Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Star Marianas

FlyinJ2
07-20-2019, 08:05 AM
Anybody here that has been hired by Star Marianas in 2019?

dannycalle011
07-27-2019, 05:44 AM
Yes I have

FlyinJ2
07-30-2019, 08:40 PM
How long were you there? Are you still there? What was your experience like? Pros & cons?

Thank you!!

Excargodog
07-30-2019, 09:21 PM
Yes I have

Which is probably the last statement you want to make about the experience.

rswitz
07-31-2019, 02:24 AM
I was there in 2015. Place was a trip.

FlyinJ2
07-31-2019, 07:29 AM
Which is probably the last statement you want to make about the experience.

Please send me a personal message if you Would rather :)

FlyinJ2
07-31-2019, 07:30 AM
I was there in 2015. Place was a trip.

Hahahaha. Care to elaborate? Feel free to pm me 😁

rswitz
08-02-2019, 07:55 AM
Hahahaha. Care to elaborate? Feel free to pm me 😁

Well...when I was there I was doing the discovery flights in the 172 and cherokees. Those were fun. You just fly around Saipan.

Then they started making us sit right seat in the Navajos on some days. Of course no one wanted to do that so it ended up being a big mess how they would get people to do it. They tried a seniority based junior manning system which backfired when everyone kept refusing.

I left shortly after that when things were getting too toxic between management and the pilots. They had a chief pilot who didnt really do anything, not sure if he's still there. Nepotism was rampant and those who were favored basically ran things.

Bottom line - it's a horribly mismanaged company with a lot of weird politics at play. The actual flying is fun though, if you dont get stuck in the right seat of the Navajo.

Mx is ok. Just have to stay on top of them.

Islands are beautiful and there's a lot of great snorkeling and things like that, especially on Tinian.

If you go, have fun, get in and get out.

FlyinJ2
08-03-2019, 04:56 PM
Well...when I was there I was doing the discovery flights in the 172 and cherokees. Those were fun. You just fly around Saipan.

Then they started making us sit right seat in the Navajos on some days. Of course no one wanted to do that so it ended up being a big mess how they would get people to do it. They tried a seniority based junior manning system which backfired when everyone kept refusing.

I left shortly after that when things were getting too toxic between management and the pilots. They had a chief pilot who didnt really do anything, not sure if he's still there. Nepotism was rampant and those who were favored basically ran things.

Bottom line - it's a horribly mismanaged company with a lot of weird politics at play. The actual flying is fun though, if you dont get stuck in the right seat of the Navajo.

Mx is ok. Just have to stay on top of them.

Islands are beautiful and there's a lot of great snorkeling and things like that, especially on Tinian.

If you go, have fun, get in and get out.

Ok! Thanks for the feedback!