Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

6ix9ineYearFlow
01-04-2020, 04:02 AM
Asking for 2,300 friends*, ALPA. It doesn't even have to be "interactive" at this point. Just something.

Thanks,

Team Pilots

p.s. holy attrition, Batman. So many Envoyers actively trying to leave ASAP; Spirit should be renamed 'Envoy South.'

*disclaimer: no idea how many pilots are on property because of the lack of updated seniority list

tommy2times
01-04-2020, 04:33 AM
I can do so much more with the money I would save goin to ALPA worthless...

moon
01-04-2020, 05:02 AM
I can do so much more with the money I would save goin to ALPA worthless...

ALPA does so much more than just a seniority list... you wouldn't have the money you send to ALPA if it wasnt for ALPA. Go back to making 25/HR in protest of the seniority list if you want.

tommy2times
01-04-2020, 05:11 AM
ALPA does so much more than just a seniority list... you wouldn't have the money you send to ALPA if it wasnt for ALPA. Go back to making 25/HR in protest of the seniority list if you want.

Yes that is why most first officers live in their parents basement or garage at the regional level. ALPA for the regionals is horse manure.

Pedro4President
01-04-2020, 05:38 AM
Yes that is why most first officers live in their parents basement or garage at the regional level. ALPA for the regionals is horse manure.

Really?? Come on be serious. Starting out pay for year one is about 60k. Letís be real thatís a pretty good starting salary for year one pay. Would I like it to be better? No not really. I want CA pay to increase again.

Now I will agree with you there needs to be a unifying union for regionals other than ALPA.

Pedro4President
01-04-2020, 05:41 AM
Asking for 2,300 friends*, ALPA. It doesn't even have to be "interactive" at this point. Just something.

Thanks,

Team Pilots

p.s. holy attrition, Batman. So many Envoyers actively trying to leave ASAP; Spirit should be renamed 'Envoy South.'

*disclaimer: no idea how many pilots are on property because of the lack of updated seniority list

I love little newbies all worried about the seniority list. I remember when I was all concerned about it and continually tried to tell myself it would get better with each base transfer below me.

Word of advice just relax and not look at it. Everyday.

buddies8
01-04-2020, 06:19 AM
They will be on reserve until they are not, they will flow when it's their turn and not before. Keep crying about the seniority list, you wont move up any faster.

tommy2times
01-04-2020, 06:45 AM
Really?? Come on be serious. Starting out pay for year one is about 60k. Letís be real thatís a pretty good starting salary for year one pay. Would I like it to be better? No not really. I want CA pay to increase again.

Now I will agree with you there needs to be a unifying union for regionals other than ALPA.

$60k thatís a joke! I am just merely saying that I would like to shave off the ALPA useless cut, so I can afford a $13 subway sandwich in the airport and get some veggies in me instead of constantly eating dollar store/aldiís preservatives junk out of my bag.

But seriously
01-04-2020, 08:17 AM

ALPA negotiated the $25/hour contract we used to be under.

dera
01-04-2020, 08:56 AM
The latest seniority list will be published Jan 15th. It was a bit late last year so hoping it will be on time this year.

Pedro4President
01-04-2020, 12:44 PM
$60k thatís a joke! I am just merely saying that I would like to shave off the ALPA useless cut, so I can afford a $13 subway sandwich in the airport and get some veggies in me instead of constantly eating dollar store/aldiís preservatives junk out of my bag.

ALPA doesnít take a cut the first year and they may take about a 1000$ the next year. Just pick up OT one day every quarter for your first two years and you can afford that subway sandwich. Iím not sure where you are based but there are somewhat affordable food options at DFW and MIA. ORD and NY arenít so lucky.

AV8R72
01-06-2020, 10:09 AM
ALPA doesnít take a cut the first year and they may take about a 1000$ the next year. Just pick up OT one day every quarter for your first two years and you can afford that subway sandwich. Iím not sure where you are based but there are somewhat affordable food options at DFW and MIA. ORD and NY arenít so lucky.

On SB at LGA, lunch wipes out all 8 hours of per diem!

buddies8
01-06-2020, 01:54 PM
Dont eat there

coodrough568
01-06-2020, 02:20 PM

We will all be able to afford to eat there now thanks to the Max boosting our profit sharing!!!

highfarfast
01-06-2020, 05:04 PM

Honestly, bring your own food. You’ll save money, increase your chances of passing a medical all the way to 65, and live longer.

Save your money and your ‘sin food’ moments for the overnight when you’re working with a crew you like. Don’t buy food at the airport.

Seriously, I’d like per diem higher too but there are bigger things to be pushing for than an extra 40 cents per hour for food (the difference between the envoy per diem and AA’s).

dera
01-07-2020, 09:12 PM

Thanks,

Team Pilots

Answer to your disclaimer: 2380. As of today.

Chato
01-08-2020, 04:01 PM
New sen list on alpa website..

Varsity
01-18-2020, 07:29 AM
It's actually a very good/simple/easy document. Kudos on the Union, they did a good job.

The old one was a mess.

Chato
01-18-2020, 08:07 AM
It's actually a very good/simple/easy document. Kudos on the Union, they did a good job.

The old one was a mess.

no estimate on your flow time tho

LowvalueFO
01-18-2020, 08:50 AM
ALPA negotiated the $25/hour contract we used to be under.

That, also if you look a little outside the 121 box, every darn King Air driver is making around 100k these days, yet we fly an airplane 5x the size with 40+ souls and making peanuts compared ... let that sink in for a minute.

BigZ
01-18-2020, 08:51 AM
take your number, subtract the number currently flowing, divide by 20, divide by 12
that's your ballpark.

tommy2times
01-18-2020, 09:02 AM
take your number, subtract the number currently flowing, divide by 20, divide by 12
that's your ballpark.

Thatís like a decade holy smokes...

MEGAFUPM
01-18-2020, 09:23 AM
Thatís like a decade holy smokes...

I generally divide by 25-28 and then 12, to account for current/expected attrition over the entire time here. If the attrition this year stays the same or higher you could even divide by 30 and still be conservative.

Tellheritwasntu
01-18-2020, 09:42 AM

Itís your current number minus 190 (for the lifers) divided by 20. Thatís how many months you have, itís literally that simple

Cyio
01-18-2020, 10:51 AM
Itís your current number minus 190 (for the lifers) divided by 20. Thatís how many months you have, itís literally that simple
Glad I have my apps out.