Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Changes coming?

normalperson
04-13-2019, 05:20 PM
A few rumors are out there = 700s leaving IAD and going to DEN and supposedly doubling the number of lines? Anyone heard that? Also, some ejets going to IAD to cover the 700 lines?

pangolin
04-13-2019, 09:34 PM
A few rumors are out there = 700s leaving IAD and going to DEN and supposedly doubling the number of lines? Anyone heard that? Also, some ejets going to IAD to cover the 700 lines?

Heard it. Solid facts are:
We are finally equipping the 700s with ADSB
Mesa purchased at least half of the 700s from the leasing companies. This is in their SEC filings.

With the announcement of united wanting to convert 700s to 550s and use them on business heavy routes DEN makes sense. The new 550s would be good at high altitude airports and would reduce FA staffing requirements.

Donít believe it till you can bid it.

jetlag q
04-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Whatís the possibility of the EJets coming to iad?

Santos Dumont
04-14-2019, 08:06 AM
Heard it. Solid facts are:
We are finally equipping the 700s with ADSB
Mesa purchased at least half of the 700s from the leasing companies. This is in their SEC filings.

With the announcement of united wanting to convert 700s to 550s and use them on business heavy routes DEN makes sense. The new 550s would be good at high altitude airports and would reduce FA staffing requirements.

Donít believe it till you can bid it.

And that right there would be a rumour. Isn't GoJet already the 550 operator chosen by United? They already have a solid Denver base.

Whatís the possibility of the EJets coming to iad?

The E-Jets have been at IAD for about 4 years now. I think the proper question to ask is "What's the possibility of Mesa opening an E-Jet crew domicile at IAD?" And the answer would be directly proportional to the possibility of IAD ceasing to be a CRJ crew domicile.

pangolin
04-14-2019, 09:44 AM
And that right there would be a rumour. Isn't GoJet already the 550 operator chosen by United? They already have a solid Denver base.

The E-Jets have been at IAD for about 4 years now. I think the proper question to ask is "What's the possibility of Mesa opening an E-Jet crew domicile at IAD?" And the answer would be directly proportional to the possibility of IAD ceasing to be a CRJ crew domicile.

Nothing says GoJet is the exclusive CRJ550 for United. United said they wanted 50 550s. GoJet has 25 700 airframes that could be converted. Bombardier isnít making new ones. This is a conversion. We have 20. Easy to do!

I stated two facts that are fact. No rumor involved.

NovemberBravo
04-14-2019, 11:16 AM
I thought it was fact that Gojet was closing Denver and there UA hubs would be EWR and ORD only...leaving a void in Denver. Theyíve been telling new hires that Denver was happening for a few months now Iím surprised it took this long for someone to post on the forum about it.

Melit
04-14-2019, 12:25 PM
I thought it was fact that Gojet was closing Denver and there UA hubs would be EWR and ORD only...leaving a void in Denver. Theyíve been telling new hires that Denver was happening for a few months now Iím surprised it took this long for someone to post on the forum about it.

I hear OO is expanding in DEN.

NovemberBravo
04-14-2019, 01:29 PM

Trust me almost all the IAD guys hope youíre right.

zondaracer
04-14-2019, 01:35 PM

33% increase in departures.