Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

BarrySeal
05-15-2019, 06:11 AM
How far prior to separation date will Envoy call you for interview.

rld1k
05-15-2019, 07:27 AM
Separation date from what?

CaseTractor
05-15-2019, 08:07 AM
I don't think it has any hard fast rules. CJO is good for one year, so potentially that far out. Realistically they'd prolly put more priority on a guy 6-3 months out, knowing you are a more sure bet not to stray in that timeframe.

If you have terminal leave saved up, you could start class while on that and keep the pay and benefits.

Since the process from interview to class can take some time, I'd say interview NLT than 2 months out from separation.

BarrySeal
05-15-2019, 08:59 AM
Separation date from what?

this is terminology associated to military retirements, govt retirement, etc.

Varsity
05-15-2019, 09:41 AM
You should go somewhere else.

Envoy isn't even a competitive place to work.

BarrySeal
05-15-2019, 11:47 AM
You should go somewhere else.

Envoy isn't even a competitive place to work.

can you expand on this ?

pitchattitude
05-15-2019, 11:55 AM
can you expand on this ?
Have you not read ANY other thread on this forum??

Varsity
05-15-2019, 11:55 AM
can you expand on this ?

We make 20% less than our competitors. 25% or more less if you include soft pay.

We have horrendous schedules (the crumbs of AAs Eagle file) and extremely hostile management.

If you want to make less money, fly 300 hours a year, sit airport standby 8 hours a day and get fired, this is the place for you.

Otherwise, Skywest is a good option. You wont flow to AA from envoy in the next decade so toss that idea.

BarrySeal
05-15-2019, 11:57 AM
We make 20% less than our competitors. 25% or more less if you include soft pay.

We have horrendous schedules (the crumbs of AAs Eagle file) and extremely hostile management.

If you want to make less money, fly 300 hours a year, sit airport standby 8 hours a day and get fired, this is the place for you.

Otherwise, Skywest is a good option. You wont flow to AA from envoy in the next decade so toss that idea.

Thank you....

CaseTractor
05-15-2019, 12:25 PM
I don't think it has any hard fast rules. CJO is good for one year, so potentially that far out. Realistically they'd prolly put more priority on a guy 6-3 months out, knowing you are a more sure bet not to stray in that timeframe.

If you have terminal leave saved up, you could start class while on that and keep the pay and benefits.

Since the process from interview to class can take some time, I'd say interview NLT than 2 months out from separation.

I was originally focused on your question about timeline, but this applies anywhere. I would strongly suggest going somewhere else. Expressjet or Endeavor would be a strong bet for now.