Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Juicy LAX rumor

dera
03-17-2019, 09:04 PM
Check out flight MQ6085 on Flightaware.

(no. not serious.).

Ijustlikeflying
03-18-2019, 02:29 AM

(no. not serious.).

Says operated by compass

bh539
03-18-2019, 04:35 AM
Says operated by compass

No it doesn't

ninerdriver
03-18-2019, 04:40 AM

(no. not serious.).

There's also a CP6085.

You guys planning a drag race or something?

pitchattitude
03-18-2019, 05:22 AM
I canít remember the number, but I know there is at least one flight that regularly shows an MQ number but also shows an ASH number and is definitely flown by Mesa because I often commute on it. After it is actually flown, it only shows the Mesa flight. If you can find one that Envoy has actually flown, you might have something. All our regular flights are 3XXX or 4XXX. But when we pick up a flight that is dropped by someone else it should be a 93XX number.

Cyio
03-18-2019, 05:32 AM
I canít remember the number, but I know there is at least one flight that regularly shows an MQ number but also shows an ASH number and is definitely flown by Mesa because I often commute on it. After it is actually flown, it only shows the Mesa flight. If you can find one that Envoy has actually flown, you might have something. All our regular flights are 3XXX or 4XXX. But when we pick up a flight that is dropped by someone else it should be a 93XX number.
Great info, I didnít realize the 93xx was that. Thanks.

MD-11Loader
03-18-2019, 06:19 AM
It amazes me the hardon that people have for taking the LAX flying back. Itís not a good thing for us as a group. Why do we want to do more work for bottom rate wages?

pitchattitude
03-18-2019, 06:49 AM
It amazes me the hardon that people have for taking the LAX flying back. Itís not a good thing for us as a group. Why do we want to do more work for bottom rate wages?

It may or may not be good for Envoy pilots as a group, but there are a number of people here, both pilots and FAs, who it would be better for them, as individuals.

And then there are the people who would benefit, as individuals, by all the people above them that go to another base as well.

Just pointing this out. I donít want it to happen. It will be such a good recruiting tool for Envoy that they will be able to continue to fill classes with those extra bodies under our same miserable contract.

KodiakRS
03-18-2019, 07:17 AM
It will be such a good recruiting tool for Envoy that they will be able to continue to fill classes with those extra bodies under our same miserable contract.

I've flown with 2 FO's who came here because they heard we were opening a LAX base. Even after explaining to them how airline rumors work they both still remained hopeful and positive about LAX reopening.

I guess they'll just have to settle for an 8 year flow and eventually getting LAX 737/320.

NoValueAviator
03-18-2019, 09:13 AM

Well, I guess it depends on how you think it would affect recruiting. LAX base would probably bring the boys to the yard, even more so than today where hundreds of cadets are lining up every month to make worst-in-the-industry money. But if it didnít? Flying Envoy canít staff gives Envoy an incentive to up the ante. Theyíd probably just increase the bonus a little though.

Jamesthunder
04-27-2019, 10:51 AM
We had a brief talk with Pedro at HQ today. He said a Hawaii base is on the table. Or Fresno. He'll let us know Friday.

Soldier64
04-27-2019, 10:55 AM
He specifically did not say LAX. He did mention Alaska though.

TeeRainPULup
04-27-2019, 11:12 AM
Well if it is Hawaii we better sure as hell be the highest paid regional pilots

BigZ
04-27-2019, 11:14 AM
Well if it is Hawaii we better sure as hell be the highest paid regional pilots

Well, technically we are a major (together with Republic and SkyWest), soooo.....

Smutter
04-27-2019, 11:31 AM
It may or may not be good for Envoy pilots as a group, but there are a number of people here, both pilots and FAs, who it would be better for them, as individuals.

And then there are the people who would benefit, as individuals, by all the people above them that go to another base as well.

Just pointing this out. I donít want it to happen. It will be such a good recruiting tool for Envoy that they will be able to continue to fill classes with those extra bodies under our same miserable contract.
That's only reason LAX is a rumor here, because of the new rtp guys from out there. Not happening

Squirrel27
04-27-2019, 11:37 AM
That's only reason LAX is a rumor here, because of the new rtp guys from out there. Not happening

And Envoy used to have a base there. And American has a large hub there. And Envoy has a large ground operation there. And Compass operates a sizable flight operation there with AAG aircraft that were originally scheduled to be Eagle's before we were put in timeout. And their contract ends sometime (although nobody seems to know when exactly.)

I subscribe to the "believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see" idea in this industry. And I agree with you that an LA base is not as imminent as it's been for the past 2-5 years of rumors. I think most of it is what people are hoping for, and not based in real facts. But, there is more there than just the RTP thing. I believe the rumor even predates that program.

Voski
04-27-2019, 12:03 PM
Eagle used to have a BNA base. Iíd love a Nashville base.

pitchattitude
04-27-2019, 12:37 PM
Eagle used to have a BNA base. Iíd love a Nashville base.
Eagle also used to have a San Juan, Puerto Rico base. SJU. Letís bring that back. Iím going to officially start/revive that rumor.

Soldier64
04-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Eagle also used to have a San Juan, Puerto Rico base. SJU. Letís bring that back. Iím going to officially start/revive that rumor.

Someone asked Pedro about SJU specifically today and he said ďThatís never happening again.Ē For what thatís worth.

pitchattitude
04-27-2019, 01:49 PM
Someone asked Pedro about SJU specifically today and he said ďThatís never happening again.Ē For what thatís worth.
This is Envoy. Never let facts, logic or reality get in the way of a decision or rumor.

buddies8
04-27-2019, 03:40 PM
Instead of bits and pieces, why not just post all of what pedro said.

Jamesthunder
04-27-2019, 05:23 PM
Instead of bits and pieces, why not just post all of what pedro said.

It's hard to post all of it through the accent.

Cyio
04-27-2019, 05:54 PM
LAX is happening. July announcement. Or I could just need to use the LAV again. Iím torn.

The moose howls at the squirrel under a full summer moon.

NoValueAviator
04-28-2019, 03:43 AM
Iím surprised we donít already have a Charlotte base. A lot of LGA trips now are down to CLT followed by 3 days of 5 legs in and out of CLT. I assume because Piedmont canít staff it.

dash8trash
04-28-2019, 03:56 AM
Iím surprised we donít already have a Charlotte base. A lot of LGA trips now are down to CLT followed by 3 days of 5 legs in and out of CLT. I assume because Piedmont canít staff it.

I donít think itís a staffing issue, probably just routes better served by 135/140s. PDT is adding a decent amount of new flying next month bringing DCA into the mix.

friend
05-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Heard rumors from an American pilot LAX envoy base opening in August
Hard to believe lol!!!

flyboy94
05-03-2019, 11:41 PM
Heard rumors from an American pilot LAX envoy base opening in August
Hard to believe lol!!!

That I read somewhere Envoy cannot have any bases west of the Rockies. Or is that just a myth.

Cyio
05-04-2019, 02:33 AM
That I read somewhere Envoy cannot have any bases west of the Rockies. Or is that just a myth.

Myth. We used to have LAX so not sure why we couldn't again, in theory.

SilentLurker
05-04-2019, 05:18 AM

LAX is an Envoy base for both top side gates and bottom side ground service (someone correct me if Iím wrong). So technically LAX is already a base, just not for Envoy aircraft/flight crews.

I do believe Compass couldíve taken the DFW-Cali - DFW flights if asked. Hell even SKYWEST out of Dallas would gladly take that flying west. They selected Envoy. That is good news for Envoy.

A LAX aircraft & crew base for Envoy is a different story! Itís a different type of growth taking on 20 additional aircraft at new crew base (technically- Envoy now not Eagle). Does Envoy need growth right now?????????

bigtime209
05-04-2019, 05:32 AM
LAX is an Envoy base for both top side gates and bottom side ground service (someone correct me if Iím wrong). So technically LAX is already a base, just not for Envoy aircraft/flight crews.

I do believe Compass couldíve taken the DFW-Cali - DFW flights if asked. Hell even SKYWEST out of Dallas would gladly take that flying west. They selected Envoy. That is good news for Envoy.

A LAX aircraft & crew base for Envoy is a different story! Itís a different type of growth taking on 20 additional aircraft at new crew base (technically- Envoy now not Eagle). Does Envoy need growth right now?????????

Answer: No

NoValueAviator
05-04-2019, 05:55 AM
we need growth in our bid packets. Weíre taking on new planes but all theyíre doing is moving flying out of the 145 bid packets and dropping crappy lost days in every trip

MD-11Loader
05-04-2019, 09:15 AM
Envoy doesnít want a Cali base and to have to deal with pilots exploiting the work rules and labor laws out there. It will only add to their headache. Compass has 50 ish flights a day out of LAX. The company will find a way to do it via fly through. They craftier than the family of a dead Nigerian prince who left his money to you and just needs your SSN, checking account/routing number, and mothers maiden name in order to make you rich.

Patrickc
05-14-2019, 11:01 PM
Why are flights departing LAX going to other west coast cities like SD labeled as Envoy flights then?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ENY6043/history/20190516/0443Z/KLAX/KSAN

DilsonWic
05-15-2019, 02:50 AM
What does the NRTP say? Compass. FlightAware isnít accurate.

But I did hear that a friends boyfriends housekeeper has a daughter that is a FA for Envoy, she says LAX will be open within a fortnight.

pitchattitude
05-15-2019, 03:16 AM
Why are flights departing LAX going to other west coast cities like SD labeled as Envoy flights then?

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ENY6043/history/20190516/0443Z/KLAX/KSAN

Look it up as an AAL flight and look at a flight that has already been flown. You will see CPZ. Also, Envoy revenue flights are 3XXX and 4XXX. CPZ uses 6XXX and ASH 5XXX for American flights. I have seen the same thing of flights listed as an ENY flight and ASH flight but were flown by ASH. Not sure why they do that.

But, even if it was ACTUALLY an ENY flight, ENY does through flying at other hubs as well. Such as CLT and DCA. Donít hear of Envoy getting a base there.

pitchattitude
05-15-2019, 03:18 AM

But I did hear that a friends boyfriends housekeeper has a daughter that is a FA for Envoy, she says LAX will be open within a fortnight.
Is that a twice a week thing or every two week thing?

LineUpAndPay
05-15-2019, 06:13 AM
I had a buddy who checked into the Ritz a little bit north of LAX near Santa Monica, he said that while they were checking in hotel staff was seen rolling up a banner that said “Welcome Envoy Flight Crews” and put it in a back room. I am pretty sure that means we are about to get some fly through at least with LAX overnights.

rld1k
05-15-2019, 06:26 AM

I heard we should get an update bifortnightly

pitchattitude
05-15-2019, 07:00 AM
I had a buddy who checked into the Ritz a little bit north of LAX near Santa Monica, he said that while they were checking in hotel staff was seen rolling up a banner that said ďWelcome Envoy Flight CrewsĒ and put it in a back room. I am pretty sure that means we are about to get some fly through at least with LAX overnights.
The Ritz. Yeah. If you had said LaQuinta or Holiday Inn, it might have a little more cred.

crj700
05-15-2019, 09:25 AM

Thank you, Simone.

CO Jones
05-22-2019, 10:58 AM
The Ritz. Yeah. If you had said LaQuinta or Holiday Inn, it might have a little more cred.
He didn't say Ritz Carlton, but this one fits the bill https://theritzonberendo.bhprop.com/ or this one https://www.ritzapartmentliving.com/

pitchattitude
06-15-2019, 01:39 PM
I guess Compass is going to get their contract renewed.

Envoy canít staff those 20 planes from Compass and LAX now that they reneged on a pay increase.

UncreativeUser
06-15-2019, 02:38 PM
I guess Compass is going to get their contract renewed.

Envoy canít staff those 20 planes from Compass and LAX now that they reneged on a pay increase.

Source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soldier64
06-15-2019, 03:11 PM
The company wonít need to pay us when the announce LAX. West coast folks will fill classes.

pitchattitude
06-15-2019, 05:00 PM
Source?

You missed the point. Without a pay raise and Envoy having definitively said they wonít give a pay raise, there will be more people bail and fewer people come to Envoy. If AAG sees Envoy unable to staff, they are more likely to renew the Compass contract, or at least extend it.

UncreativeUser
06-15-2019, 05:07 PM
You missed the point. Without a pay raise and Envoy having definitively said they wonít give a pay raise, there will be more people bail and fewer people come to Envoy. If AAG sees Envoy unable to staff, they are more likely to renew the Compass contract, or at least extend it.

Thatís just negative thinking, but not an unrealistic thought. However I think for that to happen we are gonna have to go more than one class to be less than 10 pilots, right?

pitchattitude
06-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Thatís just negative thinking,

Actually, thatís positive thinking. That Envoy has taken a step that defines their position as opposed to just doing nothing and kicking the can down the runway.

UncreativeUser
06-15-2019, 05:49 PM
Actually, thatís positive thinking. That Envoy has taken a step that defines their position as opposed to just doing nothing and kicking the can down the runway.

Sorry for some reason it only posted one sentence, I re-edited it.

Itís deflating for sure I agree with you on that.

amcnd
06-15-2019, 07:45 PM
The company wonít need to pay us when the announce LAX. West coast folks will fill classes.

Exactly. Donít underestimate the power of a shiny jet on the west coast... it got me back in 1998. Eagle Saab LAX base...

pitchattitude
06-15-2019, 08:11 PM
I have said this for some time, myself. But if AAG thinks Envoy canít staff them, there will be no announcement.

Hopefully Envoy pulling out and shooting a blank will finally start to hurt recruitment.

Big C
06-24-2019, 04:25 AM
The CA im flying with interviewed last week and was hired for the LAX chief pilot position. He comes off the line next week to begin some sort of training in DFW.

pitchattitude
06-24-2019, 04:36 AM
The CA im flying with interviewed last week and was hired for the LAX chief pilot position. He comes off the line next week to begin some sort of training in DFW.
Yeah. Been hearing that for the last six months or more. You pull his HI10?

buddies8
06-24-2019, 04:38 AM
Actually if not wrong, the company cannot do that without posting a vacancy for it. Guess they can say it's a non active base and get around it. Or, as has been before, they select the one they want in the position then put a vacancy bid out to comply with rules.

Cyio
06-24-2019, 05:46 AM
Actually if not wrong, the company cannot do that without posting a vacancy for it. Guess they can say it's a non active base and get around it. Or, as has been before, they select the one they want in the position then put a vacancy bid out to comply with rules.

Yeah they have ways around this and it is done all the time with companies. You know the person you want, basically offer them the position and then throw a job posting up at the last minute giving people time to apply. Its just an HR checkbox that needs filled.

However, we have been hearing this forever and nothing has come of it so, I am skeptical. Honestly I hope I am very wrong.

Squirrel27
06-24-2019, 05:56 AM
Yeah they have ways around this and it is done all the time with companies. You know the person you want, basically offer them the position and then throw a job posting up at the last minute giving people time to apply. Its just an HR checkbox that needs filled.

However, we have been hearing this forever and nothing has come of it so, I am skeptical. Honestly I hope I am very wrong.

IF you are wrong, (and that's a big if), I hope we get the AIP before LA opens. Imagine the flood of new cadets we'll get from the west coast.

Cyio
06-24-2019, 06:16 AM
IF you are wrong, (and that's a big if), I hope we get the AIP before LA opens. Imagine the flood of new cadets we'll get from the west coast.

Yes we will get new applicants, but I think it would take awhile. Any new base would need 4-6 months of prep before even opening. If that held true, I think most that are ready to go 121 will be looking at Skywest for their immediate 121 job. Once we get LAX, I am confident the flood gates would open.

I agree though, the AIP needs to come first.

Squirrel27
06-24-2019, 06:23 AM
Yes we will get new applicants, but I think it would take awhile. Any new base would need 4-6 months of prep before even opening. If that held true, I think most that are ready to go 121 will be looking at Skywest for their immediate 121 job. Once we get LAX, I am confident the flood gates would open.

I agree though, the AIP needs to come first.

I was pretty new when MIA reopened and don't remember; how long after it was announced was our first flying there? 4-6 months? Same with NY before that?

Did they do a special vacancy bid for it? Or if they announced LA tomorrow, would the bid for it likely be 3 months from now in the "regularly scheduled" vacancy?

dera
06-24-2019, 07:18 AM

That guy has been telling that same story for a long time.

rld1k
06-24-2019, 07:23 AM

Stop spreading the rumor it's BS

Cyio
06-24-2019, 08:15 AM
I was pretty new when MIA reopened and don't remember; how long after it was announced was our first flying there? 4-6 months? Same with NY before that?

Did they do a special vacancy bid for it? Or if they announced LA tomorrow, would the bid for it likely be 3 months from now in the "regularly scheduled" vacancy?

There would be vacancy. Again this has been a rumor now for nearly three years, so I wouldn't get to excited just yet. However, I wouldn't be blown over if they announced it. I have heard for some time that they announcement would come in July, so we shall see.

chrisreedrules
06-24-2019, 10:27 AM
Summer 2020. Envoy LAX. PSA DFW.

MD-11Loader
06-24-2019, 11:19 AM
Summer 2020. Envoy LAX. PSA DFW.

Canít wait for lavstreak to try and come into our crewroom. Hope the find you somewhere by B3 so we arenít anywhere near you all.

Cyio
06-24-2019, 01:10 PM
Canít wait for lavstreak to try and come into our crewroom. Hope the find you somewhere by B3 so we arenít anywhere near you all.
Your not DFW based anyway, so thankfully wonít have to deal with them. Lol

MD-11Loader
06-24-2019, 01:16 PM
Your not DFW based anyway, so thankfully wonít have to deal with them. Lol

I feel like I am. I spend enough time sitting around there lately because of the weather and weird schedules.

chrisreedrules
06-24-2019, 01:55 PM

I believe itís pronounced Brownstreak...

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1