Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Boutique Air

sreeder1
11-27-2019, 08:49 AM
Hey guys! I'm a new member here. I'm just curious if any of ya'll have any knowledge on Boutique Air? So far, I've heard all positive things. During my interview I was told relocation was not necessary. Is commuting a practical option for this job? 4 on 3 off. I live in SAT so DFW would be doable but I'm unsure about commuting to any other base. Think I would just end up spending my days off commuting if I got LAX for example.

Sanguy
11-27-2019, 09:14 AM
Hey guys! I'm a new member here. I'm just curious if any of ya'll have any knowledge on Boutique Air? So far, I've heard all positive things. During my interview I was told relocation was not necessary. Is commuting a practical option for this job? 4 on 3 off. I live in SAT so DFW would be doable but I'm unsure about commuting to any other base. Think I would just end up spending my days off commuting if I got LAX for example.

Commuting is possible, but not practical. You'll still need a crash pad of some sort at your base. Some do commute though.

Joebob21
11-27-2019, 09:18 AM

Well itís certainly not 4 on 3 off, itís highly variable. Commuting while not recommended, would be doable. Crossing time zones to commute is inadvisable. Make sure you have plenty of flights from where you commute from otherwise you risk not making it to work and getting in trouble for it. If youíre coming on as an FO spending money on hotels and crash pads will quickly eat up any money you make. Just my .02 cents.

FLYGUYRY
11-27-2019, 10:30 AM
Been commuting since April. Itís doable but you will likely need a crash pad. If you can commute on primarily Southwest or United itís not bad at all, my only option is Delta and itís rough to say the least. You must give yourself 3 options to make it to work so depending on where you are commuting from keep in mind this may mean coming in the day or night before a shift which starts to eat into your limited time off. We are at the bottom of the list to jump so just keep that in mind. If you can live in base your QOL will be much, much better.

scubadiver
11-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Good to see a newer thread about Boutique. I have heard mixed things about it. I have heard that if you can live in base it is much better, but commuting is doable but will impact QOL, like others have said.

Sreeder1, At least you have the option to drive. You are probably right between which one is better, drive or fly, but it's nice to have that as an option.

Prop LT
11-27-2019, 04:23 PM
Pm me with your questions.

MacrossJet
11-28-2019, 02:49 AM
What was the interview like? What was your total time at time of hire?

V35guy
02-03-2020, 09:17 PM
I'm interested in Boutique Air also. Any updates? In particular I'm looking at the Portland domicile.

Joebob21
02-04-2020, 08:38 AM
I'm interested in Boutique Air also. Any updates? In particular I'm looking at the Portland domicile.

there is another thread-Boutique air-updated info. Check that out. Portland is a small domicile with 1 route and a wait list for pilots wishing to transfer.