Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Red redder reddest

seafeye
03-24-2019, 07:46 AM
Ok. I need the cliff notes for trading a redder than red trip. I have lite Sabre but might need some ideas on how to get out of those red eye trips. If possible.

Thx

mainlineAF
03-24-2019, 08:11 AM
3 options.

1-TTS
2-TTOT (via litesabre or regular sabre)
3- post it for drop

Easiest way to do TTOT is go into Sabre in APA app then HI, HISEQ, N4TL. That brings up all the currently legal trips you can trade for.

Name User
03-24-2019, 08:47 AM
Keep checking. I think litesabre will keep submitting automatically. But I've used the APA app successfully to do it. Someone told me the best time to do it too, I think it was like 2am-6am IIRC.

airlinegypsy
03-24-2019, 08:57 AM
Iíve had some success with TTS when TTOT gives me the redder than red BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arado 234
03-24-2019, 09:45 AM
Did you know that at Frontier you can drop unrestricted down to 60 hours?

Here you get redder bs. What a joke!

Floobs
03-24-2019, 10:03 AM
Just call in sick. That way you get rid of the trip and still get paid.

AAfng
03-24-2019, 11:02 AM

That would be sweet. Id do that every month. 11 days a work is about right for me

OVBIII
03-24-2019, 12:41 PM
Keep checking. I think litesabre will keep submitting automatically. But I've used the APA app successfully to do it. Someone told me the best time to do it too, I think it was like 2am-6am IIRC.

I donít want to sound factual without legit proof to show but I think that 2-6 sounds plausible. I have noticed (in the very rare cases I had decent sequences) a few of my trips be green in that window then be red about 7AM. I also try to use all three systems concurrently to drop or trade....I just have to constantly remind myself that whatever I adjust in one I must adjust in the others. It gets to be a pain but I like to imagine it increases my odds

Buzzlightyear
03-24-2019, 02:19 PM
For anybody else perusing these halls contemplating AA be forewarned the company has nearly locked down the schedule so there is little to no flexibility. If you are top 20% with a weekday day trip or possibly a two day you MIGHT be able to drop. If youíre like the rest of the 80% working weekends or partial weekends itís not going to happen.

To add insult to injury to trade a trip that is undesirable for an equally undesirable trip but possibly on a different day that trip needs to be on a day with worse staffing. Canít even trade for an equally bad trip on an equally bad staffing day. Red/redder.

Still looking for that culture change.

Machwon
03-24-2019, 06:09 PM
3 options.

1-TTS
3- post it for drop

Easiest way to do TTOT is go into Sabre in APA app then HI, HISEQ, N4TL. That brings up all the currently legal trips you can trade for.

I apologize for this question as I am new, but whatís TTS?

Rawhide16
03-24-2019, 06:22 PM
I apologize for this question as I am new, but whatís TTS?

Trip Trade System

Machwon
03-24-2019, 06:27 PM
Trip Trade System

Is that any different from TTOT?

UPTme
03-24-2019, 06:33 PM
Yes.

Get on compass project page in APA and learn yoself.

TTS twice daily, seniority based. I'd guess less than 5 percent of trades done there.

TTOT is whenever TTS is not running. That's where you generally do your damage. I just dropped a 3 day and traded a 3 day for a 2 day. Hiseq in APA app or Decs to see what your options are.

Machwon
03-24-2019, 06:48 PM
Yes.

Get on compass project page in APA and learn yoself.

TTS twice daily, seniority based. I'd guess less than 5 percent of trades done there.

TTOT is whenever TTS is not running. That's where you generally do your damage. I just dropped a 3 day and traded a 3 day for a 2 day. Hiseq in APA app or Decs to see what your options are.

Thank you I will crack open that compass page and do some research!

CopeyPaste
03-24-2019, 08:30 PM
Download quicktrade in the app store. Not as many features as litesabre, but the interface is far superior. $5/month and I believe the first couple of months are free.

EMBFlyer
03-25-2019, 06:11 AM
LiteSabre has a Red/Redder function. Try the trade first. When it doesn't go through because of Red/Redder, set up the AutoTrade in LiteSabre. Use the Create Red/Redder option.

seafeye
03-25-2019, 07:53 AM
3 options.

1-TTS
3- post it for drop

Thank you

I was able to change 2 trips. I still have 2 redeyes that I canít get out of. The N4TL shows no trips available for trade. Iíll keep trying. Thx.

mainlineAF
03-25-2019, 08:06 AM
Thank you

I was able to change 2 trips. I still have 2 redeyes that I canít get out of. The N4TL shows no trips available for trade. Iíll keep trying. Thx.

So since thereís nothing available for those two trips at this moment thatís when youíd want to go ahead and set up your parameters for an autotrade in litesabre. Then if anything becomes available that you like you can grab it.

DarinFred
03-25-2019, 08:17 AM
Iíve had pretty good success with trip trading, even after the lock down. You may have to trade a trip numerous times in TTOT in order to get something you want. Also, Iíve noticed red/redder loosen up a few days before the trip begins.

Machwon
03-25-2019, 09:52 AM
Im a first time line holder and still figuring all this out. It seems two of my sequences next month have cancelations from the MAX. Until these sequences are fixed I am unable to trade anything. Does anyone know how far out they have been fixing these sequences ? Iíd like to trade some stuff before itís too late.

symbian simian
03-25-2019, 10:05 AM

Not very relevant, but NK you can drop down to zero every month, provided reserve coverage is adequate. CS is required to make at least 75% of the days green when opening the schedule for drops/trades.

biigD
03-25-2019, 10:33 AM
Im a first time line holder and still figuring all this out. It seems two of my sequences next month have cancelations from the MAX. Until these sequences are fixed I am unable to trade anything. Does anyone know how far out they have been fixing these sequences ? Iíd like to trade some stuff before itís too late.

I have the same problem. It's definitely frustrating. Scheduling doesn't seem to have an ETA to fix the continuity issue.

biigD
03-25-2019, 10:42 AM
Not very relevant, but NK you can drop down to zero every month, provided reserve coverage is adequate. CS is required to make at least 75% of the days green when opening the schedule for drops/trades.

We can drop to zero, but what we're missing is the requirement of x number of trips to be green. With some creative trading I've always been able to work around this and drop to whatever I want, but that's heavily dependent on base and equipment - I'm just lucky to be in the category I'm in.

Hopefully in the upcoming contract we can figure this out. There are just as many open time/premium *****s as there are guys that want to drop to stay home. It seems like this should be an easy fix, and it'd benefit the guys like me that fly 12-14 days and just like the flexibility of trading stuff around to accommodate my life at home.

Tranquility
03-31-2019, 01:28 PM

70%....
Filler

symbian simian
03-31-2019, 02:55 PM
70%....
Filler

Oops, thanks.

Tranquility
03-31-2019, 03:36 PM
Oops, thanks.

Actually, no, I just verified it and you were correct... I will insert my foot in my mouth.... DOH!!! :rolleyes::o

My apologies.