Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Critical Coverage ?

ERAUAV8TR
05-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Critical coverage declaration late again?!?

RawHide
05-27-2019, 04:49 PM
Itís purposeful. They wait to see how many people will put in requests.

highfarfast
05-27-2019, 05:19 PM
Itís purposeful. They wait to see how many people will put in requests.

Which is why no one should be putting in their requests until the last possible moment.

Pedro4President
05-28-2019, 04:19 AM
Critical coverage declaration late again?!?

Critical coverage has consistently been posted during the 48 hour window. Expect it to be posted today around noon-2ish. If it doesnít come today then itís late.

NoValueAviator
07-03-2019, 10:18 AM
Since thereís lots of OT around and my seat has CC this month (both unprecedented in my >1.5 yr here), I would appreciate some help with this question.

Suppose Iím awarded a 75 hour line, trade it down to 72, then pick up OT in critical coverage for 10 hours.

Is it 72 hours at 100% and 10 hours at 200% or.... 75 hours at 100% and 7 hours at 200%?

The contract suggests that if a pilot ďbids open time during transition to restore him to his original bid line value,Ē he is not entitled to OT or CC premium. If I have understood this correctly it makes OT largely a waste of time for me because I always shed some hours getting my schedule to where I can commute it without going over 4 hotels. I donít understand ďduring transition,Ē does this isolate the caveat to open time flying occurring during the 3-4 day transition period at the beginning and end of each month? Or pickups during interval to be flown at whatever point

Pedro4President
07-03-2019, 12:46 PM
92 hrs....

NoValueAviator
07-04-2019, 01:32 AM
92 hrs....

Sick, thanks Pedro. I always assume the company is going to screw me somehow.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1