Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hotel Crew Rates

HardLemonade
07-20-2019, 12:13 PM
Anyone know of any hotels in either PHL or LAX that offer crew rates? Thereís a ton in ORD that you can get for between $50 and $70 out the door. Any in the two aforementioned cities??

Saber72
07-20-2019, 01:05 PM
Airport hotels around PHL have crew rates: La Quinta, Clarion, Wyndham Garden

Surprise
07-20-2019, 04:52 PM
PHL, yes. But you can barely get a light beer near LAX for $50.

babs
07-20-2019, 04:53 PM
Iíd also be curious to know what people do in LAX. Iíd be happy with something decent for $100 or less out the door.

PRS Guitars
07-20-2019, 05:39 PM
LAX

Ramada Inn El Segunda
$80 ish out the door.
Staff is very nice, the hotel is threadbare though, and not in a good area. I wouldnít bring the family there, but do use it on occasion if Iím feeling cheap. They will let you cancel very short notice too. Van runs from 0600 to 2100. Uber after that for about $15. I use Hotwire mostly and then a four star or four star boutique hot rate deal. Got the Westin for $115 out the door last month. Itís cheaper on weekends by the way.

PHL, I just had a crash pad in Essington, used bus 37 IIRC.

Thanks for actually using a hotel and not sitting short call in OPs, seems to be common these days. Iím not talking about a nap before a red eye or after a late arrival, but people basically camped out there.

HardLemonade
07-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm trying my best to avoid getting a crash pad, and just paying for a hotel room as needed. Which will hopefully only be 2 or 3 times a month on average.

Living in DFW I'm trying to figure out if PHL or LAX would be a better commute. PHL seems to have a better hotel game. But LAX has those three red eye flights back home.

full of luv
07-20-2019, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I'm trying my best to avoid getting a crash pad, and just paying for a hotel room as needed. Which will hopefully only be 2 or 3 times a month on average.

Living in DFW I'm trying to figure out if PHL or LAX would be a better commute. PHL seems to have a better hotel game. But LAX has those three red eye flights back home.

How long till you can hold DFW?

at6d
07-21-2019, 12:21 AM
Crown Plaza by the airport offers a crew rate if I remember.

Note to selfóspring training time isnít good for crew rates in PHX.

donkedPilot
07-21-2019, 06:48 AM

12 months minimum,
18 months likely

HardLemonade
07-21-2019, 07:33 AM

8 to 12 months from what I was told. But who knows.

PRS Guitars
07-22-2019, 07:05 PM

Also factor in the .9% CA disability tax (of which the company offsets if you ever make a claim...by the way) likely cost you an extra $900 your first year.

FlyFish0614
07-23-2019, 10:14 AM
Also factor in the .9% CA disability tax (of which the company offsets if you ever make a claim...by the way) likely cost you an extra $900 your first year.

This is imposed only if you are based there? Seems weird. I thought tax rates were based on place of living. But what do I know lol.

donkedPilot
07-23-2019, 11:14 AM
This is imposed only if you are based there? Seems weird. I thought tax rates were based on place of living. But what do I know lol.

Correct- based on working there only. Doesnít matter where you live

wiz5422
07-23-2019, 02:38 PM

how do you make this claim and do the offset all of it?

PRS Guitars
07-23-2019, 03:47 PM
how do you make this claim and do the offset all of it?

Itís disability insurance, so when you go on long term disability youíd claim it, but AA will reduce your LTD benefits from the company. Hopefully, we fix this in the next contract. Then itís actually a good deal.

black cat
08-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Suggestions for crew hotels in MIA? Preferably with a shuttle.