Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : April 16th class

starkutt1
03-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Anyone in the next class ?

IDrive175
03-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Isnít that actually the 1/22/19 class?

starkutt1
03-10-2019, 12:47 AM
Isnít that actually the 1/22/19 class?

No itís not it was the 2/5/19

IDrive175
03-10-2019, 05:25 AM

Ok, I have a buddy in that class, but I thought he said it would be the end of April. Maybe itís the 1/22 class that comes back late April.

Anyway, I donít think heís on here, but Iíd be happy to pass something along to him.

jfroehlich
03-10-2019, 03:36 PM

Are you coming in for three days of indoc then going back home for a while, or are you going straight through training uninterrupted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

05Duramax
03-10-2019, 06:48 PM

You sure about that, I thought the late January class was the last indoc (3 day) until May?

IDrive175
03-10-2019, 08:16 PM
You sure about that, I thought the late January class was the last indoc (3 day) until May?

The Feb class didnít have three days indoc... they got a 2K bonus to put off their hire date until April.

starkutt1
03-11-2019, 01:58 AM
Are you coming in for three days of indoc then going back home for a while, or are you going straight through training uninterrupted?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heard weíll be going through without any interruption since they didnít have any class for 2 months

starkutt1
03-11-2019, 02:02 AM

January 21st class comes back April 23rd

IDrive175
03-11-2019, 09:01 AM
January 21st class comes back April 23rd

So one class is returning April 16th, and another on April 23rd? That doesn't seem right, especially since there's a class April 30th too.

UPSPleaseHireMe
03-11-2019, 06:04 PM
So one class is returning April 16th, and another on April 23rd? That doesn't seem right, especially since there's a class April 30th too.

Iím in the 12/11 class and we come back to restart Indoc on April 3rd. Iím not sure who else is starting in April.

IDrive175
03-11-2019, 06:38 PM
I’m in the 12/11 class and we come back to restart Indoc on April 3rd. I’m not sure who else is starting in April.

I'm in your group. Hard to believe they would have 4 classes in April. I think some of this info must be bad.

UPSPleaseHireMe
03-11-2019, 07:11 PM
I'm in your group. Hard to believe they would have 4 classes in April. I think some of this info must be bad.

Yeah, I canít see there being more than two classes per month.

starkutt1
03-11-2019, 09:14 PM

Not sure whoís info is bad but my Indoc class is April 16th and my buddy in the January class returns to finish Indoc April 22nd idk who else has classes in April but Thatís all the info Iíve got

starkutt1
03-11-2019, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I canít see there being more than two classes per month.

Maybe they pushed back the April 30th class Idk but I already got my hotel stuff and atp confirmation in the email which is on April 8th - 15th plus my buddy already got his schedule to return on April22nd

terminalgoods
03-12-2019, 03:13 AM
May 6 ATP-CTP
May 14 Indoc

FWIW - I was contacted last week and told everything is on schedule for us.

starkutt1
03-12-2019, 04:55 AM
May 6 ATP-CTP
May 14 Indoc

FWIW - I was contacted last week and told everything is on schedule for us.

Same here so I doubt they would have a April 30th class

IDrive175
03-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Same here so I doubt they would have a April 30th class

Wow, I think they're really having 4 classes in April. Here's what I think is happening, please correct if you have better info:

12/11/18 class returns 4/3
New hire class starts 4/16
1/22/19 class returns 4/23
February class rescheduled for 4/30 (my buddy is in this one)

IDrive175
03-12-2019, 08:16 PM
Wow, I think they're really having 4 classes in April. Here's what I think is happening, please correct if you have better info:

12/11/18 class returns 4/3
New hire class starts 4/16
1/22/19 class returns 4/23
February class rescheduled for 4/30 (my buddy is in this one)

And one thing that intrigues me about this, if itís true, is that the 4/16 class would likely finish before 4/23, but 4/23 would be higher on the seniority list...?

Random Task
03-12-2019, 09:31 PM
If they couldnt keep up with 2 classes a month why do you think they would bring 4 classes in on the same month?

4V14T0R
03-13-2019, 04:53 AM
And one thing that intrigues me about this, if itís true, is that the 4/16 class would likely finish before 4/23, but 4/23 would be higher on the seniority list...?

It would depend on if the 4/16 class has any sort of delay or if the 4/23 is starting from a different place as they wouldíve already been to Indy and the 4/16 class would be starting at Day 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KCaviator
03-13-2019, 07:54 AM
If they couldnt keep up with 2 classes a month why do you think they would bring 4 classes in on the same month?

Rapid fire classes because weíre buying Compass, duh.

starkutt1
03-13-2019, 02:27 PM

Iím a newbie to all of this so please enlighten me on how thatís possible ?

starkutt1
03-13-2019, 02:33 PM
It would depend on if the 4/16 class has any sort of delay or if the 4/23 is starting from a different place as they wouldíve already been to Indy and the 4/16 class would be starting at Day 1.

4/23 class started in January but never completed Indoc they were sent home with the iPads . 4/16 class will probably finish before them since weíll be done with Indoc before them i could be wrong but thatís just my take on it .

4V14T0R
03-13-2019, 02:37 PM
4/23 class started in January but never completed Indoc they were sent home with the iPads . 4/16 class will probably finish before them since weíll be done with Indoc before them i could be wrong but thatís just my take on it .

But they did have the 3 day new hire orientation correct? I imagine there would be a reason to schedule things like this. Presumably to space things out and it would still be likely that those more senior would finish first.

IDrive175
03-13-2019, 03:19 PM

The part you might be missing is that the 4/23 class, which is really the 1/22 class, is already on the seniority list. During your first week, you'll be added to the seniority list, but it will be underneath the 4/23 (1/22) class since they were hired before you.

starkutt1
03-13-2019, 05:38 PM
The part you might be missing is that the 4/23 class, which is really the 1/22 class, is already on the seniority list. During your first week, you'll be added to the seniority list, but it will be underneath the 4/23 (1/22) class since they were hired before you.

Yea thatís true Iím anxious to see who finishes first

starkutt1
03-13-2019, 05:39 PM
But they did have the 3 day new hire orientation correct? I imagine there would be a reason to schedule things like this. Presumably to space things out and it would still be likely that those more senior would finish first.

I asked the recruiter if we could expect a delay and was told no so yea itíll be a packed house in indi

IDrive175
03-13-2019, 05:47 PM
Yea thatís true Iím anxious to see who finishes first

It won't matter. Even if your class finishes first, the other one will still be ahead of you in seniority. The 4/30 class will be behind you though.

My guess is you'll get delayed a bit when it comes time for sims, but I could be wrong.

starkutt1
03-13-2019, 09:58 PM
It won't matter. Even if your class finishes first, the other one will still be ahead of you in seniority. The 4/30 class will be behind you though.

My guess is you'll get delayed a bit when it comes time for sims, but I could be wrong.

Yea thatís true I wonder how many pilots they plan on hiring this year ?

MrFriendly7
03-15-2019, 05:13 AM
Theres 4 classes in April. Believe it .

4V14T0R
03-15-2019, 05:43 AM

If they do 4 again in May theyíll be caught up from having no classes in Feb and March.

There was a sim sitting in a box in CVG (I believe). I wonder if itís up and running, otherwise thereís going to still be some delays.

starkutt1
03-15-2019, 07:07 AM

I know this question has probably been answered before on another thread but I figure why not ask it again how does the seniority stuff work ? Is it based off your social secular number ? Is the sim hours based off seniority for example the most senior guys will get the morning hours ?

4V14T0R
03-15-2019, 07:41 AM
I know this question has probably been answered before on another thread but I figure why not ask it again how does the seniority stuff work ? Is it based off your social secular number ? Is the sim hours based off seniority for example the most senior guys will get the morning hours ?

Seniority is based on your birthday. The older you are the more senior in your class.

To the point of sim session, Iíll let someone else answer. It may be an arbitrary scheduling or based on you progression through EFPTs, but thatís just a hunch.

starkutt1
03-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Seniority is based on your birthday. The older you are the more senior in your class.

To the point of sim session, Iíll let someone else answer. It may be an arbitrary scheduling or based on you progression through EFPTs, but thatís just a hunch.

Thanks buddy 👍🏼

Viking6
03-15-2019, 02:59 PM
If they do 4 again in May theyíll be caught up from having no classes in Feb and March.

There was a sim sitting in a box in CVG (I believe). I wonder if itís up and running, otherwise thereís going to still be some delays.

Probably mid summer before the new sim is certified, and thatís if it smooth. They will probably still have small delays through the summer, but not 6 months. Retention of those hired, but not on the seniority list has not been great from what I here.

4V14T0R
03-15-2019, 05:38 PM
Probably mid summer before the new sim is certified, and thatís if it smooth. They will probably still have small delays through the summer, but not 6 months. Retention of those hired, but not on the seniority list has not been great from what I here.

To be expected. Who wants to wait that long if the have the qualifications?

DigDougShovelCo
03-16-2019, 03:48 PM

Yep, just got out of CVG (I'm now an ATP, yay me!) and that sim is still sitting in boxes. I heard late this month they would be getting started on it, but as someone else said it will be mid-late summer by the time its ready for anyone to start flying it

starrdragster
03-18-2019, 08:19 AM

Im also in the April 16th Indoc class along with 2 other people that I know.

NFGCDCTL
03-18-2019, 03:30 PM

Thereís not a lot of rhyme or reason to the schedule times. They will first work around any conflicts, such as military duty, and then fill the class into the empty spots. It was my experience that if you got a tough time schedule for one set of training blocks, you kept it for that set but then didnít have to do it again.

starkutt1
03-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Im also in the April 16th Indoc class along with 2 other people that I know.

Iíll private message you

starkutt1
03-21-2019, 01:29 AM
Found out earlier today from my recruiter that thereís still a delay in training A few week the least which isnít bad considering guys previous classes were delayed up to 2 months

IDrive175
03-21-2019, 03:43 AM
Found out earlier today from my recruiter that thereís still a delay in training A few week the least which isnít bad considering guys previous classes were delayed up to 2 months

My class was delayed almost 4 months.

RedOverWhite29
03-21-2019, 06:24 AM

I am still waiting in the queue for a Q4 class date. I got the same canned email last week as I did in February. I wonder how much attrition will happen between now and then.

starkutt1
03-21-2019, 11:43 PM
I am still waiting in the queue for a Q4 class date. I got the same canned email last week as I did in February. I wonder how much attrition will happen between now and then.

Weíre going to go get our iPad and do the fingerprinting, drug test etc and be sent home so just around 3 days

IDrive175
03-22-2019, 04:21 AM
Weíre going to go get our iPad and do the fingerprinting, drug test etc and be sent home so just around 3 days

I knew something had to give... makes more sense that you guys will have a short delay.

peengleeson
03-22-2019, 07:16 AM

How long is the delay after that?

starkutt1
03-23-2019, 09:57 PM
How long is the delay after that?

3 weeks delay

Tumbleweed11
04-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Anybody have any updates on what the waitlist is looking like for classes?

pacificapt
04-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Anybody have any updates on what the waitlist is looking like for classes?

Classes are full up to the 3rd quarter, waiting on the dates for 4th quarter.

Longhornmaniac8
04-10-2019, 06:31 PM
Anybody have any updates on what the waitlist is looking like for classes?I asked point blank to one of our recruiters and they're giving really cryptic responses.

I think there's a lot of uncertainty because they know retention for classes 5-6 months will be lower, but they don't know how low. They're focused on clearing up the backlog and giving cadets priority.

Everything is being done on a wait list basis; they're not currently giving new applicants class dates.

Logtwo
04-10-2019, 07:49 PM
I asked point blank to one of our recruiters and they're giving really cryptic responses.

I think there's a lot of uncertainty because they know retention for classes 5-6 months will be lower, but they don't know how low. They're focused on clearing up the backlog and giving cadets priority.

Everything is being done on a wait list basis; they're not currently giving new applicants class dates.

This is what Iíve gotten too. A point blank question was met with a similar response from my recruiter. All good, I still have a few more hours to get anyways.

FlyingDawgg
04-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Learned today that company ambassador's get some priority on the class date waitlist.

RedOverWhite29
04-11-2019, 01:33 PM
Learned today that company ambassador's get some priority on the class date waitlist.

Can you explain what a company ambassador is to an outsider? From what I am told, I am about halfway down the wait list for a Q4 date. Latest update as of a couple days ago is, there is no update.

There was an outside shot I may get a class date by mid May.

FlyingDawgg
04-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Can you explain what a company ambassador is to an outsider? From what I am told, I am about halfway down the wait list for a Q4 date. Latest update as of a couple days ago is, there is no update.

There was an outside shot I may get a class date by mid May.

They work for Republic as a school recruiter. They have company seniority but not pilot seniority.

TJBrass
04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
They work for Republic as a school recruiter. They have company seniority but not pilot seniority.
What is "Company Seniority"? Are they on the list or aren't they?

Meow1215
04-12-2019, 04:19 PM

Company seniority - vacation amount, pass travel, profit sharing, etc
Pilot seniority - bidding

TJBrass
04-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Company seniority - vacation amount, pass travel, profit sharing, etc
Pilot seniority - bidding

Vacation? Pass Travel? Profit Sharing? Are you sure your Union knows about this?

Meow1215
04-12-2019, 05:41 PM
Vacation? Pass Travel? Profit Sharing? Are you sure your Union knows about this?

I have no idea what YXís contractual language is. However, just about everyone else has their is company seniority, it applies to the benefits shared by every employee who works for the company, and then pilot group seniority which is bidding.

I would be very surprised if a 12 year YX MX guy could join flight ops and bring their seniority to bidding in the pilot group. But Iíve been surprised before.

FlyingDawgg
04-12-2019, 08:05 PM

Yes, theyíre probably before you.

FlyingDawgg
04-12-2019, 08:07 PM
I have no idea what YXís contractual language is. However, just about everyone else has their is company seniority, it applies to the benefits shared by every employee who works for the company, and then pilot group seniority which is bidding.

I would be very surprised if a 12 year YX MX guy could join flight ops and bring their seniority to bidding in the pilot group. But Iíve been surprised before.

As an ambassador the only real advantage you have is the priority for a class date. Besides that, they only get $200 a month, a badge (without KCM), non-rev benefits and hotel/travel benefits. All they have to do is host events at their schools and post on social media.

terminalgoods
04-17-2019, 08:52 AM
For those in 4/16 class:

Are folks still going to IND for a handful of days before being sent home for a few weeks to study?

Any significant info to pass along on schedule?

Are we still able to fly Part 91 during our time home?

Thanks

deftone
04-17-2019, 12:37 PM
I asked point blank to one of our recruiters and they're giving really cryptic responses.

I know they have held seats open in most of the future classes for the cadets and Lift students making mins. The first Lift kids are in the next months class.

JayD
04-18-2019, 04:34 AM
I know they have held seats open in most of the future classes for the cadets and Lift students making mins. The first Lift kids are in the next months class.

I wouldnít exactly call them ďlift students.Ē Most that I know of that are moving over this year had a CJO from Republic before being asked/offered to instruct at Lift to ATP mins.

dodsqubam
04-22-2019, 06:46 AM
For those in 4/16 class:

Are folks still going to IND for a handful of days before being sent home for a few weeks to study?

Any significant info to pass along on schedule?

Are we still able to fly Part 91 during our time home?

Thanks

Yes, you can fly for hire during that 3 week break.

MuPpET
04-22-2019, 06:55 AM
All these pathways and stuff for a regional that will hire you if you have a pulse, lul.

IDrive175
04-22-2019, 03:45 PM
You guys find out your base assignments yet?

pilotnicco
04-22-2019, 04:47 PM
All these pathways and stuff for a regional that will hire you if you have a pulse, lul.

We're actually one of, if not the most competitive to work for. We turn applicants away left and right, including those with military backgrounds. Times have changed man!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1