Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Flyboy68
03-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Madea travels in style. Embraer Lineage 1000. Must be a nice gig for the pilots.

https://www.ajc.com/rf/image_lowres/Pub/p8/AJC/2017/07/25/Images/Embraer%20Lineage%20Executive%20Jet_1199x750.jpg

Blackhawk
03-12-2019, 03:32 PM
Madea travels in style. Embraer Lineage 1000. Must be a nice gig for the pilots.

https://www.ajc.com/rf/image_lowres/Pub/p8/AJC/2017/07/25/Images/Embraer%20Lineage%20Executive%20Jet_1199x750.jpg

Hmmm... not necessarily. Some of the performers can be real idiots.

Flyboy68
03-12-2019, 05:03 PM
Gotta pay pretty well though.

wayland
03-12-2019, 05:45 PM
Gotta pay pretty well though.Why do you say that? I would bet it is one of the crappier jobs. Most of the Hollywood types are obnoxious nutjobs and a PITA to work for.

PotatoChip
03-12-2019, 05:45 PM

No, it doesn’t have to.

Boris Badenov
03-12-2019, 06:56 PM
Never flew real 91, but I flew looooootsa charter with all types in the back. There were a *few* really cool actors, and as a group they're noticeably less awful than professional sportsball players, but rich people who nobody knows are the only people I'd even consider flying for a long term job.

Flyboy68
03-13-2019, 06:59 AM
Never flew real 91, but I flew looooootsa charter with all types in the back. There were a *few* really cool actors, and as a group they're noticeably less awful than professional sportsball players, but rich people who nobody knows are the only people I'd even consider flying for a long term job.Being rich can make one become arrogant.

Being rich and famous almost always makes one become arrogant.

Flyboy68
03-13-2019, 09:05 PM
No, it doesn’t have to.
I'm sure it doesn't pay what you're making, but I think they're paying their bills. :rolleyes:

LNL76
03-14-2019, 03:35 AM
It's sometimes not the celebrities but their handlers who are the obnoxious ones.:rolleyes:

tomgoodman
03-14-2019, 05:51 AM
It's sometimes not the celebrities but their handlers who are the obnoxious ones.:rolleyes:

Probably true of “comfort animals” as well. :p

Dolphinflyer
03-15-2019, 05:54 AM
Flyboy,
It sounds like you've never been on that side of aviation. Aircraft looks mean nothing on quality of life or pay.

Famous stars and musicians continue to end up dead as a result of aviation. My educated guess is their managers and talent companies continue to use lowball charters and hire lowball people since the expenses reduce their possible management fee percentage.

As for the clients? Not always, but I found most tyrants come from a background with an axe to grind. When they ride in the back of a jet, they're busy proving to the other jet owners why they belong and even more so, telling the pilots and those attending them in the air and on the ground why they don't belong with them anymore.

This happens more with celebrities. I found most self made business owners to be pretty good. Middle management promoted into jet riding privileges? Not so much. By far, the worst were poor (hot looking) girls who married into riding the jet class.

Dougdrvr
03-15-2019, 01:38 PM
Probably true of “comfort animals” as well. :p

Friend of mine's father flew a well know singer on a demo/charter 707 around Africa and all he could talk about was the damage that pet chimpanzee did to the master suite :D

TheWeatherman
03-21-2019, 07:02 AM

Not really, flew with a captain who they tried to recruit hard. Pay was only a little bit more then he was making now but would have took a huge QOL hit. He said thanks but no thanks.

Flyboy68
03-22-2019, 07:03 AM
Not really, flew with a captain who they tried to recruit hard. Pay was only a little bit more then he was making now but would have took a huge QOL hit. He said thanks but no thanks.Well I'm basing my estimate of their pay based on how pilots are normally paid. Size and costs of the aircraft they fly is usually the main factor in pilot pay, and that's a big and expensive private jet.

Cheers.

majorpilot
03-31-2019, 04:59 PM
Being rich can make one become arrogant.

Being rich and famous almost always makes one become arrogant.

Someone wiser than I said “being rich/famous/powerful just makes you more of what you already are.”

That correlates with my experience dealing with rich/famous/powerful people.

Yes, there are those who feel they “deserve” it and couldn’t care less about those of us less deserving, but there are (fortunately) plenty who remember their humble roots and go out of their way to help those less fortunate.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1