Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Camp Creek parking lot not safe

TheWagman
01-27-2020, 06:40 AM
fox5atlanta.com/news/delta-employee-shot-and-killed-at-atlanta-airport-parking-lot.amp (http://fox5atlanta.com/news/delta-employee-shot-and-killed-at-atlanta-airport-parking-lot.amp)

management better fix this

3 green
01-27-2020, 06:51 AM
Was it one of the local thugs who shot her or another employee?

Trip7
01-27-2020, 06:59 AM
Was it one of the local thugs who shot her or another employee?Another employee that was her boyfriend (or maybe ex boyfriend). Both rampers I'm hearing. Looks like a case of Fatal Attraction

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

TheWagman
01-27-2020, 07:00 AM
Good question... I donít know. Given the area the parking lot is in, I believe action is warranted either way...

3 green
01-27-2020, 07:12 AM
Another employee that was her boyfriend (or maybe ex boyfriend). Both rampers I'm hearing. Looks like a case of Fatal Attraction

Not surprising. I have recently seen rampers with gang tattoos on the employee bus.."Southside Crips". No kidding.

Thruster
01-27-2020, 07:25 AM
Not surprising. I have recently seen rampers with gang tattoos on the employee bus.."Southside Crips". No kidding. I don't think Delta cares who they hire for the ramp now, whomever will do it cheap is all that matters.

Do the Southside Crips have to go through additional random screening like us or do they get to swipe a badge and enter the secure area?

Milk Man
01-27-2020, 07:40 AM
.........deleted

DALFA
01-27-2020, 01:35 PM
Good question... I donít know. Given the area the parking lot is in, I believe action is warranted either way...

The employee lot is in one of the worst parts of town. The gas station across the street has cops called there on a regular basis and there was a shooting (another one!) there just a few days ago.

The either need to lease space somewhere else and make that the employee lot (maybe on the south side of the airport?) or make sure there's cameras covering every inch of the lot along with increased security roaming the lot 24/7.

Trip7
01-27-2020, 02:14 PM
The employee lot is in one of the worst parts of town. The gas station across the street has cops called there on a regular basis and there was a shooting (another one!) there just a few days ago.

The either need to lease space somewhere else and make that the employee lot (maybe on the south side of the airport?) or make sure there's cameras covering every inch of the lot along with increased security roaming the lot 24/7.The location of the employee lot has nothing to do with another employee shooting their significant other who's also an employee

Jaww
01-27-2020, 02:29 PM
The location of the employee lot has nothing to do with another employee shooting their significant other who's also an employee

Why not? Said individual probably felt it was a great place to commit such a crime. These things donít always happen in a bubble. Criminals look for places like this, itís not rocket science.

sailingfun
01-27-2020, 03:27 PM
You are giving 98% of the criminals out there way to much credit.

Jaww
01-27-2020, 03:33 PM
You are giving 98% of the criminals out there way to much credit.

You are giving the 2% not enough. And thatís all it takes.

CBreezy
01-27-2020, 03:45 PM
Why not? Said individual probably felt it was a great place to commit such a crime. These things donít always happen in a bubble. Criminals look for places like this, itís not rocket science.

Are you kidding? There are WAY better places to commit a crime than in a company parking lot.

Jaww
01-27-2020, 03:55 PM
Are you kidding? There are WAY better places to commit a crime than in a company parking lot.

Agreed. But targets of opportunity are how criminals thrive. Read up. Sometimes the least expected is the most likely.

badflaps
01-27-2020, 03:56 PM
So what you are saying is no more back seat romps with the Delta Dixie Darlings.

Jaww
01-27-2020, 03:56 PM
In all fairness, I feel fine on Virginia Ave during training...during the day.

Hank Kingsley
01-27-2020, 04:34 PM
In all fairness, I feel fine on Virginia Ave during training...during the day.

Don't have to run faster than the bear, just the old fat Captain.

80ktsClamp
01-27-2020, 04:43 PM
I remember years ago hearing about someone jumping an employee walking to their car in the Memphis lot.

The person that got jumped was ex special forces... it did not go well for the jumper.

SonicFlyer
01-27-2020, 07:32 PM
This is why you always carry your firearm.

SonicFlyer
01-27-2020, 07:36 PM
I remember years ago hearing about someone jumping an employee walking to their car in the Memphis lot.
Memphis is a lot more dangerous city than Atlanta

01-28-2020, 04:20 PM
Shouldnít there be a separate parking lot for pilots only? Itís not asking for that much.

Big E 757
01-28-2020, 07:50 PM
Shouldnít there be a separate parking lot for pilots only? Itís not asking for that much.

If we asked for that, then the FAís are going to want their own parking lot. Get used to that mentality.

NavyFlyer
01-28-2020, 10:19 PM
If we asked for that, then the FAís are going to want their own parking lot. Get used to that mentality.

I think the person youíre replying to was kidding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badflaps
01-29-2020, 03:18 AM
The county would close it for looking too much like a junk yard.

Falcon20
01-29-2020, 03:28 AM
The county would close it for looking too much like a junk yard.

bwahahaha so true while the Other lot would look like a staging area for the Atlanta Car Show

Han Solo
01-29-2020, 04:32 AM
I finished a trip last night and there was a cop car right after the entry gate sitting in the middle with his lights flashing. Not sure exactly what that's supposed to accomplish. How about we start with better lighting, more sheds open after dark, more roving patrols, and operable cameras with sufficient resolution to read license plates and identify faces?

Viking busdvr
01-29-2020, 04:42 AM
I finished a trip last night and there was a cop car right after the entry gate sitting in the middle with his lights flashing. Not sure exactly what that's supposed to accomplish. How about we start with better lighting, more sheds open after dark, more roving patrols, and operable cameras with sufficient resolution to read license plates and identify faces?

Why should our money/negotiating capital be used for those that choose to drive in to work?? You should move to an outstation and fly to work from said outstation like many others doó. NOT commuting is a choice!! :D:D:D

Han Solo
01-29-2020, 04:49 AM
Why should our money/negotiating capital be used for those that choose to drive in to work?? You should move to an outstation and fly to work from said outstation like many others doó. NOT commuting is a choice!! :D:D:D
If I get shot in the parking lot it might cause a delay, can't have that.

DWC CAP10 USAF
01-29-2020, 07:21 AM
If I get shot in the parking lot it might cause a delay, can't have that.

Thats why we have guys on short call.

Big E 757
01-29-2020, 09:09 AM
I think the person youíre replying to was kidding...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I figured. So was I....kind of.

TiredSoul
01-29-2020, 09:12 AM

Yes as pilots have never killed their significant other :rolleyes:
Astronauts have never driven cross country wearing a diaper to kill a love rival either.

Navmode
01-29-2020, 03:17 PM

pure gold

Funk
01-29-2020, 03:22 PM
It appears the shooter killed two women in one night. He shot himself when police attempted to stop the car he was in.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/south-fulton-county/man-who-shot-delta-employee-killed-another-person-earlier-that-night-police-say/VAQZCQEOSJFE5EBU2X32VY2F6Y/