Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Bucking Bar
02-17-2020, 06:36 AM
Business Wars is a really good podcast. They did a series on Boeing v Airbus which ends with a very up to the second analysis of the MAX return to service.

What I wonder is how Boeing could engineer a NMA with half the staffing, a HQ deliberately moved away from the product people and it's third rate status as an employer. The smart people want to work with Elon.

Guess CEO Bastian is negotiating in public to avoid Airbus having a complete monopoly. Given the problematic launch of the 787, MAX and now 777-X, it makes no sense at all that Delta would actually want to be the launch customer for a Boeing product.

It did not get a lot of press, but Mullenburg, before his firing, reached out to Embraer to design the 797. The Brazilians turned Boeing down.

Or maybe the cynical side of me says Virgin continues to take international jets and when Boring inevitably falls on its face Delta management blames Boeing for scope violations.

Dolphinflyer
02-17-2020, 06:41 AM
Maybe it will be an act of public service to keep Southwest from screwing up the cockpit.

I'm not DAL, but would contribute to a GoFundMe to keep that from happening again ;)

DWC CAP10 USAF
02-17-2020, 06:46 AM
This isnít new....Ed said they wanted to be the NMA launch customer back in summer 2018.

Banzai
02-17-2020, 07:29 AM
Don't forget: they're screwing the USAF too. After spending millions on lawyers to force the USAF to award them the tanker contract, they're still years late because they can't make it work. And the new T-7A trainer contract they were just awarded is failing nearly every benchmark test, which will likely result in delays there as well.

full of luv
02-17-2020, 07:52 AM
Don't forget: they're screwing the USAF too. After spending millions on lawyers to force the USAF to award them the tanker contract, they're still years late because they can't make it work. And the new T-7A trainer contract they were just awarded is failing nearly every benchmark test, which will likely result in delays there as well.

Yet the parties in Crystal City still keep on rolling.....I bet New Years was a big one!

Mesabah
02-17-2020, 08:01 AM
The NMA was vaporware long before the 73MAX crisis. You simply can't build a widebody jet at narrowbody prices.