Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pilot Pete

Fourpaw
01-06-2020, 07:32 PM
So I’m guessing I’m not the only one whose spouse has been preparing for this seasons “Bachelor” with Pilot Pete Weber. He’s the latest eligible bachelor who happens to..wait for it...also a new hire at Delta. Just curious how that works? Guy seems like an...well interesting character...how exactly did he make it past the interview board. Either way, found it very interesting how he was on last years “Bachelorette” program as a Compass CA and now he’s a Delta FO doing the Bachelor. I must be selecting the wrong options on my PBS for time off. Wasn’t there an option for realty star needing 6 months off, I must have missed that!

m3113n1a1
01-06-2020, 07:36 PM
So I’m guessing I’m not the only one whose spouse has been preparing for this seasons “Bachelor” with Pilot Pete Weber. He’s the latest eligible bachelor who happens to..wait for it...also a new hire at Delta. Just curious how that works? Guy seems like an...well interesting character...how exactly did he make it past the interview board. Either way, found it very interesting how he was on last years “Bachelorette” program as a Compass CA and now he’s a Delta FO doing the Bachelor. I must be selecting the wrong options on my PBS for time off. Wasn’t there an option for realty star needing 6 months off, I must have missed that!

He was a DL pilot last year too. He's actually a nice guy, everyone who has flown with him seems to like him.

Mesabah
It's obviously a company publicity stunt.

PassportPlump

He’s a good dude. Lay off the haterade. Who cares man? Let him do his thing and wish him well!!

NavyFlyer
01-06-2020, 07:38 PM
I’ve heard he’s a very nice guy, and that he got the nod from ATL before he started filming both shows.

If he’s good for the brand, he’s good for us. Cheap advertising—well worth his LOA’s.

I won’t begrudge the guy. And if I ever see that he’s my FO, I’ll make sure to bring him a rose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoop
01-06-2020, 08:22 PM
I flew a trip with him last summer - I agree good dude.

Scoop

DALFA
01-06-2020, 08:43 PM

The company has leaves of absence that they can grant on a case by case basis. As others have said, it's great publicity for the company. A few years back we had a FA as a contestant on a reality TV show for a bit and she got the time off from the company as well.

Mesabah
01-06-2020, 09:03 PM
According to Twitter, one of the girls, Madison, her dad is an Auburn coach. Yep, that's who I would go with.

80ktsClamp
01-06-2020, 09:14 PM
I flew a trip with him last summer - I agree good dude.

Scoop

That is universal from the LAX 737 guys I know.

Gordie H
01-06-2020, 09:28 PM
And if I ever see that he’s my FO, I’ll make sure to bring him a rose.

Lol, that'd be pretty funny.

I understand he almost landed last seasons Bachelorette?...oh well, I'm sure he'll get lots of tail this season..

Seriously though, seems like a pretty cool cat.

badflaps
01-07-2020, 12:49 AM
At one time a DAL F/A was Miss NYC in the Miss America Contest. Every time I flew with her, she would come up to the cockpit and go to sleep on the jump seat. Tough gig, I guess.

Banzai
01-07-2020, 05:12 AM
I’m just jealous, because there’s no way I’d ever make it on either show. So good for him!

Fourpaw
01-07-2020, 05:42 AM
Okay, okay no haterade here. Just irritated that he got time off for this but my request for my Rhythmic Gymnastics competition was denied.

captjns
01-07-2020, 05:58 AM
Lol, that'd be pretty funny.

I understand he almost landed last seasons Bachelorette?...oh well, I'm sure he'll get lots of tail this season..

Seriously though, seems like a pretty cool cat.

You mean empennage👍

CBreezy
01-07-2020, 06:07 AM
Okay, okay no haterade here. Just irritated that he got time off for this but my request for my Rhythmic Gymnastics competition was denied.

I'm sure if your Rhythmic Gymnastics competition was nationally televised and has more than 7 people watch it, you would have gotten off.

GliderCFI
01-07-2020, 06:10 AM
Maybe instead of new ALPA lanyards we should all wear a windmill pin or a lanyard that says "Windmill 2020".

PassportPlump
01-07-2020, 06:10 AM

I applaud him and think it’s awesome. My 25 year old self would’ve done that no problem.

I am putting the over under on girls banged on his season at 11.

11/30 is pretty awesome.

Edit: also my guess is after the fifth rose ceremony there will be zero flight attendants remaining on his season lol

crewdawg
01-07-2020, 06:19 AM
More power to him. Dude will likely end up with a nice little side income stream as a result. I have to imagine pretty much everyone on that show is doing it to further some other career ambitions, but whatever, girls seem to love watching it. Also what passport said!

Mesabah
01-07-2020, 06:20 AM
The best possible outcome for the company is he winds up single at the end, due to factors beyond his control. That will cause an uptick in ticket sales from the hopeless romantics.

Humbleavi8t0r
01-07-2020, 06:22 AM
Thanks to Pete, we have all moved up a point on the factor scale. If you were a 6, you are now a 7. Thanks Pete.😃

crewdawg
01-07-2020, 06:22 AM
The best possible outcome for the company is he winds up single at the end, due to factors beyond his control. That will cause an uptick in ticket sales from the hopeless romantics.

The same girls that love watching other girls degrade themselves on national television just for a chance to hook up with a dude, don't care about such trivial things as if he is taken or not...

notEnuf
01-07-2020, 06:29 AM
My personality wouldn’t go over well on TV... way to sarcastic.

My looks on the other hand might get me a radio gig. :D

tunes
01-07-2020, 06:30 AM
I’ve heard he’s a very nice guy, and that he got the nod from ATL before he started filming both shows.

If he’s good for the brand, he’s good for us. Cheap advertising—well worth his LOA’s.

I won’t begrudge the guy. And if I ever see that he’s my FO, I’ll make sure to bring him a rose.

i actually heard the exact opposite of this.

GogglesPisano
01-07-2020, 06:37 AM
Has he ever disclosed what airline he works for?

Milk Man
01-07-2020, 07:01 AM
Thanks to Pete, we have all moved up a point on the factor scale. If you were a 6, you are now a 7. Thanks Pete.😃

What if Im a 10 already?

forgot to bid
01-07-2020, 07:01 AM
From the interweb 3 days ago:

In a stunning twist that not even Reality Steve could’ve predicted, current Bachelor leading man Peter Weber (who wants to remind you that he’s more than a windmill), is going back to work.

And it’s not as an Instagram influencer for Flat Tummy Tea or Sugar Bear Hair!

[B]Per an interview with USA Today, Weber confirmed that he resumed piloting for Delta Air Lines a week after he returned from filming his rocky Bachelor season, which is the job he held for about a year prior to competing on The Bachelorette last summer.

“That’s my passion,” Weber, who flies 737s as a first officer, said about flying. “That’s my first love.” He added that he has no desire to leave his job before he hits the FAA-mandated retirement age of 65.

Fun fact: Weber is based in Los Angeles. Delta operates out of Terminals 2 and 3. Happy sleuthing!

forgot to bid
01-07-2020, 07:04 AM
They would never ask me to be on a show like this because of simple bigotry; turns out the world only wants to look at attractive people.

But I did have two victoria secret models come to the cockpit once on a flight to lax.

I really enjoyed that. A lot.

Extenda
01-07-2020, 07:12 AM
I surprised I’m in the minority. Reality TV is American cultural cancer. I don’t like when it’s remotely associated with my profession.Further, I know dozens of guys who would give their left arm to get hired here, and wouldn’t take inordinate amounts of time off. The “piloty” segments on the show were totally embarrassing for all of us. Again just MHO, I appear to be alone here!

FLT000
01-07-2020, 07:18 AM
You are not alone.

GogglesPisano
01-07-2020, 07:26 AM
Reality TV is about as authentic and fulfilling as professional wrestling. Right up there with “talent” shows.

skidmark
01-07-2020, 07:27 AM
Yes I’m sure he’s a nice guy. That being said the show is trashy and brings the brand down. I don’t want to hear about the number of chicks my fo has banged. Flame suit on. Old guy out.

Denny Crane
01-07-2020, 07:30 AM
“Reality TV” is an oxymoron.

Denny

Scoop
01-07-2020, 07:31 AM
What if Im a 10 already?

You ever see Spinal Tap?

Scoop:D

notEnuf
01-07-2020, 08:00 AM
Yes I’m sure he’s a nice guy. That being said the show is trashy and brings the brand down. I don’t want to hear about the number of chicks my fo has banged. Flame suit on. Old guy out.

Welcome to 2020. The Beverly Hillbillies, Archy Bunker and Opie are on reruns or youtube. Your president is a reality star, get used to it.

Gunfighter
01-07-2020, 08:47 AM
What if Im a 10 already?

From now on your dates can stop drinking when you are a 9...

Cosa Nostra
01-07-2020, 12:16 PM
Welcome to 2020. The Beverly Hillbillies, Archy Bunker and Opie are on reruns or youtube. Your president is a reality star, get used to it.

I'm ****ed that I am much better looking. :P

DWC CAP10 USAF
01-07-2020, 12:45 PM
Funny thing is that his Dad is a UAL Captain and his Mom is/was a UAL FA. His Twitter page showed tweets of him saying his dream job is to fly for UAL.

RUMINT is that he has been spotted at a UAL job fair very recently.

PilotJ3
01-07-2020, 01:11 PM
Funny thing is that his Dad is a UAL Captain and his Mom is/was a UAL FA. His Twitter page showed tweets of him saying his dream job is to fly for UAL.

RUMINT is that he has been spotted at a UAL job fair very recently.

Hope he leaves then...

gloopy
01-07-2020, 01:14 PM
Hope he leaves then...

Slow your roll there chief.

Let's see who he picks first...

badflaps
01-07-2020, 02:03 PM
I was hanging around when Fox was filming "Temptation Island", both the U.S. and international versions, never have seen so many self absorbed losers. (Except the French girls, of course.)

Jiggawatt
01-07-2020, 02:13 PM
Why do people think this is PR for Delta? The company, to my knowledge, has never commented on him or the show. It’s never stated on the show or in promotional materials that he works for Delta. Am I missing something?

Also, does anyone know for certain that he received “extra” time off via a leave of absence or other means? I’m not sure the company (or other pilots as represented by ALPA) would be okay with that. Given the nature of the show and their ability to edit, its possible he was able to fit the filming for the show around his schedule via normal means (PBS, APD/drops, vacation).

tunes
01-07-2020, 04:37 PM
Why do people think this is PR for Delta? The company, to my knowledge, has never commented on him or the show. It’s never stated on the show or in promotional materials that he works for Delta. Am I missing something?

Also, does anyone know for certain that he received “extra” time off via a leave of absence or other means? I’m not sure the company (or other pilots as represented by ALPA) would be okay with that. Given the nature of the show and their ability to edit, its possible he was able to fit the filming for the show around his schedule via normal means (PBS, APD/drops, vacation).

i heard he applied for a LOA and was denied and was just swap board dropping all his trips.

Trip7
01-07-2020, 05:05 PM

Also, does anyone know for certain that he received “extra” time off via a leave of absence or other means? I’m not sure the company (or other pilots as represented by ALPA) would be okay with that. Given the nature of the show and their ability to edit, its possible he was able to fit the filming for the show around his schedule via normal means (PBS, APD/drops, vacation).You might want to do a lil more research on this onehttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200108/f955f44455c0a61f40f619f462b505f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

PassportPlump
01-07-2020, 05:28 PM
It’s more fun I guess to say that Delta doesn’t support him, denied his LOA, and he put all of his trips on the swap board and just left and went to Hollywood. Then between filming went to a job fair for United.

Meanwhile you’re alone in a hotel room posting about him while he’s in a mansion full of hot women. #jealousmuch?

https://thepointsguy.com/news/flying-delta-pilot-peter-weber/

PilotJ3
01-07-2020, 05:30 PM
It’s more fun I guess to say that Delta doesn’t support him, denied his LOA, and he put all of his trips on the swap board and just left and went to Hollywood. Then between filming went to a job fair for United.

Meanwhile you’re alone in a hotel room posting about him while WAS in a mansion full of hot women. #jealousmuch?

Fixed for you...show is done. Everything is recorded way before it goes on TV.

FedEx Pilot
01-07-2020, 05:31 PM

Meanwhile you’re alone in a hotel room posting about him while he’s in a mansion full of hot women. #jealousmuch?

Just been a lurker, but that was a solid roast I had to speak up and commend you on. Bravo

Denny Crane
01-07-2020, 07:57 PM
From now on your dates can stop drinking when you are a 9...

Lol!!!! Now that there is funny!!!!:D

Well done!

Denny

freezingflyboy
01-07-2020, 08:15 PM

I'm not sure why I, as a fellow employee of said company and a dues paying member of ALPA, should give a rip if the company approves an LOA for anyone to do anything. Thats between that person and the company. If someone wants to take a month or a year off without pay to sail around the world, hike the Appalachian Trail, meditate with monks in Mongolia, get a degree in feminist basket poetry or whatever I say go for it. None of my business and may you carpe that friggin diem!

RamenNoodles
01-07-2020, 09:28 PM

Well, he was in a social media post with Ed recently. I’ll try to find it and share but at the moment I’m off to bed.

End of the day, the company approved all of this. I worked with Pilot Jake and his Bachelor excursions were NOT sanctioned by the company and he was not allowed to say who he worked for. Stark contrast to Pilot Pete.

Who cares anyway? He’s not affecting any of us whatsoever.

GunshipGuy
01-08-2020, 06:13 AM

If you want the time of you can submit a request for a personal leave of absence. Have you done that?

Fourpaw
01-08-2020, 06:26 AM
If you want the time of you can submit a request for a personal leave of absence. Have you done that?

It was just a joke...

GunshipGuy
01-08-2020, 08:12 AM
It was just a joke...

Ok. I don’t hold it against him in the least. If the company can spare him and he wants to take some time away, then no issues. I did the same thing in the past. Well, I didn’t get a spot on a network TV reality show. But I did apply for and was granted a two-year PLOA.

Unlike pilots who take military leave, pilots who take a personal leave of absence receive no contributions toward their 401k, nor Profit Sharing for what they would have made had they been working for their year(s) away from Delta (unlike United Airline pilots who don’t get PS when on mil leave).

notEnuf
01-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Ok. I don’t hold it against him in the least. If the company can spare him and he wants to take some time away, then no issues. I did the same thing in the past. Well, I didn’t get a spot on a network TV reality show. But I did apply for and was granted a two-year PLOA.

Unlike pilots who take military leave, pilots who take a personal leave of absence receive no contributions toward their 401k, nor Profit Sharing for what they would have made had they been working for their year(s) away from Delta (unlike United Airline pilots who don’t get PS when on mil leave).

That’s the Moak-around LOA in case your business flops, right?

Gunfighter
01-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Who cares anyway? He’s not affecting any of us whatsoever.

It actually helps the pilots junior to him in his category, because they all bid one number higher for the months he is gone. If anyone senior to me wanted to take a PLOA, I would help them fill out the application.

MSP7ERB
01-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Slow your roll there chief.

Let's see who he picks first...

Madison and Hannah (not Hannah B, the other one) are his final 2. He is currently dating someone who wasn't even on the show.

Jiggawatt
01-08-2020, 04:55 PM
I'm not sure why I, as a fellow employee of said company and a dues paying member of ALPA, should give a rip if the company approves an LOA for anyone to do anything. Thats between that person and the company. If someone wants to take a month or a year off without pay to sail around the world, hike the Appalachian Trail, meditate with monks in Mongolia, get a degree in feminist basket poetry or whatever I say go for it. None of my business and may you carpe that friggin diem!

Interesting, I honestly didn’t expect that response. I’m pretty new here, I thought other pilots might see this Bachelor thing as “special treatment.” Doesn’t it seem like it would be a little chaotic if people could apply for time off (even unpaid) for pretty much anything? How is that different than another form of vacation? Seems like quite a few pilots have sufficient savings, a working spouse, or a second/third income stream and would happily take anywhere from a couple weeks to a few months off if they could stay on the seniority list. Looks like I might be looking at this the wrong way if most pilots don’t have any heartburn over it.

Mommysays
01-10-2020, 11:18 AM
I applaud him and think it’s awesome. My 25 year old self would’ve done that no problem.

I am putting the over under on girls banged on his season at 11.

11/30 is pretty awesome.

Edit: also my guess is after the fifth rose ceremony there will be zero flight attendants remaining on his season lol

LOL he eliminated them all but one on night one! I completely understand why...

Mommysays
01-10-2020, 11:24 AM
madison and hannah (not hannah b, the other one) are his final 2. He is currently dating someone who wasn't even on the show.

***spoiler alert****

dbrownie
01-11-2020, 04:21 PM
I am much more offended at some cubicle pilot flying as Capt way out of his seniority.

Good for Pete.

MarvinB
01-11-2020, 04:52 PM
I am much more offended at some cubicle pilot flying as Capt way out of his seniority.

Good for Pete.

Succinct and spot on.

TED74
01-11-2020, 05:33 PM
If you're offended, you must not be one of the actual captains being bought off so he can fly from the left seat. I wish he flew more! I am much more offended at some cubicle pilot flying as Capt way out of his seniority.

Good for Pete.

Hawker445
01-11-2020, 11:38 PM
I'm guessing he's LAX based? What equipment is he flying?

I met him years ago around socal.

Thruster
01-12-2020, 03:57 AM
I'm guessing he's LAX based? What equipment is he flying?

I met him years ago around socal.

737. Right seat.

dbrownie
01-12-2020, 04:21 AM
If you're offended, you must not be one of the actual captains being bought off so he can fly from the left seat. I wish he flew more!

Well not actually offended, just doesn’t seem right and words fail me.

iaflyer
01-12-2020, 07:28 AM
Why do people think this is PR for Delta? The company, to my knowledge, has never commented on him or the show. It’s never stated on the show or in promotional materials that he works for Delta. Am I missing something?If you look carefully in the background of some shots, you'll see Delta signage. When he was walking around LAX, it was in the Delta terminal. There was also a picture of him in his faux uniform, and in the background was a Delta plane. Nothing is accidental... I've only seen the first 20 minutes, I don't know how the rest of it is like.

tennisguru
01-12-2020, 08:37 AM
If you look carefully in the background of some shots, you'll see Delta signage. When he was walking around LAX, it was in the Delta terminal. There was also a picture of him in his faux uniform, and in the background was a Delta plane. Nothing is accidental... I've only seen the first 20 minutes, I don't know how the rest of it is like.

But your wife sure does...

iaflyer
01-12-2020, 12:56 PM
But your wife sure does...Actually she doesn't - she's been in the aviation business for a long time (not a FA)and just laughed at the corniness of it all. She watched about 5 minutes of it and said she had other things to do.

A friend texted her the next day and said, "how does it feel to have 30 women competing to be like you? ;-) " My wife just laughed.

Han Solo
01-13-2020, 03:41 AM
A friend texted her the next day and said, "how does it feel to have 30 women competing to be like you? ;-) " My wife just laughed.

I just tried that line on my wife, I did not get laid. YMMV.

badflaps
01-13-2020, 03:43 AM
I'll bet you forgot the rose.

iaflyer
01-13-2020, 11:11 AM
I just tried that line on my wife, I did not get laid. YMMV.Ha, didn't work for me either.

Broncos
01-14-2020, 09:04 PM

It's because you were not in a windmill.

Karnak
01-15-2020, 03:14 AM
I tried it on my wife last night, and it worked like a charm! It was amazing!

Only issues were her insisting I turn all the lights off, and her calling out, "Pete! Oh Pete!" a couple of times. Didn't let it distract me, though. Once the launch sequence has been initiated, I'm a mission hacker.

Thanks Pilot Pete! My birthday isn't for a few months, so I owe you.

Big E 757
01-15-2020, 03:57 AM

That is funny!