Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : EDV next new base

invadertim
11-10-2019, 08:29 AM
With CVG now official, I kinda wonder if more bases are in the future. The company has said CVG is all for 2020, but they did imply that others might be coming. I suppose RDU is the most likely next one, but I wonder about others. Lately Iíve been thinking that BOS could happen, or maybe something in Florida or Texas.

Or maybe nothing and weíd better like it or weíll see the back of DALís hand! Food for thought anyhow.

blindfayth
11-10-2019, 08:43 AM
RPA is opening bos base Dec 1, next month.

Chances of us also opening one there is zero.

KelvinHelmholtz
11-10-2019, 08:43 AM
With CVG now official, I kinda wonder if more bases are in the future. The company has said CVG is all for 2020, but they did imply that others might be coming. I suppose RDU is the most likely next one, but I wonder about others. Lately Iíve been thinking that BOS could happen, or maybe something in Florida or Texas.

Or maybe nothing and weíd better like it or weíll see the back of DALís hand! Food for thought anyhow.

Zero chance of BOS. Republic is getting more flying there for DL and opening a base. Texas? Florida? are you high? we barely fly to any airports in these states. RDU is the only one I see even being a small possibility.

invadertim
11-10-2019, 09:01 AM
Zero chance of BOS. Republic is getting more flying there for DL and opening a base. Texas? Florida? are you high? we barely fly to any airports in these states. RDU is the only one I see even being a small possibility.

High on life man, high on life. The Texas thing, well DAL had at one time a hub in Dallas, and someone dropped a fair amount of money into refurbishing DFW, a place Iíve seen a bit of. Florida, I go there too, but yeah it was just a notion. Didnít know about RP and BOS, but thatís why I read this thing.

theUpsideDown
11-10-2019, 09:10 AM
High on life man, high on life. The Texas thing, well DAL had at one time a hub in Dallas, and someone dropped a fair amount of money into refurbishing DFW, a place Iíve seen a bit of. Florida, I go there too, but yeah it was just a notion. Didnít know about RP and BOS, but thatís why I read this thing.

Hey if we (mainline) can keep stealing American airlines customers, who knows! Start the rumor about a dfw base maybe it'll happen!

AimHigh1
11-11-2019, 07:03 AM

RDU in 2021. Heard it here first.

Mesabah
11-11-2019, 09:39 AM
I doubt we see a new base for the next 5 years. My guess is Delta is going to like isolating 3 regionals to their geographic regions, and that means more flying in current bases.

KelvinHelmholtz
11-11-2019, 09:46 AM
I doubt we see a new base for the next 5 years. My guess is Delta is going to like isolating 3 regionals to their geographic regions, and that means more flying in current bases.

I think MSP closing is more likely than any other new bases opening.

Fourpaw
11-11-2019, 03:42 PM
I think MSP closing is more likely than any other new bases opening.

100% agree.

Also, anyone see ABQ joining our Jepp charts?

ninerdriver
11-11-2019, 06:14 PM
Also, anyone see ABQ joining our Jepp charts?

Yeah. It was already there... this is an update of the 10-7. I think it's part of the every-airport-is-a-SWOA-airport campaign they just launched.

preflight
11-12-2019, 03:24 AM
I'll go with DEN for $200 Alex!

Blueskies21
11-13-2019, 07:21 AM
It looks like we're only getting bases where mainline has bases probably for the eventual staple ;-). So based on their new regional strategy there's not another east coast mainline base for us to open. Get comfortable with what we've got.