Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

jetlag q
08-08-2019, 09:14 AM
I live in Richmond started with PSA and resigned. Went to Mesa and just finished ioe. I have a class date with endeavor and was told to reapply in October to PSA.

ENDEAVOR was my 1st option then the hiring freeze occurred. With the realignment news put out by delta. In your opinion would you advise taking the ENDEAVOR opportunity or PSA

KelvinHelmholtz
08-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I live in Richmond started with PSA and resigned. Went to Mesa and just finished ioe. I have a class date with endeavor and was told to reapply in October to PSA.

ENDEAVOR was my 1st option then the hiring freeze occurred. With the realignment news put out by delta. In your opinion would you advise taking the ENDEAVOR opportunity or PSA

You have a 121 failure on your record? If you can get on with PSA go there. Take the flow to AA and never have to explain that in an interview. Also PSA has bases within driving distance of RIC.

JulesWinfield
08-08-2019, 09:31 AM
Wow, lots going on. 3 regionals in a year doesn't bode well for the resume. Did you fail training at PSA?

flydiamond
08-08-2019, 09:47 AM

PSA is a better choice than endeavor since I believe Norfolk is one of their junior bases and not a long drive, but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. I wouldnít wait around for the possibility of PSA hiring you, thatíd be like waiting around at Endeavor for the possibility Delta may hire you when Jet Blue or United is already giving you a job offer.

If you do come to Endeavor, know we are already overstaffed quite a bit to absorb some of this new growth, so the movement may not be as quick as it seems. Reserve will no doubt be long, youíll likely be on the 200, and upgrade will take longer than other airlines, beyond 1000 121 most likely. We do have an excellent commuter policy though.

theUpsideDown
08-08-2019, 10:25 AM

If you've got some failures but pass the PSA interview you're going to flow no matter what.

There is no flow at edv, and delta doesnt ever want there to be

IAFDOF
08-08-2019, 11:01 AM
Honestly itís kinda hard to give advice when youíre all over the place like that. Doesnít sound like you even know what you want!

youkhan
08-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Kind of hijacking the threat, but I'm an Orlando based flight instructor and deciding between EDV and PSA would most likely be commuting. I Should hit my hours in the next month or so, and wondering what you guys would recommend? If I did PSA I would probably try to get a line up in CVG til I could hold CLT and for EDV it would be trying to get to ATL as quick as I could.

flydiamond
08-08-2019, 11:47 AM
Kind of hijacking the threat, but I'm an Orlando based flight instructor and deciding between EDV and PSA would most likely be commuting. I Should hit my hours in the next month or so, and wondering what you guys would recommend? If I did PSA I would probably try to get a line up in CVG til I could hold CLT and for EDV it would be trying to get to ATL as quick as I could.

There are no guarantees of quick access to ATL. People have had to wait as long as 6 months post IOE for it before and we arenít growing Atl. Itís also a very difficult commute from MCO but I imagine CLT is as well. Furthermore, having seen the stagnation at endeavor caused by no attrition to the major and lots of great people getting the ďno,Ē take the guaranteed flow. The guaranteed movement off the top of the list is worth it, and the slightly lower pay at psa is more than made up for the fact psa provides commuter hotels and youíll never have to put up with nyc and a $30 Uber between the 2 airports.

deerparkVOR
08-08-2019, 11:49 AM

EDV has a good commuting policy 2nd flight positive space if you don't make your first flight. ATL isn't terribly senior either so you'd get it eventually.

PSA has nice base options, pilot contract not as good but pay rates are similar at both first year at least, EDV is more long term. PSA is seeing a lot of growth and are making a lot of improvements in all areas of the company.

Flow takes too long, why wait at a regional for 7+ years. And the DGI isn't a guaranteed job. So both those things should just be thrown out when weighing options.

Bornflying
08-08-2019, 12:28 PM
Take the flow with PSA if you can.

ninerdriver
08-08-2019, 01:08 PM
They're both slow at the bottom. You'll probably upgrade faster at PSA. Just keep your apps out everywhere, and head to PSA. If AA isn't your only goal, then you can probably be out sooner than the nine years to flow.

Specifically to the OP: if you can get back in at PSA, then definitely do that. If you can't, then 9E probably will treat you better than YV if you're up for another 121 initial stint.

Casualinterest
08-08-2019, 01:30 PM
Kind of hijacking the threat, but I'm an Orlando based flight instructor and deciding between EDV and PSA would most likely be commuting. I Should hit my hours in the next month or so, and wondering what you guys would recommend? If I did PSA I would probably try to get a line up in CVG til I could hold CLT and for EDV it would be trying to get to ATL as quick as I could.I know several people who say the commute to NYC out of mco is way easier than going to ATL. Much less competition to NYC and you've got JB when commuting. You'd probably be happier with the commute in NY. And get a line faster

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TalkTurkey
08-08-2019, 07:57 PM

PSA. End of story

flydiamond
08-08-2019, 08:00 PM
I know several people who say the commute to NYC out of mco is way easier than going to ATL. Much less competition to NYC and you've got JB when commuting. You'd probably be happier with the commute in NY. And get a line faster

Until your crashpad is raided.

DoNoHarm
08-08-2019, 08:07 PM
I know a few people that "quit" PSA (failed training) and were told that they could reapply in 6 months. Unless it is a really good reason and story as to why you were not able to pass training, it is doubtful that PSA will hire you again.

They really want you to go get a type rating, fly for several months (off of IOE) and show that you are worth the additional $50,000 that the company will have to spend on you to try to train you again.

TalkTurkey
08-08-2019, 08:10 PM

That really did happen huh? Iíve heard of this but never thought it was true.

Meow1215
08-08-2019, 08:16 PM

Did you tell them your an undocumented airline pilot?

jetlag q
08-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Wow, lots going on. 3 regionals in a year doesn't bode well for the resume. Did you fail training at PSA?

Yes I did.

theUpsideDown
08-08-2019, 08:48 PM
Its happening all over kew.

prex8390
08-09-2019, 04:31 AM

One just got raided like 2-3 weeks ago. Sounded like the same story I heard last year. Couple new hire flight attendants were causing riff raff outside, neighbors told them to knock it off. Told them off. So neighbors called the cops.

Kforekyle
08-09-2019, 04:53 AM
Stay away from NY!

Boats and Hos
08-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Stay away from NY!

Most, if not all, new hires will be going to NYC as quite a number have been waiting to get out. Now with the growth announced we need to see the feedback results as I think they aren't positive especially with regards to NYC. Vast improvements need to be made as that new LGA Crew/Quiet room(s) is poor.

Some points about NYC.
1) Lots of ready reserve at LGA or JFK. The minimum is 12$ each way in a cab so that's 24$ a day times a minimum of three days a week. They took the shuttle and gave 50$. We cover two airports. Plan on year.
2)Crew scheduling;. They do not follow the contract. FLICA is always red and has been even during time off without pay. What you see and they use are two different things. It is not at all transparent. One flies a lot off while another sits for weeks on end.
3)FATIGUE; We have an FRMS but they can deny you without any medical foundation. You shouldn't be punished except that it can come out of your sick bank/pay. It's a flawed system. You will be fatigued a lot in NYC as every week there is an IROP and the Edicts are long. You will get a lot of sitting at outstations airport time. No hotel unless it's 4+30 but it has to be 100% accurate. They watch every second.
4)Crashpads; yes they are illegal in NY but a lot are overlooked. I think the crackdown is just starting and this will be a big issue. A studio is 1500$ a month minimum. If you come here you should be ready for it. In the Kew, halfway between LGA and JFK, the going rate is 300$ for a cold bed. If you have not done crash pads you should really think about it.
5)Commuting; honestly if you don't have to, don't do it, it's stress full not matter where you are coming from. Again, NY is in a meltdown always with IROPS and construction. It will be a number of years before LGA is finished. Getting a taxi at LGA will make you regret it.
6)Support; Leadership is poor in NY unless it is serious in nature.
7)PBS/Bidding; if you have not used it before it can get complicated. 5am reserve for 14 hours is what you'll get until you can hold 10a to midnight. No more Stand ups but they can, and should, bring those back. That would mean more lines for not just pilot's but F/A's. Taking those away hurt a lot of people. It was unnecessary.

It was better a year ago but they took a lot of the things that mitigated NY away. It will be difficult to attract and retain people with the way things are right now. You really need to do your due diligence before coming and I'd say go visit NY and the operation before you decide. This is just opinion and I am sure others will chime in. good luck.

JulesWinfield
08-09-2019, 08:12 AM
I've been here a year and a half. Two fatigue calls, both covered as operational in nature. Not a word from management.

prex8390
08-09-2019, 08:14 AM
I've been here a year and a half. Two fatigue calls, both covered as operational in nature. Not a word from management.

Little more time here. Spent time in New York but I escaped. Same for all though.

JulesWinfield
08-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Little more time here. Spent time in New York but I escaped. Same for all though.

It's not ideal, but you make a lot of extra money in NYC as a lineholder, from all of the cancellations and delays.

Casualinterest
08-09-2019, 09:00 AM
Most, if not all, new hires will be going to NYC as quite a number have been waiting to get out. Now with the growth announced we need to see the feedback results as I think they aren't positive especially with regards to NYC. Vast improvements need to be made as that new LGA Crew/Quiet room(s) is poor.

Some points about NYC.

1) Lots of ready reserve at LGA or JFK. The minimum is 12$ each way in a cab so that's 24$ a day times a minimum of three days a week. They took the shuttle and gave 50$. We cover two airports. Plan on year.

2)Crew scheduling;. They do not follow the contract. FLICA is always red and has been even during time off without pay. What you see and they use are two different things. It is not at all transparent. One flies a lot off while another sits for weeks on end.

3)FATIGUE; We have an FRMS but they can deny you without any medical foundation. You shouldn't be punished except that it can come out of your sick bank/pay. It's a flawed system. You will be fatigued a lot in NYC as every week there is an IROP and the Edicts are long. You will get a lot of sitting at outstations airport time. No hotel unless it's 4+30 but it has to be 100% accurate. They watch every second.

4)Crashpads; yes they are illegal in NY but a lot are overlooked. I think the crackdown is just starting and this will be a big issue. A studio is 1500$ a month minimum. If you come here you should be ready for it. In the Kew, halfway between LGA and JFK, the going rate is 300$ for a cold bed. If you have not done crash pads you should really think about it.

5)Commuting; honestly if you don't have to, don't do it, it's stress full not matter where you are coming from. Again, NY is in a meltdown always with IROPS and construction. It will be a number of years before LGA is finished. Getting a taxi at LGA will make you regret it.

7)PBS/Bidding; if you have not used it before it can get complicated. 5am reserve for 14 hours is what you'll get until you can hold 10a to midnight. No more Stand ups but they can, and should, bring those back. That would mean more lines for not just pilot's but F/A's. Taking those away hurt a lot of people. It was unnecessary.

It was better a year ago but they took a lot of the things that mitigated NY away. It will be difficult to attract and retain people with the way things are right now. You really need to do your due diligence before coming and I'd say go visit NY and the operation before you decide. This is just opinion and I am sure others will chime in. good luck.You'll all note that this dude guy is basically the only one who has these all these problems. 3 years in NY. Some as FO some as CA and I've literally not encountered a single one of these except the transportation issue. And I sat ready reserve once as a captain in NY and twice as an FO. I chose to commute to NY because I liked it. Flying was better, higher credit per trip and more days off. The commute was cake. As a reservist, yea if you can avoid NY for the transportation expense. I would. But I did it for a good while and its not too bad. I usually budgeted about $200 a month for transportation. So $150 out of pocket.

And no they came bring back high speeds. ALPA, Endeavor, and Delta lawyers all agreed that they don't comply with 117 rules unless you give them the full 10 hours, which defeats the purpose of the high speed.

Boats and Hos
08-09-2019, 09:58 AM
Thought we were being civil Casual. I guess not anymore. Not sure why. Referring to me as This Dude Guy, great way to make your point.

Youíve been lucky and joined at a different time. My experience has been significantly different than yours and so have others. Not many post on here out of 2500 so more experiences like yours and more like mine perhaps. A lot in my group have had it pretty bad. Yeah, I hope it changes and it looks like it might but itís been two years now.

Itís really more whipsawing and commuting to NY to join the bottom of another regional seems silly to me. If you choose to do so you are really truly better off at a place with a real flow. The place isnít the best choice anymore and the mother ship has done some real awful things to their regionals. Best of luck to you.

Casualinterest
08-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Thought we were being civil Casual. I guess not anymore. Not sure why. Referring to me as This Dude Guy, great way to make your point.

Youíve been lucky and joined at a different time. My experience has been significantly different than yours and so have others. Not many post on here out of 2500 so more experiences like yours and more like mine perhaps. A lot in my group have had it pretty bad. Yeah, I hope it changes and it looks like it might but itís been two years now.

Itís really more whipsawing and commuting to NY to join the bottom of another regional seems silly to me. If you choose to do so you are really truly better off at a place with a real flow. The place isnít the best choice anymore and the mother ship has done some real awful things to their regionals. Best of luck to you.We are, but it's annoying when you seemingly devote one post a week to bashing this place without context. Btw online message board standards my post was like chess tournament civil. Notice my posts talk about what I went through, and your posts tell people what they will go through. I don't try and paint a picture that says my experience will be there's like you do. I usually go out of my way to tell people that their experience will differ from mine in order to give context. You specifically tell people that they will basically be wallowing in self misery if they step foot here.

It's also frustrating when, after being part of the Doom and Gloom patrol for the past year on these boards, your tone hasn't budged 1 degree after an announcement of 20 (possibly 29) new airframes that you guys said would probably never get here.

If we got stapled with immediate profit sharing back pay through DOH there are a lot of people on here that would complain about having to do extra LMS.

ninerdriver
08-09-2019, 11:30 AM
meow

OMG. Stop crying about everything, please.

Boats and Hos
08-09-2019, 11:32 AM
Not all true but again, weíll just disagree. All the best to you Casual. I am glad you enjoy the place so much. Yeah, ok, Iíll stop crying and let people decide for themselves how great it is. A lot of people complain about various regionals just better not say anything here. Itís not that some of us havenít been here before.

KSCessnaDriver
08-09-2019, 12:42 PM
You'll all note that this dude guy is basically the only one who has these all these problems. 3 years in NY. Some as FO some as CA and I've literally not encountered a single one of these except the transportation issue. And I sat ready reserve once as a captain in NY and twice as an FO. I chose to commute to NY because I liked it. Flying was better, higher credit per trip and more days off. The commute was cake. As a reservist, yea if you can avoid NY for the transportation expense. I would. But I did it for a good while and its not too bad. I usually budgeted about $200 a month for transportation. So $150 out of pocket.

And no they came bring back high speeds. ALPA, Endeavor, and Delta lawyers all agreed that they don't comply with 117 rules unless you give them the full 10 hours, which defeats the purpose of the high speed.

No, CDO's are legal, and SDT's are legal. What's illegal is building a pairing as a SDT, then having scheduling "change" it to a CDO once you're on duty. If they were totally illegal, every airline would have stopped doing them.

Casualinterest
08-09-2019, 01:31 PM
No, CDO's are legal, and SDT's are legal. What's illegal is building a pairing as a SDT, then having scheduling "change" it to a CDO once you're on duty. If they were totally illegal, every airline would have stopped doing them.You're right. I read it again. The way the company would want to do CDO's would be illegal. It reads like there are two issues. You can't convert SDT to CDO's and ALSO CDO's can't operate with mid duty rest longer than 12 hours of FDP, which isn't enough time to do the flying.

Thanks for pointing that out

"Based upon Endeavor's historical operational experience, it became clear to the Company that if it couldn't reduce the mid-duty rest associated with an SDT or CDO, a significant number of morning departures would be delayed, which would negatively impact the carrier's overall operational performance."

"By contrast, CDOs can be constructed with a shorter or no mid-duty period rest, but are limited to an 11 to 12 hour duty day, depending upon the report time. Typically, the shorter FDP limit on CDOs is not sufficient to accomplish the flying associated with the service in the market. "

prex8390
08-09-2019, 02:48 PM

Some points about NYC.

It was better a year ago but they took a lot of the things that mitigated NY away. It will be difficult to attract and retain people with the way things are right now. You really need to do your due diligence before coming and I'd say go visit NY and the operation before you decide. This is just opinion and I am sure others will chime in. good luck.

Everything was better a year ago? Boy should we pull up your posts from a year ago? Youíve been here for almost 2 years and I donít think anything you have ever posted has ever been anything but the Sky is falling. Like literally I cannot recall anything youíve ever posted other than complaints. Stop acting like the company has flipped on you. As soon as you finished OE you started complaining about how things were ďso much better.Ē

Casualinterest
08-09-2019, 06:33 PM
Everything was better a year ago? Boy should we pull up your posts from a year ago? Youíve been here for almost 2 years and I donít think anything you have ever posted has ever been anything but the Sky is falling. Like literally I cannot recall anything youíve ever posted other than complaints. Stop acting like the company has flipped on you. As soon as you finished OE you started complaining about how things were ďso much better.ĒThank you

Green Needles
08-09-2019, 06:35 PM
Everything was better a year ago? Boy should we pull up your posts from a year ago? Youíve been here for almost 2 years and I donít think anything you have ever posted has ever been anything but the Sky is falling. Like literally I cannot recall anything youíve ever posted other than complaints. Stop acting like the company has flipped on you. As soon as you finished OE you started complaining about how things were ďso much better.Ē

It was better a year ago. It was also a helluva lot worse in BK until 2015ish. That's the nature of the business and the ups and downs are a whole lot worse at the regionals. Today's gem is tomorrow's trash and vice versa. If you can't handle it, try another industry.

Would I recommend Endeavor today? I don't know... I might if you lived in a base other than MSP or really wanted NYC. One thing for sure is we are losing our competitive edge with applicants. We won't get anything to help that until we can't hire.

Yumyum
08-09-2019, 06:43 PM
It was better a year ago. It was also a helluva lot worse in BK until 2015ish. That's the nature of the business and the ups and downs are a whole lot worse at the regionals. Today's gem is tomorrow's trash and vice versa. If you can't handle it, try another industry.

Would I recommend Endeavor today? I don't know... I might if you lived in a base other than MSP or really wanted NYC. One thing for sure is we are losing our competitive edge with applicants. We won't get anything to help that until we can't hire.

Losing our competitive edge might be a good thing. Just saying

Avroman
08-10-2019, 04:32 AM
HA HA HA you guys should have lived my career if you think things are terrible right now. Things could certainly be better but we have 400 lifers so you just have to accept there is no movement above that point and if you come here not wanting to deal with NYC then you shouldn't have come here.

theUpsideDown
08-10-2019, 06:07 AM

*One year earlier*

Boats and Hos , 07-24-2018 11:02 AM
Hmmm
So, offer a different perspective or opinion and get personally attacked. I am not sour nor do I have a bad attitude. I disagree with some things on here but have not made it personal. So thank you Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi.

We are not hiring 60+ a month yet.
We do not have a flow.
We do not have 175s.
New Hires will be on Reserve for a year.
We simply cannot handle massive expansion. Its why we slowed in the first place

Yes, EDV is an ok place to work but it's still a regional.

Now disagree/agree but stop with the personal attacks, it's unbecoming!

JulesWinfield
08-10-2019, 08:13 AM
*One year earlier*

This is after he turned down a job at Envoy, lol.

Green Needles
08-10-2019, 11:23 AM
HA HA HA you guys should have lived my career if you think things are terrible right now. Things could certainly be better but we have 400 lifers so you just have to accept there is no movement above that point and if you come here not wanting to deal with NYC then you shouldn't have come here.

Amen Avro. A lot of these guys have no idea how bad it was in BK. Nobody should have to know that.

People coming here should have a realistic outlook and tempered expectations. NYC and a coin toss of an interview. I hope our recruiters are being honest.

theUpsideDown
08-10-2019, 11:58 AM
Amen Avro. A lot of these guys have no idea how bad it was in BK. Nobody should have to know that.

People coming here should have a realistic outlook and tempered expectations. NYC and a coin toss of an interview. I hope our recruiters are being honest.

I'd be curious if pilots considering EDV are more informed than the recruiters on some level. Historically recruiters spew nonsense the HR people make up and whoever repeats the lie best gets to come back and tell his crew room mates how awesome it is getting free food and bull****ting with the old tribe and not going to work, while complaining he/she doesnt have enough hours to upgrade

Not my song, not my lyrics, but the few pilots who are sucked in by the con men of recruiters certainly must be heavily outweighed by smart pilots doing their own research. I do enjoy watching HR fail though, even from a distance. Hopefully that means more money for you all.

msprj2
08-11-2019, 05:21 PM
I'd be curious if pilots considering EDV are more informed than the recruiters on some level. Historically recruiters spew nonsense the HR people make up and whoever repeats the lie best gets to come back and tell his crew room mates how awesome it is getting free food and bull****ting with the old tribe and not going to work, while complaining he/she doesnt have enough hours to upgrade

Not my song, not my lyrics, but the few pilots who are sucked in by the con men of recruiters certainly must be heavily outweighed by smart pilots doing their own research. I do enjoy watching HR fail though, even from a distance. Hopefully that means more money for you all.

Classes are full. Sorry!

VoiceOfReason
08-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Classes are full. Sorry!

And weekly classes of 10+ starting this month...yeah, I think the word on the street outweighs the 'insights' shared here. I know it pains some guys to hear that.

Welcome aboard to all, this is an awesome place to work. Honest culture, professional treatment from management, the chiefs have your back. For me, 3+ years, upgraded after about 13 months (prior 121 time), just waiting for my DGI number to be called.

And, honestly, if things don't work for me at mainline, I like it here. I could see myself hanging around for a while.

Casualinterest
08-12-2019, 01:37 PM
And weekly classes of 10+ starting this month...yeah, I think the word on the street outweighs the 'insights' shared here. I know it pains some guys to hear that.

Welcome aboard to all, this is an awesome place to work. Honest culture, professional treatment from management, the chiefs have your back. For me, 3+ years, upgraded after about 13 months (prior 121 time), just waiting for my DGI number to be called.

And, honestly, if things don't work for me at mainline, I like it here. I could see myself hanging around for a while.Ditto

blindfayth
08-12-2019, 04:00 PM
Same. I like it here quite a bit. I did my time in NYC, and got out. Life is good, and I've averaged a monthly credit of ~103 while living in base on reserve this summer. I can't really complain at all.

CabbiInbound
08-12-2019, 05:40 PM
Same here. I love it here, things could always be better but all in all compared to the things I hear from my friends who work at other carriers, this is a good place to be and a good time to be here.

avoca
08-23-2019, 02:05 PM
PSA is a better choice than endeavor since I believe Norfolk is one of their junior bases and not a long drive, but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. I wouldnít wait around for the possibility of PSA hiring you, thatíd be like waiting around at Endeavor for the possibility Delta may hire you when Jet Blue or United is already giving you a job offer.

If you do come to Endeavor, know we are already overstaffed quite a bit to absorb some of this new growth, so the movement may not be as quick as it seems. Reserve will no doubt be long, youíll likely be on the 200, and upgrade will take longer than other airlines, beyond 1000 121 most likely. We do have an excellent commuter policy though.

lol overstaffed... I've been working every single day of reserve for lik 6 months now

Rayeli
08-23-2019, 04:08 PM
lol overstaffed... I've been working every single day of reserve for lik 6 months now

Yeah the ďoverstaffingĒ phase is over. Tons of 200% days in my category being offered and Iím being used pretty much every day on reserve bidding last out and being in the top half of reserves in seniority.

Also comparing to my friends at AA wholly-owneds, this is a great company to work for. Ask a PSA pilot how their MX is and compare how many MELs they fly with compared to us.

42jeff
08-23-2019, 05:00 PM
Yeah the ďoverstaffingĒ phase is over. Tons of 200% days in my category being offered and Iím being used pretty much every day on reserve bidding last out and being in the top half of reserves in seniority.

Also comparing to my friends at AA wholly-owneds, this is a great company to work for. Ask a PSA pilot how their MX is and compare how many MELs they fly with compared to us.
Ha. You guys must be FOs

I've gotten 92 hrs since I finished OE in January

Rayeli
08-23-2019, 06:08 PM
Ha. You guys must be FOs

Nope, CA. Man we need to switch, I'm trying to not fly and get time off at home.

msprj2
08-23-2019, 07:57 PM
Ha. You guys must be FOs

So 200% rsv CA open time was a misprint on flica?

UNDGUY
08-24-2019, 02:52 AM
Captain I just flew with was off OE in March and still high mins.

Casualinterest
08-24-2019, 03:11 AM
Captain I just flew with was off OE in March and still high mins.Think it depends a lot on seniority and luck.

Friend of mine was in upgrade with me, finished oe at the same time, both went to NYC, and he's about 10 numbers ahead of me. We both bid 1st out. It took me almost 6 months to get off high mins, he did it in basically 1.5 ish. It just always worked out that when he was on he was the number one guy in his bucket for first out calls. I was always number 2 or 3. Kinda weird how it worked out. But now I'm getting used every.single.day on reserve

TalkTurkey
08-24-2019, 08:50 AM
Nope, CA. Man we need to switch, I'm trying to not fly and get time off at home.

It then all your peers will get to delta before you.

theUpsideDown
08-24-2019, 09:44 AM
It then all your peers will get to delta before you.

Tough to say that, lots of "factors" that get you to Delta before another pilot.

TalkTurkey
08-24-2019, 09:51 AM
Tough to say that, lots of "factors" that get you to Delta before another pilot.

Sarcasm...

web500sjc
08-24-2019, 07:54 PM
Ha. You guys must be FOs

Next month will be fun...I got 90+ hours, and I bid for max days off. Iíd say the we are properly staffed again.

flydiamond
08-24-2019, 08:08 PM
Next month will be fun...I got 90+ hours, and I bid for max days off. Iíd say the we are properly staffed again.

Good riddance, Are they really credit pushing? Or did you just have the boxes for MLR and desire MLR pay threshold selected?

Victors Vector
08-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Good riddance, Are they really credit pushing? Or did you just have the boxes for MLR and desire MLR pay threshold selected?

There was definitely a credit push in certain categories in September. It looks like it was just on the 200 and only certain seats. As best I can tell they credit pushed NYC 200 CA & FO and ATL 200 FO.

flydiamond
08-25-2019, 10:53 AM
There was definitely a credit push in certain categories in September. It looks like it was just on the 200 and only certain seats. As best I can tell they credit pushed NYC 200 CA & FO and ATL 200 FO.

Jeeze. Would be nice if they let some people upgrade instead of forcing the captains on the 200 to work mandatory overtime.

KSCessnaDriver
08-26-2019, 05:39 AM
Jeeze. Would be nice if they let some people upgrade instead of forcing the captains on the 200 to work mandatory overtime.

Welcome to how the 200 will be until the growth is over. Happened last time we grew, everyone bails off the 200 that doesn't want it, 200 becomes short staffed because of a training back up. Credit push and lots of open time.

Blueskies21
08-26-2019, 06:23 AM
Welcome to how the 200 will be until the growth is over. Happened last time we grew, everyone bails off the 200 that doesn't want it, 200 becomes short staffed because of a training back up. Credit push and lots of open time.

We'll see; they're hiring 200 Check Airman like crazy. They might have learned something from the last backup.

gojo
08-26-2019, 08:06 AM
We'll see; they're hiring 200 Check Airman like crazy. They might have learned something from the last backup.

Maybe, but it takes about 6 months to get signed off for that.

KSCessnaDriver
08-26-2019, 08:50 AM

All the check airman in the world don't matter if you don't have simulators to new hires thru. Sure, they're hiring check airman like crazy, but there are also guys that are leaving the check airman program almost as quick.

13pro
08-26-2019, 09:41 AM
some interesting numbers. Company wide we have 67 more Captains than FO's.

There are 34 more 900 Captains than there are FO's

There are 33 more 200 Captains than there are FO's.

With 30ish new hire FO's this month, the numbers should close a bit, and assuming 20-30 Captains resign this month even more.

However, that still doesnt look good for upgrades at a very high pace...

flydiamond
08-26-2019, 10:19 AM
some interesting numbers. Company wide we have 67 more Captains than FO's.

There are 34 more 900 Captains than there are FO's

There are 33 more 200 Captains than there are FO's.

With 30ish new hire FO's this month, the numbers should close a bit, and assuming 20-30 Captains resign this month even more.

However, that still doesnt look good for upgrades at a very high pace...

Agree with you that upgrades wonít happen at a pace where the upgrade time drops significantly. I still expect it to stay above 2.5 years as the very early 2017 hires finally get to upgrade in a few months. However, keep in mind that the company does need more captains than FOs. Captains generally have more vacation, call out sick more, have duties such as FTI, etc.