Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Hawkerdriver1
03-07-2019, 04:14 AM
I have an owner looking to upgrade to a super midsize. These aircraft are a bargain. But, with only 70 having been produced, parts are rare, prohibitively expensive or sometimes not available at all for months.

My owner spoke to the maintenance folks over at “ “ Aero. They said to stay away from any aircraft that is not supported. I agree. A Challeger 300 would be a wiser move.

If anyone has any 4000 maintenance experiences they can share, that would be swell.

Thanks!

HD

RI830
03-08-2019, 06:36 AM
If the boss is looking for a Super midsize bargain, look for a lightly used Legacy 600. Plenty on the market for 6-8 Million.

As for the Hawker 4000. I have zero experience with it, but I would echo the idea of staying away from the bird due to lack of support. The “bargain” of the acquisition would soon be shadowed by the AOG’s and frustrations of the parts hunt

billsaw
03-08-2019, 07:48 PM
I have an owner looking to upgrade to a super midsize. These aircraft are a bargain. But, with only 70 having been produced, parts are rare, prohibitively expensive or sometimes not available at all for months.

My owner spoke to the maintenance folks over at “ “ Aero. They said to stay away from any aircraft that is not supported. I agree. A Challeger 300 would be a wiser move.

If anyone has any 4000 maintenance experiences they can share, that would be swell.

Thanks!

HD

If he is thinking he is getting a "deal" on a Hawker 4000 today just wait until he "tries" to sell it in a few years. If his main business isn't airplane scrapping bring tissues.

TurboWill
03-08-2019, 08:23 PM
Give Talon Air a call. Based at KFRG. They have a fleet of them.

Hawkerdriver1
03-09-2019, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the help guys!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1