Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Netjets Hiring Mins

RA550
01-27-2020, 07:35 AM
Hello guys!
Does anybody know if and when the new minimums will come into effect? Or will they just start automatically selecting apps according to those mins now?
Sitting at around 2200 hrs TT, and would like to know if I should send my app now. Thanks in advance!

MWilliams
01-27-2020, 07:52 AM
The last I heard was mid Feb. Within a few hours of the new mins becoming official Im sure you will see it posted here. Best of luck to you.

RA550
01-27-2020, 07:55 AM
The last I heard was mid Feb. Within a few hours of the new mins becoming official Im sure you will see it posted here. Best of luck to you.

Great! Thank you!

Shenzi105
01-30-2020, 03:53 PM
1500 TT but still need 250 ME, no?

MWilliams
01-30-2020, 04:38 PM
I have not seen anything official, but what I have heard is 1,500TT, 250ME & 125IFR.

Infoman
01-31-2020, 04:57 PM
The new mins take affect 1 Feb per company weekly advisory.

RA550
01-31-2020, 05:09 PM
Excellent!

Thanks for the info!

Infoman
01-31-2020, 05:32 PM
The mins per the weekly email.
ATP certificate or written exam (multi engine land)
1500 TT
250 hour fixed wing ME time
150 hours imc ( actual or simulated flight-exclude simulator)
I have posted the times per the weekly email. Hope this helps.

RA550
01-31-2020, 05:39 PM
Thank you!

Does this mean that I could send in my app tomorrow?

I am at 2200 hrs TT with the rest of the new mins met and passed.

MWilliams
01-31-2020, 05:41 PM
Yes, best of luck to you.

RA550
01-31-2020, 05:43 PM
Excellent!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!

Retractable
02-01-2020, 03:22 AM
Exciting news.

Happy hunting to all applicants!

kls81
02-01-2020, 03:36 AM
Are they still doing a sim eval during the interview?

Thanks

Dustin77327
02-01-2020, 04:13 AM

Thanks

yes they are still doing a sim evaluation.

jtf560
02-01-2020, 08:18 AM

ThanksOne really bad hire (with a fairly quick termination) will probably keep the sim eval on the table for quite a while unless NetJets goes to an abinitio scheme.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

kls81
02-01-2020, 08:31 AM
Ok thank you!!!
Also, I believe I heard they went or are going to AQP training?

jtf560
02-01-2020, 08:39 AM
Ok thank you!!!

Also, I believe I heard they went or are going to AQP training?That is true. It is getting spooled up, but not all the way going yet. A couple of fleets are starting this year.

shrsailplanes
02-01-2020, 12:22 PM
The website still showed 2500TT this morning. I submitted anyway. Maybe the website just hasnít caught up yet.

jtf560
02-01-2020, 12:25 PM
The website still showed 2500TT this morning. I submitted anyway. Maybe the website just hasnít caught up yet.The company weekly email yesterday specifically said the mins would drop as of today. That said, it usually takes the entire company a while to be on the same page for changes. Good luck.

Retractable
02-01-2020, 12:57 PM
That is true. It is getting spooled up, but not all the way going yet. A couple of fleets are starting this year.

Latitude and Sovereign start now.

The rest of the fleets remaining to stay on property should be in some phase of AQP phase in by the end of 2020.

Recurrently first followed by initials.

9 month training cycle, just like 121.

Egliderjet
02-01-2020, 02:36 PM
Gonna need to lower the mins since XO now pays way more then Netjets current PIC scale through at least year 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWilliams
02-01-2020, 04:02 PM
Are you sure about that? If you are just looking at base pay I can see where you could say that. However when you look at the whole contract you will change your mind.

Egliderjet
02-01-2020, 04:29 PM
A yes, the contract as a hole and over a career is better then XO, mainly because there is a contract. But that doesnít mean that Netjets base pay isnít low (was before) but now a ďcompetitorĒ and not just comparing NJ to the airlines mid paying very similar wages year 1 to what looks like close to year 7. 7 years is a long
Time to wait for the compensation that is deserved, let alone the 14 year upgrade still at Netjets.

The XO pay is also tied to TT in Type, which is different, and could pose a big pay cut regardless of YOS If the company decides to dispose the fleet you have all your time in.

MWilliams
02-01-2020, 04:57 PM
What does a year 1 pilot at NetJets make? What does a year 7 NetJets pilot make?

As for the upgrades you are right, 14 years is a long time. But the 14 year upgrade is for the pilots hired in 2005-2008. Unless something changes, pilots hired after 2015 will not be in the right seat for that long.

NetJets and the contract is still a work in progress. Time will tell how it all plays out.

Egliderjet
02-01-2020, 05:17 PM
No year 7 pilots exist at NJ, based on what a year 5 FO makes, XO wins by about 10-20k for similar days worked, all up. About year 8 it looks like the FO at NJ will finally pull ahead. But wonít catch up until most likely year 15ish Would be my guess.

Flyfalcons
02-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Gonna need to lower the mins since XO now pays way more then Netjets current PIC scale through at least year 5.

So you gonna jump over there? Or to those 700K widebody captain jobs you keep bringing up?

Dustin77327
02-01-2020, 07:08 PM
No year 7 pilots exist at NJ, based on what a year 5 FO makes, XO wins by about 10-20k for similar days worked, all up. About year 8 it looks like the FO at NJ will finally pull ahead. But wonít catch up until most likely year 15ish Would be my guess.

whats a year 5 FO make at XO? Are you using a 5 year captains salary at XO VS Netjets?

MWilliams
02-02-2020, 04:26 AM

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

So the question that should be asked, are you looking for a 5 year stepping stone job, or are you looking for something longer than that?

Retractable
02-02-2020, 04:29 AM

Your numbers donít add up.

Show them or put your ridiculous argument where it belongs; the trash.

All of us talk to XO pilots, have mutual friends and we know what each other makes.

To this day, no NetJets pilot has voluntarily gone to work at XO.

02-02-2020, 05:07 AM
Must've applied too early or still not competitive, applied when I heard the mins were dropping and they said TBNT. A little less than 2000 TT, only 92 hours instrument though simulated and actual (no simulator).

Gators42
02-02-2020, 05:11 AM
I asked this question on the Flexjet thread but havenít received an answer.

Can anyone tell me what the currency requirements at NJ are? For example what would be required following a 60, 90, or 120 day deployment with the Guard/Reserve?

C2078
02-02-2020, 05:25 AM
Latitude and Sovereign start now.

The rest of the fleets remaining to stay on property should be in some phase of AQP phase in by the end of 2020.

Recurrently first followed by initials.

9 month training cycle, just like 121.

It is called CQ (continuing qualification) and some operators use 12 month cycles, yes, even Captains.

Marko
02-02-2020, 05:31 AM
Must've applied too early or still not competitive, applied when I heard the mins were dropping and they said TBNT. A little less than 2000 TT, only 92 hours instrument though simulated and actual (no simulator).Did you expect something else before you meet the mins?

Marko
02-02-2020, 05:32 AM

Can anyone tell me what the currency requirements at NJ are? For example what would be required following a 60, 90, or 120 day deployment with the Guard/Reserve?It depends. If you missed a training event, you'd likely start with that. Otherwise, just back to the line.

jtf560
02-02-2020, 06:48 AM
Must've applied too early or still not competitive, applied when I heard the mins were dropping and they said TBNT. A little less than 2000 TT, only 92 hours instrument though simulated and actual (no simulator).The new minimums dropped, including instrument time, but that only dropped to 150 hours (simulated in airplane OK, flight simulator time not allowed in calculation). Get another 58 hours of actual or hood time and then try again. Good luck.

DH2time
02-02-2020, 06:52 AM
The new minimums dropped, including instrument time, but that only dropped to 150 hours (simulated in airplane OK, flight simulator time not allowed in calculation). Get another 58 hours of actual or hood time and then try again. Good luck.

Something caught my eye on this one. Are you saying some people mark down simulator time as instrument time? You specifically said NJA will not count it but that implies some people must....thatís jacked.

jtf560
02-02-2020, 06:56 AM
Something caught my eye on this one. Are you saying some people mark down simulator time as instrument time? You specifically said NJA will not count it but that implies some people must....thatís jacked.It must have happened because the company email was specific about it.

Retractable
02-02-2020, 02:22 PM
It is called CQ (continuing qualification) and some operators use 12 month cycles, yes, even Captains.

Some might.

We do not appear to be on that track.

9 months. What other carriers do is not really my concern. What NetJets does.... is.

It has been determined that 9 month cycles is what we will do. Most carriers are on this same cycle program.

Considering NetJets is the first and only Part 135 carrier to be approved for AQP, Iím extremely proud of our training team and our executive and union leadership for supporting this initiative.

It will pay dividends... but it will pay in safety to be sure.

DH2time
02-02-2020, 07:44 PM
Some might.

We do not appear to be on that track.

9 months. What other carriers do is not really my concern. What NetJets does.... is.

It has been determined that 9 month cycles is what we will do. Most carriers are on this same cycle program.

Considering NetJets is the first and only Part 135 carrier to be approved for AQP, Iím extremely proud of our training team and our executive and union leadership for supporting this initiative.

It will pay dividends... but it will pay in safety to be sure.

Boy bro, you MUST be management to be spouting like that. Extremely proud? Proud of what? You are a 135/91/91K operation that most people have never heard of. What you should be proud of is your family, your legacy, your network of friends, your life and not your employer.

They got approval to switch to continuing qualification for cost sake and the ability to lower staffing levels. Just like they got rid of that stupid 7 day company recurrent they had for years, cost savings and cost savings only. Most are 12 months but if you are 9 cool beans, means nothing in the grand scheme. Now of course 121 style training deserves 121 style pay though...maybe some better work rules. Maybe implementation of 117 test rules, there goes the 7 day trips and FDP pay...uh oh this can be the beginning of a slippery slope.

If they really cared about safety they would drop FSI and go in house. FSI, they train and check their own training, yup no conflict of interest there.

illinipilot
02-02-2020, 09:32 PM

Can anyone tell me what the currency requirements at NJ are? For example what would be required following a 60, 90, or 120 day deployment with the Guard/Reserve?

In addition to recurrent there are graduated levels of re-training that must be accomplished. I don't know all of the requirements but I know that there is a short IOE requirement starting with 90 days missed. I've taken a couple of 6mo LOAs that only required recurrent and about 7 days worth of IOE. At some point an initial is required (maybe at the 12 month mark?)

Retractable
02-03-2020, 05:08 AM
Boy bro, you MUST be management to be spouting like that. Extremely proud? Proud of what? You are a 135/91/91K operation that most people have never heard of. What you should be proud of is your family, your legacy, your network of friends, your life and not your employer.

They got approval to switch to continuing qualification for cost sake and the ability to lower staffing levels. Just like they got rid of that stupid 7 day company recurrent they had for years, cost savings and cost savings only. Most are 12 months but if you are 9 cool beans, means nothing in the grand scheme. Now of course 121 style training deserves 121 style pay though...maybe some better work rules. Maybe implementation of 117 test rules, there goes the 7 day trips and FDP pay...uh oh this can be the beginning of a slippery slope.

If they really cared about safety they would drop FSI and go in house. FSI, they train and check their own training, yup no conflict of interest there.

Lol. Now moral lessons on what and who i should be proud of? Preach much? Iím making a limited statement on AQP as it relates to NetJets acceptance into the program.

Iím proud of the accomplishment. Itís far from easy and it was the culmination of years of hard work but many.

So far as the rest, none of that is really your concern anymore. Staying in ones lane comes to mind.

DH2time
02-03-2020, 06:03 AM
Lol. Now moral lessons on what and who i should be proud of? Preach much? Iím making a limited statement on AQP as it relates to NetJets acceptance into the program.

Iím proud of the accomplishment. Itís far from easy and it was the culmination of years of hard work but many.

So far as the rest, none of that is really your concern anymore. Staying in ones lane comes to mind.

Hey Bartender, this is an internet message board. Itís all one big happy lane. If I want to make a comment I can, if you want to make a comment feel free, itís all good.

Retractable
02-03-2020, 06:20 AM
Hey Bartender, this is an internet message board. Itís all one big happy lane. If I want to make a comment I can, if you want to make a comment feel free, itís all good.

Well then... tell us where you work now and weíll be happy to drive down your street.

DH2time
02-03-2020, 07:12 AM
Well then... tell us where you work now and weíll be happy to drive down your street.

Dude I have invited you to PM when you are in the NoCal area for a little surf or ski. Well Iíll still meet with ya but give me a little more time before those activities. Got 3 more months before I can walk without a little help after the old knee surgery. They tell me 12 months before back to normal...

shrsailplanes
02-04-2020, 04:29 AM
Donít suppose anyone has been contacted yet after the new hiring mins were announced?

RA550
02-04-2020, 06:36 AM
Donít suppose anyone has been contacted yet after the new hiring mins were announced?

Not yet. Still waiting. Sent in my app on Saturday as soon as the new mins went into effect.

Also, anybody knows what the next step would be if selected? Email, phone call?

And just curious, what planes are new hires getting assigned? And when do they let you know about that?

MWilliams
02-04-2020, 07:31 AM
And just curious, what planes are new hires getting assigned? And when do they let you know about that?

Since the November class all but one have gone to the phenom. There was one XLS, that pilot was too tall for the phenom. In the past year new hires have been put into the phenom, XLS, sovereign and latitude. You will get your aircraft assignment on the last day of basic indoc.

Best of luck to you

RA550
02-04-2020, 07:32 AM
Since the November class all but one have gone to the phenom. There was one XLS, that pilot was too tall for the phenom. In the past year new hires have been put into the phenom, XLS, sovereign and latitude. You will get your aircraft assignment on the last day of basic indoc.

Best of luck to you

Excellent!

Thank you!!

Das Auto
02-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Since the November class all but one have gone to the phenom. There was one XLS, that pilot was too tall for the phenom.

Just curious. How tall is too tall? Does anybody know the magic formula, or is there a general rule of thumb?

Shenzi105
02-04-2020, 08:58 AM
Just curious. How tall is too tall? Does anybody know the magic formula, or is there a general rule of thumb?

It's mostly an inseam size measurement. there are a couple 6'3" guys in the past 3 classes who got the Phenom and one 6'4" who 'fitted' out. Some 6'2" fitted out too prior. But leg length matter.

shrsailplanes
02-04-2020, 10:20 AM
6,-4Ē, 32Ē inseam, fingers crossed for the Latitude or Sovereign.

jtf560
02-04-2020, 10:36 AM
6,-4Ē, 32Ē inseam, fingers crossed for the Latitude or Sovereign.It depends mostly on the length from your knee to hip. When you sit in the seat with it all the way down and all the way back you can't have your knees touching the bottom of the panel in front of you.

David Puddy
02-04-2020, 11:17 AM

I am roughly six feet tall and sat in the FO seat in a Netjets Phenom and I could see how you could be cramped and feel a bit claustrophobic pretty quick. I canít imagine being taller in that thing - you canít move the seats back.

Now the Latitude was a different story - a definite improvement up front. If you are tallish (or heavy), pray that you get the Latitude.

MinRest
02-04-2020, 05:15 PM
I am roughly six feet tall and sat in the FO seat in a Netjets Phenom and I could see how you could be cramped and feel a bit claustrophobic pretty quick. I canít imagine being taller in that thing - you canít move the seats back.

Now the Latitude was a different story - a definite improvement up front. If you are tallish (or heavy), pray that you get the Latitude.

It doesnít matter what size you are. The Phenom 300 is uncomfortable.

Retractable
02-04-2020, 05:30 PM
It doesnít matter what size you are. The Phenom 300 is uncomfortable.

Screen name #6.

DH2time
02-04-2020, 07:05 PM
Screen name #6.

Whatís the odds that the Bartender is actually all the screen names? He is just punking everyone by arguing with himself.

MinRest
02-04-2020, 07:26 PM
Whatís the odds that the Bartender is actually all the screen names? He is just punking everyone by arguing with himself.

Is one still a bartender when their bar folds? Alas, he isn't all the screen names, but lots of us did witness him argue with himself using several screen names like: FLYLOW22, NDeezNutz, CaFarFul, Johnny251 and others.

DH2time
02-04-2020, 07:57 PM
Is one still a bartender when their bar folds? Alas, he isn't all the screen names, but lots of us did witness him argue with himself using several screen names like: FLYLOW22, NDeezNutz, CaFarFul, Johnny251 and others.

Once a Bartender always a Bartender.

Retractable
02-05-2020, 01:23 AM
Mark the post. Heís back.

Just couldnít stay away I suppose.

Our ďlittleĒ NetJets/Phenom hating Alaska Airlines pilot is back!

IamGroot
02-05-2020, 04:14 AM
[QUOTE=Retractable;2971173]Mark the post. Heís back.

Feels like your looking in a mirror, huh.............

Retractable
02-05-2020, 06:04 AM

Nah.

More like Groundhog Day...

Only I keep seeing the bitter former employee that only has himself to blame for coming here prior to ejecting for Virgin, another bitter former employee whoís his surfing wingman, another self absorb fellow who thinks biting the hand that feeds him will somehow pay dividends and you... who doesnít care about too much except taking shots at one person in particular.... which is pointless and always has been.

Retractable
02-05-2020, 06:05 AM

Nah.

Only I keep seeing the bitter former employee that only has himself to blame for coming here prior to ejecting for Virgin, another bitter former employee whoís his surfing wingman, another self absorb fellow who thinks biting the hand that feeds him will somehow pay dividends and you... who doesnít care about too much except taking shots at one person in particular.... which is pointless and always has been.

This thread is about NetJets new hiring minimums.

Try and keep up gentlemen.

DH2time
02-05-2020, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE=IamGroot;2971205]

Nah.

This thread is about NetJets new hiring minimums.

Try and keep up gentlemen.

you just quoted yourself?

Staying on topic is very important, we can all agree to that. Trying to make yourself out as a victim in this whole thing is absolutely untrue. You like to throw out insults then when they are volleyed back you look around saying what did I do?!? Thatís not how it works. Your statement above is full of insults then you say we should stay on topic. Stop the insults and maybe people stay on topic. Is this how an owner of a bar would act to complaints about his/her facility? If they did it would surely go out of business.

In regards to hiring mins, yes they are lowered. The supply is going to get tighter so they need to widen the net a bit. Not the first time they have to widen the net. Back in the day all one needed was a little AirNet time in a Seneca and they were competitive. If you donít believe me go ask anyone hired in the 90s about what they did before NJA.

MinRest
02-05-2020, 08:45 AM

Staying on topic is very important, we can all agree to that. Trying to make yourself out as a victim in this whole thing is absolutely untrue. You like to throw out insults then when they are volleyed back you look around saying what did I do?!? Thatís not how it works. Your statement above is full of insults then you say we should stay on topic. Stop the insults and maybe people stay on topic. Is this how an owner of a bar would act to complaints about his/her facility? If they did it would surely go out of business.

In regards to hiring mins, yes they are lowered. The supply is going to get tighter so they need to widen the net a bit. Not the first time they have to widen the net. Back in the day all one needed was a little AirNet time in a Seneca and they were competitive. If you donít believe me go ask anyone hired in the 90s about what they did before NJA.

He also loves throwing insults, then reporting posts and claiming to be a poor innocent victim. I would expect literally nothing less from him.

And Iím pretty sure his business did fold...

AirBear
02-05-2020, 02:19 PM
You're going to be a tight fit in the Phenom. ASAP try one on for size. Don't be like the SIC I had once who informed me if we had to do a crosswind landing I'd have to do it because the yoke hit his knee when he put in aileron :eek:

6,-4Ē, 32Ē inseam, fingers crossed for the Latitude or Sovereign.

Retractable
02-05-2020, 04:27 PM
You're going to be a tight fit in the Phenom. ASAP try one on for size. Don't be like the SIC I had once who informed me if we had to do a crosswind landing I'd have to do it because the yoke hit his knee when he put in aileron :eek:

Min Rest would still never be able to fit his head inside still to this day.

Mark one up to head size.

He flies a ďbig planeĒ now. Vroom vroom.

Retractable
02-05-2020, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=Retractable;2971250]

What exactly do you have to contribute to the conversation directly? Or are you offering a glancy blow at facts?

shrsailplanes
02-05-2020, 06:04 PM

I believe I may fit out of the Phenom. Thanks for your concern though.

MinRest
02-06-2020, 04:25 AM
I believe I may fit out of the Phenom. Thanks for your concern though.

Just know, that if they deem you to fit in the Phenom, that is the airplane you are going to be assigned if that is where they need pilots. Guys have been fired trying to fit out. And even if you fit, it will be uncomfortable.

MWilliams
02-06-2020, 05:03 AM
Guys have been fired trying to fit out.

Really? Who was fired?

DH2time
02-06-2020, 05:43 AM
Min Rest would still never be able to fit his head inside still to this day.

Mark one up to head size.

He flies a ďbig planeĒ now. Vroom vroom.

There are the insults that donít keep the convo on track. I believe you wanted us to keep the convo on topic and how does your comment above do that? I offer more than a glancing blow of the facts, you may not like my perspective but it is just as valid as yours.

MinRest
02-06-2020, 06:31 AM
Really? Who was fired?

I had heard of I believe a new hire who was in initial for it. If they deem you ďfitableĒ in the Phenom and you try to prove otherwise, itís not gonna go well.

MinRest
02-06-2020, 06:36 AM
There are the insults that donít keep the convo on track. I believe you wanted us to keep the convo on topic and how does your comment above do that? I offer more than a glancing blow of the facts, you may not like my perspective but it is just as valid as yours.

Thatís his defense mechanism. He has trouble providing factual and meaningful substance to a conversation. I feel for him though, it must be hard living in a world where factual information is so readily available, and all he wants to do is to try and recruit applicants with hilarious rhetoric.

Retractable
02-06-2020, 07:04 AM
Just know, that if they deem you to fit in the Phenom, that is the airplane you are going to be assigned if that is where they need pilots. Guys have been fired trying to fit out. And even if you fit, it will be uncomfortable.

Stop being such a drama queen marky marky.

Thereís a very objective process for a FIT test. A pilot either fits or doesnít. If the pilot doesnít fit, they go to a larger cockpit fleet.

All you try and do is spread FUD because youíre a bitter little man that made the decision under free volition to come here and then leave thinking you were super cunning in doing so.

Itís ashamed that Alaska seems to be mired down in pre merger lack luster performance and that youíve decided to tie tour bridle to that horse... but... itís always greener on the other side, right?

Great fertilizer from those ponies.

What a disservice to aviation your information provides. You went from being an ambassador of aviation to one who is perpetually negative and attacking. Iíd say itís below you but thatís pretty short.

Retractable
02-06-2020, 07:06 AM
I had heard of I believe a new hire who was in initial for it. If they deem you ďfitableĒ in the Phenom and you try to prove otherwise, itís not gonna go well.

ďI had heardĒ

A favorite saying of gossipy wash women.

You havenít worked at NetJets for years. Everything you have to offer regarding NetJets is, at best, completely outdated, pure opinion at that and third hand info at best.

And youíre butthurt at NetJets for nothing they did to you... youíre angry at your decisions because you believe at your core that you deserve more, that youíre entitled to everything simply because you think so.

How Millennial.

Aviation is hard work. If you want playboy lifestyle for nothing simply because you showed up, you picked the wrong career.

No aviation company is perfect, they all come with pros and cons. One only needs to read over the threads at Alaska to see what I mean... far from perfect. Your choice. Your future.

And we wish you luck.

That being said... your negative obsession for NetJets years later is troubling on many levels.

shrsailplanes
02-06-2020, 07:16 AM
I had heard...

I tuned out after that. I spoke directly to someone that knows at NetJets and it seems like a straight forward process of measurements.

Rcordeiro122592
02-06-2020, 07:27 AM
I understand the 7/7 schedule is essentially standard, how long does it take a new hire to get the CC52 schedule?

Also, looking for the costs of a family healthcare plan and does NJ offer any type of parental leave?

MinRest
02-06-2020, 07:41 AM
I tuned out after that. I spoke directly to someone that knows at NetJets and it seems like a straight forward process of measurements.

You can tune out. It was echoed on this forum in one of the threads. If I can find it I will.

jtf560
02-06-2020, 07:50 AM
I understand the 7/7 schedule is essentially standard, how long does it take a new hire to get the CC52 schedule?

Also, looking for the costs of a family healthcare plan and does NJ offer any type of parental leave?CC52 is a bit more junior now in the small cabin fleets with so many chasing the FDP pay, but it varies by fleet and can be quite random. I've heard of some getting it their first year, bit that doesn't mean they will be able to hold it forever. We have a flush bid in June or July for the period that runs from October through The end of January. If you can hold it on that bid you can't get bumped until the next flush bid a year later. Sometimes pilots will voluntarily drop off it and it becomes available on one of the next bids. For your information, it is exceedingly senior on some other fleets. It is about 15 years or so of seniority to hold it as an SIC on the Global currently.

Family healthcare costs are amazing at NetJets. There are 4 options. Option 1 is no cost (outside of copays) as long as you stay in network. Option 2 gives you access to pretty much any doctor, bit has a deductible, but not a huge one. I believe option 3 is the HSA with a much larger deductible and option 4 they will pay you one or two thousand to decline the insurance- probably almost never taken since our insurance is very good.

Flyfalcons
02-06-2020, 08:00 AM

Also, looking for the costs of a family healthcare plan and does NJ offer any type of parental leave?
Healthcare is premium-free. There is an EPO plan that provides great coverage in-network only, and a PPO that provides good coverage whether in network or out. Leave is available through FMLA.

shrsailplanes
02-06-2020, 08:30 AM
You can tune out. It was echoed on this forum in one of the threads. If I can find it I will.

somehow I place more weight on the words of someone involved with recruiting rather than something you picked up off this form. No offense.

MinRest
02-06-2020, 09:26 AM
somehow I place more weight on the words of someone involved with recruiting rather than something you picked up off this form. No offense.

None taken :)

MWilliams
02-06-2020, 10:21 AM

I can assure you that has not happened recently and I have not heard of it happening in the past. I have personally seen two new hires in the last year request a fit test. There was no issue with the company or the union administering the test. One pilot fit, the other did not. Both are still employed.

Bushmaster01
02-06-2020, 10:57 AM
Itís important for readers and prospective NetJets pilots wishing to apply to be able to sift though the volumes of butthurt from past employees on these forums from the facts.

Thereís a ton of good information.

NJA is a great company with a bright future.

AirBear
02-06-2020, 10:58 AM

Here's an example of our Health Care Plan, Option 1: Your wife has a baby; your total expense is $150 for your wife, and $150 for your baby. Period. Office visits are a flat $20. Diagnostic imaging has no copay; Urgent Care Visit is $100 I think. Prescriptions can be a bit expensive, especially for brand names. And there is no annual deductible to meet except for pharmacy ($50). And remember, we pay nothing for this insurance. That needs to be factored in when comparing pay between employers.

MinRest
02-06-2020, 12:00 PM
Itís important for readers and prospective NetJets pilots wishing to apply to be able to sift though the volumes of butthurt from past employees on these forums from the facts.

Thereís a ton of good information.

NJA is a great company with a bright future.

Yea, everyone knows who you are already lol.

MinRest
02-06-2020, 12:03 PM
I can assure you that has not happened recently and I have not heard of it happening in the past. I have personally seen two new hires in the last year request a fit test. There was no issue with the company or the union administering the test. One pilot fit, the other did not. Both are still employed.

I wasnít implying that if you fit test out, the company is going to punish you. There was an instance of somebody who tried to prove they couldnít fit in the Phenom during sim training by not being able to complete training. This is after he was given a fit test and deemed acceptable for the Phenom.

MWilliams
02-06-2020, 12:22 PM
I wasnít implying that if you fit test out, the company is going to punish you. There was an instance of somebody who tried to prove they couldnít fit in the Phenom during sim training by not being able to complete training. This is after he was given a fit test and deemed acceptable for the Phenom.

I think I know the isolated event you are talking about. Letís just say that there is so much more to that story than a fit test issue.

Avgeek7248
02-06-2020, 12:57 PM
How senior are the globals?

Flyfalcons
02-06-2020, 01:17 PM
How senior are the globals?
13+ years as FO

shrsailplanes
02-06-2020, 04:08 PM
just got the invite for a phone interview.

2158TT
864ME
773Turbine
E170/190 Type

AirBear
02-06-2020, 04:20 PM
That's awesome. Root around these messages to see what the phone interview was like. Remember NetJets is really big on customer service so try to find some stories on when you helped a pax or client. What we were taught in indoc was what the customer wants the customer gets unless it violates the FOM or an FAA reg. It's considered their personal jet while they occupy it.

2158TT
864ME
773Turbine
E170/190 Type

Bushmaster01
02-06-2020, 05:20 PM

2158TT
864ME
773Turbine
E170/190 Type

Good luck and congrats!

Safety
Service
Schedule

Always in that order and one shall not trump the one above it.

Avgeek7248
02-06-2020, 07:25 PM

2158TT
864ME
773Turbine
E170/190 Type

I got an invite as well little bit lower times CL-65 type.

RA550
02-06-2020, 08:37 PM
Congrats guys!

Got the interview invite today as well!!

AirBear
02-07-2020, 08:26 AM
Important info for anyone who applied to NetJets prior to early January 2020: Company transitioned to a new "Employee Gateway" system then for managing pilot apps. Anyone who applied prior to that event needs to resubmit by creating a new account and profile in Gateway.

The Union volunteers involved with the new hire process are telling us hiring is going to pick up for the remainder of the year. More interview days have been scheduled in the upcoming months and they're anticipating larger monthly new hire classes. The posts above this one with many progressing in the interview process seem to confirm that.

TexasLonghorn
02-07-2020, 08:45 AM
Important info for anyone who applied to NetJets prior to early January 2020: Company transitioned to a new "Employee Gateway" system then for managing pilot apps. Anyone who applied prior to that event needs to resubmit by creating a new account and profile in Gateway.

The Union volunteers involved with the new hire process are telling us hiring is going to pick up for the remainder of the year. More interview days have been scheduled in the upcoming months and they're anticipating larger monthly new hire classes. The posts above this one with many progressing in the interview process seem to confirm that.

I submitted an app prior to the new minimums going into effect 01FEB and got the TBNT email; if I create a new profile I should be able to resubmit and still be considered under new mins then, correct?

AirBear
02-07-2020, 08:48 AM
I submitted an app prior to the new minimums going into effect 01FEB and got the TBNT email; if I create a new profile I should be able to resubmit and still be considered under new mins then, correct?

I believe so, assuming the TBNT email was because you didn't meet the 2500 hours.

TexasLonghorn
02-07-2020, 09:15 AM
I believe so, assuming the TBNT email was because you didn't meet the 2500 hours.

Based off the previous posters TT and quals Iíd assume so... Iím at 2350 TT 1150 ME 986TURB DA2000 and CE500 Typed.

Weíll just have to see. Thanks for your help!

prwest
02-07-2020, 11:58 AM
How far out are they offering class dates?

MWilliams
02-07-2020, 12:38 PM
They usually offer you a class that begins the month after your successful face to face interview. Every now and then they will ask if you can be there sooner. If you have a need to move the class back they can work with that within reason.

RA550
02-07-2020, 01:49 PM
Nice.

Also, whatís the interview/hiring process like? Been reading about that some, but wanted to get some updated info about that.

Thanks again.

MWilliams
02-07-2020, 02:02 PM
Phone Screen, then virtual interview, then face to face/sim evaluation. You have to complete one phase to move on to the next. All told it takes about 30-60 days. This may change as they have increased the amount of pilots they plan on hiring.

RA550
02-07-2020, 02:11 PM
Phone Screen, then virtual interview, then face to face/sim evaluation. You have to complete one phase to move on to the next. All told it take about 30-60 days. This may change as they have increased the amount of pilots they plan on hiring.

Excellent!

Thanks MWilliams

MiracleMets
02-08-2020, 08:47 AM
I applied late January and have a phone interview scheduled in February. For the sake of reference for others I have;

3300 TT
2000 ME Turbine
1200 TPIC

727C47
02-09-2020, 01:19 AM
I applied late January and have a phone interview scheduled in February. For the sake of reference for others I have;

3300 TT
2000 ME Turbine
1200 TPIC
Iíd hire you for your screen name alone, LETS GO METS 😎

MiracleMets
02-09-2020, 05:58 AM
Iíd hire you for your screen name alone, LETS GO METS 😎

PROUD disappointed Mets fan since 1986!

727C47
02-09-2020, 07:28 PM
proud disappointed mets fan since 1986!

1969 !!!........

shrsailplanes
02-13-2020, 11:05 AM
Just finished the phone interview. Spoke with Olivia. Super, super nice lady.

Tell me about your resume. (I interpreted this as give her a career biography about myself)

How did you hear about NetJets?

There are other fractionals. Why NetJets?

What makes a professional pilot?

What makes a good leader?

TMAAT when you had a conflict with the captain and how was it resolved. (Best to have a story where you provided the resolution I would think)

What challenge do you see working for NetJets?

Are you comfortable with a 10 - 13 year upgrade time? (Hint: the answer is yes.)

The rest of the questions were yes or no questions. Did you crash a plane, refused a drug test, stuff like that.

Was very laid back. Make the effort to prepare even though the call is only 30-ish minutes long. Preparation will equate to being relaxed and will definitely reduce, if not eliminate, umís and uhís. I have a public speaking background so that certainly helped. Above all, stay professional.

hope this helps.

RA550
02-13-2020, 03:08 PM
Just finished the phone interview. Spoke with Olivia. Super, super nice lady.

Tell me about your resume. (I interpreted this as give her a career biography about myself)

How did you hear about NetJets?

There are other fractionals. Why NetJets?

What makes a professional pilot?

What makes a good leader?

TMAAT when you had a conflict with the captain and how was it resolved. (Best to have a story where you provided the resolution I would think)

What challenge do you see working for NetJets?

Are you comfortable with a 10 - 13 year upgrade time? (Hint: the answer is yes.)

The rest of the questions were yes or no questions. Did you crash a plane, refused a drug test, stuff like that.

Was very laid back. Make the effort to prepare even though the call is only 30-ish minutes long. Preparation will equate to being relaxed and will definitely reduce, if not eliminate, umís and uhís. I have a public speaking background so that certainly helped. Above all, stay professional.

hope this helps.

Nice! Thanks for posting!

Did they tell you when to expect the video interview?

shrsailplanes
02-13-2020, 03:44 PM
Nice! Thanks for posting!

Did they tell you when to expect the video interview?

She said the notice for the virtual interview would be in a couple days. So, Friday or Monday Iím hoping.

Avgeek7248
02-13-2020, 06:21 PM
She said the notice for the virtual interview would be in a couple days. So, Friday or Monday Iím hoping.

Just did mine today itís super easy mostly HRbquestions with some basic technical questions and briefing an approach plate into JFK.

RA550
02-14-2020, 07:03 AM
Just did mine today itís super easy mostly HRbquestions with some basic technical questions and briefing an approach plate into JFK.

Excellent. Thanks for the info.
How long was it after the phone interview that you did the video interview?
And what kind of tech questions did they ask, apart from briefing the appch plate?

Thank you!

MWilliams
02-14-2020, 08:42 AM
Be careful what you share on an open forum. Always assume the recruiters are reading what you write.

Avgeek7248
02-14-2020, 02:33 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the info.
How long was it after the phone interview that you did the video interview?
And what kind of tech questions did they ask, apart from briefing the appch plate?

Thank you!

I got an email asking me what dates the day I finished the phone interview. Was about a week in between the two.

Avgeek7248
02-14-2020, 02:34 PM
Be careful what you share on an open forum. Always assume the recruiters are reading what you write.

I highly doubt the recruiting department and HR will be upset about people giving positive experiences and information on the interview process. Itís no secret.

MWilliams
02-14-2020, 02:39 PM
If you post your experience the day you completed a stage of the interview process you may have let everybody in on who you are. That gives them ability to search your other posts to see what and how you comment on other topics. I would use caution, but you are free to not take that advice.

RA550
02-14-2020, 02:41 PM
I got an email asking me what dates the day I finished the phone interview. Was about a week in between the two.

Nice, thanks!

Did they mention when to expect the F2F interview?

Thanks for all the information btw, trying to be proactive and prepare the best I can for every phase.

RA550
02-17-2020, 09:29 AM
On a different subject, does anybody know what days do rotations start/end on the 7/7?
Do they vary or is it something set for everyone?

Thanks

jtf560
02-17-2020, 09:44 AM
On a different subject, does anybody know what days do rotations start/end on the 7/7?

Do they vary or is it something set for everyone?

ThanksDifferent fleets have different start days. I think all the fleets have Tuesday starts. I don't think any fleet has Monday or Friday starts. Bigger fleets tend to have more start days.

MWilliams
02-17-2020, 09:49 AM
Refer to above

RA550
02-17-2020, 09:54 AM
Refer to above

Great!

Thanks jtf560 MWilliams

shrsailplanes
02-19-2020, 12:41 PM
I received an invite for the virtual interview to be conducted later this month. Moving right along.

Jet J
02-19-2020, 04:20 PM
I received an invite for the virtual interview to be conducted later this month. Moving right along.

stats ?

200Flyer
02-20-2020, 08:35 AM
Does anyone know or have any info on having an internal referral? Do they even do them etc? I saw a post in another thread a few months old where a current pilot said they had an internal site where pilots can follow a potential applicants referral.

shrsailplanes
02-20-2020, 04:03 PM
stats ?

I received the intent to conduct a virtual interview the day after my phone interview and then got the webex invite 4 business days later.

IslandHop
02-25-2020, 10:54 AM
question about the webex interview... to my understanding it is a facetime style interview, is this correct? so you see them and they see you kind of thing?

MWilliams
02-25-2020, 11:07 AM
question about the webex interview... to my understanding it is a facetime style interview, is this correct? so you see them and they see you kind of thing?

That is correct.

IslandHop
02-25-2020, 12:38 PM
That is correct.

awesome thank you. i have mine scheduled in a couple days and am wondering what would be better to do it on? cell phone or laptop. the instructions they send are for a laptop but it says the cellphone is the best method, yet it has no instructions for cell other than just click THIS link. is it that easy?

Marko
02-25-2020, 12:52 PM
awesome thank you. i have mine scheduled in a couple days and am wondering what would be better to do it on? cell phone or laptop. the instructions they send are for a laptop but it says the cellphone is the best method, yet it has no instructions for cell other than just click THIS link. is it that easy?I would think a laptop but only if you have a solid internet connection.

shrsailplanes
02-26-2020, 01:27 PM
I will offer this advice: Remember all the stuff you had to know the first time you interviewed at a pilot job and then never used that information ever again? Make sure you know that stuff.

I donít feel I will be invited to the in person interview. I was not prepared. I will try again in 6 months. Hard lesson to learn and first impressions canít be undone.

hdgbug
02-26-2020, 06:33 PM
I will offer this advice: Remember all the stuff you had to know the first time you interviewed at a pilot job and then never used that information ever again? Make sure you know that stuff.

Were you asked a lot of technical questions or mostly TMAAT questions? In the past the virtual interview was mostly TMAAT questions, curious if that has changed.

shrsailplanes
02-26-2020, 06:40 PM
Were you asked a lot of technical questions or mostly TMAAT questions? In the past the virtual interview was mostly TMAAT questions, curious if that has changed.

Its not a matter of changing. If you trip on a tech question, they will dig deeper to see how much you trip up. Thatís common for any interview or knowledge validation anywhere you go. Iím sure if I answered a couple questions they would have moved on. My interview was way short and it should have been an hour. So, a TBNT email is pending Iím sure.

If I had to do it again, I would prep as if it were an instrument checkride or a commercial checkride. You would breeze through a couple questions then they would get to the TMAAT stuff.

MinRest
02-26-2020, 07:29 PM
Its not a matter of changing. If you trip on a tech question, they will dig deeper to see how much you trip up. Thatís common for any interview or knowledge validation anywhere you go. Iím sure if I answered a couple questions they would have moved on. My interview was way short and it should have been an hour. So, a TBNT email is pending Iím sure.

If I had to do it again, I would prep as if it were an instrument checkride or a commercial checkride. You would breeze through a couple questions then they would get to the TMAAT stuff.

What did they ask you?

shrsailplanes
02-26-2020, 08:11 PM
What did they ask you?

Honestly, Iíd feel embarrassed to talk about what I missed. I need to move on and be better prepared in 6 months if they invite me back. In the meantime, Iím doing really well at SkyWest. Iím eligible for upgrade soon and Iím living in base finally. So, I gotta stay focused on the bright side.

I think what Iíve offered in previous comments would be plenty to prep someone. Good luck.

CosmoKramer86
02-27-2020, 07:45 AM

I donít feel I will be invited to the in person interview. I was not prepared. I will try again in 6 months. Hard lesson to learn and first impressions canít be undone.
Thanks for the info and best of luck to you!

TexasLonghorn
02-27-2020, 11:46 AM
What did they ask you?

I mentioned this in another thread but Iíve been using aviationinterviews.com (http://aviationinterviews.com) to prep and it seems to be a good resource regarding questions from previous interviews and general topics to brush up on. Seems like lots of instrument procedures, performance planning, and 91/135 regulations in the technical section.

IslandHop
03-04-2020, 07:47 PM
How long after the in-person interview does it take for them to let you know if you got the job or not?

Also, what is the general time frame between in-person interview and class date?