Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : APA dues shutdown

Route66
03-14-2020, 01:02 AM
How about dues holiday for a year. Parker contract proposal of 2/25/2020 off the table.

chrisreedrules
03-14-2020, 01:26 AM
You do of course realize your union And your volunteers do a lot more than just negotiate for new contracts right?

Route66
03-14-2020, 01:40 AM
You do of course realize your union And your volunteers do a lot more than just negotiate for new contracts right?
thatís all theyíre required to do by law....negotiate and administer contracts. They get PAID to do that. And now theyíre not. Itís that simple. You do of course realize that?

Route66
03-14-2020, 02:00 AM
How about dues holiday for a year. Parker contract proposal of 2/25/2020 off the table.

https://aviationweek.com/air-transport/airlines-lessors/us-carriers-unveil-sweeping-capacity-cuts-following-schengen-travel?utm_rid=CPEN1000003835176&utm_campaign=23467&utm_medium=email&elq2=ca6a6e8d09cd4a5995dff00a552559fb

bababouey
03-14-2020, 02:10 AM
They are negotiating leaves and other ways to avoid a furlough, after that is settled, then maybe back to 1% is appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready2board
03-14-2020, 02:16 AM
They are negotiating leaves and other ways to avoid a furlough, after that is settled, then maybe back to 1% is appropriate.

Hopefully it works out. I can't imagine AA being first to furlough. UAL and Delta seem to be in worse conditions staffing wise.

Route66
03-14-2020, 02:39 AM

Hereís my point and has always been: the APA is ILL-PREPARED to negotiate ANYTHING. Parker, in the pilot contract crew news, was telling us the APA is LYING about the financials the company proposed last year. I have the presentation if you donít believe me. 3-5% hourly rate increases, Delta profit sharing match (worthless now) + $150 million extra per year, with contract value $1 billion increase 5th year. Take those blue lanyards off because ďitís timeĒ is past. Eric Ferguson is NOT any kind of leader and the whole paradigm of negotiations is over. I think pilots should be nationalized and training across airline platforms standardized.

funny how a small little cold virus will do what a union canít.

bababouey
03-14-2020, 04:23 AM
Hopefully it works out. I can't imagine AA being first to furlough. UAL and Delta seem to be in worse conditions staffing wise.

We are lucky in the fact that we are the smallest in Asia and Europe, whatís concerning is the amount of South America we have now cancelled. We have more debt than ua and dal combined. I would love to believe Parker, but I think this one is gonna hurt.

rcflying53
03-14-2020, 05:25 AM

Ughh, yes kid. We do. A PSA pilotís input isnít required in all our conversations. So feel free to watch once in awhile.

Name User
03-14-2020, 06:12 AM
We are lucky in the fact that we are the smallest in Asia and Europe, whatís concerning is the amount of South America we have now cancelled. We have more debt than ua and dal combined. I would love to believe Parker, but I think this one is gonna hurt.

It's gonna hurt everyone. Delta paid $16/share for LATAM, look where the stock price is now, around $5. Huge loss there. Delta hedges fuel, for ops and for their oil refinery. Loss there. Delta has a boat load of inter Asia flying...an unimaginable loss there. Delta buys other airlines instead of signing codeshares like we do...and they will all require cash to keep afloat...loss there.

Every airline is going to feel the heat on this, our best hope is that America's public has a super short attention span.

Surprise
03-14-2020, 06:30 AM
...our best hope is that America's public has a super short attention span.

Squirrel!!

chrisreedrules
03-14-2020, 07:55 AM
Ughh, yes kid. We do. A PSA pilotís input isnít required in all our conversations. So feel free to watch once in awhile.

LOL. I do a lot more than work at PSA. But hey, Iím sorry if I offended you in some way.

Chato
03-14-2020, 08:14 AM
LOL. I do a lot more than work at PSA. But hey, Iím sorry if I offended you in some way.

Judging by the user name, heís the type of guy who tells people heís a real pilot while out flying his RC plane.

Al Czervik
03-14-2020, 08:20 AM
LOL. I do a lot more than work at PSA. But hey, I’m sorry if I offended you in some way.

pay no attention. These type of guys will all retire soon.

Route66
03-14-2020, 08:38 AM
pay no attention. These type of guys will all retire soon.

Iíll be around for a while.

rcflying53
03-14-2020, 08:51 AM
Judging by the user name, heís the type of guy who tells people heís a real pilot while out flying his RC plane.

Hahaha what? You guys crack me up!

rcflying53
03-14-2020, 09:36 AM

Not offended. We all know what our union does. Iím just confused as to why a pilot, who doesnít pay APA dues, is commenting in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Thatís all. Please, by all means, donít let me get in your way.

Oh, and the username isnít what you guys think it is. Itís homage to my grandfather who got me into aviation. Thanks for the laugh tho.

Moving on

RockyBoy
03-14-2020, 12:50 PM
It's gonna hurt everyone. Delta paid $16/share for LATAM, look where the stock price is now, around $5. Huge loss there. Delta hedges fuel, for ops and for their oil refinery. Loss there. Delta has a boat load of inter Asia flying...an unimaginable loss there. Delta buys other airlines instead of signing codeshares like we do...and they will all require cash to keep afloat...loss there.

Every airline is going to feel the heat on this, our best hope is that America's public has a super short attention span.

We do almost no inter-Asia flying now. Just a couple routes left and a few to Hawaii. All of that went away when we moved to Haneda and gave all the flying to Korean in Seoul. Everything else you said is correct and you can add in that we blew 10 Billion in stock buybacks and mortgaged owned airplanes to do so. Debt was down to 5B with Richard Anderson. Ed has us back to 17B.

chrisreedrules
03-14-2020, 01:11 PM
Not offended. We all know what our union does. Iím just confused as to why a pilot, who doesnít pay APA dues, is commenting in a thread that has nothing to do with them. Thatís all. Please, by all means, donít let me get in your way.

Oh, and the username isnít what you guys think it is. Itís homage to my grandfather who got me into aviation. Thanks for the laugh tho.

Moving on

Iím sorry did I miss a sign on the door that said, ďAPA Pilots onlyĒ? This is a public forum. If you only want people that pay dues to APA to comment perhaps you should ask the OP to move the conversation to your private APA club house union board. In the meantime feel free to come over to the PSA forum and comment away. No one cares buddy.

Route66
03-14-2020, 04:49 PM

Moving on

Iím a mainline American pilot. I have a voice, you donít have to listen, and contrary to popular belief the union doesnít have the rank and fileís best interest at heart. This isnít my first rodeo and wonít be my last. If you think I donít know anything about unions then think again. ALPA, USAPA or APA. Got the pins, did the work, still no t-shirts....for the rank and file. Same ole, same ole.

Al Czervik
03-14-2020, 04:52 PM
I’ll be around for a while.

not as long as us. I don’t mind you though.

Route66
03-14-2020, 04:57 PM
not as long as us. I donít mind you though.

i love you too, man! How about a hug?

Al Czervik
03-14-2020, 05:00 PM
i love you too, man! How about a hug?

Sure, After the virus.

Saabs
03-14-2020, 06:40 PM

dont worry about him. You are engaged and informed. You will be a welcome addition when you flow up (hopefully sooner rather than later).