Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Incident at EWR

vagabond
09-09-2019, 06:33 AM
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/alaska-airlines-newark-chaos

rickair7777
09-09-2019, 06:40 AM
No it wasn't racism, it was bipolar disorder on the part of the airport employee. That's been reported elsewhere.

Packrat
09-09-2019, 08:26 AM
No it wasn't racism, it was bipolar disorder on the part of the airport employee. That's been reported elsewhere.

Bipolar touched off by some sort of anti-Chinese bias. After all, she did go for the only two Chinese guys in the group. She'd really be a mess if she worked in SFO, YVR, LAX or SEA.

Skyward
09-09-2019, 02:32 PM
Of course, it’s Trump’s fault :confused: according to the comment in the article

Sounds more like a case of crazy than racism to me. It doesn’t sound like the employee should have access to the secure area or the customers for that matter.

full of luv
09-10-2019, 06:21 AM
Of course, it’s Trump’s fault :confused: according to the comment in the article

Sounds more like a case of crazy than racism to me. It doesn’t sound like the employee should have access to the secure area or the customers for that matter.

But....was she in uniform???

For those on different wave length....a reference to TSA's KCM restrictions change.

navigatro
09-11-2019, 02:04 PM

hate to tell you that bipolar does not cause racism when off their meds.

could be that she was bipolar, off meds, AND racist

GUFN
09-11-2019, 03:24 PM

My wife’s sister is bipolar. I never know whether I’m the good brother-in-law, or the evil one.

rickair7777
09-11-2019, 04:00 PM

If someone has a serious mental illness, you just need to stop there and not try to make into something it's not.

Knucklehead
09-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Heard it was a flight attendant who is “known to be bat **** crazy”. That was told to me by one of my crews. So is it indeed a FA or was it a gate agent?

navigatro
09-12-2019, 04:37 PM
I take back my previous statement. I was thinking of something else, not bipolar disorder. sorry.

Slaphappy
09-14-2019, 09:23 AM
I take back my previous statement. I was thinking of something else, not bipolar disorder. sorry.

You always jump to the racism accusation.

OleBillBraski
10-05-2019, 08:34 AM
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/amberjamieson/alaska-airlines-newark-chaos

OTZ Eagle requested 29L in EWR so he could get to Captain D’s faster on a min rest overnight.....told me “how we do it in the Boeing 180’s”.