Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : April Lines

Cyio
03-14-2020, 10:18 AM
So I thought they would be budgeted way worse than my quick ancillary check today. Seems like most of the lines are credited like any other month with similar days off.

Am I missing something that an quick glance didnít pick up on?

Chato
03-14-2020, 10:30 AM
So I thought they would be budgeted way worse than my quick ancillary check today. Seems like most of the lines are credited like any other month with similar days off.

Am I missing something that an quick glance didnít pick up on?

it looks like what you usually see just reduced number of lines. I was expecting worse

Captain Kirk
03-14-2020, 12:40 PM
Itís to keep us distracted as the other shoe drops.

I hope Iím wrong!

But seriously
03-14-2020, 03:16 PM
For once I donít think thereís any sinister intent from ENY management. I agree thereís a surprising amount of flying in APR. I think AA probably hasnít fully communicated their changes to ENY yet. AA probably hasnít figured it out themselves yet. Understandable.

GoFast8
03-21-2020, 12:36 PM
April Reductions

CLE to IAH
03-21-2020, 12:41 PM
I wonder if Iíll be able to drop nyc reserve days lol.

nahhh

NoValueAviator
03-21-2020, 12:46 PM

nahhh
denied due to CS thinks it'll be funny if you get the rona

GoFast8
03-21-2020, 12:49 PM

nahhh

I'm thinking reserve is going to be less flying at any base next month. with the reductions, they are going to try to use every bit of open time and give to line holders to get them as close to min guarantee as they can.

At least thats how im thinking its gonna work

NoValueAviator
03-21-2020, 12:50 PM
I'm thinking reserve is going to be less flying at any base next month. with the reductions, they are going to try to use every bit of open time and give to line holders to get them as close to min guarantee as they can.

At least thats how im thinking its gonna work

people who took the pay-Envoy-to-stay-home LOA (there are more of them than you would think) will vacate their awarded flying in april so there's gonna be a decent amount of open time

just my speculation

it will likely be dream reserve crap too like lost weekends, after Envoy takes their hatchet to it.

GoFast8
03-21-2020, 01:01 PM
people who took the pay-Envoy-to-stay-home LOA (there are more of them than you would think) will vacate their awarded flying in april so there's gonna be a decent amount of open time

just my speculation

it will likely be dream reserve crap too like lost weekends, after Envoy takes their hatchet to it.

So with people taking the BS VLOA they will vacate their flying line in April. The ones who dont take the VLOA will get lines with flying, but will be reduced. The open time should be taken up by all the reductions in flying.

Im thinking if you were on reserve in April it would be an easy month

Chato
03-21-2020, 01:27 PM
So with people taking the BS VLOA they will vacate their flying line in April. The ones who dont take the VLOA will get lines with flying, but will be reduced. The open time should be taken up by all the reductions in flying.

Im thinking if you were on reserve in April it would be an easy month

living in base with some seniority, biddin reserve for April should have been a no braner.

But seriously
03-21-2020, 02:07 PM
Pure speculation here, but I actually think the reserves will end up working quite a bit in April. AAG isnít cutting flights based on pilot schedules (nor should they). There are going to be a TON of discontinuity in the schedules. It wonít be hard work, but Iíd expect a lot of DHD out, one leg back (or vice versa).

GoFast8
03-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Pure speculation here, but I actually think the reserves will end up working quite a bit in April. AAG isnít cutting flights based on pilot schedules (nor should they). There are going to be a TON of discontinuity in the schedules. It wonít be hard work, but Iíd expect a lot of DHD out, one leg back (or vice versa).

I think thats one of the 2 options as well. Hopefully it will go the other way and be hardly any flying for reserves.

Gooch
03-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Air Whiskey just went to emergency 60hr guarantee.

GoFast8
03-21-2020, 06:15 PM
Air Whiskey just went to emergency 60hr guarantee.

Where did you hear this?

Gooch
03-21-2020, 06:36 PM
In their LOA and from friends there. Also itís a thread on their board.