Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : DFW training hotel?

iFlyStick
05-13-2019, 07:31 AM
Just curious if anyone knows which hotel Envoy is currently using during training.
Thanks in advance.

MD-11Loader
05-13-2019, 07:34 AM
Just curious if anyone knows which hotel Envoy is currently using during training.
Thanks in advance.

Of course we do. Itís a dump in Bedford that is part of the IHG network. Hope you like black mold.

rld1k
05-13-2019, 07:39 AM
Rest assured you will have all the mold spots and food poisoning you could hope for.

BIueSideUp
05-13-2019, 07:54 AM
Bring your car if at all possible for long term

pitchattitude
05-13-2019, 08:31 AM
Thanks in advance.
You should have gone with SkyWest.

Things at Envoy pretty much go down hill from starting with the glorious accommodations in training.

ERAUAV8TR
05-13-2019, 09:08 AM
Not to mention lots of cockroaches 🐜 enjoy! AA la quinta training hotel is just as bad if not worse:/

dvtpilot
05-13-2019, 03:53 PM
What happened to that hotel is going away Iíve heard from the hotel committee members a few times this year already?

That place sucks.

wiz5422
05-13-2019, 04:07 PM
You should have gone with SkyWest.

Things at Envoy pretty much go down hill from starting with the glorious accommodations in training.

What do you expect. Once they have them accept the.bonus money they have them hooked. So why give them anything better?

Plus it is just a taste of What is to come.for them working at envoy.

pitchattitude
05-13-2019, 05:30 PM
What happened to that hotel is going away Iíve heard from the hotel committee members a few times this year already?

That place sucks.
As many hotels as there are in the DFW area, there are even more being built. Supply < Demand and just like pilots, Envoy wonít pay anymore than they can get away with.

NoValueAviator
05-13-2019, 06:37 PM
I personally know pilots who were hospitalized due to black mold exposure at the HI Bedford. More than one. Extreme safety issues, and literally no one likes the hotel. I think someone is getting kickbacks for keeping us there. Not all that surprising really.

Houpilot2001
05-13-2019, 06:47 PM
Crew care it every night you're there. As a matter of fact, crew care all hotels that are not up to par. It may seem trivial and a waste of 5 mins, but if enough of us do it, something will change (fingers crossed)

You can also request the atrium if there are rooms available.

Also, the Hawthorne is now a crew hotel, but it's no better than HI Bedford. I stayed there 3 nights in a row. 1st night, no hot water. 2nd night no towels or soaps. 3rd night was the best.

Last 2 days, their phone wasnt working so you had to call the hotel desk to get a # to a random cell phone. Also, the exterior is falling down, the roof is missing half of its shingles, and the 3rd floor was flooded from rains. They had buckets and fans catching water and trying to dry it out.

havick206
05-13-2019, 06:49 PM
Of course we do. Itís a dump in Bedford that is part of the IHG network. Hope you like black mold.

Donít forget the brown horror that turns up the tub occasional without notice

BIueSideUp
05-13-2019, 07:04 PM

Pretty sure they get their shower curtains from the prison dumpsters judging by the way some of them smell.

pitchattitude
05-13-2019, 07:28 PM
Yeah, the sludge from the Black Lagoon was great to wake up to.

blackbox348
05-14-2019, 08:02 AM
Crew care it every night you're there. As a matter of fact, crew care all hotels that are not up to par. It may seem trivial and a waste of 5 mins, but if enough of us do it, something will change (fingers crossed)

You can also request the atrium if there are rooms available.

Also, the Hawthorne is now a crew hotel, but it's no better than HI Bedford. I stayed there 3 nights in a row. 1st night, no hot water. 2nd night no towels or soaps. 3rd night was the best.

Last 2 days, their phone wasnt working so you had to call the hotel desk to get a # to a random cell phone. Also, the exterior is falling down, the roof is missing half of its shingles, and the 3rd floor was flooded from rains. They had buckets and fans catching water and trying to dry it out.

If that was the case I feel like the Holiday Inn SGF would have been gone a loooong time ago.

EnyFlyr
05-14-2019, 09:24 AM
If that was the case I feel like the Holiday Inn SGF would have been gone a loooong time ago.

This has got to be one of the sh***est hotels I have ever stayed at. I have submitted so many crew cares and it is still around.

Erj135dude
05-14-2019, 09:41 AM
What's the name of the fancy hotel?

Houpilot2001
05-14-2019, 12:04 PM
This has got to be one of the sh***est hotels I have ever stayed at. I have submitted so many crew cares and it is still around.

Agreed. I do as well. I also call the committee about it.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1