Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Interview to class date

harrier1231
03-24-2019, 08:47 PM
Hey Envoyans, I have a mentee who is interested in flying for Envoy. Has an upcoming interview. Does anyone know how far Envoy is out from interview to class date?

Thanks!

dera
03-24-2019, 08:49 PM
Hey Envoyans, I have a mentee who is interested in flying for Envoy. Has an upcoming interview. Does anyone know how far Envoy is out from interview to class date?

Thanks!

2-3 weeks, depending how your background check results come back and align with a captain review board.

harrier1231
03-24-2019, 08:54 PM
2-3 weeks, depending how your background check results come back and align with a captain review board.

That's incredible! Ok thanks. Much faster than many of the other regionals, they seem to be slowing down at several. Thanks!

Tyrion
03-24-2019, 11:00 PM
That's incredible! Ok thanks. Much faster than many of the other regionals, they seem to be slowing down at several. Thanks!

There are good reasons for that... an FO going through training and doing 3 months of reserve at Envoy, while waiting for their Republic class start date to arrive is not unheard of. It's funny how better pay and work rules create a backlog for new hire classes.

dera
03-24-2019, 11:09 PM
There are good reasons for that... an FO going through training and doing 3 months of reserve at Envoy, while waiting for their Republic class start date to arrive is not unheard of. It's funny how better pay and work rules create a backlog for new hire classes.

It works the other way too. I cancelled my class date with Republic to come to Envoy.

Big difference between interviewing a ton of people, "hiring" everyone no matter their qualifications, and then throttling the class dates (like Republic did last year to fill up 2019), and just interviewing a limited amount of people (like Envoy).

Both airlines have full classes.

pitchattitude
03-25-2019, 03:22 AM
It works the other way too. I cancelled my class date with Republic to come to Envoy.

Big difference between interviewing a ton of people, "hiring" everyone no matter their qualifications, and then throttling the class dates (like Republic did last year to fill up 2019), and just interviewing a limited amount of people (like Envoy).

Interview at Envoy and where you want to be. Accept both offers. Start at Envoy and then go to the other when you finally get a class.

MD-11Loader
03-25-2019, 03:58 AM

Time will tell if that was the right decision. The contract disparity is vast between the two. You might come to regret it eventually.

Tyrion
03-25-2019, 06:05 AM
Time will tell if that was the right decision. The contract disparity is vast between the two. You might come to regret it eventually.

I doubt it in Dera's case. He's probably living in base, and probably will never notice the difference of 2-3K in his paycheck every month. He's also seems content to wait for the flow.

in2deep
03-25-2019, 07:04 AM
Interview at Envoy and where you want to be. Accept both offers. Start at Envoy and then go to the other when you finally get a class.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have read today. You are doing nothing but ****ting on your own resume.

dera
03-25-2019, 07:31 AM
I doubt it in Dera's case. He's probably living in base, and probably will never notice the difference of 2-3K in his paycheck every month. He's also seems content to wait for the flow.

I live in base, and there's no regional worth commuting for.

pitchattitude
03-25-2019, 07:31 AM
This has to be the dumbest thing I have read today. You are doing nothing but ****ting on your own resume.
People leave jobs for something that suits them better all the time. Give notice and expect to pay back the bonus. Or come to Envoy and expect to live with everything that we have here. Or wait the next six to twelve months for a job somewhere else.

in2deep
03-25-2019, 07:34 AM
People leave jobs for something that suits them better all the time. Give notice and expect to pay back the bonus. Or come to Envoy and expect to live with everything that we have here. Or wait the next six to twelve months for a job somewhere else.

Leaving a real job after a few months is a black mark. Plenty of companies worth working for would see that and throw out your app. 1 year is standard.

skyemiles2
04-24-2019, 02:35 AM

How often do the captain review boards happen?

Cyio
04-24-2019, 02:37 AM
How often do the captain review boards happen?

I know it used to be every week, not sure if that is still the standard or not. It used to happen on Fridays.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1