Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : DFW Terminal F

BarrySeal
05-20-2019, 11:45 AM
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/dfw-airport/2019/05/20/american-airlines-dfw-airport-strike-deal-build-new-3billion-terminal

Wow, kinda shocked that business is so good. Congrats to AA

AAfng
05-20-2019, 11:59 AM
They canít handle the flights they have now out of DFW.

Arado 234
05-20-2019, 12:06 PM
https://www.dallasnews.com/business/dfw-airport/2019/05/20/american-airlines-dfw-airport-strike-deal-build-new-3billion-terminal

Wow, kinda shocked that business is so good. Congrats to AA

It's gonna be the mega super master base!

Name User
05-20-2019, 01:40 PM
I think that's great. Anything that can help this company expand is good. However I question the motives. I have a hunch the reason they are sucking up all available space is because they don't want another airline to swoop in and make DFW a mini hub.

That being said it makes me excited they are wrapping this up. They are, actually, thinking long term on this one. Seriously, Kudos to Doug and Isom. I was wondering when they would announce it.

OVBIII
05-20-2019, 02:39 PM
It's gonna be the mega super master base!

Theyíve gone from suck to blow! (Name that movie)

PRS Guitars
05-20-2019, 09:02 PM
Theyíve gone from suck to blow! (Name that movie)

SpaceBalls! Love Mel Brooks movies.

TransWorld
05-20-2019, 09:50 PM
DFW has space for realistically 10 (theoretically 13) terminals. F would be number 6.

OVBIII
05-21-2019, 06:04 AM
SpaceBalls! Love Mel Brooks movies.

Yes indeed!

RhinoBallAuto
05-21-2019, 09:49 AM
The question still remains if that additional capacity will be served by mainline or WOs....

Name User
05-21-2019, 10:24 AM
The question still remains if that additional capacity will be served by mainline or WOs....

Depending on how things go over the next five years it's quite possible one hub will be "de-emphasized" and the flying brought to DFW.

Al Czervik
05-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Depending on how things go over the next five years it's quite possible one hub will be "de-emphasized" and the flying brought to DFW.

PHX?..........

Name User
05-22-2019, 04:06 AM
PHX?..........

I'm not sure it just seems really aggressive. It's what, a 25% expansion of gates in DFW?

ipdanno
05-22-2019, 04:36 PM

ďAll your bases are belong to us!Ē

Omniscient
05-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Glad to see they are going to fix that disaster that is Terminal C. As a Spirit pilot, who enjoys the remodeled Terminal E, I was shocked at how bad Terminal C was last week during the weather meltdown with AA. Seriously, come on...its your main base and you let it look like the passenger terminal in Kabul. Just amazed AA let it get that bad. It reminds me of the old Spirit terminal in FLL that looked like a third world refugee camp.

AAfng
05-22-2019, 05:18 PM
[QUOTE=Omniscient;2824652]Glad to see they are going to fix that disaster that is Terminal C. As a Spirit pilot, who enjoys the remodeled Terminal E, I was shocked at how bad Terminal C was last week during the weather meltdown with AA. Seriously, come on...its your main base and you let it look like the passenger terminal in Kabul. Just amazed AA let it get that bad. It reminds me of the old Spirit terminal in FLL that looked like a third world refugee camp.[/QUOTE

CLT is waaay worse than DFW. Ive been to kabul multiple times and it is more like LGA than dfw. Just saying

Omniscient
05-22-2019, 06:19 PM
CLT is waaay worse than DFW. Ive been to kabul multiple times and it is more like LGA than dfw. Just saying

But does it have the delicious ISAF food like Kabul did? I was able to get imported prosciutto at the Kabul airport...I bet I cant get that at LGA. Just Saying :D

Floobs
05-22-2019, 07:23 PM
PHX?..........

Chicago I would bet.

flightlessbirds
05-22-2019, 07:37 PM
I wouldnít bet on AA giving up on ORD. They got the first round of new gates there with the L-stinger over UAL. Yields higher than PHX. New terminal in works to co-locate all the OneWorld traffic in the same terminal.

PHX is low yield O/D and not nearly as critical for connecting traffic in AAís network as say CLT. More or less redundant with DFW and LAX. Only if we see a major AA LAX drawdown would I bet on PHX staying as large as it currently is.

HardLemonade
05-26-2019, 11:39 AM
Slightly on topic..how does the future of PHL look? I'm thinking of strapping my belongings on to the back of my mountain bike and making a move to Philly...just hoping it's not going to be the world's most epic backfire.

ORDinary
05-26-2019, 01:31 PM
Slightly on topic..how does the future of PHL look? I'm thinking of strapping my belongings on to the back of my mountain bike and making a move to Philly...just hoping it's not going to be the world's most epic backfire.

I'm far from an expert but considering they just spent millions on the international terminal and have been adding Europe trips I would say it's good.

Name User
05-27-2019, 10:43 AM

The population of Philly is growing albeit fairly slowly. Roughly 1%-2% per year. At least it's not in decline. I think from a seniority standpoint it's an awesome move - it's junior and has a ton of commuters, so there is lots of opportunity for OG/premium when weather hits. It also gets quite a bit of storms in both the summer and winter months, and we tend to be cancel happy when that happens.

I actually considered it too, it has some pretty areas outside the city that can be rural. The worst part is the property taxes so just buy a smaller home, and there are areas that aren't as bad. The state income tax isn't bad at around 3%.

ag386
05-27-2019, 10:59 AM

Shoulda stayed at Envoy brah.

drinksonme
05-27-2019, 05:01 PM
PHX?..........

Per Parker at a Crew News PHX is a tier 2 hub. He broke all hubs down by 1-3. LAX is maxed out, and canít serve all the cities AA wants to serve with frequency. PHX handles much of the west coast/mountain region flying. It is very important to the company and provides relief for LAX AND DFW. Itís the 6th or 7th largest city, depending on whatever matrix, in the USA, a vacation destination, and has many companies inside its boarders.

SWA would laugh and take all the domestic and some international flying if AA left, and AA would never get any of it back. I believe PHX will stay for a lot longer than people think. Not all the traffic to the mountains and west can flow through DFW and LAX. Letís not even get started on how much PHX cleans up the East Coast and Central weather issues. A lot the passengers were never suppose to go through PHX, but have to when DFW goes to hell.

PRS Guitars
05-28-2019, 04:33 PM

I was pretty dang close to moving there this year. Staying put because we decided we donít want to uproot the kids again, so weíll wait it out. I think itís a great base from which to leverage your seniority. You can bid, PHL, LGA, & DCA. PHL will be getting 787ís most likely. We were looking in Bucks County and north of Lancaster in a town called Lititz. You can buy a lot more house towards Lancaster. State tax is a Flat rate (my preferred tax style) just above 3%. Property taxes are way higher than in Colorado, but probably a bit lower than the metroplex. Each county has its own income tax of between .5% and 1% (mostly 1%). One could live a great life out there on our salaries.

SkyJunky
05-28-2019, 08:31 PM
Per Parker at a Crew News PHX is a tier 2 hub. He broke all hubs down by 1-3. LAX is maxed out, and canít serve all the cities AA wants to serve with frequency. PHX handles much of the west coast/mountain region flying. It is very important to the company and provides relief for LAX AND DFW. Itís the 6th or 7th largest city, depending on whatever matrix, in the USA, a vacation destination, and has many companies inside its boarders.

SWA would laugh and take all the domestic and some international flying if AA left, and AA would never get any of it back. I believe PHX will stay for a lot longer than people think. Not all the traffic to the mountains and west can flow through DFW and LAX. Letís not even get started on how much PHX cleans up the East Coast and Central weather issues. A lot the passengers were never suppose to go through PHX, but have to when DFW goes to hell.

Truth...

Have experienced this frequently. PHX has saved from DFW Wx meltdowns on more than several occasions while riding on AA equipment out of California.