Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Considering Envoy...

Skyrider6911
05-29-2019, 10:10 AM
Hey all! I am considering Envoy. I wanted to ask for some feedback regarding the company/pilot relationship, how much time new hires are sitting reserve (particularly at DFW), I live in Phoenix,how are the reserve rules and work rules, and the general QOL? Would you recommend over Mesa? Is there another regional you would specifically recommend?

Thanks!

Houpilot2001
05-29-2019, 10:21 AM
Hey all! I am considering Envoy. I wanted to ask for some feedback regarding the company/pilot relationship, how much time new hires are sitting reserve (particularly at DFW), I live in Phoenix,how are the reserve rules and work rules, and the general QOL? Would you recommend over Mesa? Is there another regional you would specifically recommend?

Thanks!

Not today recruiting.

Anywhere else.

CaseTractor
05-29-2019, 10:23 AM
come on man... really?? take 5 minutes and you can find all that stuff here.

Prepare for lots of angry responses. Hold on!

Maybe I got trolled lol:)

buddies8
05-29-2019, 10:28 AM
Come on down to envoy.
Low pay, poor qol, lousy schedules and bottom of industry pay, but we do have flow to the largest airline american mimicking as spirit. You will flow between 6 to 10 years depending on attrition from current pilot group.

Welcome to envoy.

moon
05-29-2019, 10:41 AM
Recruitments favorite type of recruit. Oblivious

Skyrider6911
05-29-2019, 10:45 AM
Seems all are the same, the thing I doesn't like is get a LGA as new hire base and have to commute..cannot afford being on reserve either...that is the price needed to pay if you dont have 121 experience..my other concern is year 2 after the bonus is gone. 40$/hrs is not enough until you make CA.

MISOhigh
05-29-2019, 10:54 AM
#Skywest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cyio
05-29-2019, 11:01 AM
Living in Phoenix? Mesa or SkyWest both better right now. Read up on these forums you will find the reasons why.

dera
05-29-2019, 11:18 AM
Yeah why not look at the hometown airlines? Well, apart from Mesa, obviously.
But if you're going to commute, might as well commute for the highest paycheck.

TeeRainPULup
05-29-2019, 12:40 PM
I think we are getting trolled. There is no way someone would actually start a thread like this if they took 2 seconds to read anything else. What a joke. #FUPM

rld1k
05-29-2019, 12:57 PM
Yeah why not look at the hometown airlines? Well, apart from Mesa, obviously.
But if you're going to commute, might as well commute for the highest paycheck.

Look it's trying to blend in

Houpilot2001
05-29-2019, 12:57 PM
I think we are getting trolled. There is no way someone would actually start a thread like this if they took 2 seconds to read anything else. What a joke. #FUPM

Dude has 2 posts. Either management or oblivious.

But if you do interview. Ask the recruiters when they are going to FUPM.

dera
05-29-2019, 01:09 PM
Look it's trying to blend in

Bah. I've never recommended Envoy for a commuter.

AeroEnvoy
05-29-2019, 01:56 PM
I would go with Mesa. The qol and reserve rules are on par with envoys and Mesaís FO pay rates are higher than envoys.

Skyrider6911
05-29-2019, 02:14 PM

Nope..Im not trolling anyone...just ready for the regionals and looking for advise.. just want to see what are my best options.. not want to be sitting on reserve on a base that is far away for home ..

Skyrider6911
05-29-2019, 02:17 PM
I would go with Mesa. The qol and reserve rules are on par with envoys and Mesaís FO pay rates are higher than envoys.

Mesa pays first yr FO $36 vs $42 Envoy ?? second year Envoy continue with the Bonus Mesa not

Cyio
05-29-2019, 02:18 PM
Mesa pays first yr FO $36 vs $42 Envoy ?? second year Envoy continue with the Bonus Mesa not

The commute isnít worth it.

MochaSwirl
05-29-2019, 02:20 PM

Thanks!

Can you please not? K thanks.

dera
05-29-2019, 02:27 PM

If you get unlucky, you might get ORD 145 out of training at Envoy. Reserve there is currently around 8 months. If you want to transfer to DFW 145, the reserve there is over a year. Only way to break guarantee is to pick up OT, which means commuting to a job with 8 days off. Don't do it. Just don't.

Commuting to an average regional when you have a reasonable hometown regional (Skywest) would be borderline insane.

ERAUAV8TR
05-29-2019, 02:36 PM

Mesa fo makes way more! 50k bonus, paid holidays, 40 dollars a month ipad pay, and as much 200 percent ot that you can handle...enjoy ;))

rld1k
05-29-2019, 03:12 PM
Mesa fo makes way more! 50k bonus, paid holidays, 40 dollars a month ipad pay, and as much 200 percent ot that you can handle...enjoy ;))

There are FOs at mesa making well over 100k by doing OT, sometimes at 300%

AeroEnvoy
05-29-2019, 04:00 PM

Not quite. Mesas is $36 and envoys is $26. Envoys loa allows 38 first but Mesas is contractural. When ever envoy wants to they can pull that already expired loa and go back to the bankruptcy rates. Mesa canít do that since theyíre protected by their contract.

Houpilot2001
05-29-2019, 05:05 PM
There are FOs at mesa making well over 100k by doing OT, sometimes at 300%

Checking app status in 3.2.1

highfarfast
05-29-2019, 07:02 PM

Eeeeeh, others have pointed out bigger details than I m gonna say but a 1st year FO at Envoy is not making $42/hr. Not sure where you pulled that.

To me the obvious answer is to scratch Envoy off your list and look at either Mesa or Skywest.

Flyboy68
05-29-2019, 07:40 PM
Mesa fo makes way more! 50k bonus, paid holidays, 40 dollars a month ipad pay, and as much 200 percent ot that you can handle...enjoy ;))300% open time trips right now.

But heíd be IAD based out of training for a couple of months but would be flying, even if on reserve.

CO Jones
05-30-2019, 04:52 AM
Commuting reserve is abysmal - Your QOL will be non-existent.

You will start your first day with a 4 am reserve availability, meaning you will have to arrive the night before. Then, you will likely sit in your hotel or crash pad for 4 out of the scheduled 5 days and on your last day you will get extended long enough to not make your commute home. 11 days off will now magically turn into 8 days when you consider that you have to fly in the night before and leave the day after.

There is no per diem unless you fly, and the parking is contribution is minimal (unless you live in base) - financially speaking it's a losing proposition.

highfarfast
05-30-2019, 05:23 AM

You will start your first day with a 4 am reserve availability, meaning you will have to arrive the night before. Then, you will likely sit in your hotel or crash pad for 4 out of the scheduled 5 days and on your last day you will get extended long enough to not make your commute home. 11 days off will now magically turn into 8 days when you consider that you have to fly in the night before and leave the day after.

There is no per diem unless you fly, and the parking is contribution is minimal (unless you live in base) - financially speaking it's a losing proposition.

8 days off? If weíre not counting non-work days that we commute as days off (which is what I thought you were doing), I had 5 full days at home my first month out of the schoolhouse. Very fast movement at the time I was hired and a base transfer made that just a one month problem... for ME. It would have lasted longer if I was a new hire today.

CO Jones
05-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Fair enough, I was being generous - but yes you are absolutely right

Cyio
05-30-2019, 06:59 AM
8 days off? If weíre not counting non-work days that we commute as days off (which is what I thought you were doing), I had 5 full days at home my first month out of the schoolhouse. Very fast movement at the time I was hired and a base transfer made that just a one month problem... for ME. It would have lasted longer if I was a new hire today.

Yeah bingo. We have arguably the worst reserve rules for junior pilots in the industry. You will hate it. Plan on looking at 6-12 months of doing it if things donít get worse in the industry. The top 10% love our system and will fight for it to not change.

Skyrider6911
05-30-2019, 08:08 AM

You are exactly right..! that is what I don't want to do...no mention that your new hire bonus ($22000 ) will go away quickly if you are not able to do OT, unfortunately this is the price that we have to pay if we want to fly for the airlines. Another thing is Health Insurance I've a family of 3 how much will be cut for my paycheck?

pitchattitude
05-30-2019, 08:49 AM
You are exactly right..! that is what I don't want to do...no mention that your new hire bonus ($22000 ) will go away quickly if you are not able to do OT, unfortunately this is the price that we have to pay if we want to fly for the airlines. Another thing is Health Insurance I've a family of 3 how much will be cut for my paycheck?
So chose wisely.

Captainmarv
05-30-2019, 10:02 AM
22k if you get emb, if you get the 175 its 17.1k. But from the threads emb is more provable.

Tyrion
05-30-2019, 10:08 AM
In Phoenix... I'd say Skywest or perhaps Compass. Same or easier commutes than Envoy with better pay and QOL.

Others have pointed out that you will fly more and make more money at Mesa, but I am morally obligated to never recommend Mesa to anyone with less than 2 DUIs, checkride failures, and/or felony convictions on their record.

pitchattitude
05-30-2019, 10:28 AM
In Phoenix... I'd say Skywest or perhaps Compass. Same or easier commutes than Envoy with better pay and QOL.

Others have pointed out that you will fly more and make more money at Mesa, but I am morally obligated to never recommend Mesa to anyone with less than 2 DUIs, checkride failures, and/or felony convictions on their record.
That was definitely the case in the past, but I think they have improved as their contract has.

ERAUAV8TR
05-30-2019, 10:36 AM

Prob why aa ceo likes mesa

moon
05-30-2019, 12:25 PM

Why are you still even considering it here. It should be clear there are better options.

buddies8
05-30-2019, 02:45 PM
This is a troll thread for thectecruiters to have a free wheeling b.s. sessions.

Cujo665
05-30-2019, 03:54 PM
Nope..Im not trolling anyone...just ready for the regionals and looking for advise.. just want to see what are my best options.. not want to be sitting on reserve on a base that is far away for home ..

Do you mean "advice" perhaps?
Envoy is not your best option unless you live in base. Period.

Flyboy68
05-30-2019, 04:40 PM
but I am morally obligated to never recommend Mesa to anyone with less than 2 DUIs, checkride failures, and/or felony convictions on their record.Wow. I recently met a Mesa captain who was an Air Force Academy grad, retired colonel and KC-135 commander. I wonder how many DUIís, check ride failures and felonies he has? :rolleyes:

MD-11Loader
05-31-2019, 01:42 AM
Wow. I recently met a Mesa captain who was an Air Force Academy grad, retired colonel and KC-135 commander. I wonder how many DUIís, check ride failures and felonies he has? :rolleyes:

Must have something wrong to have spent long enough at Mesa to become a captain. With a resume like that he should have just needed to get some 121 time in order to get scooped up somewhere.

Cyio
05-31-2019, 02:53 AM
Must have something wrong to have spent long enough at Mesa to become a captain. With a resume like that he should have just needed to get some 121 time in order to get scooped up somewhere.

Iím certainly not cheerleading Mesa but not everyone over there is bad. Hell knowing what I know now I should have gone there lol. I have no issues in my record.

Their maintenance, well I have heard from many people and seen examples myself about how poorly the aircraft are maintained, so that holds up in my mind. Not unsafe, but lots and lots of MELís.

Tyrion
05-31-2019, 05:35 AM
Iím certainly not cheerleading Mesa but not everyone over there is bad. Hell knowing what I know now I should have gone there lol. I have no issues in my record.

Their maintenance, well I have heard from many people and seen examples myself about how poorly the aircraft are maintained, so that holds up in my mind. Not unsafe, but lots and lots of MELís.

I'm not saying everyone over there is bad, either. However, the company has a long history of being the lowest of the low balls and hiring anybody willing to fly for them.

I was riding on a crew van with a Mesa crew once, and the FO was telling the story of how he failed training at Envoy, failed training at another regional, and finally made it through training at Mesa. :eek:

As far as the retired AF colonel in the left seat at Mesa... really have to wonder why someone with that resume would not get snapped up by the majors. Perhaps he bombed his HR interview, which has been known to happen. At least he has a nice pension to supplement his regional pilot salary.

rld1k
05-31-2019, 07:03 AM
Colonel's get DUIs too

pitchattitude
05-31-2019, 07:24 AM
Colonel's get DUIs too
Very true!! Something like that is harder to recover from later in life than earlier in a career.

NoValueAviator
05-31-2019, 08:49 AM
Mesa isnít AQP, or at least it wasnít last time I checked. It is harder to get through their training than it is ours, especially on the 175.

CO Jones
06-02-2019, 06:22 AM

Your paycheck during training will be pretty decent, but once you are done and the per diem falls off - you will see a drastic reduction.

The medical will probably set you back about $300-$400 a month depending on what option you pick.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1