Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : FlexJet Captains

hoya99
05-29-2019, 03:10 PM
Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, finally retiring from the military this summer. Have an initial phone screening with FlexJet next month. Have been researching the company quite a bit. A ton of information about the company perks and new hire pay with the bonuses etc...But what do Captains make on the PBS schedule? Seems like upgrades are relatively fast, but haven't found anything about Captain pay. Is is it a substantial increase from FO? I know lots of folks at the majors don't upgrade at first opportunity in order to hold a better schedule as a senior FO than a junior Captain, but does that sort of thing exist in the fractional world or do folks upgrade ASAP because the pay is that much better? Thanks a bunch

JMO127
05-30-2019, 06:52 AM
Hi Guys,

Longtime lurker, finally retiring from the military this summer. Have an initial phone screening with FlexJet next month. Have been researching the company quite a bit. A ton of information about the company perks and new hire pay with the bonuses etc...But what do Captains make on the PBS schedule? Seems like upgrades are relatively fast, but haven't found anything about Captain pay. Is is it a substantial increase from FO? I know lots of folks at the majors don't upgrade at first opportunity in order to hold a better schedule as a senior FO than a junior Captain, but does that sort of thing exist in the fractional world or do folks upgrade ASAP because the pay is that much better? Thanks a bunch

Upgrades are at a year on the PHENOM ONLY!!!! Challenger/Legacy is YEARS . Put it this way, challenger upgrades are in the low 300's of the seniority list. Over 700 pilots currently. Phenoms are upgrading in the mid 500's. Don't expect to upgrade on anything other than the Phenom in a short amount of time. Dispose of that thought immediately. Time and experience have nothing to do with upgrades in the 135 world. To answer the second part of your question, the salaries are posted on APC. First year FO makes $421/day (based on 216 days a year) and first year captains make ($445/day) Second year is ($463). So it's a $24 difference in pay first year. $42 difference in second year per day.

Hope this helps.

JTwift
05-30-2019, 07:10 AM
Bleh......

Avi8tor441
05-30-2019, 08:01 AM
I have a phone screen set up in July. I was curious. If you upgrade in the phenom in a year or two and 5-6 years down the road want to bid a challenger or something do you loose captain pay to go right seat? Iím currently flying a phenom 100 so Iím used to the cramped small jet lifestyle and wouldnít have an issue going to the 300. I just know Iíd get bored with it down the road.

ESQ702
05-30-2019, 11:32 AM
OP: This thread is worth a read if you havenít gone through it yet:

https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/fractional/121571-netjets-vs-flexjets.html

JMO127
05-30-2019, 04:46 PM
I have a phone screen set up in July. I was curious. If you upgrade in the phenom in a year or two and 5-6 years down the road want to bid a challenger or something do you loose captain pay to go right seat? Iím currently flying a phenom 100 so Iím used to the cramped small jet lifestyle and wouldnít have an issue going to the 300. I just know Iíd get bored with it down the road.

You cannot go from captain to FO. You can't go to the 'right seat' once left. You always fly from the left in the fleets. FO or whatever. Alternate days. PIC type.

LloydBraun
05-30-2019, 04:48 PM
216 days a year. F#@k That. Donít walk dude. Runnnnnn!