Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pay Pay Pay

ERAUAV8TR
05-22-2019, 03:08 PM
Great News!!!!!!!!

It is known that RW is going class to class telling pilots...Pay is Coming!!!

We will no longer be the bottom low value aviator and greatly talented pilots will want to fly here!!!! Yippee. Congratulations And Well Done MEC...Nicely Done!

MEGA

blackbox348
05-22-2019, 03:15 PM
...yeah that 1% we get each year. Letís be honest, it wonít be any time soon.

uavking
05-22-2019, 03:38 PM
Great News!!!!!!!!

We will no longer be the bottom low value aviator and greatly talented pilots will want to fly here!!!! Yippee. Congratulations And Well Done MEC...Nicely Done!

MEGA

I'll believe it when I see it. Also makes you wonder who gave up what?...

buddies8
05-22-2019, 03:44 PM
Right, heard a lot of that from new hires. He also says we expect to much, like he doesn't.
Heard pedro going around with some aa stooge saying new type of airplane coming, yeap cant wait for that one. Also compass planes coming back but not time frame or news where they will fly to, cant wait for that one too.
In other words rumors with no facts, just another day at envoy.

uavking
05-22-2019, 03:50 PM
Right, heard a lot of that from new hires. He also says we expect to much, like he doesn't.
Heard pedro going around with some aa stooge saying new type of airplane coming, yeap cant wait for that one. Also compass planes coming back but not time frame or news where they will fly to, cant wait for that one too.
In other words rumors with no facts, just another day at envoy.

Yeah, expecting industry standard pay is too much for RW, eh? We can file that with his summer standards memo.

Re that new type, sounds like higher might be counting on scope relaxation. I would like to think that APA would stand strong, but we'll see.

UnprotectdPilot
05-22-2019, 03:55 PM
Equity theory focuses on determining whether the distribution of resources is fair to both relational partners. Equity is measured by comparing the ratio of contributions (or costs) and benefits (or rewards) for each person. Considered one of the justice theories, equity theory was first developed in the 1960s by J. Stacy Adams, a workplace and behavioral psychologist, who asserted that employees seek to maintain equity between the inputs that they bring to a job and the outcomes that they receive from it against the perceived inputs and outcomes of others (Adams, 1963). According to Equity Theory, in order to maximize individuals' rewards, we tend to create systems where resources can be fairly divided amongst members of a group. Inequalities in relationships will cause those within it to be unhappy to a degree proportional to the amount of inequality. The belief is that people value fair treatment which causes them to be motivated to keep the fairness maintained within the relationships of their co-workers and the organization. The structure of equity in the workplace is based on the ratio of inputs to outcomes. Inputs are the contributions made by the employee for the organization.

You know what really grinds my gears??????

Varsity
05-22-2019, 04:02 PM
Yeah, expecting industry standard pay is too much for RW, eh? We can file that with his summer standards memo.

Re that new type, sounds like higher might be counting on scope relaxation. I would like to think that APA would stand strong, but we'll see.

737max. Mainline doesn't want to fly them, Envoy pilots will do it without the special training.

ERAUAV8TR
05-22-2019, 04:45 PM
737max. Mainline doesn't want to fly them, Envoy pilots will do it without the special training.

We are already test pilots by flying those desert 140s!!

ninerdriver
05-22-2019, 05:56 PM
We are already test pilots by flying those desert 140s!!

What are you talking about? Those things definitely worked ten years ago. ;)

Cyio
05-23-2019, 05:38 AM
RW is not going from class to class. He would never lower himself to that level.

UnprotectdPilot
06-21-2019, 07:03 AM
Great News!!!!!!!!

MEGA

RW is STILL saying that a month later... :rolleyes:

CA RW Ė Compensation Improvement Package
06/19/2019

RE: Compensation Improvement Package

Over the past two months we have been working with your ALPA representatives on a package that will increase your compensation. The focus of these changes were two fold, initially to increase rates for current captains and first officers, and additionally to incorporate certain bonuses into revised wage tables.

Each airlineís agreement with their pilot group is unique. Therefore, a lot of time and energy has been spent on what would work best for each side. It would not be fair or appropriate to go into the details of the challenges and associated hard work that has been done at the table by both sides. Despite recent communications on these negotiations, we remain committed to working with your representatives on this compensation package as we believe it is what you deserve.

Envoy pilots are some of the best trained and most professional pilots in the industry. As such, we want you fairly compensated for the great job that you do.

Best regards,

CA RW, VP Ė Flight Ops

Cool story bro.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/9HQRIttS5C4Za/giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d0ce2272e386e4a51cf1fa1&rid=giphy.gif

ERAUAV8TR
06-21-2019, 04:48 PM
Passenger service agents got a raise today! Maybe we should get help from the CWA.

cbrpilot
06-21-2019, 06:20 PM
I have a bad feeling that they're holding out on raises in lieu of a new base announcement. I HAVE ZERO EVIDENCE TO BACK THIS UP. I just fear that they will further stall raises here when they announce a new base, thus opening a small floodgate of newhires, and obviously stalling the necessity for Envoy management to give the raise. Thoughts? (Note, I did not mention any particular base...for a reason.)

pitchattitude
06-21-2019, 06:39 PM
I have a bad feeling that they're holding out on raises in lieu of a new base announcement. I HAVE ZERO EVIDENCE TO BACK THIS UP. I just fear that they will further stall raises here when they announce a new base, thus opening a small floodgate of newhires, and obviously stalling the necessity for Envoy management to give the raise. Thoughts? (Note, I did not mention any particular base...for a reason.)
I have been saying this for some time. But doesnít matter the reason. Anything Envoy can do to put off pay raises is just that much longer they donít have to pay. Whether something positive for the company or negative for the economy, the company is delaying as long as they can. They have always been reactive instead of proactive. Or maybe one can just argue they are proactively avoiding a pay raise.

f16jetmech
06-21-2019, 06:48 PM

Everyone knows youre thinking SJU.

pitchattitude
06-21-2019, 07:02 PM
Everyone knows youre thinking SJU.
Nah. I think heís trying to keep HNL a secret.

UncreativeUser
06-21-2019, 11:24 PM
Nah. I think heís trying to keep HNL a secret.

Uhh you didnít hear about us opening a base in SEA with mainline? Gotta keep Delta on their toes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoValueAviator
06-22-2019, 05:09 AM
If they just wanted to stall until they announced LAX and got a stack of applications 3 stories high from west coast pilots, there was an easier way than drafting and signing an agreement and then throwing a tantrum and ripping it up.

That move cost them huge face in the eyes of everyone Iíve encountered since then, and while I donít engage in any unauthorized labor actions it is clear from the numbers (plummeting on time performance, manyfold increase in writeups) that a lot of people have had the wind knocked out of their sails.

pitchattitude
06-22-2019, 05:55 AM
If they just wanted to stall until they announced LAX and got a stack of applications 3 stories high from west coast pilots, there was an easier way than drafting and signing an agreement and then throwing a tantrum and ripping it up.

That move cost them huge face in the eyes of everyone Iíve encountered since then, and while I donít engage in any unauthorized labor actions it is clear from the numbers (plummeting on time performance, manyfold increase in writeups) that a lot of people have had the wind knocked out of their sails.

Letís face it. When you have the carpet yanked out from under you by an employer, you are not going to perform with the same level of enthusiasm as before. Not saying anything is being done purposely, people just arenít going to perform at the same level. Many companies, notably Southwest in the airline industry, realized that happy employees perform better. QOL and pay are usually what make most people happy. Oppressive, deceptive management doesnít.

LowvalueFO
06-22-2019, 07:04 PM
Letís face it. When you have the carpet yanked out from under you by an employer, you are not going to perform with the same level of enthusiasm as before. Not saying anything is being done purposely, people just arenít going to perform at the same level. Many companies, notably Southwest in the airline industry, realized that happy employees perform better. QOL and pay are usually what make most people happy. Oppressive, deceptive management doesnít.

The sad thing is that this could be a fantastic place to work for, why they keep insisting to make people miserable is just staggering.

Cyio
06-23-2019, 02:41 AM
The sad thing is that this could be a fantastic place to work for, why they keep insisting to make people miserable is just staggering.

Agree 100%. It blows my mind how much they hate us and yet expect top tier perfomence.

Cujo665
06-25-2019, 09:59 AM
Vote with your feet. Turn in a predated resignation 60 days from now. When asked why tell them the pay and work rules. have 600 resignations, watch how fast it's fixed.

I know 80% of NY pilots would do it if asked. They're a great bunch. Every other base had Family Awareness days;
NY picketed.

It's what my guys wanted, so I made it happen. ALPA National wasn't happy, but I didn't answer to them.

Cujo665
06-25-2019, 10:05 AM
Agree 100%. It blows my mind how much they hate us and yet expect top tier perfomence.

it's more contempt... but there is some hatred and animosity in there.
They negotiate contracts that benefit them, and the few sections that benefit the pilot; they call you a gamer, you're gaming the system. NO, you're a pilot going by the contract they agreed to. When it favors them, fly it then grieve it. When it favors you; you're a gamer, you get targeted, dragged into ask about being sick, asked about ordering more fuel, asked about 10 seconds late.
They suck

buddies8
06-25-2019, 03:03 PM
Answer, all due to safety.

UnprotectdPilot
07-13-2019, 07:32 PM
Great News!!!!!!!!

MEGA

https://i.imgflip.com/35lxr6.jpg