Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Should I flow or go to a major?

UnprotectdPilot
07-13-2019, 05:57 PM
Do you all think I should stay at Envoy and wait for the flow to American in 5.5 years, or should I go to a major airline like United or Delta? I've been thinking about leaving because the pay here is bad.

Thanks in advance!

pitchattitude
07-13-2019, 06:03 PM
Do you all think I should stay at Envoy and wait for the flow to American in 5.5 years, or should I go to a major airline like United or Delta? I've been thinking about leaving because the pay here is bad.

Thanks in advance!
Oh, no. I wouldnít even apply to United or Delta.

UnprotectdPilot
07-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Oh, no. I wouldnít even apply to United or Delta.

Is Southwest okay to apply to?
I've heard FedEx has a pension for pilots, but I don't trust those. UPS is definitely going to unmanned aircraft, possibly even unwomanned. Is there even any hope in this industry at all?

Air Stang 7
07-13-2019, 06:19 PM
Flow to AA or apply and pray SkyWest hires you. I wouldn't waste my time on mediocre airlines like Delta, Southwest or United.

UnprotectdPilot
07-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Flow to AA or apply and pray SkyWest hires you. I wouldn't waste my time on mediocre airlines like Delta, Southwest or United.

True, I forgot about SkyWest. They're technically a major since they do over $1 billion in revenue each year.

I heard AA is the new Envoy, so I don't know if flowing is really worth it.

WHACKMASTER
07-13-2019, 06:33 PM

Thanks in advance!

Why donít you go to Ameriflight as a street Captain?!

pitchattitude
07-13-2019, 06:35 PM
True, I forgot about SkyWest. They're technically a major since they do over $1 billion in revenue each year.

I think youíre finally getting the idea. Stay at Envoy till the industry implodes. After all, nothing is better and nothing is what we shall get.

TiredSoul
07-13-2019, 09:34 PM

Thanks in advance!

United is ghetto.
Iím thinking you should go to Alaska.
That...or Swift.

pitchattitude
07-13-2019, 10:25 PM
United is ghetto.
Iím thinking you should go to Alaska.
That...or Swift.
Or you can always be an expat at Ryan.

sailingfun
07-13-2019, 10:33 PM

Thanks in advance!

Dumbest post of the year or a giant troll.

itsmytime
07-14-2019, 04:17 AM
Is Southwest okay to apply to?
I've heard FedEx has a pension for pilots, but I don't trust those. UPS is definitely going to unmanned aircraft, possibly even unwomanned. Is there even any hope in this industry at all?

You know, pensions are just like the flow. They can go away at any time. Damned if you do, damned if you donít.

ninerdriver
07-14-2019, 05:05 AM
I've heard FedEx has a pension for pilots, but I don't trust those.

Maybe it's just us, but I don't trust pilots, either.

CLE to IAH
07-14-2019, 05:48 AM

https://media3.giphy.com/media/u52gRNybAmAy4/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d2b328f37387a4b5936fd81&rid=giphy.gif

MEGAFUPM
07-14-2019, 09:24 AM

Envoy is also a major under this definition.

Paid2fly
07-14-2019, 04:18 PM

Door number 2!