... We police ourselves in getting reasonable lodging, close to the airport, BTW.... I have never gotten any pushback for going over $135. Obviously, we stay in MVY, ACK, HTO, Super Bowl venues where rooms have exceeded $700 per night: I promise that we didnít sleep on the FBO couch just because the price exceeded $135:D.

And please list here where I am ďtrashingĒ other companies and ďinsultingĒ pilots from my ďhigh horseĒ, LOL. Seriously, you show where I trashed them and I will apologize. Of course I didnít, so I wonít have to.

You mentioned all pilot ***** about everything in a earlier post. I believe if non of us worked we would still want a check mailed to us. Sound familiar??? Letís cut the BS your insulting pilot for wanting better lives. 8/6 while industry standard is horrible. Meaning FE canít offer it and when people ask you to see why FE isnít offering it you resort to stories indicating pilot are cry babies for wanting a better life. We know your a recruiter for FE that fine. FE probably is a good company.But insulting pilots for wanting the best quality of life as being crybabies because you canít match NetJets. So to justify your shortcomings you insult pilots. So I decided to pick on you and your company. As a desk jockey you may get to see your family most nights other pilots are out busting their asses day in and day out to make a life for them or their families and so when we want to try to get better life for us and them you insult us. ***Also some of your pilots run there mouth to much on the road and talk ď Stuff about other companiesĒ. So While today my anger may be directed at you because we know youíre there recruiter. Talk to your pilots about talking negative about other companies on the road.***

05-18-2019, 07:46 AM
Man,

I will be clear so you donít take this personally. Fly Exclusive from what I understand is a good company. But FE along with GAMA etc... is fighting for the same small pool of FO candidates. Most are going to the regionals because there compensation package drastically increased over the years due to the same fact we are arguing the little ď joke of cry baby pilotsĒ. Well in 2015-2017 the industry finally realized that same joke they started had bitten them in the you know what.... Now thereís a 100% percent path to the Mainline carriers. Bonuses totaling more that most 135 carriers 1st year compensation pay. ALL Part 135 operations better stop and consider there position really quick. Experience is difficult to come by anymore for 135 carriers and other carriers will pay for the experience. The well is drying up.
So some of your own rank and file have taken to the streets to start talking lies about companies in order to win over that small pool of pilots. And if your company wants to poach Pilots to join FE compensate for there experience. Thatís fair. Donot talk lies and rumors to scare them..

B727DRVR
05-18-2019, 08:35 AM
I will be clear so you donít take this personally. Fly Exclusive from what I understand is a good company. But FE along with GAMA etc... is fighting for the same small pool of FO candidates. Most are going to the regionals because there compensation package drastically increased over the years due to the same fact we are arguing the little ď joke of cry baby pilotsĒ. Well in 2015-2017 the industry finally realized that same joke they started had bitten them in the you know what.... Now thereís a 100% percent path to the Mainline carriers. Bonuses totaling more that most 135 carriers 1st year compensation pay. ALL Part 135 operations better stop and consider there position really quick. Experience is difficult to come by anymore for 135 carriers and other carriers will pay for the experience. The well is drying up.
So some of your own rank and file have taken to the streets to start talking lies about companies in order to win over that small pool of pilots. And if your company wants to poach Pilots to join FE compensate for there experience. Thatís fair. Donot talk lies and rumors to scare them..

Aww man, you ruined it for me!!!:p

Just when I was just about to invoke lyrics from Stan (Why are you so mad, and understand that I do want you as a fan...) you had to bring up good points..... Shame on you.

Seriously, and believe me for reals, NOBODY wants a 7 on / 7 off schedule here more than I do, having enjoyed it at VNR and 121 Cargo. But I am pretty sure that it will happen at GAMA first, as I feel that they have deeper pockets and have been around longer. You also have more pilots to push for that schedule, as your pilots pushed to oust the 6/3 schedule of old. And if a 6 on / 8 off schedule pops up anywhere, it will be at Netjets, and all us 135 pilots would be all over that.. long upgrade to PIC and all.

Finally, while I am not a desk jockey, I am a line pilot helping out with recruiting, so you are half right. But with as many friends that I have at GAMA from Hector on down, GAMA would be the last place that I would choose to diss. I havenít heard about our pilots dissing you all, but I promise you I am totally against it. Pushing others down to raise yourself up is definitely not the way to attract and retain pilots. If I hear something said about you all, I will definitely speak up.:cool:

05-18-2019, 09:02 AM
Aww man, you ruined it for me!!!:p

Just when I was just about to invoke lyrics from Stan (Why are you so mad, and understand that I do want you as a fan...) you had to bring up good points..... Shame on you.

Seriously, and believe me for reals, NOBODY wants a 7 on / 7 off schedule here more than I do, having enjoyed it at VNR and 121 Cargo. But I am pretty sure that it will happen at GAMA first, as I feel that they have deeper pockets and have been around longer. You also have more pilots to push for that schedule, as your pilots pushed to oust the 6/3 schedule of old. And if a 6 on / 8 off schedule pops up anywhere, it will be at Netjets, and all us 135 pilots would be all over that.. long upgrade to PIC and all.

Finally, while I am not a desk jockey, I am a line pilot helping out with recruiting, so you are half right. But with as many friends that I have at GAMA from Hector on down, GAMA would be the last place that I would choose to diss. I havenít heard about our pilots dissing you all, but I promise you I am totally against it. Pushing others down to raise yourself up is definitely not the way to attract and retain pilots. If I hear something said about you all, I will definitely speak up.:cool:

Thank you thatís all I ask is some of your pilots respect others... I have no beef with FE and if people come your way I hope they do well. Lying and scare tactics have no place in the 135 world. So if anyone was offended by my previous post I apologize and to FE Pilots.
However I have personally been told by one of senior pilot at (FE) ďGAMA gonna be dropped like a prom dressĒ. And ďthey are giving FE all there planes so you better come work for us today or elseĒ. And then states Because your cost are high. But truth be told ď are cost are highĒ. But we boost of the industry leading 99% customer satisfaction rating with customers. Money canít buy that. And are contract was just renewed with WUP. So to say Gama will always be around forever is a lie to. But we arenít going anywhere fast either. Letís work together and not whipsaw each like the regionals did years ago. And I would hope that if Gama is able to secure 7 x 7 that FE would be able to piggyback off of our gains. Not to benefit the company per se but to benefit the pilots who are on the line every day and want to see their family more .

Amphibian
05-18-2019, 09:25 AM
In my third year here as a line pilot in dissipating CJ fleet.

1) I just received a 12th pay increase since starting in April 2017.

2) I can count on one hand the number of nights I have stayed at a Holiday Inn express here. I am both a Hilton Diamond member and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member. I stay mostly in Marriott propers, a Courtyard as second choice.

3) The cost of family health coverage and low 401k matching are the two biggest negatives. But, if your single or your spouse has a career also, itís not that big of a deal to some of us. Atleast the employee has zero cost full medical coverage.

4) The leadership of this company has done everything they said they were going to do. They have been good to myself and many others; given us opportunities I donít believe would have been offered elsewhere.

5) Quality of Life and job security are important to me. I believe most have those two things at fly Exclusive.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Mountain Man
05-18-2019, 09:29 AM
[QUOTE=1212135;2822343]I will be clear so you donít take this personally. Fly Exclusive from what I understand is a good company. But FE along with GAMA etc... is fighting for the same small pool of FO candidates. Most are going to the regionals because there compensation package drastically increased over the years due to the same fact we are arguing the little ď joke of cry baby pilotsĒ. Well in 2015-2017 the industry finally realized that same joke they started had bitten them in the you know what.... Now thereís a 100% percent path to the Mainline carriers. Bonuses totaling more that most 135 carriers 1st year compensation pay. ALL Part 135 operations better stop and consider theirposition really quick. Experience is difficult to come by anymore for 135 carriers and other carriers will pay for the experience. The well is drying up.
So some of your own rank and file have taken to the streets to start talking lies about companies in order to win over that small pool of pilots. And if your company wants to poach Pilots to join FE compensate for there experience. Thatís fair. Donot talk lies and rumors to scare

Their, fixed it for you

Flyer0192
05-18-2019, 11:25 AM
[QUOTE=Amphibian;2822414]In my third year here as a line pilot in dissipating CJ fleet.

2) I can count on one hand the number of nights I have stayed at a Holiday Inn express here. I am both a Hilton Diamond member and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member. I stay mostly in Marriott propers, a Courtyard as second choice.

3) The cost of family health coverage and low 401k matching are the two biggest negatives. But, if your single or your spouse has a career also, itís not that big of a deal to some of us. Atleast the employee has zero cost full medical coverage.

4) The leadership of this company has done everything they said they were going to do. They have been good to myself and many others; given us opportunities I donít believe would have been offered elsewhere.

5) Quality of Life and job security are important to me. I believe most have those two things at fly Exclusive.

Health insurance is not an issue with me and I like Holiday Inn Express. Are they still hiring FOís? Also, how many different captains do you fly with in a month?

Amphibian
05-18-2019, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=Amphibian;2822414]In my third year here as a line pilot in dissipating CJ fleet.

Health insurance is not an issue with me and I like Holiday Inn Express. Are they still hiring FOís? Also, how many different captains do you fly with in a month?

PM sent.

B727DRVR
05-19-2019, 10:13 PM
Thank you thatís all I ask is some of your pilots respect others... I have no beef with FE and if people come your way I hope they do well. Lying and scare tactics have no place in the 135 world. So if anyone was offended by my previous post I apologize and to FE Pilots.
However I have personally been told by one of senior pilot at (FE) ďGAMA gonna be dropped like a prom dressĒ. And ďthey are giving FE all there planes so you better come work for us today or elseĒ. And then states Because your cost are high. But truth be told ď are cost are highĒ. But we boost of the industry leading 99% customer satisfaction rating with customers. Money canít buy that. And are contract was just renewed with WUP. So to say Gama will always be around forever is a lie to. But we arenít going anywhere fast either. Letís work together and not whipsaw each like the regionals did years ago. And I would hope that if Gama is able to secure 7 x 7 that FE would be able to piggyback off of our gains. Not to benefit the company per se but to benefit the pilots who are on the line every day and want to see their family more .

Sorry that one ours said something so obtuse, and just plain stupid to you. I will quote myself from a thread back in March, that was alluding to the fact that we all were merging or something (Highly Unlikely), where I said that you GAMA pilots were a class act and that you all did a great job for Wheels Up.

To begin with, you and Wheels Up are attached at the hip. It would be darn near impossible to do a seamless transition away from GAMA to crew all of their airplanes and their clients.. And get an equal amount of pilots trained overnight in the 350, XL, & X. Yeah righhht. Never gonna happen.

And remember that most of here have at least one good friend over there (and vice versa), and many have many friends over there. Not to mention, that there are GAMA Alumni over here and flyExclusive Alumni over there.

We all need to stick together and realize that when one pilot wins, we all win and when GAMA is winning that flyExclusive probably is too. After all, Wheels Up is definitely one of our important customers, and I am sure that they want us to play nice.

Unfortunately, as awesome as we are:D, even flyExclusive has "that guy....":(, and it looks like you ran into him/her. The rest or us are great, though.. LOL.

Best of luck and Blue Skies.:cool:

hdgbug
05-25-2019, 04:47 AM
Is Fly Exclusive getting Wheels Up branded aircraft and/or are the aircraft being provided by Wheels Up? I've heard rumors that Wheels Up is sending airplanes to you guys instead of Gama. Curious if there is any truth to it.

Amphibian
05-25-2019, 07:04 AM
No merit to the rumor. No Uniform Pop tails on our cert or coming. Flyexclusive stands alone and owns all company assets.
We do however provide substantial supplemental lift for the Wheels Up program.

Is Fly Exclusive getting Wheels Up branded aircraft and/or are the aircraft being provided by Wheels Up? I've heard rumors that Wheels Up is sending airplanes to you guys instead of Gama. Curious if there is any truth to it.

B727DRVR
05-25-2019, 11:24 AM
No merit to the rumor. No Uniform Pop tails on our cert or coming. Flyexclusive stands alone and owns all company assets.
We do however provide substantial supplemental lift for the Wheels Up program.
Hey HDBUG,

Ditto to what Amphibian said... Itíís crazy, because rumors that are positive, such as us growing and getting more aircraft, are usually started from within... But several of us are getting calls from our GAMA buds about it, so it doesnít appear to be coming from us.

I definitely feel that we are adding planes because of our agreement with Wheels Up, but not ones that GAMA pilots would be crewing. Our fastest growing fleet is the Encore+, and part of that flying will certainly be Wheels Up, but I donít think that it is exclusive to WUP and they definitely arenít coming from WUP.

Itís an interesting rumor, though...:cool:. Fly safe!

CardboardCutout
05-26-2019, 06:33 AM
Lying and scare tactics have no place in the 135 world.

Lolwhut? 135...????

hdgbug
05-26-2019, 07:29 AM
Hey HDBUG,

Ditto to what Amphibian said... Itíís crazy, because rumors that are positive, such as us growing and getting more aircraft, are usually started from within... But several of us are getting calls from our GAMA buds about it, so it doesnít appear to be coming from us.

I definitely feel that we are adding planes because of our agreement with Wheels Up, but not ones that GAMA pilots would be crewing. Our fastest growing fleet is the Encore+, and part of that flying will certainly be Wheels Up, but I donít think that it is exclusive to WUP and they definitely arenít coming from WUP.

Itís an interesting rumor, though...:cool:. Fly safe!

I figured this was the case, but I hate rumors and would rather have a real answer. I definitely agree that the rumors are probably coming from our house. I think there is some nervousness with aircraft deliveries being slowed down over here.

Amphibian
05-26-2019, 08:21 AM
hdgbug-
See paragraph below from Feb. '19 Forbes article.

"Wheels Up launched a new fixed rate program for light jets accessible to its Individual and Corporate members. The program uses aircraft from third-party operators and complements its turboprop offering via its King Airs and its fleet of Citation Excel/XLS midsize aircraft. For now, the program covers flights departing from airports east of the Mississippi at a fixed hourly rate of $5,795 (not including FET). Deicing is not included in the pricing, there is a 72-hour window for reservations as available. Flight minimums are the same 60 minutes as its existing jet card programs."

flyExclusive is a third-party operator and our fleet of Encore+'s complement the Uniform Pop King Air's. In addition to the light jet program, our Excel & new Ten fleets have supplemental lift and recovery capabilities for the Wheels Up fleet.

No need for nervousness, we appreciate all the flying you all are sending our way!

In fact, there is some nervousness among our pilot group that we will soon be required shed our polo shirts for button downs with epaulettes and there is even talk of a tie...to make an important customer happy!:eek:

I figured this was the case, but I hate rumors and would rather have a real answer. I definitely agree that the rumors are probably coming from our house. I think there is some nervousness with aircraft deliveries being slowed down over here.

B727DRVR
05-26-2019, 06:25 PM
hdgbug-

In fact, there is some nervousness among our pilot group that we will soon be required shed our polo shirts for button downs with epaulettes and there is even talk of a tie...to make an important customer happy!:eek:

Fear not, Amphibian... There is a company that will transform ANY tie into a clip on!!!!!:D

B727DRVR
05-27-2019, 06:06 PM
For you, Amphibian....

Clip On Tie Specialists...:D https://meechs.co.uk/collections/tie-conversion-service/products/tie-conversion

UTR69
05-27-2019, 06:37 PM
hdgbug-

"Wheels Up launched a new fixed rate program for light jets accessible to its Individual and Corporate members. The program uses aircraft from third-party operators and complements its turboprop offering via its King Airs and its fleet of Citation Excel/XLS midsize aircraft. For now, the program covers flights departing from airports east of the Mississippi at a fixed hourly rate of $5,795 (not including FET). Deicing is not included in the pricing, there is a 72-hour window for reservations as available. Flight minimums are the same 60 minutes as its existing jet card programs."

flyExclusive is a third-party operator and our fleet of Encore+'s complement the Uniform Pop King Air's. In addition to the light jet program, our Excel & new Ten fleets have supplemental lift and recovery capabilities for the Wheels Up fleet.

No need for nervousness, we appreciate all the flying you all are sending our way!

After observing some of your pilots at TEB and other places last week, perhaps a uniform that fits and is clean would be a first positive step..... lol

B727DRVR
05-28-2019, 06:15 AM
Bro,

You're one of us, so if you see something, you should say something..

Me personally, I enforce those of us with more stray nose hairs, than hair on top:D... "Dude, don't you have a Wife or girlfriend to let you know when your tentacles are going wild":D

LOL.:cool:

Front Office
06-02-2019, 06:23 PM
Duecedriver

Nice 1st post.

I do agree pilots are there own worst enemy due to there own greed and selfishness.

Why this thread?

I am sure you can get more feedback from a more followed thread.

Blackbeek
06-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Will FlyExclusive be hiring any FO's this summer?

captfred
06-04-2019, 09:15 AM
The Wheels Up purchase of TMC should quiet down the rumors of a deal with Gama/Wheels Up.

Amphibian
06-04-2019, 10:13 AM
A lot of head scratching going on for sure!

The Wheels Up purchase of TMC should quiet down the rumors of a deal with Gama/Wheels Up.

B727DRVR
06-04-2019, 12:10 PM
Will FlyExclusive be hiring any FO's this summer?
Hey Beek,

There are definitely INDOC classes for late June and late July, but Iím not sure how full they are. Beyond the late July INDOC class, Iím not sure, but I know that it is due in part to simulator slot availability.

I do know that they usually stop calling people at least two weeks before, so that the new hire can give a proper two weeks notice to their current employer. So unless the pilot is immediately available, they would have an offer at least two weeks before INDOC starts.. None of that calling late Friday afternoon..ĒCan you be here for class Monday?Ē:cool:

Amphibian
06-13-2019, 06:49 AM
Latest:
-Class of ten new hires starts Indoc June 23.

-Offers going out for July 28 class.

-Third Ten getting paint & Wi-Fi install.

-Fourth Sovereign is in pre-buy.

-Six Encore Plus’ are online, with one Cessna factory refurb coming every six weeks to bring fleet total to 11.

-Addl’ Excel coming online next month, currently 24 total in Excel fleet with final tail in ADSB install for fleet compliance completion.

-CJ2s retired from fleet with exception of one, which is mainly being used as an errand runner and for crew movement. CJ pilots transitioned to Soverign, Excel, & Encore fleets.

Current Mins for new hire consideration:
-1,800 Total Time
-100 Multi.
-ATP-CTP & Written Complete

*Our current growth fleet is mainly the Encore Plus, which services supplemental lift for Wheels Up program. Because this flying is primarily east of the Mississippi, geographic preference is being given to pilots located on the East Coast and Central US.

PM me with any questions.

UTR69
06-26-2019, 03:19 PM
Latest:
-Class of ten new hires starts Indoc June 23.
---how many showed up? 5?

-Offers going out for July 28 class.
---Skip it....go somewhere else

-Third Ten getting paint & Wi-Fi install.
---1st and 2nd are down for MNX in a hangar somewhere..

-Fourth Sovereign is in pre-buy.
---Translation: still in mexico with a jacked up weight and balance. Oh wait, that was an EXCEL . (806 i think it was...)

-Six Encore Plusí are online, with one Cessna factory refurb coming every six weeks to bring fleet total to 11.
---Summer with no APU....ENJOY!

-Addlí Excel coming online next month, currently 24 total in Excel fleet with final tail in ADSB install for fleet compliance completion.
---See W&B statement from above.

-CJ2s retired from fleet with exception of one, which is mainly being used as an errand runner and for crew movement. CJ pilots transitioned to Soverign, Excel, & Encore fleets.
---Crew movement? yeah right.

Current Mins for new hire consideration:
-1,800 Total Time
-100 Multi.
-ATP-CTP & Written Complete

*Our current growth fleet is mainly the Encore Plus, which services supplemental lift for Wheels Up program. Because this flying is primarily east of the Mississippi, geographic preference is being given to pilots located on the East Coast and Central US.
---Dont forget Apollo....(your best client)

PM me with any questions.
---Just say no.

B727DRVR
06-26-2019, 05:30 PM
Hi UTR,

Thank you for your continued and constructive criticism.:D I appreciate your passion to constructively critique our Company and make it a better place to work.

See you on the line.:cool:

UTR69
06-26-2019, 06:25 PM
Hi UTR,

Thank you for your continued and constructive criticism.:D I appreciate your passion to constructively critique our Company and make it a better place to work.

See you on the line.:cool:

No problem....I'm here to make you better....

EncorePlus
06-27-2019, 09:17 AM
Iíve been here 5 months....DO, Chief Pilot, President and dispatch have all been Great! Planes get fixed, paycheck is there every two weeks....plenty of flying...I think the place is great!

Blackbeek
07-22-2019, 01:01 PM
Will FlyExclusive pick up hiring late summer/fall? A friend of mine told me FE is fat on FO's.

UTR69
07-22-2019, 03:15 PM
Will FlyExclusive pick up hiring late summer/fall? A friend of mine told me FE is fat on FO's.

No, they are probably just short on airplanes that work...... :)

Why would you focus on going to FE when many other companies are hiring with better benefits. Seriously, I wouldnít put all of my eggs into the FE basket.

Good luck to you!

Amphibian
07-23-2019, 05:53 AM
Absolutely our planes have mechanicals. So does everyone else's. That is why maint. issues are deferred per MEL or planes are grounded for repair.

I agree that I would not put all my eggs in the flyExclusive basket. At any job in any industry, it is unwise to put all your eggs in one basket. Tens of thousands of pilots have been furloughed over the course of their careers.

However, the majority of the pilot group at flyExclusive enjoy it and are content. Reasons include: liberal home base/work travel flexibility, small company environment and no FBO rot.

It seems like your time would be better spent surfing the Orange Site than on here bitting the hand that feeds you.

No, they are probably just short on airplanes that work...... :)

Why would you focus on going to FE when many other companies are hiring with better benefits. Seriously, I wouldnít put all of my eggs into the FE basket.

Good luck to you!

captfred
07-23-2019, 09:24 AM
Does Flight Exclusive have a Part 145 repair certificate now? It will show in your OpSpecs if so.

I am pretty sure that Pegasus Air Elite had one. That was the JS Hawker 1000 charter operation there in Kinston.

cannotdupilcate
07-23-2019, 01:44 PM
REPOST:
Of course be free to make your own decisions but be patient and bear in mind that all 135 operators are basically the same. NETJETS, GAMA XO and DPJ (now) are at the top really in that order as they have the money to operate on a relatively safe platform. Although NETJETS operate as 91K but train and test to part 121. These four are not included in my comments.
The others, some are in the ballpark better than others, some are like a used car lot despite the rantings of the usual sycophants and other 'team players' where adherence to SOP's is inversely proportional to revenue.
Watch out for companies trying to grow too fast with that as some weird selling point yet have someones kid write their facebook page saying how great they are. Growth requires infrastructure FIRST with proper investment and experience. Quality not Quantity.

What is your long term goal?? Choose wisely Dudes and Dudesses! meaning "y'all should go to the airlines"

Questions to ask if you are still hell bent on career suicide::D

Most important; Are you getting proper progressive training? (FSI) then after the sim real IOE time with standardized training syllabus, monitored and documented progress by a real training Captain with instructional background and Jet training experience from a real training department. Not just dropped in with some old fart who doesn't follow checklists or SOP's, doesn't brief and thinks flying with defects (mechanical ones, not other pilots) helps the company or some young resume padding Jock/Jockess fresh off an elastic band powered helicopter.
Do you fly from Day 1 like the airlines do? not some ludicrous don't touch the controls for 25 hrs then no flying with Passengers, etc. You either have the rating or you don't. Watch the video's on the Lear crash at TEB, read the CVR transcript. This way of operating is way more common than you would like to know about. Are you going to speak up as a new FO? unlikely, as you would soon get the career enhancing 'being difficult' label.

If you are a Captain do you really have the experience to fly in the North East at night mid winter with a newbie FO? Do you get full recurrent training every six months or do they cheap out with a 6 month COT (if they do that, is it tailored to issues that crews have been having recently like busting SIDS and STARS).

For a real career in flying GO TO THE REGIONALS, suck up the lower pay and conditions for real 121 time for the training and experience. Do your apprenticeship!
Remember, a 121 carrier will ask you why you went Catfish airways during a strong airline hiring environment. What are you going to say? Well, my buddy was there, it was easier... the money was good....I got to fly Left seat in a puddle jumper ....If so, then don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out of the interview if you even get one.
The bottom feeder 135's can ruin your career and when you do go to 121 your primacy of bad habits, minimal checklist usage and misunderstandings will cause you a lot of issues. You are just cheap labor for these places, a right seat busboy/girl, you deserve better training after spending all your money originally.
A light Cessna Jet / King Air that is single crew capable with a single crew rated Captain may have you being an observer unless the ops specs allow you to log SIC multi-crew time on Part 91 positioning flights.
Do they have structured Safety meetings regularly as ARGUS/WYVERN SMS mandates and are the de-identified minutes disseminated to the staff like Netjets do for education?
Do they have a Trained Safety Manger with a confidential non-punitive reporting system? Or is the Safety person just a figurehead for the next audit? Are they part of the Aviation Safety Action Program?
Do they even have an SMS? albeit cut and paste and has anyone read it?

Check the background of the post holders;
Does the Training manager have a background in structured Jet operations? Are the top management really experienced in Aviation and Airline trained or just used car salesmen? Have the dispatchers all passed the relevant exams so that their certificate is on the line also?
As Capt Fred rightly asked, do they have a 145 certificate? Who does the light maintenance? Who does the heavy maintenance? Do they audit the third party maintenance organisations? or is it Joe in his Toyota Tacoma with his Home Depot wrenches and a digital signature over the phone?

Is the owner/company financially sound? What other companies were they involved with? What happened there? This stuff is public domain, google the people first, then ask the questions knowing the truth.
Are they any lawsuits pending and/or settlements with the State department of labor? Are there any FAA violations?
What insurances do they have in place when on duty? Driving a rental car? In an UBER? Work related injuries?
Do they constantly feel the need to tell everyone how good and safe they are and how much they 'look after' the wonderful team? And how they never have incidents or violations? Do they just hide them or delete the reports.
Remember ARGUS Platinum means NO REPORTED INCIDENTS, a structured safety reporting system and solid SMS. Be suspicious. Look for ISBAO stage 3, Stage 2 is OK and stage 1 means nothing at all.
An ARGUS/WYVERN GOLD company is a better bet as you know they have been relatively honest and they know they need to improve.
Do the same people post non-stop on social media about 'Nirvana aviation' and how great it all is and 'like' everything the company posts? (recruitment bonuses) Y'all need to run from these ones.
These are the due diligence questions you should be asking, if you don't like the answers or you are given the runaround then go elsewhere. If someone disagrees with these suggestions, look at who they work for and go elsewhere.
Also, don't always believe the social media postings saying good or bad, have a list of questions and ask every company the same ones in the same order to get a feel for the answers. Be wary of confirmation bias and hearing what you want to hear. Keep a spreadsheet and score the Q&A. A really smart interviewer will see your potential, if you are this diligent with yourself then you will be with their clients and equipment.

Yes it is a lot to think about but in the information age be smart is all I am saying, it is your future! I am not attacking or condoning anyone in particular but, the sea is full of sharks so build your cage well and the best of luck. There is a lot of enjoyment to be had, it is up to you.

captfred
07-23-2019, 02:37 PM
That is an outstanding post. It covers all the bases and contains some sage advice.

EncorePlus
07-24-2019, 04:14 AM
The are no perfect 135 operators......If Your looking for a perfect place with perfect people and perfect airplanes you will always be disappointed.....FlyExclusive is as close to perfect as your going to get....be happy ......

Beeman68
08-05-2019, 12:09 PM
What the lastest and greatest at Exclusive? Fall hiring and class dates ect....

Gundriver64
08-05-2019, 12:48 PM
What the lastest and greatest at Exclusive? Fall hiring and class dates ect....

Also, what is the FO work schedule? I have read it's 8/6. Also, read it's 10/5.

TIA

cannotdupilcate
08-05-2019, 01:17 PM
That is an outstanding post. It covers all the bases and contains some sage advice.

Thank you Fred for the compliment.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, been there, seen it, done it, made ALL the MISTAKES, got the polo-shirts, beanies and the stickers. Our airline hiring is so prolific right now it is pretty silly to go to a bottom feeder 135 ↑ unless of course you fit right in....

Every day not at a regional you lose Seniority position and as you know that is the King in the airline world, not whether your name is Aaron Aardvark or Aaron B. Aardvark born one day earlier when competing for upgrade to the next not so small puddle jumper.

The regionals are really hurting for pilots and some of the really good mid-spec US airlines like JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit that do treat people well will hire from there first not from Catfish airways.

Have a good week

B727DRVR
08-05-2019, 04:23 PM
Thank you Fred for the compliment.

Fortunately or maybe unfortunately, been there, seen it, done it, made ALL the MISTAKES, got the polo-shirts, beanies and the stickers. Our airline hiring is so prolific right now it is pretty silly to go to a bottom feeder 135 ↑ unless of course you fit right in....

Every day not at a regional you lose Seniority position and as you know that is the King in the airline world, not whether your name is Aaron Aardvark or Aaron B. Aardvark born one day earlier when competing for upgrade to the next not so small puddle jumper.

The regionals are really hurting for pilots and some of the really good mid-spec US airlines like JetBlue, Southwest, Spirit that do treat people well will hire from there first not from Catfish airways.

Have a good week

:DI totally agree with you because in the last few months, some of our flyExclusive alumni have moved directly to FedEx, JetBlue, Spirit, etc. More importantly, we have new hires and applicants, including Academy grads and retireees from every Legacy and Legacy Cargo carrier. Again, we have former fighter pilots, Academy grads, MEC Chairmen, etc who are staying. I dunno, but that isnít too bad for a 4.3 year-old Company.

I also agree that it is an amazing time to be a pilot and that the opportunities are amazing these days. Iíll even agree that MOST pilots under 50 seriously should consider the numbers when deciding on a Regional or not, with all the bonuses and flow programs going on now.

For me, however, the Regionals, LCCís, and Majors are not an option..
While I am in the unusual situation of having a Wife whose pay trajectory exceeds that of any Legacy or Legacy Cargo carrier, I am not the only pilot that isnít trying to leave here. Although I come from a non-Regional Part 121 and 91K background, leaving here for a 121 carrier would require me to be gone more and be home with my 14 year-old less, leaving my Wife unable to do her job. This would result in less money for my family, albeit satisfying my vanities by allowing me to be flying bigger equipment. flyExclusive fits us perfectly, allowing pilots to be bicoastal and commute out of places that other 135ís and 91Kís, and especially Regionals and Majors never would.

We have been growing rapidly, adding pilots and aircraft, and have more classes scheduled for late August and late September. Our pilot group is pushing closer to 200, than 150 pilots, and we are hiring continues to outpace attrition greatly.

I have said it before and will say it again, flyExclusive is a great place to work. I am a non-attorney, non-paid spokesman:cool:

Three Green
08-05-2019, 04:36 PM
Tell me how great the 121 world is after the upcoming recession.

Turbine
08-05-2019, 04:54 PM
Tell me how great the 121 world is after the upcoming recession.

I would put my bet on the 121 world during an economic downturn before I would bet on companies that operate private jets.

captjns
08-05-2019, 05:21 PM
I would put my bet on the 121 world during an economic downturn before I would bet on companies that operate private jets.

Economic down turns precipitates sale of the luxury toys... private jets. It also turns those flying 135 to seek first class or business class travel on commercial carriers. You all can figure out the rest. Seen it happen during the Ď70s... late Ď80s... after 9/11... of course you all remember the bust of 2008.

Amphibian
08-05-2019, 05:32 PM
The pilot schedule is 8 on/6 off and an optional 15 on/13 off is available. Any days you volunteer to work outside your set schedule are paid at the extra day rate. Currently $450/day for first year FOs.

Also, what is the FO work schedule? I have read it's 8/6. Also, read it's 10/5.

TIA

Beeman68
08-06-2019, 04:38 AM
Is this the required mins or suggested? Copied from their career page.

Pilot Hiring Minimums: (Current ATP and First Class Medical)
CE560XL/XLS SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC

Encore Fleet First Officers
CE500/CE560 SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC

captfred
08-06-2019, 04:45 AM
Still no answers to:

Is there a ASAP program?

Does the company have a Part 145 repair certificate?

Amphibian
08-06-2019, 05:59 AM
If you have an ATP or more than 1,500 hrs and the ATP/CTP/Written complete.....I recommend you apply.

We have clientele who have the requirements listed on the career page to serve as a crew member on their trips. A good many, including myself were hired without all those requirements fulfilled.

Is this the required mins or suggested? Copied from their career page.

CE560XL/XLS SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC

Encore Fleet First Officers
CE500/CE560 SIC: 2500 TT, 750 PIC, 1000 Multi, 500 Turbine, 500 Multi PIC, 100 IMC

UTR69
08-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Still no answers to:

Is there a ASAP program?

Does the company have a Part 145 repair certificate?

Last I heard there was NO ASAP program, just some guys that sit around the office talking about how things should be.

Unaware of their repair certificate, but 9 times out of 10 you will just be broke until a local shop can look at the jet or you airline out or their roving mechanic in Florida stops by to "fix it".

8/6 or 15/13......well yeah that is true but dont forget about how you will typically fly a FULL duty day on day 8 and then they will worry about getting you home. If that is after 9pm you get a little gravy (it used to be $50) and then after midnight you get a little more (maybe another $50, but I can't remember). This company has ZERO incentive to get you home on time. Don't count on it or expect it.

Don't forget, they don't have actual dispatchers. So on top of your 4-5 legs per day, you will do all of the planning yourself even when it constantly changes, you will do your own ORM and FRATS. Dont worry, if the ORM or FRAT is too high, the company will just mitigate it down so you are now "legal" to fly. Also, expect (and I caught them doing this) that they will call the FBO asking if you are there. When they get busted, and you ask the clerk to speak with them on the phone, they will hang up. True Story. You will book your own hotels (even if that means going into Denver at night, it's sold out but the signature is able to score you a La Quinta MOTEL......yeah that just happened a few weeks ago).

When you upgrade, there is a little unspoke about spreadsheet that tracks your effective legs, gallons burned and your fuel burn score/percentages. You will see yourself bubble up and down and how you rate with all of the other captains. Remember, this is NOT a union shop and promotion (and I can only assume based on this tracker that the good trips are assigned by it) is based on how you do for the company. When you enter ops, the screens on the far wall show SALES...not jets and their status, but sales in dollar amount per each salesman.

Read their facebook page and you can see their focus.

I agree with the above post, if you are going to work at a "Catfish Airlines", then apply to many. See what is out there. Don't settle....Even if you don't want 121 and want to stay 135, shop around.

On the flip side, pay is always on time, HOWEVER, they WILL nickel and dime you as much as they can. You can not make a decision to (for example) go to subway and split an $8.00 sandwich with your crew partner over begging for a crew meal and the company spending $70.00 on it from Jason's Deli. In this case, yeah, they really denied my reimbursement for the Subway. My point is that it's the little Sh!t that will **** you off at FE......

Good luck

Next subject will be FE crews not retracting their flaps when taxiing into the ramp. The company WOM is to take the flaps from landing to takeoff and shutdown with them hanging. I guess that reduces on more switch actuation. Well, ask yourself.....do I really want to fly, trust and stake my life and license on a company that is worried about "one more flap actuation"..........

B727DRVR
08-06-2019, 09:35 PM
ob∑sess
/əbˈses/
verb
verb: obsess; 3rd person present: obsesses; past tense: obsessed; past participle: obsessed; gerund or present participle: obsessing

To preoccupy or fill the mind of (someone) continually, intrusively, and to a troubling extent.

Hi UTR,

Your back! And congratulations on your 10th post on the APC Forum (All about us, of course)! While we should be flattered with your single-minded obsession with flyExclusive on this forum, it is a little weird and creepy that all your interest and attention is focused on us when you supposedly don't work here anymore and we are the only subject that you keep obsessively posting about...:confused: It reminds me of one of those thrillers about a breakup gone bad, but one person doesn't let go and they stalk and troll the other. Maybe if you had another hobby or showed more interests other than us on this forum, your posts would carry more weight. But when all your posts are negative about us, well, it kind of looks like that crazy EX thing...

From your posts, I can discern at least one thing about you... You are either:

A) A disgruntled current employee, with a grudge, who is harming your fellow crewmembers and yourself with your obsessive negative posting.. or..

B) A disgruntled former employee, with a grudge, who hasn't let go who is harming your former fellow crewmembers with your obsessive negative posting.

So which is it? I ask this because several posts of yours are disingenuous because you often refer to us as "they", or "their", but then you assert that you were traumatized by having to stay at a La Quinta recently... My Heavens, have you filed for FMLA from that stressful event?:eek:

Furthermore, in addition to your negativity, you are short on the facts in several areas. And when Amphibian, one of your "former" friends and coworkers tried to answer a fellow pilot's questions with basic facts, you belittled him, and the Company, line by line.. CLASSY!

So here are some examples of where you are spreading negative disinformation about flyExclusive:

8/6 or 15/13......well yeah that is true but dont forget about how you will typically fly a FULL duty day on day 8 and then they will worry about getting you home. If that is after 9pm you get a little gravy (it used to be $50) and then after midnight you get a little more (maybe another $50, but I can't remember). This company has ZERO incentive to get you home on time. Don't count on it or expect it. This is BS and you know it! Some rotations, I have started a day late and others, I have finished a day early.. You never know what a rotation will be like... So to declare that you will work your full day 8 nearly every time is a LIE. Sometimes? Sure, but living in a town that almost always isn't a non-stop, my average Day 8 get home is between 5 PM and 7 PM. Furthermore, how does working on Day 8 here differ from my buddies at XOJET and GAMA? Guess what, it doesn't. Nobody is forced to work an extra day; It's all volunteer. Have I ever gotten home at 3 AM because of WX in ORD, ATL, DFW, CLT, or because of a broken RJ? Sure, but I promise you that I wasn't traumatized. Oh, and really this is sort of by choice, because flyExclusive lets me commute from a place that our competitors will not and is not blessed with non-stops.

Don't forget, they don't have actual dispatchers. So on top of your 4-5 legs per day, you will do all of the planning yourself even when it constantly changes, you will do your own ORM and FRATS. Dont worry, if the ORM or FRAT is too high, the company will just mitigate it down so you are now "legal" to fly. Also, expect (and I caught them doing this) that they will call the FBO asking if you are there. When they get busted, and you ask the clerk to speak with them on the phone, they will hang up. True Story. You will book your own hotels (even if that means going into Denver at night, it's sold out but the signature is able to score you a La Quinta MOTEL......yeah that just happened a few weeks ago).Another LIE... We DO have several Licensed Dispatchers and are hiring more.. No the don't ACT as Dispatchers right now, more as Flight Followers, but whats the big deal? So you have to do your own FRATS, Flight Plans, and book your own hotels? God forbid!! I guess that makes this place a real dump, huh? You are again being totally disingenuous and borderline dishonest about the hotels.. You KNOW that during a rotation, we almost ALWAYS stay at a Hilton or Marriott property. I have the Elite status at both to prove it, but unfortunately don't have Elite Status at Holiday Inns or La Quinta.. Have I ever stayed at a Holiday Inn?: Sure, but I promise you that it wasn't the end of the world.. And La Quinta is Pet Friendly.. And booking our own hotels is Awesome! How about we take an informal vote on whether we want the Company to pick our hotels for us? Guess how that vote will go.. And 4-5 legs a day?!?! Yeah, Riiiight.

When you upgrade, there is a little unspoke about spreadsheet that tracks your effective legs, gallons burned and your fuel burn score/percentages. You will see yourself bubble up and down and how you rate with all of the other captains. Remember, this is NOT a union shop and promotion (and I can only assume based on this tracker that the good trips are assigned by it) is based on how you do for the company. When you enter ops, the screens on the far wall show SALES...not jets and their status, but sales in dollar amount per each salesman. EVERY company that I know of in 121 and many 135's, keep track of individual fuel burns because its GOOD BUSINESS. Then, they incentivize crews to fly more efficiently with bonuses like we and our competitors do. And please list the Pilot Unions representing our fellow pilots at the competing carriers of GAMA, XOJET, TMC, DPJ, etc... Crickets.. And when you enter Flight Control, SURE there are screens that show sales because we are in the business to make money. Guess what the Big screen shows? Aircraft status and position. Let me know if you'd like to stop by sometime and see for yourself.. Of course, you already know that I'm right.

On the flip side, pay is always on time, HOWEVER, they WILL nickel and dime you as much as they can. You can not make a decision to (for example) go to subway and split an $8.00 sandwich with your crew partner over begging for a crew meal and the company spending $70.00 on it from Jason's Deli. In this case, yeah, they really denied my reimbursement for the Subway. My point is that it's the little Sh!t that will **** you off at FE......The Company policy states that crew meals will be arranged by Flight Control, but if you get approval, they have let me go pick up a sandwich on my Company AMEX, and then I just noted it in Expensify. Guess what? It was approved... I can probably pull up the receipt somewhere. So if you had been smart about it, they probably would have approved $16 worth of Subway for you and your fellow pilot that you have been trashing for the last several months.

And finally.. Next subject will be FE crews not retracting their flaps when taxiing into the ramp. The company WOM is to take the flaps from landing to takeoff and shutdown with them hanging. I guess that reduces on more switch actuation. Well, ask yourself.....do I really want to fly, trust and stake my life and license on a company that is worried about "one more flap actuation".......... You gotta love this one, LOL! Guess what, UTR? Many companies, 91K, 121, and 135 have had SOP's like this, including that several that I have flown for. By retracting the flaps only to the Takeoff position on intermediate legs, you gain the benefit of reducing actuations of the flap system and also guarantee that you won't be performing a flaps up takeoff. Furthermore, Excels generally have had stab issues in the past and I know one of our senior Captains who has learned from the past and follows this practice religiously.. But, if anyone is afraid to "stake their lives" on the practice of leaving the flaps at Takeoff position on an intermediate leg, by all means, run away as fast as you can.. LOL! I think that is the most ridiculous thing that I think that you have ever written about this place.

UTR, I'm sorry if the little things (Shiznits) here have ****** you off, but I am happy that you found your Nirvana somewhere else. I hope that you get over us soon and move on. Best of luck from your former friends, pilots, and coworkers at flyExclusive that you have shown no regard for and have trashed endlessly. I have to ask...?? What have they ever done to you to deserve the BS that you are spreading about us? :( I'd really like to know.

deadstick35
08-07-2019, 02:04 AM
Pretty sure just every Citation 500/550/560 operation (and maybe a few 525 ops because they used to fly the other Citations and did it that way) leaves flaps set for takeoff, at least away from base. Itís been that way for decades.

B727DRVR
08-07-2019, 03:01 AM
Pretty sure just every Citation 500/550/560 operation (and maybe a few 525 ops because they used to fly the other Citations and did it that way) leaves flaps set for takeoff, at least away from base. Itís been that way for decades.

No, according to UTR69, we are rouges and misfits here because we adhere to that technique, especially an the Excels.... And that pilots should run rather than ďstaking their lives, and LicenseĒ, on a Company that leaves the flaps set for takeoff:D.

Thanks for your positive and factual input: It is refreshing around this here place:cool:.

UTR69
08-07-2019, 08:12 AM
No, according to UTR69, we are rouges and misfits here because we adhere to that technique, especially an the Excels.... And that pilots should run rather than ďstaking their lives, and LicenseĒ, on a Company that leaves the flaps set for takeoff:D.

Thanks for your positive and factual input: It is refreshing around this here place:cool:.

Thanks for the congrats on the 10th post......11th, no wait, 12th post coming up soon!

:)

B727DRVR
08-07-2019, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the congrats on the 10th post......11th, no wait, 12th post coming up soon!

:)

No Problem... We should be flattered that you have made us your hobby, or obsession....:p And let us know how you like your new gig...

Seriously, though... Fly safe, live well, and enjoy wherever you landed after here.

Take care,

Your former flyExclusive pilot and fellow employee..:cool:

250kt Final
08-07-2019, 08:59 AM
Although I wish day 8 was travel home only I know it will never happen here. How one gets home is based on whatís on the schedule for your tail number and the particular staff member in dispatch who is working your flight. Thereís a few good ones and a few that could put in more effort. Example one day I caught a red eye on day 7/8 at 12 am and I was home at 10am day 8. Iíve been home as late as 1 am but Iím usually home between 2pm and 9 pm. My last rotation was supposed to get home at 10pm with a connection in ORD. No thank you. I emailed dispatch saying I found another way home cancel my ticket and I booked a non stop flight(was not outrageously priced either, almost the same) I got to sit in the airport a little longer then I would have my ORD flight but not having a connection is gold.

250kt Final
08-07-2019, 09:03 AM
Although I wish day 8 was travel home only I know it will never happen here. How one gets home is based on whatís on the schedule for your tail number and the particular staff member in dispatch who is working your flight. Thereís a few good ones and a few that could put in more effort. Example one day I caught a red eye on day 7/8 at 12 am and I was home at 10am day 8. Iíve been home as late as 1 am but Iím usually home between 2pm and 9 pm. My last rotation was supposed to get home at 10pm with a connection in ORD. No thank you. I emailed dispatch saying I found another way home cancel my ticket and I booked a non stop flight(was not outrageously priced either, almost the same). I got to sit in the airport longer then I would have with my ORD flight but not having a connection is gold especially when you make it home earlier then the original flight.

TiredSoul
08-07-2019, 10:32 AM

Yeah thereís a more technical reason for it too....although I forgot ;)

deadstick35
08-07-2019, 12:07 PM

Iím thinking they had a tendency to break. So a failure at the takeoff position would not be grounding. If the failed up, takeoff numbers could be funky depending on the airport and conditions.

TiredSoul
08-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Iím thinking they had a tendency to break. So a failure at the takeoff position would not be grounding. If the failed up, takeoff numbers could be funky depending on the airport and conditions.

Iíve never had one and never heard of one.
Iím asking a buddy lol

Amphibian
08-07-2019, 01:24 PM
First leg of Citation Sovereign IOE-flaps to Zero after landing, per the checklist. No deviations, SOPs, technique, etc. AND btw-there are no performance numbers for a flaps Zero takeoff in the Citation Sovereign.

Next...Next, the Eight Bucks at Subway...one call, thats all. I have never had an issue when I requested catering getting it. UTR69 is spot on, frequently a $70 smorgasbord board from Jason's Deli. Worse I got was a recovery assignment after an early morning trip where flyExclusive flight control got the line guys to run to McDonalds for a bag full of biscuits and breakfast burritos because that was all that was available on short notice and the Mickey D's was much appreciated. I also know of a crew who had a similar situation at Bar Harbor & a sack full of Lobster Rolls from the place across the street was approved to be charged to the AMEX.

B727DRVR
08-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Amphibian,

I donít know, mannnn... That pedestal looks a little dusty: You had better shake your tail and get a vacuum or else write the whole darn airplane up as unairworthy:D. You guys need to get with the program and leave your flaps set for Takeoff like your homies in the Excel.:p

And I donít believe you about the Lobster Rolls.. I think that you are making it up and that you are a bad man..:p. Actually, once we got mis-catered out of BOS, with a seafood extravaganza (YUCK!) including Lobster, shrimp, etc.. I was probably the only pilot who ever would have complained as I abhor seafood. Now Del Taco, now yerí talkiní...

Have a great trip and congratulations on the 680 IOE.

LOL.

deadstick35
08-08-2019, 02:13 AM
First leg of Citation Sovereign IOE-flaps to Zero after landing, per the checklist. No deviations, SOPs, technique, etc. AND btw-there are no performance numbers for a flaps Zero takeoff in the Citation Sovereign.

Iím pretty sure that the 680 wasnít even certified when these problems/procedures began for the Citations 500/501/550/551/560.

Frankie Avalon
08-18-2019, 05:40 AM

I can only speak to the 525's, but to service the hydraulic system you need flaps T/A and gear down. I believe that is the only condition under which the sight gauge is accurate. There's a placard on the reservoir about it. This way if you need a top off, there's no need to start engines just to move the flaps (although I've never needed one in 5+ years of Citation flying).

Whatever. Silly thing to complain about.

EncorePlus
09-20-2019, 01:04 AM
Iíve requested crew meals 45 mins upon landing by email.....never had a problem....there always good meals and there always there when we land.....I think dispatch and maintenance do a great job....go to dispatch and stand around 20 mins......they are very busy....they have lots to do!....you will understand and appreciate them more if you actually go there and see how busy they are...there always very nice and will answer questions you have about the operation....Also, the DO, Chief Pilot and President will always take the time to stop and listen to your Concerns and help you with anything you Need....Itís a Great Place to work and Would encourage anyone to come here and fly!

soflguy
11-30-2019, 02:33 PM
Hey all,
Iím a previous F-15E, current F-15C guy who is applying to FE. Despite teaching at GSB for almost 4 years, I only just found about FE the other week... nevertheless. I have a couple of questions about FE lifestyle if yíall donít mind pitching in to provide a few answers.
Do most of your trips start at ISO or do you travel to where the planes currently are? Also I saw some info on the website about reserve. Do you sit a lot of reserve, and If you do, is that in the ISO area? Lastly, as the pilot, what other duties do you fill during the flight (baggage handler, weather guy, etc)? It doesnít really matter much to me, but it would be nice to go into any potential interviews with a bit of an expectation of what the life might be like. Thanks.

Amphibian
12-01-2019, 12:47 PM
First, Thank You for your service to our country.

ISO Base: Most all of our trips start from airports where planes are located. Very few trips originate from ISO, with the exception of occasional RTS after maintenance/Doc inspections there. flyExclusive has a floating fleet w/ home basing for pilots. We really donít spend much time at the ISO operations center.

Reserve: Occasionally, a crew member will be assigned ďAt home on StandbyĒ for part or their entire rotation (Not on days off between rotations). In this case, the pilot would be home and can be called out on a few hours notice for travel to crew a plane. An example of cause for an ďAt home on standbyĒ assignment is other crew member is sick, so pilot assigned at home on standby has no one to fly with and itís pointless to send them to a plane.

Other duties: Short answer-Everything that needs to be done. We do everything including; greet & brief passengers, load bags, plan flights, check weather, verify and load catering on plane, restock snacks/beverages, complete post flight interior cleaning, list goes on & on.

Bottom line is we are delivering a high-end product to high-end clientele and we often have to step outside the job description of Pilot.

Hey all,
Iím a previous F-15E, current F-15C guy who is applying to FE. Despite teaching at GSB for almost 4 years, I only just found about FE the other week... nevertheless. I have a couple of questions about FE lifestyle if yíall donít mind pitching in to provide a few answers.
Do most of your trips start at ISO or do you travel to where the planes currently are? Also I saw some info on the website about reserve. Do you sit a lot of reserve, and If you do, is that in the ISO area? Lastly, as the pilot, what other duties do you fill during the flight (baggage handler, weather guy, etc)? It doesnít really matter much to me, but it would be nice to go into any potential interviews with a bit of an expectation of what the life might be like. Thanks.

TiredSoul
12-01-2019, 07:25 PM
soflguy,

Anything outrageous is usually taken care of by the trip broker and/or a specialized catering company.
You may get a request for only Coca-Cola products or only Pepsi products or nut allergyís or severe pet allergies.
You may need to read the ingredients on everything you have stocked.
Iíve had all of the above.
The pet allergy was the very flight after a trip with three blonde Collies.
Spend half an afternoon with sticky taped wrapped around my hands on everything carpeted.
About half the passengers show on time, 25% shows late ( from a little to a lot) and 25% show early
I would take ETD -30 min and use that to file the flightplan. Pick up the clearance an hour early.
Plane is locked, stocked, Ground power hooked up and FMC loaded 30 min before planned departure time.
You or your buddy is waiting in the FBO.
Pax show early, shake hands, say everything is ready would you like to use the facilities before you go?
Send your buddy in the airplane a discrete text, walk them out pass them over to your buddy who does strap in and safety brief while you load the luggage.
Lock the door, say welcome aboard, take your seat and go.

Fun times.

klondike
12-17-2019, 06:23 AM
That was a VERY entertaining 15 pages of reading over my morning coffee.
��

And enlightening.....

I learned that there our(sic) pilots out their(sic) that need some lessons in 4th grade grammar. It’s a good thing that grammar and spelling ourn’t required skillz to fly a airplane.

Holly Kow

Klonnie

UTR69
12-29-2019, 08:08 AM
Company sends out email about how well they are doing and how profitable they have been over the past year.

Company is adding Gulfstreams to fleet to manage their "floating fleet" and provide global reach.

and then.....this pay chart comes out. While only one fleet and one seat, an increase of $3.00 in per diem and marginal pay increase is quite surprising from a company sooooo profitable and so on the rise. Perhaps they should invest in pilots who do the mission instead of painting pretty airplanes.

For those shopping around for jobs.....Rank FE a little lower on your Pro/Con list. Perhaps below TMC now....

Enjoy the show,

UTR

100LL
12-29-2019, 07:07 PM
I too heard from a little birdie there would be significant improvements with a major announcement by yearís end. Unfortunately it turned out to be false according to the grapevine. Still no dedicated sick days...who wants to use very limited vacation to make up for sick days? If one donít have vacation pay that will just encourage pilots showing up for work sick because they canít afford to call in and not get paid. Next still no improvements on go home day. Apparently many still getting home after 9pm consistently. Pilot qol involves more then pay is what the company still doesnít understand. Like someone else mentioned in this thread long ago the company is still very sales oriented....gotta make an extra $100 on a wheels up trip etc... Finally any flight beginning or ending between 2200 to 0600 local is based on takeoff and landing times for bonus pay and still no improvement in that arena. First of all shouldnít it be based on block out and in times or better yet duty on and off time? Secondly itís sort of a rip off if you leave eastern time and land at 2130 central when it really should be 2230 eastern. So because of that discrepancy crews miss out bonus pay.

CardboardCutout
12-31-2019, 06:52 AM
There's a reason they call it "work".

David Puddy
01-02-2020, 07:34 PM
I too heard from a little birdie there would be significant improvements with a major announcement by yearís end. Unfortunately it turned out to be false according to the grapevine. Still no dedicated sick days...who wants to use very limited vacation to make up for sick days? If one donít have vacation pay that will just encourage pilots showing up for work sick because they canít afford to call in and not get paid. Next still no improvements on go home day. Apparently many still getting home after 9pm consistently. Pilot qol involves more then pay is what the company still doesnít understand. Like someone else mentioned in this thread long ago the company is still very sales oriented....gotta make an extra $100 on a wheels up trip etc... Finally any flight beginning or ending between 2200 to 0600 local is based on takeoff and landing times for bonus pay and still no improvement in that arena. First of all shouldnít it be based on block out and in times or better yet duty on and off time? Secondly itís sort of a rip off if you leave eastern time and land at 2130 central when it really should be 2230 eastern. So because of that discrepancy crews miss out bonus pay.

Every regional is hiring - including some into direct-hire Captain positions if you have the hours.....

tom3holer
01-08-2020, 05:52 AM
Hi,
Tried to PM you but msg box was greyed out.
Have a question if you could PM me.

Thanks,
Tom

Front Office
01-08-2020, 07:29 AM
Hi,

Thanks,
Tom

I sent you a PM

Amphibian
01-08-2020, 02:26 PM
PMíd you with my contact info. Looking forward to answering any questions you have about flyExclusive.

Hi,

Thanks,
Tom

UTR69
01-08-2020, 03:58 PM
I would just say No to this company. Especially with the latest payscales.

If you want to stay in the 135/Fractional world, then there are many other places to consider, however you would also best be served by looking at ANY Regional. Your pay over the long term will be much higher within a year or two.

FE will promise a quick upgrade but your level of work and a$$pain will increase exponentially with that upgrade. I am not talking about the typical loading of luggage or Pax issues, I am more referring to the company issues that will clog down your off time (while you are supposed to be in rest) with menial tasks such as doing your own flight plans only to have them change over and over (as is typical in the 135 world).

FE makes the pilots/PIC do all of the behind the scene work which makes this company so unappealing especially with the tiny payraise.

My concern also is now they are branching into larger class aircraft and will have 2 soon. A company with a few of one type and a few of another doesn't seem to have the ability to SUSTAIN that growth in a logical manor.

"A jack of all trades but a master of none...."

Don't say I didn't tell you so......

UTR

Three Green
01-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Dude, filing a FltPlan thru dot com is not rocket science. I use to remember arguing with my dispatcher about legal alternates and re-route as well as needing more fuel. UTR, it’s called work.

UTR69
01-09-2020, 02:31 AM
Dude, filing a FltPlan thru dot com is not rocket science. I use to remember arguing with my dispatcher about legal alternates and re-route as well as needing more fuel. UTR, itís called work.

Then best of luck to you........

GW450
01-09-2020, 05:11 AM
Company sends out email about how well they are doing and how profitable they have been over the past year.

Company is adding Gulfstreams to fleet to manage their "floating fleet" and provide global reach.

and then.....this pay chart comes out. While only one fleet and one seat, an increase of $3.00 in per diem and marginal pay increase is quite surprising from a company sooooo profitable and so on the rise. Perhaps they should invest in pilots who do the mission instead of painting pretty airplanes.

For those shopping around for jobs.....Rank FE a little lower on your Pro/Con list. Perhaps below TMC now....

Enjoy the show,

UTR
Hello UTR69. This is Gary Williams with FlyExclusive, I am the Pilot Recruiter and would love to speak with you over Face Time to discuss your post. My direct number is (252) 414-1219. I look forward to discussing your outlook and opinion on our company directly.

B727DRVR
01-09-2020, 11:00 AM
troll
/trōl/
Learn to pronounce
noun
noun: troll; plural noun: trolls

a person who makes a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
a deliberately offensive or provocative online post.
a line or bait used in trolling for fish.

verb

make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.
"if people are obviously trolling then I'll delete your posts and do my best to ban you"

Ahh...

UTR is back like the shingles with another obsessive, negative, trolling post about flyExclusive, his/her jilted ex-(or current) lover... As fun as it is addressing your assertions, UTR, I would first like to take a little survey on here on what my fellow aviators here on this forum think about your single-minded obsession with our Company and whether he/she is being an advocate for his/her former (or current...) fellow pilots here or simply a troll.. I hope that was not a run on sentence.. Before you do so, though, I encourage all of you to read every one of UTR’s negative posts about flyExclusive (Don’t worry; There are only 15, most recently as 3:31 AM, none the less, of them and they are all negative ones about us. Interestingly,UTR has no other interests on this forum.). Heck, while you’re at it, read mine, too, as a comparison.. After reading these posts, I ask you all these FOUR questions:

1) Do you think that UTR is making these posts about flyExclusive to help his fellow pilots or do you think he/she is obsessed with the Company and has an axe to grind, therefore trolling the Company on this Forum?

2) Would you try to hurt your former (or current) employer when you still (supposedly) have friends working there?

3) Do you find it odd that he/she seems to delight in tormenting the Company and that his/her only posts on this Forum are negative ones about flyExclusive?

4) If misfortune came to flyExclusive, do you think UTR would lament the misfortunes of his/her former (or current) Company and fellow team members, or would he take delight in it, given his/her posting history on this Forum?

OK, that ends the survey part of this post and I appreciate everyone’s time considering that. I am eagerly awaiting the results and feel free to chime in. So, belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, UTR! We missed you....

With that being said, and I have asked you this question before (and you never answer it...), what have I or your former/current fellow pilots ever done to you to deserve your incessant trashing of the Company? Aside from the 5 calls from MG one time and the denied Subway sandwich Reimbursement, and GOD FORBID being forced to file your own flight plans, what has you so obsessed, negative, and triggered? Here’s another question..: If flyExclusive succeeds, will you be happy for us or if we fail, will you mourn us? With your posting history, it seems very unlikely and that says a lot.

Moving on to your points, and some which are valid..:

FACT: If you are under 45 years old (or maybe even 50..), you are NUTS to not at least look into a Part 121 career considering the overall difference in pay and retirement that they enjoy over virtually EVERY Part 135 operator. Coming from a non-Regional, Part 121 background, I wholeheartedly agree with UTR’s assertion and say this to pilots every day. These are amazing times to be a pilot and I wish that I had been born 15 years later.. If you can go 121, you would be a fool to not at least consider it, especially if you can get on a Regional with a true flow to a Major. I know, thank you Captain Obvious.. Next....

FACT: As all workers do, we all had hoped for a better compensation package here, but most of us temper that with how fast our Company is growing and how well we are being treated. At 4.75 years old, we are already giving our competitors a run for their money, and things here continue to improve every day. As I have said many times on this Forum, most of here are very proud of our Company’s growth and are excited for our future. In 2000, nobody wanted to go to Executive Jet (now Netjets), and pilots were leaving UPS, FDX, and SWA to go to the “Majors”, only to be furloughed en masse after September 11 .. Who knew? We don’t have Warren Buffet of Kenny Dichter backing us, but we are moving in the right direction growing fast and things continue to improve here every day. I can’t think of one thing here that hasn’t improved or at least remained the same since I came here.

FACT: flyExclusive pilots are “forced” to do our own performance planning, weight and balances, file our own flight plans, pick our own hotels, and we are all fed up with it..... NOTTTTTT!!!!.. Dude, this assertion is ridiculous, and it shows that, other than other than your comment about our pilots wishing for more pay (Which is true...), you are really grasping at straws criticizing our flap settings and filing our own flight plans?!?! LOL, seriously? I am usually looking into my next flight over WiFi on my last trip of the day and it takes very little time to do it safely and efficiently... The fact that this is such a big deal to you is funny to me and obviously to others on this Forum. It’s like when you point out a beautiful woman (of interest, in my case) to someone, and they are digging so deep for straws that they say.. “Well....., look at her fingernails”!?!? LOL, if you are busting on us for that and our flap settings on intermediate stops, you are really trying hard. I am so glad that our pay scale was announced so you would have something with some validity to it to obsess over. In comparison, XOJET, NetJets, and maybe Flex get releases back like I did in my 121 days, while many of our other competitor’s pilots file their own. I promise you, when I upgraded, I didn’t shed a tear about this new “cross to bear”, and actually savored and enjoyed the new responsibility. When I started flying Fractional after the Great Recession (or Depression, if you were furloughed from 121 like was), I hadn’t filed my own flight plan for 10 years and had never heard of FltPlan.com...; I really enjoyed it. So, pity us poor FE pilots being subjected to these onerous and Draconian work rules, like filing our own flight plans and picking our own hotels.. According to UTR, we are all in Pergatory.. LOL!

FACT: There are other Part 135 carriers that pay better than we do, XOJET/VISTA, coming first to my mind. They are a slick, savvy operator that everything about them screams West Coast. All of my friends there are happy, and all but one have been there pushing two decades, all but one coming over from the Grand Aire/Swift pipeline to XO. With them, you start out in a super-Mid and their dispatchers give their pairings to ARINC, which files the flight plan for them! You should apply there, UTR, since the whole filing thing is so important to you. But they have a nearly 15 year head start on us to get this good, so give us some time. And less than a decade ago, they were still fighting the rolling rest battle before the new retired UAL Sheriff came to town and made a change for the better. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about them, and am excited for their future and I regularly steer people that way.

GAMA has better insurance than we do, and as a bigger Company with deep pockets support from Wheels UP, has better bargaining power for better insurance due to more employees. I have no less than 63 friends that have passed through, or are still flying for them, from SL, to HB, to CA, on down. Their recruiter, CA, is a great guy whom I met during my Recurrent at FSI. I wouldn’t think twice about sending a fellow pilot his way: GAMA is a class act!

DPJ currently offers travel benefits with Delta Airlines and offers a resume review and possible interview with DAL.. That may be changing soon, with the WUP acquisition, though..

TMC/Wheels Up currently offers an up to $30,000 sign on bonus, so that definitely helps to attract pilots.

So as UTR so triumphantly stated, there are certainly several other excellent options out there if you decide to go, or stay, in the Part 135 World.

Now to flyExclusive... We are a fast-growing Part 135 Company that is just shy of our 5th Birthday, yet we are right at 50 aircraft. Our pay, benefits, and working conditions have continued to improve, and while not as fast as we might want, historically have gotten better. You might get home a little later after a rotation of flying for us, but that is because we let our pilots live and commute out of places that none of our competitors will. I know because I checked, and I am one of those pilots enjoying a short drive to my small, minimally serviced airport thus I don’t complain about my 2 leg commutes through CLT or ATL getting me home between 5 PM and 8 PM on average. This benefit is huge to many of us here, and it is greatly appreciated. And yes, we advertise a quick hire and upgrade directly into a jet. But buyer beware... As a Captain here, you will be “forced” to do your own planning and book your own hotels. If the thought of that doesn’t keep you up at night, give us a shot. You will be in excellent company here as we have retirees from AA/USAirways, UAL, SWA, DL/NWA, NJA, as well as retired O-7’s, and retired pilots from every branch of the Military, along with a few losers like myself, LOL.

B727DRVR
01-09-2020, 11:37 AM
In my last post, in my over exuberance, I insinuated that UTR takes joy in our misfortune... I didn't mean in our tragedies, but it came out that way.. I was a turd..

That was, wrong of me, and I do apologize to UTR for saying that.

UTR and I actually enjoy sparring, I think, and I don't know what I will do when he/she takes up another hobby. You are my Hannity to my Obama, and my Maddow to my Trump!

Respec (as Ali G says, with no "t")

Sorry UTR!

dash3t
03-17-2020, 09:23 AM
Hey guys, any noise about how the current state of things is going to affect hiring\training?

B727DRVR
03-18-2020, 09:14 PM
Hey guys, any noise about how the current state of things is going to affect hiring\training?

Hey Dash and anyone else interested...,

Sorry to bring bad news, but we were just informed that our 03/29/20 (x-apple-data-detectors://1) and 04/19/20 (x-apple-data-detectors://2) INDOC classes have been delayed until 05/24/20 (x-apple-data-detectors://3). They are concerned with the rumored impending airline travel restrictions and possible flight training center closures. I am helping out with recruiting and we just called all our candidates as soon as we found out, in order to give everyone as much warning as possible that their class was delayed. We all saw this during other downturns and how a lot of companies handled things poorly during those terrible times, and we donít want to make the mistakes that they did.

If your class date got delayed, you will not be forgotten and you will have a pilot slot when things get back to normal.

Good luck and we will keep you posted....

TriStarPilot
03-25-2020, 05:49 AM
Would any current flyExclusive pilots be willing to PM me please? Got a couple questions for you. Thanks in advance.