Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Bases after the MD leaves?

wrxpilot
11-04-2019, 04:03 PM
Just curious what you guys think about the future of LAX/ANC after the MD retires... Iíve heard rumors of a 777 ANC base, but do you see LAX staying open as a crew domicile?

Fdxlag2
11-04-2019, 04:40 PM
Just curious what you guys think about the future of LAX/ANC after the MD retires... Iíve heard rumors of a 777 ANC base, but do you see LAX staying open as a crew domicile?

No one knows. Big rumor of LAX opening a 76 when the ONT ramp finishes construction. But that was a while ago.

whataclub
11-05-2019, 05:08 AM
Does the company have the ability to create co-domiciles? I could see them wanting a co-domiciled 76 LAX/ONT after the construction. There would need to be some serious contractual protections built in, especially for reserves, if that happens.

Fdxlag2
11-05-2019, 06:56 AM
Does the company have the ability to create co-domiciles? I could see them wanting a co-domiciled 76 LAX/ONT after the construction. There would need to be some serious contractual protections built in, especially for reserves, if that happens.

LAX already includes ONT and everything in between I believe. So the answer is yes.

USMCFDX
11-05-2019, 08:52 AM

There are still rumors that Indy will close.

flextodaline
11-06-2019, 02:50 AM
Two new bases......HNL, to service Asia.....MIA for SA, and the new junior base will be FNT.

Until it's on the ramp and painted purple, it's all a guessing game except for whatever the attorneys and accountants deem necessary.

Relax....enjoy the fall weather......

Hacker15e
11-06-2019, 04:19 AM
Ready to go back to Subic?

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/money/companies/714243/fedex-returning-to-phl-amid-us-china-trade-war-envoy/story/?ataglance

2BEER
11-06-2019, 05:36 AM
https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/11/06/19/fedex-to-keep-asia-pacific-hub-in-china-plans-clark-expansion

hoya saxa
11-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Aw man, got me all excited. I miss those Subic layovers. The wild, Wild West!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

appDude
11-07-2019, 12:29 PM
Aw man, got me all excited. I miss those Subic layovers. The wild, Wild West!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More accurately: The Wild, Wild East. Far East