Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Renew Passport

ERAUAV8TR
04-29-2019, 01:14 PM
Best way to renew passport quickly?

SiouxPilot2012
04-29-2019, 02:41 PM
Best way to renew passport quickly?

Hey, I just did a same day passport renewal last week.

There are local passport offices throughout the country (Dallas and Chicago etc.) that have government passport offices downtown.

Make an appointment ahead of time and bring all the documents to include a letter from the employer on company letterhead stating you need a passport daily for work.

When you google the locations you can make an appointment online from the government website.

When you show up at your 9AM appointment you bring your paperwork and they started handing out passports at 1:30PM. I was in and out in an hour each time for the pick up and drop off.

If you go through a official government office and not a third party company you do not pay any extra money for doing a same day passport renewal than a standard expedited passport.

pitchattitude
04-29-2019, 06:49 PM
Hey, I just did a same day passport renewal last week.

There are local passport offices throughout the country (Dallas and Chicago etc.) that have government passport offices downtown.

Make an appointment ahead of time and bring all the documents to include a letter from the employer on company letterhead stating you need a passport daily for work.

When you google the locations you can make an appointment online from the government website.

When you show up at your 9AM appointment you bring your paperwork and they started handing out passports at 1:30PM. I was in and out in an hour each time for the pick up and drop off.

If you go through a official government office and not a third party company you do not pay any extra money for doing a same day passport renewal than a standard expedited passport.
Doesn’t the company pay for the renewal?

uavking
04-29-2019, 07:21 PM
Doesn’t the company pay for the renewal?

Reimbursed IAW our contract. Global Entry is reimbursed as well.

RawHide
04-29-2019, 07:42 PM
Also cpo should give you the time off on sa to renew

SiouxPilot2012
04-30-2019, 03:38 PM
Reimbursed IAW our contract. Global Entry is reimbursed as well.

True. I also submitted an expense report.