Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Planesense life

Tggreene77
12-08-2019, 12:25 PM
Is there any current or ex Planesense pilots, wiling to discuss Planesense via PM or phone? I am retired 121 pilot with an offer from the company.

Thanks

tanker
12-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Check your PM

scubadiver
12-20-2019, 03:30 PM
Check your PM

I would like to know more too. I have offers from some other places and would like to know more about Planesense.

I am considering Planesense, Tradewind, Boutique, or a regional airline (ExpressJet). Trying to pick my poison.

dera
12-20-2019, 03:40 PM
I would like to know more too. I have offers from some other places and would like to know more about Planesense.

I am considering Planesense, Tradewind, Boutique, or a regional airline (ExpressJet). Trying to pick my poison.

Tradewind is an awesome job, as long as you can live in one of their bases, it's not commutable, and are willing to complete the commitment.

David Puddy
12-20-2019, 04:18 PM

If your long term goal is the airlines and you have the required hours, just go to Expressjet and start to build your jet hours.

If you are more inclined to fly corporate or 135, Planesense would be a very good introduction to that type of flying. Plus, you would see a lot of interesting airports you will never see in the airlines. The PC12NG is an incredible airplane. Itís a shame Planesense doesnít have more PC24s because getting that type of jet experience would be fantastic if you didnít have to wait years and years to bid it.

scubadiver
12-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Tradewind is an awesome job, as long as you can live in one of their bases, it's not commutable, and are willing to complete the commitment.

That is what I have come to understand. I am from the Northeast and wouldn't really mind living there again. It is really inconvenient to move right now though so ideally another option that wouldn't require a move but just as good QOL would be ideal, but probably not available.

scubadiver
12-20-2019, 04:27 PM
If your long term goal is the airlines

I have no idea. I am not sure I would like the schedule. I might, but don't know. I DO know I like to be home every so that type flying is ideal even thought I would probably make MUCH less over the course of a career (even though I am already half way through my working years).

David Puddy
12-20-2019, 05:30 PM
I have no idea. I am not sure I would like the schedule. I might, but don't know. I DO know I like to be home every so that type flying is ideal even thought I would probably make MUCH less over the course of a career (even though I am already half way through my working years).

Planesense might be a good option. Again, you will have a schedule and it will enable you to fly into anything from hectic airline hubs like BOS and LGA to smaller airstrips in the Bahamas. Planesense would provide exposure to many types of flying and you could later decide what you want.

Czaude2
12-21-2019, 09:28 AM
Itís a shame Planesense doesnít have more PC24s because getting that type of jet experience would be fantastic if you didnít have to wait years and years to bid it.

There are 5 PC24s on property with seniority number 60 out of 150 pilots poised to start the PC24 type fwiw.

tanker
12-21-2019, 05:09 PM
scubadiver
If you are looking to be home every night then PlaneSense is not the place you want to be. When you are on your 8 day rotation you will be in a hotel every night.

Heywood2
12-22-2019, 01:09 AM
scubadiver
If you are looking to be home every night then PlaneSense is not the place you want to be. When you are on your 8 day rotation you will be in a hotel every night.

If you are looking to be home every night, you are in the wrong profession.....

MaxMar
12-22-2019, 05:50 AM
Tradewind Aviation will have you back in base almost every single night if thatís important to you (itís important to me). I just checked and so far this year I have spent the night away from base 42 times. Average 3.5 nights in hotels per month. That includes my 3 or 4 day stay in DFW for upgrade sims.

sounddoc
02-29-2020, 07:54 AM
scubadiver

Speak for yourself. I'm home pretty often mid-cycle which is averaged around 7 days. I haven't done a solid 8 in a while. PSM based too. I know this isn't the case for everyone though.