Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pilotguy1919
03-15-2020, 08:27 PM
My husband flies mainly domestic on the 73N, and is being extremely arrogant about the virus since he's young and healthy. Thinks its government control and an absolute joke. On all his overnights he's riding metros, going everywhere public, purposely not washing hands, doesn't want to use wipes or sanitizer, etc. Wants to take one of our kids on two of his overnights to hang out and play, then drop him off at grandmas in a state half way across country. Non revving is great right now right?

Anyway He woke up with a nasty cough, runny nose, and sore throat yesterday, didn't take temperature because he doesn't want to get locked up at home in quarantine so he's going to work tomorrow and pretending like he's fine. Figures he has a 30 hour layover, and If he's sick, he can rest. I'm his pregnant wife - due with a baby in 4 to 6 weeks and 2 other littles at home.

As a bunch of pilots - how would you handle this situation??? Do I call him in and get him quarantined in a hotel for 14 days. I sure as heck don't want him coming home. He's got 4 and 5 day trips Monday through Friday every week this month. Do you most of you have this attitude and just don't give a rip? He said until his newborn baby has to be put on a ventilator he could care less what is happening.

TIA

gloopy
03-15-2020, 08:31 PM
There's no way this is a serious post.

Pilotguy1919
03-15-2020, 08:31 PM
100% serious. Desperate pilot wife here not knowing how to handle situation. Husband's gone off deep end and hates hysteria everyone is having.Do I think he actually has corona virus? Chances are slim...but you never know. And the way everyone is acting its better to be safe then sorry so I don't know how to balance my reaction to hoping for best or assuming worst?

gloopy
03-15-2020, 08:35 PM
100% serious. Desperate pilot wife here not knowing how to handle situation. Husband's gone off deep end and hates hysteria everyone is having.

If that is real it sounds really bad. Like beyond being sick of the news cycle or thinking its over hyped. There's something else going on and that individual may need some help.

Mesabah
03-15-2020, 08:37 PM
Sounds like what England is now going to do.

5and20
03-15-2020, 08:44 PM
100% serious. Desperate pilot wife here not knowing how to handle situation. Husband's gone off deep end and hates hysteria everyone is having.Do I think he actually has corona virus? Chances are slim...but you never know. And the way everyone is acting its better to be safe then sorry so I don't know how to balance my reaction to hoping for best or assuming worst?

you need a divorce lawyer because he is certifiably insane

BobZ
03-15-2020, 08:49 PM
Does he have family friends or coworkers over 50? Or with underlying health issues?

Because he is putting them at risk. Even if there is low risk for himself.

ShyGuy
03-15-2020, 08:50 PM
I fully expect in the next 30 days that the entire US domestic airline system will be grounded for 4-8 weeks.

ERflyer
03-15-2020, 08:54 PM

If this is legitimate, I would call the contact numbers he has given you for Delta and talk to someone.

rickair7777
03-15-2020, 09:03 PM

The symptoms sound like something else, according to the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc. gov%2Fcoronavirus%2F2019-ncov%2Fabout%2Fsymptoms.html

CV is very low risk for kids, haven't heard anything about pregnant women either way.

I think the hysteria is overblown. You need to consider very carefully before calling the dogs on him, that would be divorce city by the sound of it. Better call him and try to talk him down instead... conventional wisdom is don't go to work with any illness right now (but I think he's right that it's not CV).

But regardless, he shouldn't go anywhere near grandparents (unless they got started really young).

Jay1122
03-15-2020, 09:21 PM
Unreal.

Call the airline and have him removed from the flight schedule and quarantined. Next call a divorce lawyer and file for divorce. Serious.

Negligence towards one's self is unfortunate, negligence towards others is unacceptable, negligence towards your children/family is unforgivable.

Even if those he comes into contact with are healthy and suffer only minor effects or none at all, they still act as incubators and can continue to spread the virus. Whether he actually has corona at this point is irrelevant. His gross negligence and incompetence is a recipe for disaster. This is not someone you want to raise a family with. I think deep down you already know that though.

gopher3
03-15-2020, 09:33 PM

You wouldnít happen to be a Dr. and your husband goes by Phins2right? All kidding aside, if you really need help..contact 1-800-USA-ALPA and ask to speak to a PAN volunteer. That is Pilot Assistance Network and they will be extremely helpful. Itís our Union and itís a confidential phone call. A good place to start without throwing him under the bus. Good luck

whalesurfer
03-15-2020, 11:11 PM
you need a divorce lawyer because he is certifiably insane

...or maybe heís the one who needs an attorney? Itís yet another Ďhe said she saidí scenario.
Iím somewhat skeptical here; it almost looks like someoneís looking for an excuse to turn someone else in?

80ktsClamp
03-16-2020, 12:26 AM
What you are describing are not C19 symptoms.

I do sense having to pay alimony in his future. ;)

WakeWash
03-16-2020, 01:22 AM
I find this very odd and am skeptical of this story. Mainly because of a spouses reference to him being on the 73N. Spouses know a lot about our jobs and details, but who actually knows that the 737 bid category is 73N? Thatís very specific...

LeineLodge
03-16-2020, 02:26 AM
I find this very odd and am skeptical of this story. Mainly because of a spouses reference to him being on the 73N. Spouses know a lot about our jobs and details, but who actually knows that the 737 bid category is 73N? Thatís very specific...

Good point. My wife might be inclined to say ER having heard me talk, but not likely 7ER.

Not to mention the thread title is redundant. Are we all arrogant? :-)

GogglesPisano
03-16-2020, 02:46 AM
Read the OPís other posts. This is pure flamebait.

He claims to be a Delta pilot. He was looking for a crash pad with no females.

Come on, guys.

theUpsideDown
03-16-2020, 03:53 AM
Read the OPís other posts. This is pure flamebait.

He claims to be a Delta pilot. He was looking for a crash pad with no females.

Come on, guys.
Yeah, what he said.

That was a troll post from the jump, pretty enthusiastic this thing didn't turn into a 20 pg thread. Good job apc.

Pilotguy1919
03-16-2020, 07:49 AM
Not a troll. I look up the schedule when it's dropped on My Division every month- it's always categorized as 73N and so when typing I guess that's what I automatically put since it's what I'm used to reading. In talking I say 737 or 73? I do appreciate the helpful comments from those who provided information. So thank you from this wife at her wits end. It is a he said she said thing, but given the circumstances, I wanted to reach out and just see if I was in the dark and most pilots were treating the situation extremely lightly and if my concern and frustrations were valid or not. No I don't want to turn him in, but I also am often left with absolutely no resources and he doesn't listen to my concerns. Like others mentioned and I said before - when this turned into negligence for family - I was/am desperate.

Unfortunately a divorce as a stay at home mom with kids and pregnant is not a viable option for the near future, so I endure. And yes, my husband didn't want a crash pad with females - temptation. He tries to be a good Christian man in that regard...Ironic eh? So not a troll. He doesn't use these forums at all - only when he was first hired, so I got on to ask for help from fellow Delta pilots since I don't personally know others and I don't want to slander his name with friends. Being anonymous sounded like the safest route.

Thanks again for the advice and direction though that was suggested - really appreciated. Good luck to all of you with flying and upcoming hardships. Thanks for keeping everyone safe in the air.

gopher3
03-16-2020, 08:06 AM
Not a troll. I look up the schedule when it's dropped on My Division every month- it's always categorized as 73N and so when typing I guess that's what I automatically put since it's what I'm used to reading. In talking I say 737 or 73? I do appreciate the helpful comments from those who provided information. So thank you from this wife at her wits end. It is a he said she said thing, but given the circumstances, I wanted to reach out and just see if I was in the dark and most pilots were treating the situation extremely lightly and if my concern and frustrations were valid or not. No I don't want to turn him in, but I also am often left with absolutely no resources and he doesn't listen to my concerns. Like others mentioned and I said before - when this turned into negligence for family - I was/am desperate.

Unfortunately a divorce as a stay at home mom with kids and pregnant is not a viable option for the near future, so I endure. And yes, my husband didn't want a crash pad with females - temptation. He tries to be a good Christian man in that regard...Ironic eh? So not a troll. He doesn't use these forums at all - only when he was first hired, so I got on to ask for help from fellow Delta pilots since I don't personally know others and I don't want to slander his name with friends. Being anonymous sounded like the safest route.

Thanks again for the advice and direction though that was suggested - really appreciated. Good luck to all of you with flying and upcoming hardships. Thanks for keeping everyone safe in the air.

There is a Delta Pilots wife FB page. Might be a good place to go for support/answers.

bluesky24
03-16-2020, 08:08 AM

I mean we are basically like the band that keeps playing while the titanic is sinking. Some people might call us heroes, but we are just doing our jobs. No need to thank us. Youíre welcome.

interceptorpilo
03-16-2020, 08:15 AM
So did ďsheĒ explain the previous post about being a male and needing a female free crash pad?

freezingflyboy
03-16-2020, 08:21 AM

Taking you at your word, your husband sounds like the absolute worst kind of person. I'm sorry you got mixed up with someone like that and then chose to scramble your DNA with him. I'd echo the call the Union and ask for the Pilot Assistance Network or Professional Standards. My next call would be to a divorce attorney. If you have family or friends you can stay with, then I would do what YOU have to do to minimize your risk (and your unborn child!) that he is stupidly exposing you to against your will. Maybe when he is sitting alone in the dark eating canned soup between coughing fits, it will click for him.

Again, taking you at your word.

Planetrain
03-16-2020, 08:28 AM
Just for some market research, does your husband drive a Miata?

Mesabah
03-16-2020, 08:42 AM

Thanks again for the advice and direction though that was suggested - really appreciated. Good luck to all of you with flying and upcoming hardships. Thanks for keeping everyone safe in the air.I don't think you need to worry here, this virus is something you are going to get anyway, regardless of his actions. This virus will be around for many years, decades probably.

Fredturbo
03-16-2020, 09:17 AM
I fully expect in the next 30 days that the entire US domestic airline system will be grounded for 4-8 weeks.
I fully expect the Browns to win the Super Bowl.

BobZ
03-16-2020, 09:19 AM
And im omw to my lotto hotspot...and i fully intend to win the jackpot. :)

Fredturbo
03-16-2020, 09:20 AM
Curious, does your husband buy and horde lots of gold?

Navmode
03-16-2020, 09:38 AM
Guys, this is a troll post. Why would a pregnant woman make the user name "pilotguy"?

Mesabah
03-16-2020, 09:43 AM
Guys, this is a troll post. Why would a pregnant woman make the user name "pilotguy"?
Perhaps she is using her husband's login?

badflaps
03-16-2020, 09:47 AM
Perhaps she is using her husband's login?
I thought she explained that.

freezingflyboy
03-16-2020, 10:04 AM
I thought she explained that.

This is APC. Reading comprehension is not strong here. Shoot first, aim later. All that.

gliderguider
03-16-2020, 11:20 AM
Either way this is sad. Sad if this is someoneís idea of a laugh, or sad if true. To the OP, taking your story at face value and understanding the frustration you are feeling, take you story to the wives fb group. My wife is on there and likes the vibe of the group. They will be able to point you in the right direction for who to talk to. If true, it sounds like your husband definitely shouldnít be on the line right now. When I have to share a cockpit with someone whoís sick with a just a cold it ticks me off.

Vincent Chase
03-16-2020, 12:20 PM
My husband flies mainly domestic on the 73N, and is being extremely arrogant about the virus since he's young and healthy. Thinks its government control and an absolute joke. On all his overnights he's riding metros, going everywhere public, purposely not washing hands, doesn't want to use wipes or sanitizer, etc. Wants to take one of our kids on two of his overnights to hang out and play, then drop him off at grandmas in a state half way across country. Non revving is great right now right?

Anyway He woke up with a nasty cough, runny nose, and sore throat yesterday, didn't take temperature because he doesn't want to get locked up at home in quarantine so he's going to work tomorrow and pretending like he's fine. Figures he has a 30 hour layover, and If he's sick, he can rest. I'm his pregnant wife - due with a baby in 4 to 6 weeks and 2 other littles at home.

As a bunch of pilots - how would you handle this situation??? Do I call him in and get him quarantined in a hotel for 14 days. I sure as heck don't want him coming home. He's got 4 and 5 day trips Monday through Friday every week this month. Do you most of you have this attitude and just don't give a rip? He said until his newborn baby has to be put on a ventilator he could care less what is happening.

TIA
Pilotguy? Am I missing something? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Vincent Chase
03-16-2020, 12:22 PM
Just for some market research, does your husband drive a Miata?
Too soon. Too soon.

Brainsurgeon
03-17-2020, 05:29 AM

TIA

What do you look like? Hot? Asking for a friend.

Vincent Chase
03-17-2020, 05:51 AM
What do you look like? Hot? Asking for a friend.
^^^Now THIS is definitely too soon.^^^

hindsight2020
03-17-2020, 04:52 PM
with 3 kids in the 47-section of the weight ad balance (BUFF drivers will get the reference) and you ask is she hot? Man you Jodies are thristy.... :D

Gunfighter
03-17-2020, 05:05 PM
i'm his pregnant wife - due with a baby in 4 to 6 weeks and 2 other littles at home.

what do you look like? Hot? Asking for a friend.

. .

Baradium
03-17-2020, 05:27 PM
If he's really doing this, I would call that putting his job on the line at this point, he's hoping to expose his coworkers as well.