Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Reserve OG

Icaruss
08-10-2019, 12:49 PM
Recently I was assigned a trip that started on a reserve day but ended on a moveable day. Iíd also for that moveable day, requested OG a while back. Do I get the whole trip above guarantee?

Thanks!

Andrew_VT
08-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Recently I was assigned a trip that started on a reserve day but ended on a moveable day. Iíd also for that moveable day, requested OG a while back. Do I get the whole trip above guarantee?

Thanks!
No. You will get the movable off day back somewhere else in the month though.

Did they legally notify you that they were moving your movable off day?
(Call Contract Admins about this)

wiz5422
08-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Going to piggy back on thus thread...

Newbie question, on reserve, given a 3 day sequence during a RAP day 1 with the last day only being a DH back to base. I am off after the 3 days, is there a provision to NO show or have scheduling build a different DH? D2 back home instead of DH all the way back to base and than catch a flight back home?

My understanding is that I will most likely be released once completing that DH. Correct?

seafeye
08-10-2019, 03:09 PM
Call scheduling and asked to be on a direct Deadhead home if one exists.

Name User
08-10-2019, 05:39 PM
The new CnR has a great contract section, I'd go directly there for any contract related questions.

Battlinbear
08-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Call tracking not skeds. but yea you can have em alt DH ďhomeĒ or just go home wout calling them. I was kind of in the habit of calling to get released my first year, but since then I dont bother. Been doing a lot of shuttle stuff so I get back to dca on jetblue or rah delta side. canít count on AA much this summer.

isuguy
08-11-2019, 08:25 AM
Can we just build our own A3 in CCI then go home? Or are u talkin D2 alternate DH myself home?

mainlineAF
08-11-2019, 09:15 AM
Can we just build our own A3 in CCI then go home? Or are u talkin D2 alternate DH myself home?

Iím pretty sure the only time you can book your own a1 or a3 is to or from training.

donkedPilot
08-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Iím pretty sure the only time you can book your own a1 or a3 is to or from training.

This is correct. Donít use HIGOA for anything other than training or TDY

wiz5422
08-11-2019, 06:06 PM
Am I correct on..... If you ask for an Alt DH your per diem stops after the last active leg while a no show and D2 home stops your per diem right before the original DH?

PRS Guitars
08-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Am I correct on..... If you ask for an Alt DH your per diem stops after the last active leg while a no show and D2 home stops your per diem right before the original DH?

Iím not sure about the per diem, but just wanted to point out that you can get an A12 (revenue standby) home if you call CT and ask for it. A1 for the first leg of a sequence.

adam28
08-12-2019, 12:04 PM

Yea theyíll stop your per dime after that last live leg.

Dobbs18
08-13-2019, 07:43 AM
Iím not sure about the per diem, but just wanted to point out that you can get an A12 (revenue standby) home if you call CT and ask for it. A1 for the first leg of a sequence.

Yes, they will stop your per diem and they will not change you DH until you are done with all your active flying...apparently our operation is so bad that they can't count on you actually completing your seq as assigned so they make you wait until you get were you are suppose to be going before they will change your DH...sucks if it is a busy route and a full flight...also it doesn't have to be legal rest for them to change it, if you want to go early its up to you to request it. Same goes for a DH to start a trip, you can go later if you want but they will tell you that you assume you will be fit to fly for you FDP.

wiz5422
08-18-2019, 12:58 PM
Another reserve question...

Sitting RAP today (8am) got assigned 5am RAP for tomorrow. When are we released from today's RAP? list shows 1859, 10 hours before tomorrow's rap. Is it 19 hours or 12 hours before your next rap?

Name User
08-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Another reserve question...

Sitting RAP today (8am) got assigned 5am RAP for tomorrow. When are we released from today's RAP? list shows 1859, 10 hours before tomorrow's rap. Is it 19 hours or 12 hours before your next rap?

RAPs are 14/10's IIRC

A 1900 rest means on duty at 0500.