Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ONT Domicile Schedule Breakdown

ASAPsafetyGUY
01-16-2020, 08:23 AM
1. Top 25 percent get _______________ kind of schedules.

2. Middle group gets _______________ flying.

3. Bottom and reserve guys can expect ____________ for _________ amount of time.

Ontario is a __________ base. (Seniority) (fleet)

Asking for myself :)

tnkrdrvr
01-16-2020, 08:32 AM
Iím not a 75 guy, but my impression is top 25% get some decent international lines, middle 50% get assorted domestic ranging from forgettable to awful, bottom 25% get screwed. ONT is our junior base for a lot of reasons, ranging from the line quality to how much everyone loves California. If you live local itís probably a good deal, otherwise not so much.

ASAPsafetyGUY
01-16-2020, 11:17 AM
Iím not a 75 guy, but my impression is top 25% get some decent international lines, middle 50% get assorted domestic ranging from forgettable to awful, bottom 25% get screwed. ONT is our junior base for a lot of reasons, ranging from the line quality to how much everyone loves California. If you live local itís probably a good deal, otherwise not so much.

thanks for the insight. I am quite local to ONT.

Disco Stu
01-16-2020, 01:39 PM
thanks for the insight. I am quite local to ONT.

Then you should be golden.... bid a bunch of reserve, sit at home and pick up extra when you want....

ASAPsafetyGUY
01-16-2020, 04:17 PM
Then you should be golden.... bid a bunch of reserve, sit at home and pick up extra when you want....

awesome. Is there any such thing as daytime flying for you or i whilst on reserve? Or at all for that matter? Just curious. I do redeyes now and donít mind night flying.

C2078
01-16-2020, 05:13 PM
Reserve in most bases/fleets/seats tend to go senior due to how our reserve system works.

JohnnyR
01-16-2020, 05:45 PM
Reserve in ONT tends to go junior for FOís

C2078
01-16-2020, 05:58 PM
Interest as I cannot hold B reserve in SDF or ANY reserve in MIA.

gsphuntr
01-17-2020, 09:03 AM
Because driving from anywhere worth a sheeit to live (Coastal) on RSV is a special kind of hell... but, if Riverside county is your thang - RSV is a sweet gig. Iíd venture to say, most of the ONT crews live in that 60-90 minute range that can quickly turn into 120-180 minutes - hence - RSV isnít all that senior in ONT.

ASAPsafetyGUY
01-17-2020, 09:07 AM
Because driving from anywhere worth a sheeit to live (Coastal) on RSV is a special kind of hell... but, if Riverside county is your thang - RSV is a sweet gig. Iíd venture to say, most of the ONT crews live in that 60-90 minute range that can quickly turn into 120-180 minutes - hence - RSV isnít all that senior in ONT.

sign me up. Whereís the dotted line. Iím 30 minutes from ONT.

FTv3
01-17-2020, 09:23 AM
The company got wise with contract language concerning SDF crews. We have scheduling limiting language based on early duty window (EDW) and critical report time (CRT), think true back side of the clock hours of the day. The catch is that this language is based on local domicile time, meaning your base. The company figured out to flow ONT crews to SDF then fly them in and out of SDF with almost complete disregard to EDW and CRT rules due to the time zone difference between California and EST. The result has been a lot of nasty night flying for ONT crews that wouldnít be contractual for SDF based pilots to fly.

ONT base is 76/75 only.

trackpilot
01-17-2020, 09:42 AM
The company got wise with contract language concerning SDF crews. We have scheduling limiting language based on early duty window (EDW) and critical report time (CRT), think true back side of the clock hours of the day. The catch is that this language is based on local domicile time, meaning your base. The company figured out to flow ONT crews to SDF then fly them in and out of SDF with almost complete disregard to EDW and CRT rules due to the time zone difference between California and EST. The result has been a lot of nasty night flying for ONT crews that wouldnít be contractual for SDF based pilots to fly.

ONT base is 76/75 only.

Hopefully this gets changed in the next contract.

ASAPsafetyGUY
01-17-2020, 12:24 PM

ONT base is 76/75 only.

clever stuff. When you say flow, do you mean work them to SDF or DHD them start and finish on pairing/rotation?