Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : IPAD OS Update Fails

Scoop
01-26-2020, 05:19 PM
Anyone else have issues loading the 13.2.3 update? I keep getting the message "Software Update Failed."

I called IT and they said it was a known issue and I need to wait for the next update. Did I miss a memo on this? I would be interested to know if anyone else is having similar issues and if they were able to resolve it.

Thanks Scoop

CX500T
01-26-2020, 05:31 PM
I keep on getting the icrew pop up saying g I'm out of date for IOS but I have the latest version.

Also my ipad is very wonky with zoom and pan after update in FD Pro

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

forgot to bid
01-27-2020, 01:45 AM
I keep on getting the icrew pop up saying g I'm out of date for IOS but I have the latest version.

Also my ipad is very wonky with zoom and pan after update in FD Pro

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I feel like my touch screen is rather intermittent since one of the updates

Two Kings
01-27-2020, 02:31 AM

I have the same problem. I have a personal iPad as well and have never had an issue with it like this one.

crewdawg
01-27-2020, 02:37 AM
Anyone else have issues loading the 13.2.3 update? I keep getting the message "Software Update Failed."

I called IT and they said it was a known issue and I need to wait for the next update. Did I miss a memo on this? I would be interested to know if anyone else is having similar issues and if they were able to resolve it.

Thanks Scoop

Ya, there has been some stuff put out about it on deltanet I think. It's made the rounds on the FB groups so it's a known issue among lots of pilots.

Same, and we lost the magnifying glass when you press and hold in jepp flight deck pro. Dumb.

sailingfun
01-27-2020, 03:23 AM

The screens can get a film that makes them act intermittently. Clean the heck out of it and see if it helps.

forgot to bid
01-27-2020, 03:26 AM
The screens can get a film that makes them act intermittently. Clean the heck out of it and see if it helps.

I'll try that. In fact. I'll do it right now.

grasshopper
01-27-2020, 06:09 AM
FTB...boogers can cause screen problems

grasshopper
01-27-2020, 06:10 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/9Dm75Si0va4I3rngm2/200w.gif?cid=19f5b51a50b54470cd958d830facb9ac63254 4aaed376460&rid=200w.gif (https://giphy.com/gifs/sandiegozoo-nose-giraffe-pick-9Dm75Si0va4I3rngm2)

notEnuf
01-27-2020, 06:54 AM
3 tries for me, hotel wifi won't cut it. Did fine at home.

DARR31
01-27-2020, 09:08 AM

Thanks Scoop

Same here. Was on vacation and had some warnings from iCrew. Tried 3 times to include shutting down the iPad and restarting my router, no joy. Went to the Deltanet EFB page and they said some pilots are having an issue and that they have a ticket in with Apple and to check back later. Good to know that we can just wait until the next update!

Flying Monkey
01-28-2020, 04:39 AM
So we just wait? I havenít taken the time to look up the official word. Obviously.

Jiggawatt
01-28-2020, 12:11 PM
So we just wait? I havenít taken the time to look up the official word. Obviously.

yes... next update will be out Feb 3. We can just wait until then to update (according to company via Skyhub).

grkero
01-28-2020, 01:38 PM
I called IT yesterday, and they are working the problem with Apple. They told me to wait until an email/bulletin is sent when it is fixed.

forgot to bid
01-29-2020, 03:08 PM

Not if they're eaten. Somewhat soon.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/VillainousDeadAldabratortoise-small.gif

D B Cooper
01-31-2020, 05:50 AM
Speaking of the iPad,. How have people been doing the IQ CBT's. Aside from the C series and 350, they aren't iPad compatible. Last time I did an IQ we had the Microsoft tabs, and that wasn't an issue. Is it too much to ask training and IT to update things?

Wolf424
01-31-2020, 06:54 AM
Speaking of the iPad,. How have people been doing the IQ CBT's. Aside from the C series and 350, they aren't iPad compatible. Last time I did an IQ we had the Microsoft tabs, and that wasn't an issue. Is it too much to ask training and IT to update things?

You can request them to be iPad compatible via a form on the LMS page. Word of caution, if you request it after you have started your CBTs, it resets your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D B Cooper
01-31-2020, 07:21 AM
Thanks,. I talked with training about that. After 2 days of throwing my head against the wall, and at the advice of IT, I stole a Samsung tablet.