Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Signed Retro Pay LOA

Gooselives
09-29-2019, 12:27 PM
Has anyone heard of any news on back pay from the company or union in regards to payments?

Tomorrow is the last day according to signed agreement.

crj700
09-29-2019, 05:37 PM
Back pay for June and July has been paid as specified by the agreement. August was not covered by that agreement.

HalyardJammer
09-29-2019, 05:48 PM
Back pay for June and July has been paid as specified by the agreement. August was not covered by that agreement.

Yeah I'm not seeing that. The only date mentioned is June 1st.

MEGAFUPM
09-29-2019, 06:00 PM

July premiums were not paid. So no, they did not follow the agreement. Also, I believe you are only referencing the union communication about the retroactive pay, which yes, only specifically mentioned June and July payments by September 30. However, if you read the actual LOA, it says "payments will be made based upon a time period from June 1, 2019 until the implementation of new rates." New rates were implemented September 16, which is why we got the retroactive pay for the first pay period of September 1-15. So yes, August was covered in the agreement, and even if it was not, they did not fully pay out July either.

Pedro4President
09-29-2019, 07:06 PM
Also, August back pay should be paid by September!!!!

buddies8
09-29-2019, 07:06 PM
If you got new pay rates 15th check good for you, I did not. No one can tell they did not break down the payments. For me its ot July, all August and September they owe me.

MEGAFUPM
09-29-2019, 09:28 PM
If you got new pay rates 15th check good for you, I did not. No one can tell they did not break down the payments. For me its ot July, all August and September they owe me.

If you look on your stub there should be 2 "base pay" amounts listed. The smaller one is for the difference of the old and new rates for the first pay period of September. The larger one is for the second pay period of September at the new rates.

NoValueAviator
09-30-2019, 01:42 AM
Donít listen to CR700. Heís just trying to sow confusion. All that has been paid is backpay on hours for June and July. No backpay on OT/CC, JM/JP/ext, or for any other month has been paid. Everyone Iíve looked at has the same situation.

BigZ
09-30-2019, 05:02 AM
Donít listen to CR700. Heís just trying to sow confusion. All that has been paid is backpay on hours for June and July. No backpay on OT/CC, JM/JP/ext, or for any other month has been paid. Everyone Iíve looked at has the same situation.

It gets pretty confusing due to having cr700 and crj700 in here.
The above was from crj700 and yeah, I see how the company can try to spin it that way.
However, that's exactly why there was a 15/20 hr option - either do the audit or save the effort and pay out 15/20. Nah, that's too expensive, let's do the audit, be late, pay out partially, get everyone angry. Like someone said, a good opportunity to show goodwill was just thrown out of the window.

RawHide
09-30-2019, 09:35 AM
What will alpa do to hold the companyís feet to the fire?

pitchattitude
09-30-2019, 09:52 AM
Blah, blah, blah, LOA. Blah, blah, blah, grievance.

Chato
09-30-2019, 10:13 AM

Im afraid not even a grievance this time

Cyio
09-30-2019, 11:39 AM

The same thing as always, nothing.

havick206
09-30-2019, 12:13 PM
Has anyone on here thatís complaining about the unionís lack of action bothered to file a grievance yourself and uploaded your pay slips etc?

highfarfast
09-30-2019, 12:23 PM
Has anyone on here thatís complaining about the unionís lack of action bothered to file a grievance yourself and uploaded your pay slips etc?

Planning to tomorrow. Given it's still Sept 30th, I don't think it's grievable yet.

havick206
09-30-2019, 12:41 PM
Planning to tomorrow. Given it's still Sept 30th, I don't think it's grievable yet.

Ok good. No point complaining about lack of union action on this specific point until a grievance is actually submitted.

Also be sure to upload all your pay stubs and activity sheets as pdfís etc as evidence going back before the loa. Makes it easier for the contract compliance guy/girl to process.

For your remedy requested ask for something over and above what your owed due to some sort of hardship.

Good luck.

bigtime209
09-30-2019, 03:10 PM

I'm not sure if this is a rhetorical question or not. If not, they'll do absolutely nothing.

buddies8
09-30-2019, 04:06 PM
My source tells me the the ord reps will file grievance if all monies are not paid by midnight. We shall see.

NoValueAviator
09-30-2019, 04:59 PM
My source tells me the the ord reps will file grievance if all monies are not paid by midnight. We shall see.

PZ is in our emails about it. Didnít use the G word though. 20 hour override for August, letís go.

pitchattitude
09-30-2019, 05:05 PM

At least the union has made positive communication about acknowledging the companies failure to follow through and looking for remedies.

buddies8
09-30-2019, 05:25 PM
PZ is in our emails about it. Didnít use the G word though. 20 hour override for August, letís go.

Did not see it, was on plane. Glad the ord reps not bending.

highfarfast
09-30-2019, 06:43 PM

Just for August? The way I read the LOA it was an all or nothing either/or. They didn't give us the full back pay, now they owe us 20 hr override for each month... what has been paid now will apply to the 20 hr/mo but that's more than just August.

buddies8
09-30-2019, 06:54 PM
Correct everything had to be paid by 30 sept if not 20 hours per month then. Company violated loa but has money for new hire bonuses.

pitchattitude
09-30-2019, 07:22 PM
Just for August? The way I read the LOA it was an all or nothing either/or. They didn't give us the full back pay, now they owe us 20 hr override for each month... what has been paid now will apply to the 20 hr/mo but that's more than just August.
Envoy could have alleviated this and saved a whole months worth of calculations for back pay if they had just gone ahead and made the pay rate changes prior to paying out the August mid month checks. They had plenty of time to do that, but wanted to delay. I just hope we can get some good legal enforcement on this so that it costs the company.

buddies8
09-30-2019, 10:01 PM
Good legal enforcement from our mec lawyer, please we would be better off with Michael avantti.

martyByrde
09-30-2019, 10:16 PM
Good legal enforcement from our mec lawyer, please we would be better off with Michael avantti.

Lol, or Michael Cohen

NoValueAviator
10-01-2019, 12:09 AM

Good point

Smackover
10-01-2019, 04:15 AM

This is right. They determined they could pay actual retroactive pay but they were wrong. That triggers the ďotherwiseĒ language in the LOA - 20 hours per month from June 1 to implementation of the new rates.

Chato
10-01-2019, 05:49 AM
This is right. They determined they could pay actual retroactive pay but they were wrong. That triggers the ďotherwiseĒ language in the LOA - 20 hours per month from June 1 to implementation of the new rates.

Am i understanding this right. They owe August hours plus july premium + 20 hour penalty as of October for not paying on time.
If thatís the case, the company should have went with the 20hrs/month from the start, they would be easily up to date and no penalty would apply.

Houpilot2001
10-01-2019, 07:49 AM
Am i understanding this right. They owe August hours plus july premium + 20 hour penalty as of October for not paying on time.
If thatís the case, the company should have went with the 20hrs/month from the start, they would be easily up to date and no penalty would apply.

There are no penalties in the LOA, for either party.

rld1k
10-01-2019, 08:24 AM
Can we elect some reps in Dallas that have a spine? Of course they won't pay on time or what's due. The language of the LOA is bad.

MEGAFUPM
10-01-2019, 08:52 AM
Can we elect some reps in Dallas that have a spine? Of course they won't pay on time or what's due. The language of the LOA is bad.

That's what happens when you knee jerk sign the first offer the company gives you after the AIP with no input from the pilot group.

Cyio
10-01-2019, 09:52 AM
That's what happens when you knee jerk sign the first offer the company gives you after the AIP with no input from the pilot group.
Yeap. Only two reps worth a damn are the ORD ones and they are leaving.

FlyGuy2112
10-02-2019, 12:23 PM
Is the company just gonna ignore the fact that they didnít pay us according to the LOA? Not even a sorry email.....

oldrebel
10-02-2019, 12:39 PM
You must be new here.

buddies8
10-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Paycomp states they will pay the rest on a later check. No mention as to when actually. At this point the mec board better get their hands out of their a ss( not including ord )and get this thing resolved quick

HalyardJammer
10-02-2019, 05:55 PM
Paycomp states they will pay the rest on a later check. No mention as to when actually. At this point the mec board better get their hands out of their a ss( not including ord )and get this thing resolved quick

Yeah the email I got from the pay people said they don't know when they will pay us.

havick206
10-03-2019, 02:59 AM

File your own grievance

HalyardJammer
10-03-2019, 05:25 AM
File your own grievance

According to a post on the DFW Facebook group, because the LOA hasn't been added to the contract yet, we're unable to file the grievance through the DTS function on the MEC website.

I haven't tried it yet myself, so I'm not 💯.

havick206
10-03-2019, 07:53 AM
According to a post on the DFW Facebook group, because the LOA hasn't been added to the contract yet, we're unable to file the grievance through the DTS function on the MEC website.

Just select the pay section of the contract and in your notes reference the LOA when submitting through DTS. Simple as that.

Contract compliance guys can adjust it through that back end.

At the very least it will be ok the table for the next biweekly meeting.

bigtime209
10-03-2019, 08:23 AM

If youíre unhappy with your reps, you can always recall them. Or you can just complain on the internet.

HalyardJammer
10-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Per the HI6, we're getting the remaining retro pay on the October 15th check.

Also, in case you were confused as to why you weren't paid on time,

Sorry for that confusion.

Gooselives
10-03-2019, 12:35 PM
Down plays it and saves millions and millions of dollars.

Why didnít you pay your credit card bill on time and your student loans?

Sorry for the confusion

No late penalty in real life?

havick206
10-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Per the HI6, we're getting the remaining retro pay on the October 15th check.

Also, in case you were confused as to why you weren't paid on time,

Sorry for that confusion.

Still a violation of the LOA.

buddies8
10-03-2019, 01:49 PM

What they talking about added to the contract, it's an loa they signed it, the loa is controlling. What bull. You boys in dfw better ask again the reps to explain themselves. Not part of the contract yet, with that logic mgt does not have to pay us since it's not in the contract. What total bull answer.

havick206
10-03-2019, 02:44 PM
What they talking about added to the contract, it's an loa they signed it, the loa is controlling. What bull. You boys in dfw better ask again the reps to explain themselves. Not part of the contract yet, with that logic mgt does not have to pay us since it's not in the contract. What total bull answer.

No matter what the toothless DFW reps say, just submit your own grievance and in your notes reference the LOA along with uploading all your pay stubs, activity sheets etc.

Also asked for it to not be lumped in a group grievance in your notes.

I used to process these things before moving on.

Cujo665
10-03-2019, 03:25 PM
So the company violated the CBA yet again.....
same managers playing the same games

Cujo665
10-03-2019, 03:26 PM
No matter what the toothless DFW reps say, just submit your own grievance and in your notes reference the LOA along with uploading all your pay stubs, activity sheets etc.

Also asked for it to not be lumped in a group grievance in your notes.

I used to process these things before moving on.

This !!!!

(Filler)