Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Latest MAG hotline

YVslave
10-04-2019, 10:46 AM
So, again its seems YV pilots are singled out, why?

UA jumpseat priority.

1-UA
2-Expressjet, CommutAir, Air Whisky, Trans States
3-everyone else and YV

MagPBS
10-04-2019, 11:13 AM

UA jumpseat priority.

1-UA
3-everyone else and YV

If singled out you mean included with SkyWest and Republic, then yes.

Jungedrache
10-04-2019, 11:17 AM
I didn’t even now we had priority over OAL’s so... same thing to me :D :D

YVslave
10-04-2019, 11:24 AM

I asked why? Not an amendment to my thread.

Sennant
10-04-2019, 11:52 AM
I asked why? Not an amendment to my thread.

I think he's correcting your "singled out" comment.

Rumor is because we operate for more then just United. Which fits with who's "in" and who's "out"

pangolin
10-04-2019, 12:23 PM

Republic started this and we are caught in the crossfire.

Republic started treating mainline as OAL hoping to get priority over OAL on American. That brought it all to the attention of united who changed their policy to be in line with Americans policy.

buddies8
10-04-2019, 12:46 PM
There you ga rah,

No Land 3
10-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Oh how I don't miss being treated like the unwanted step child!

Cujo665
10-06-2019, 05:25 AM
Oh how I don't miss being treated like the unwanted step child!

Tried to tell them it wouldn't end well.

Cujo665
10-08-2019, 07:14 AM

Republic started treating mainline as OAL hoping to get priority over OAL on American. That brought it all to the attention of united who changed their policy to be in line with Americans policy.

Bingo.........

blockplus
10-11-2019, 09:13 AM
There are actually 4 levels to the priority amongst pilots on UA metal.
1. Ua
2. Exclusive feed
3. Non exclusive feed (currently only gojet)
4. Oal

Mesa, Skywest and RAH are grouped with oal because they haven’t agreed to the changes. If agreed too, they would be level 3 or 2 if they become exclusive at some point.

Pilots in group 2-3 are sorted by date of hire. NOT check in time.

UA would like to have
On the exclusive express flights

1 own metal pilots
2 UA pilots (seniority)
3 express pilots (doh)
4 non exclusive (doh)
5 oal (time of check in)

And non exclusive express
1 own metal
2 UA and express ( toc)
3 oal (toc)

O2pilot
10-11-2019, 04:50 PM

UA jumpseat priority.

1-UA
3-everyone else and YV

Because there is no reciprocal jumpseat agreement. Your side has refused to sign one. So you are in group 3. You’d move to group 2 if you signed it, which includes International jumpseat. So the ball is in your court.

UALinIAH
10-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Because there is no reciprocal jumpseat agreement. Your side has refused to sign one. So you are in group 3. You’d move to group 2 if you signed it, which includes International jumpseat. So the ball is in your court.

Actually group 3
On UAL metal
1 UAL
2 UAX exclusive
3 UAX non exclusive (currently only GoJet) Will include Republic Mesa and Skywest when they sign the agreement.
4 OAL

TangoIndiaMike1
10-11-2019, 09:18 PM

The American stuff has nothing to do with the United stuff. Americans problem is that they don’t wanna pay to change their listing software to the current agreements.

United’s forcing a new agreement on everyone. You don’t sign you get put lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No Land 3
10-12-2019, 01:56 AM
The American stuff has nothing to do with the United stuff. Americans problem is that they don’t wanna pay to change their listing software to the current agreements.

I remember when UA pilots wanted priority on our own metal, so I understand why if people are hesitant to sign something new with them.

trip
10-12-2019, 02:27 AM

Sounds a lot like quid-pro-quo? Impeachable offense?

RJRUS
10-13-2019, 12:36 PM
I urge all Mesa CAs to do the right thing. Do not take any UA mainline pilots in the jumpseat until this is all sorted out.

In unity
-A Skywest CA

RJRUS
10-13-2019, 12:37 PM
I remember when UA pilots wanted priority on our own metal, so I understand why if people are hesitant to sign something new with them.

This should be a reason why you do not sign any deal or accept any UA pilots in the jumpseat.

Sniper66
10-13-2019, 01:53 PM
I urge all Mesa CAs to do the right thing. Do not take any UA mainline pilots in the jumpseat until this is all sorted out.

In unity
-A Skywest CA

That will kill the chance of any Skywest pilots getting an interview with United

They have a bad rep as it is at United
Pro standards constantly is dealing with Skywest new hires as it is at United, now this will put an end to Skywest pilots getting hired by United
Don’t be stupid

Delta is watching closely let me tell you that as well

amcnd
10-13-2019, 02:48 PM
That will kill the chance of any Skywest pilots getting an interview with United

Pro standards constantly is dealing with Skywest new hires as it is at United, now this will put an end to Skywest pilots getting hired by United
Don’t be stupid

^this guy doesn’t know what he's talking about...

Sniper66
10-13-2019, 03:30 PM
^this guy doesn’t know what he's talking about...

Ohhhhh
I do and I do know very well
What is happening with Pro standards and SKW new hires

SureJetz
10-13-2019, 03:59 PM

Don’t be stupid

Is this the rumor that the Skywest new hires are constantly questioning the CA's authority?

NovemberBravo
10-13-2019, 05:34 PM
Ohhhhh
I do and I do know very well
What is happening with Pro standards and SKW new hires

Well there’s a lot of Mesa guys with apps in tell them to give us the SKW spots

Wink
10-13-2019, 06:18 PM

In unity
-A Skywest CA

wow

10char

No Land 3
10-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Jumpseat war!!!
However, one side has more to lose than the other... I used to get into arguments with UA pilots at my air medical office over having priority on our own metal. That by itself is egregious and disgustingly spoiled for them to ever think that is ok.
The real issue and power struggle is that you want their job. Place yourself in a position where their job is no longer desirable and jumpseating is no longer needed, and you remove all of their power. However, at the end of the day, people just want to keep their job, earn a paycheck, and see their loved ones.

chrisreedrules
10-14-2019, 04:02 AM

In unity
-A Skywest CA

Good luck telling an ALPA pilot not to take another ALPA pilot on their jumpseat. The SkyWest pilots are sending a loud and clear message and people are listening. Recruiters, HR, etc... They’re listening.

Go back to your SAPA social club and sort this out. Leave the problem solving to the pilot groups who’s dues have fought and paid for the niceties you enjoy.

Coot1980
10-14-2019, 05:50 AM
Good luck telling an ALPA pilot not to take another ALPA pilot on their jumpseat. The SkyWest pilots are sending a loud and clear message and people are listening. Recruiters, HR, etc... They’re listening.

Go back to your SAPA social club and sort this out. Leave the problem solving to the pilot groups who’s dues have fought and paid for the niceties you enjoy.
Weren’t you one of the 2014/2015 hires at PSA? That new hires that went to fly new shiny jets for a concession? And you’re preaching about union unity? ALPA sold out the PSA pilots, and totally screwed over the Eagle ALPA pilots. Talk about a disgrace. Your ALPA dues haven’t fought for anything.

boxthrower
10-14-2019, 06:08 AM
Weren’t you one of the 2014/2015 hires at PSA? That new hires that went to fly new shiny jets for a concession? And you’re preaching about union unity? ALPA sold out the PSA pilots, and totally screwed over the Eagle ALPA pilots. Talk about a disgrace. Your ALPA dues haven’t fought for anything.

Look what our ALPA dues got us now. Jokes on you. How’s that United contract renewal going?

Sniper66
10-14-2019, 06:36 AM

PSA sold out their Allegheny and Piedmont brothers whollyowns
Back in 1996 for a price of RJs over a 12 hour close door session
I am sure you were at Junior high back then so ask a senior pilot there if there is one.
PSA has no room to talk about unity I may say

chrisreedrules
10-14-2019, 12:44 PM

The funny thing about our contract 2013 is that it gave us SAP and our critical pay language. SAP is hands down the best quality of life tool pilots enjoy anywhere in this industry and our original critical pay language (before the arbitrator weighed in) made us the highest paid regional at the time. Not to mention PSA was around 500 pilots back then. There was no leverage then (just like you have no leverage now). When I went to PSA I didn’t have a clue about 121. I went where I could easily commute to since we weren’t in a position to move. And given what I know now I still wouldn’t have chose differently.

SkyWest has directly benefitted from the money and efforts of ALPA pilots. And you have given nothing in return except for wasting ALPA dues on the laughable attempts to unionize.

It’s funny how so many SkyWest pilots spew this nonsense. “ALPA hasn’t done anything for regionals”. You couldn’t be more mistaken. And you couldn’t be more ill-informed about what exactly it is that ALPA does.

No Land 3
10-14-2019, 01:21 PM
The funny thing about our contract 2013 is that it gave us SAP and our critical pay language. SAP is hands down the best quality of life tool pilots enjoy anywhere in this industry and our original critical pay language (before the arbitrator weighed in) made us the highest paid regional at the time. Not to mention PSA was around 500 pilots back then. There was no leverage then (just like you have no leverage now). When I went to PSA I didn’t have a clue about 121. I went where I could easily commute to since we weren’t in a position to move. And given what I know now I still wouldn’t have chose differently.

SkyWest has directly benefitted from the money and efforts of ALPA pilots. And you have given nothing in return except for wasting ALPA dues on the laughable attempts to unionize.

It’s funny how so many SkyWest pilots spew this nonsense. “ALPA hasn’t done anything for regionals”. You couldn’t be more mistaken. And you couldn’t be more ill-informed about what exactly it is that ALPA does.

Some Skywest pilots live in an alternate reality. One of our K4 captains was jumpseating on a Skywest flight, the Skywest FO told the captain, "we are hiring, you should send in your resume".

captive apple
10-14-2019, 01:56 PM

Is the answer dictate jumpseat priority upon the lower ALPAs with threats to their career.
This guy! Haha!

FlyyGuyy
10-15-2019, 04:59 AM
PSA sold out their Allegheny and Piedmont brothers whollyowns
Back in 1996 for a price of RJs over a 12 hour close door session
I am sure you were at Junior high back then so ask a senior pilot there if there is one.
PSA has no room to talk about unity I may say
1996? Holy hell. You're not even in the right century. That was 2003. It was called Jets for jobs. And provided some furlough protection for usairways pilots.

Jungedrache
10-15-2019, 05:12 AM
Could somebody with knowledge of the topic please care to explain what where these changes UALPA is saying Skywest, Republic and Mesa didn’t agree to back in May and is the reason we are all dumped to the “OAL” priority?

And has there been official communication from our Union on the topic that I’ve missed somehow?... in addition to the email in October 11th explaining the new jumpseat priority.

Sennant
10-15-2019, 08:31 AM
Could somebody with knowledge of the topic please care to explain what where these changes UALPA is saying Skywest, Republic and Mesa didn’t agree to back in May and is the reason we are all dumped to the “OAL” priority?

And has there been official communication from our Union on the topic that I’ve missed somehow?... in addition to the email in October 11th explaining the new jumpseat priority.

United wants priority #1 on any aircraft with United paint on it.

It's been going on for a couple of years that they've tried this.

UALinIAH
10-15-2019, 08:39 AM

Completely false.

Own metal always goes first. Geez where are guys coming up with this stuff.

On non exclusive it’s still TOC for everyone after that. The charts are everywhere. You guys need to take a step back and see what the agreement is before going off the rails.
UAX NON-EXCLUSIVE CARRIER JUMPSEAT ACCESS:

Priority on UAX Non-Exclusive Aircraft Jumpseat (GoJet)
1 - FAA, Government, or Approved United Personnel
Must Ride
2 - Operating Carrier Pilots
(e.g. GoJet Pilot on a GoJet flight)
Date of Hire
3 - Operating Carrier Dispatchers
Date of Hire
4 - UA and UAX Pilots
Time of Check-in
5 -UA and UAX Dispatchers
Time of Check-in
6 -Other Airline Pilots
Time of Check-in
7- Other Airline Dispatchers
Time of Check-in
8 - Other Airline Non - CASS Pilots
Time of Check-in
9 -FAA ATC
Time of Check-in

When Skywest RAH and Mesa sign they join GoJet in this chart.

Uffda
10-15-2019, 10:30 AM
Attention: mesa jumpseating pilots, make sure the crew knows you are at the gate, despite what you have heard from Ual-Mec or Mesa Alpa, ual Gate agents may put you behind mainline pilot for your own jumpseat. Don’t be passive.

UALinIAH
10-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Attention: mesa jumpseating pilots, make sure the crew knows you are at the gate, despite what you have heard from Ual-Mec or Mesa Alpa, ual Gate agents may put you behind mainline pilot for your own jumpseat. Don’t be passive.

Gate agents don’t “put” you anywhere. They simply add your info. Are you even a 121 pilot?

Sennant
10-15-2019, 11:11 AM
Completely false.

On non exclusive it’s still TOC for everyone after that. The charts are everywhere. You guys need to take a step back and see what the agreement is before going off the rails.

Must Ride
Date of Hire
Date of Hire
4 - UA and UAX Pilots
Time of Check-in
Time of Check-in
6 -Other Airline Pilots
Time of Check-in
Time of Check-in
Time of Check-in
9 -FAA ATC
Time of Check-in

I don't count own metal. Everyone has own metal as #1.

Here's the "chart" that's been in play for over 7 years. That everyone negotiated and agreed to. And yes United pretty much forced a change from this agreed upon format to

https://i.ibb.co/RhQzLL9/46-A524-EABD674-D6093-E87-B4-CBC259594.jpg (https://ibb.co/1sR8HHL)

Own Metal (Happy)
United (always)
Express (but only the special kids)
Everyone else

UALinIAH
10-15-2019, 11:40 AM
United updated the chart to align with the rest of the industry. Priority on our non exclusives hasn’t changed. It’s the same as it always was. All UA/UAX are time of check-in behind the operating airline.

The only change is on UA and UAX exclusive flights where united has joined what DAL and American do with their exclusive (WO).

So again what is all the pushback about? Nobody is asking for any change to RAH, Mesa or Skywest plane priorities. It’s Own then all UA/UAX TOC.

The only change is on UA metal and UAL exclusive metal. Neither of which the non exclusives have any say in.

captive apple
10-15-2019, 11:44 AM
United updated the chart to align with the rest of the industry.

Completely false!!!
Where do you guys come up with it.
Nobody else has “exclusive” so pretty hard to “align”.
The industry standard word you are looking for is “wholly owned”.

UALinIAH
10-15-2019, 11:49 AM
Completely false!!!
Where do you guys come up with it.
Nobody else has “exclusive” so pretty hard to “align”.
The industry standard word you are looking for is “wholly owned”.

Fortunately UAL says they’re the same. And UAL is who pays all their feed to operate their routes.

Jungedrache
10-15-2019, 11:50 AM
There’s something else in regards to international jumpseating that Mesa hasn’t agreed to, right? Does anybody know what is it about and why we don’t want to do it?

Sniper66
10-15-2019, 11:54 AM

You are wrong
You as a Mesa pilot flying the United express aircraft will have priority on your plane.

Your management I hope will not jeopardize the 20 700s that have not been renewed
And the 48 E175 that United owns.

Sennant
10-15-2019, 12:36 PM
You are wrong
You as a Mesa pilot flying the United express aircraft will have priority on your plane.

Your management I hope will not jeopardize the 20 700s that have not been renewed

And I stipulated that in my next statement. I chose to pass over the own metal argument when posting my statement. No one is ever going to be able to override own metal.

And jumpseat agreements have nothing to do with management or cpa's.

Sniper66
10-15-2019, 12:59 PM
1996? Holy hell. You're not even in the right century. That was 2003. It was called Jets for jobs. And provided some furlough protection for usairways pilots.

Jets for jobs was signed by Mesa and plenty of USAir furloughed pilots got left seat on the CRJs out of PHL.

PSA :::Back stabbing the other 2 wholly owns...secret agreement after they lied to the other 2 wholly owns that they are all into this together : Fact

Shows the integrity of the then PSA group and their MEC

How about signing an LOA that they were willing to fly all Mesa’s 900s during Mesa’s bankruptcy cheaper than Mesa does for USAir

Most selfish regional pilot group is was and will be PSA period

Uffda
10-15-2019, 01:11 PM
You are wrong

Are you serious ?

Sniper66
10-15-2019, 02:09 PM
Are you serious ?

Yes you will have priority on your own metal

UAL alpa source

UALinIAH
10-15-2019, 08:52 PM
Just want to say thank you to the Mesa pilot group. Our new MEC update tonight informed us that you’re not taking any part in the JS denial games of the other 2 groups. Hopefully the details are worked out soon and you’re moved up a group as a non exclusive UAX provider on our flights.

ninerdriver
10-16-2019, 03:08 AM
In unity
-A Skywest CA

bwaHAHAHAHA

You can't use "in unity" with other pilots until you're in a pilot union.

pangolin
10-16-2019, 04:36 AM
Yes. Because it’s ****ing petty. Some people need to grow up a bit. There are level headed people working on a fair resolution and resisting the unwise urge to be reactive. When have you ever seen a temper tantrum come out well for anyone? They (not you) need to Grow up.

Just want to say thank you to the Mesa pilot group. Our new MEC update tonight informed us that you’re not taking any part in the JS denial games of the other 2 groups. Hopefully the details are worked out soon and you’re moved up a group as a non exclusive UAX provider on our flights.

amcnd
10-16-2019, 06:15 AM

Mesa is in a tuff spot. There 700’s CPA hasn't been renewed yet and there 175 are also coming up. Is this why the silence from Mesa ?? Im surprised they just haven't signed the UA alpa deal..??

pangolin
10-16-2019, 07:08 AM
Mesa is in a tuff spot. There 700’s CPA hasn't been renewed yet and there 175 are also coming up. Is this why the silence from Mesa ?? Im surprised they just haven't signed the UA alpa deal..??

The UA ALPA deal is a MAG MEC thing not a MESA thing.

BusBoy88
10-16-2019, 07:48 AM
I don't count own metal. Everyone has own metal as #1.

Here's the "chart" that's been in play for over 7 years. That everyone negotiated and agreed to. And yes United pretty much forced a change from this agreed upon format to

https://i.ibb.co/RhQzLL9/46-A524-EABD674-D6093-E87-B4-CBC259594.jpg (https://ibb.co/1sR8HHL)

Own Metal (Happy)
United (always)
Express (but only the special kids)
Everyone else

How do you know everyone negotiated and agreed to this? I suppose you were at the meetings?

buddies8
10-16-2019, 09:31 AM
How do you know everyone negotiated and agreed to this? I suppose you were at the meetings?

How do you know they were not

BusBoy88
10-16-2019, 10:36 AM
How do you know they were not

I'm not sure what you are asking? How do I know he/she wasn't there? I don't know, that's why I asked. If that document was agreed to and negotiated by all those airlines, I'm guessing it would say so. It also says right on the document that it is for guidance. There are numerous reasons why that document is also obsolete. Chautauqua, Shuttle America, and Atlantic Southeast Airlines don't even exist anymore. Skywest INC no long owns Expresset.

Things change Mox.

Happyflyer
10-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Completely false.

Must Ride
Date of Hire
Date of Hire
4 - UA and UAX Pilots
Time of Check-in
Time of Check-in
6 -Other Airline Pilots
Time of Check-in
Time of Check-in
Time of Check-in
9 -FAA ATC
Time of Check-in

Why is United trying to order the first 9 steps of a Go-Jet JS?
I always thought JS agreements were what pilots wanted to give and receive in return for gifting, and ALPA says it's a privilege not a right. Also, how can #8 ride the JS?

Happyflyer
10-16-2019, 06:13 PM

I think Pinnacle/Colgan/Mesaba pilots were the first group to sign onto longevity pay caps for Delta's SSP and 900's, and they were ALPA.
I think it's pertty clear they don't have SSP anymore because they purchased it with concessions, and it ran out.
Didn't Express Jet just sign a deal for 175's that strippped new hires of items in their contract?

chrisreedrules
10-16-2019, 06:18 PM
I think Pinnacle/Colgan/Mesaba pilots were the first group to sign onto longevity pay caps for Delta's SSP and 900's, and they were ALPA.

The FFD industry has many examples. The FFDs simply don’t have much leverage, even while times are good. Flying can be shifted etc...

TangoIndiaMike1
10-17-2019, 01:13 AM
United updated the chart to align with the rest of the industry. Priority on our non exclusives hasn’t changed. It’s the same as it always was. All UA/UAX are time of check-in behind the operating airline.

The only change is on UA and UAX exclusive flights where united has joined what DAL and American do with their exclusive (WO).

So again what is all the pushback about? Nobody is asking for any change to RAH, Mesa or Skywest plane priorities. It’s Own then all UA/UAX TOC.

The only change is on UA metal and UAL exclusive metal. Neither of which the non exclusives have any say in.

I don’t know who’s telling you that this is “industry” standard because that’s not republics priority on American or delta. We have different agreements on each.

No Land 3
10-19-2019, 08:54 AM
Jumpseating always brings out the best in people... Glad I am done with it.