Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Hey Union Pay Update?!?

ERAUAV8TR
08-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Any news on pay?...past due date!

buddies8
08-25-2019, 10:11 AM
If not mistaken due date is 30 sept.

bigtime209
08-25-2019, 10:19 AM
Any news on pay?...past due date!

No it's not. End of next month is due date. Don't expect a day sooner than that.

Houpilot2001
08-25-2019, 01:48 PM
No it's not. End of next month is due date. Don't expect a day sooner than that.

Hes referring to the fact that the compay had 1 month to decide to issue back pay or audit. Decision had to be made by yesterday evening. Dont expect to see anything till the end of next month.

buddies8
08-25-2019, 02:46 PM
Oh ok, I'm going with they told the mec they needed an extension with no penalties and the mec well say hey no problemo.

RawHide
08-29-2019, 06:59 AM
The word coming from a few sources is actual back pay.

buddies8
08-29-2019, 07:31 AM
We know that but when, I'm going with sept 30th.

NoValueAviator
08-29-2019, 08:05 AM
I would expect actual back pay. Otherwise it punishes the people who helped the company out by picking up a lot of OT. Then again, with Envoy anything is possible.

Inclined plane
08-29-2019, 08:14 AM
I would expect actual back pay. Otherwise it punishes the people who helped the company out by picking up a lot of OT. Then again, with Envoy anything is possible.

With actual back pay, Iíd make over 2k less than if they go with 20hrs/mo deal and I didnít pick up any OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timbird
08-29-2019, 08:20 AM

Thatís the problem. Idiots ďhelpedĒ the company in negotiations. They didnít want to help the company, Pilots were greedy and now will hopefully be screwed so they can learn.

NoValueAviator
08-29-2019, 10:46 AM
With actual back pay, Iíd make over 2k less than if they go with 20hrs/mo deal and I didnít pick up any OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, itís a win-win for them to do actual back pay.

Thatís the problem. Idiots ďhelpedĒ the company in negotiations.

Wasnít me dude, I wouldíve voted against anything without reserve enhancements after they were promised in the AIP, but the MEC knew that probably and forced it on us.

FlyPurdue
08-29-2019, 11:25 AM
The Dallas LEC spelled out what is happening with the pay I believe:

Option 1: Audit every pilot's HI1 (activity pay) for each month that LOA pay rates are not effective and pay the actual retroactive pay no later than September 30.

Option 2: Reserve pilots and line holders will receive payment for a specified number of hours at a pilot's full new hourly pay rate for each month that the new LOA pay rates are not paid. If pilots flew their vacation, picked up a lot of OT, or flew on critical coverage days, Option 2 may not cover all backpay due. Management has assured us that in these situations the pilots will be made whole. Option 2 retroactive pay also must be paid out no later than September 30. Remember that management has to reprogram the computers and unfortunately, this takes time.

highfarfast
08-29-2019, 11:36 AM

Option 1: Audit every pilot's HI1 (activity pay) for each month that LOA pay rates are not effective and pay the actual retroactive pay no later than September 30.

Option 2: Reserve pilots and line holders will receive payment for a specified number of hours at a pilot's full new hourly pay rate for each month that the new LOA pay rates are not paid. If pilots flew their vacation, picked up a lot of OT, or flew on critical coverage days, Option 2 may not cover all backpay due. Management has assured us that in these situations the pilots will be made whole. Option 2 retroactive pay also must be paid out no later than September 30. Remember that management has to reprogram the computers and unfortunately, this takes time.

We have computers now for payroll?

MochaSwirl
08-29-2019, 07:02 PM

What kind of computers are they using? The first Apple computers ever made ever?

dera
08-29-2019, 07:28 PM
What kind of computers are they using? The first Apple computers ever made ever?

DECS predates Apple computers by a few decades. You're giving them too much credit.

havick206
08-29-2019, 10:13 PM

Theyíre running FORTRAN on old ibmís

crj700
08-30-2019, 04:56 AM
Theyíre running FORTRAN on old ibmís

Closer to accurate than you think!

Cyio
08-30-2019, 07:29 AM
Closer to accurate than you think!

It still amazes me that we use such outdated technology and that you need a degree in Math to make heads or tails of our pay. It is such a ****ty system.

Sadly, if you work with AA it will probably never go away.

pitchattitude
08-30-2019, 08:53 AM
It still amazes me that we use such outdated technology and that you need a degree in Math to make heads or tails of our pay. It is such a ****ty system.

Sadly, if you work with AA it will probably never go away.
While I absolutely agree, any system the company uses has a cost benefit analysis. As long as it cannot be replaced by a more economical option it will remain. Granted, sometimes the metrics used to measure those economics are not biased towards how we would measure them and sometimes they are just just wrong, but thatís just the world we live in.

NoValueAviator
08-31-2019, 07:21 AM
Interpreting your pay stub is actually not that hard if you know what the contract entitles you to in terms of pay protection and premium for different situations.

Iím sure the process of calculating it is unnecessarily complex though

Tyrion
08-31-2019, 03:28 PM
Interpreting your pay stub is actually not that hard if you know what the contract entitles you to in terms of pay protection and premium for different situations.

Iím sure the process of calculating it is unnecessarily complex though

Pay protections at Envoy... dude, you made me spit out my Coke.

Ruddervator63
08-31-2019, 04:19 PM
Pay protections at Envoy... dude, you made me spit out my Coke.

You're pay protected for jury duty, missed one day of flying and got credited for just under 10 hours.
Other than that yeah....

NoValueAviator
08-31-2019, 05:58 PM
Hey, Iíve gotten paid for 20+ hours I didnít fly the past 3 months. Thatís pay protection.