Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

busdriver12
03-16-2020, 06:45 AM
All the FCIF's and news alerts, union updates seem to be addressing international issues. But things are getting dicey here at home, so I'm wondering what people are experiencing domestically. How are the loads? How is your domestic support? Are they doing anything differently that you can see? I'm wondering if soon we are going to be quarantined in our hotel rooms like some of the international pilots. Are you bringing a suitcase full of beef jerky, power bars, tylenol, lengthy novels just in case?

propilot
03-16-2020, 09:21 AM
Spent last week doing a tour of America type line. Ops normal. Loads were on the heavy side.

Hacker15e
03-16-2020, 09:28 AM
Seems to be essentially ops normal on my line.

FrankTheTank
03-16-2020, 09:46 AM
Seems like most my loads have been coming in over planned.

901Dude
03-16-2020, 10:03 AM
Flew all last week domestic...80K forecasted loads on FPR are only about 50-75%. Glad others are on the heavy side!

MEMA300
03-16-2020, 10:21 AM
Met or exceeded planned ZFW all legs.

busdriver12
03-16-2020, 01:50 PM
Sounds like mostly normal, larger loads. Good to hear. Amazon just announced they want to hire 100K more people...wonder if weíll start flying their freight again.

Meat Fighter
03-16-2020, 02:32 PM
10 to 20 percent more than FPR on most legs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Thrust Hold
03-16-2020, 04:46 PM
Over Planned Payload on most legs. We are being called upon to keep the Global Supply Chain running.

manolo1492
03-16-2020, 06:52 PM
We can dot it!!

busdriver12
03-16-2020, 07:11 PM
We can dot it!!

We can definitely dot it!😁

You know, watching the news makes me feel like weíre in an Avengers Endgame scenario. The End of Times, life as you know it is
over...it seems excessive.😳

Stan446
03-16-2020, 07:46 PM
We can definitely dot it!😁

You know, watching the news makes me feel like weíre in an Avengers Endgame scenario. The End of Times, life as you know it is
over...it seems excessive.😳

Sadly the general population buying it. People everywhere buying way more than they need. Pretty disappointing.

busdriver12
03-16-2020, 08:40 PM
Sadly the general population buying it. People everywhere buying way more than they need. Pretty disappointing.

i understand why. Every day something shocking seems to be declared. Itís 24/7 coronavirus news, from all fronts.

flextodaline
03-17-2020, 02:42 AM
We can dot it!!

....if you pay me......pay attention ALPA.....

Pman
03-17-2020, 05:48 AM
Or we can not do it and be out of a job and our company in ruins like many of our pax friends are facing......

Donít buy the drama. Do the job and quit the whining over being paid a couple hundred bucks an hour to sit in the hotel and surf the net. You still have a job. Many people wonít due to this media driven hysteria and BS.

StarClipper
03-17-2020, 06:12 AM
Or we can not do it and be out of a job and our company in ruins like many of our pax friends are facing......

Donít buy the drama. Do the job and quit the whining over being paid a couple hundred bucks an hour to sit in the hotel and surf the net. You still have a job. Many people wonít due to this media driven hysteria and BS.

Iím not sure what youíve been watching but this is not Media Driven Hysteria and BS. It is real

Peabody17
03-17-2020, 06:32 AM
Flew this morning on United into ORD on an Airbus. Maybe 1 out of 10 seats occupied.

Adlerdriver
03-17-2020, 06:48 AM

Thank you oh wise one for saving FedEx from us all. If we don't get on board and just suck it up we won't have a job!!! :rolleyes:
YGBSM!!!! What a pathetic post.
Do you understand how much money FedEx is going to make over the next year as a result of this debacle?
I get paid hundreds of dollars an hour to fly aircraft, sometimes sit in a hotel room, sometimes surf the net - but mostly to fly an aircraft safely from A to B. That's normal.
I don't accept getting paid the exact same amount to be confined to my hotel room for days at a time under surveillance by the local government.
I don't accept getting paid the exact same amount for deadheading multiple times per week on aircraft potentially filled with corona carriers.
Or:
Crossing the Chinese border risking blood tests and potential quarantine in their local hospitals.
Standing in line for 90 minutes with a bunch of infected locals trying to cross a border for work
Being quarantined in my own residence between trips.
Using transit hotels in various airport terminals because the country in question won't let us enter.
Riding on our own aircraft 4 hours in the wrong direction to connect with a normal pax carrier to go back almost where I came from to get home.

And the list goes on.

Much of this isn't under the control of FedEx. But they can acknowledge this everyday sh!t storm has hit an epic level and crews from every domicile are putting up with a lot of crap. They can share some of that windfall that has fallen into their lap because of the belly freight vacuum.

So, excuse me, Mr. Company shill, purple guy. But you need to wake up and realize when you're being taken advantage of. We shouldn't get paid the exact same amount that we do on a regular basis for dealing with this crap. "Just thankful to have a job" is not part of this equation. We're going above and beyond and we need to be compensated for it. I'm not going to fold up and lick the boots of FedEx management because the pax industry is on it's ass. That's their problem. We came to the dark side for this very reason. I lived through 9-11 on the pax side and got smart. What's happening over there now sucks for them, but it has nothing to do with us. We're making money and lots of it and we deserve to be properly compensated given the current environment.

Pman
03-17-2020, 06:48 AM
Itís effects are real. Yes. But those effects are being propagated by the media because they have nothing better to talk about 24/7 and it makes drama filled TV. This hysteria is uncalled for and unneeded. People should have used common sense and simply not been nasty. Instead weíre being stirred into burning the economy to the ground in an election year by a bunch of drama queens. The reaction of people and government is irrational, agenda driven, and otherwise overkill. The effects of this will hurt more people than the virus. Including you and me.

Adlerdriver
03-17-2020, 06:55 AM
Itís effects are real. Yes. But those effects are being propagated by the media because they have nothing better to talk about 24/7 and it makes drama filled TV. This hysteria is uncalled for and unneeded. People should have used common sense and simply not been nasty. Instead weíre being stirred into burning the economy to the ground in an election year by a bunch of drama queens. The reaction of people and government is irrational, agenda driven, and otherwise overkill. The effects of this will hurt more people than the virus. Including you and me.
No argument from me on any of that. I agree with you 100%.
That said, the list of stuff I posted and plenty more is happening to our crews every day. That's real. That's what it takes to move the freight these days. That freight is bringing in huge dollars because not only is there a sh!tload of it, but the rates they're charging for it are astronomical. So, whether the reasons for all this hysteria are valid or not, they are happening. Our crews are moving the freight in spite of it all. So we should be paid accordingly. Period - dot.
This "thankful to have a job" BS is for the pax guys.

Pman
03-17-2020, 06:58 AM
I hope they make a killing to make up for the past couple years. Rising tide raises all ships. I didnít mean to undervalue our work. Really I didnít. I know we put up with a lot and a lot of risk. Seriously. And probably came off a little more cynical than I meant to be. BUT this is a terrible situation for everybody. The whining about why our deal isnít as good as the other just gets old. Right this moment my friends are worried about imminently losing jobs. As far as we know, we donít NEED their deal yet. Just be thankful. Thatís all. Again. Sorry to have come out so cynical this situation is just frustrating.

Thrust Hold
03-17-2020, 08:52 AM
Alderdriver - Are you really making the exact same amount as you stated numerous times? I know guys out there having $60,000 months due to the OIM overrides and Draft.

Dakota
03-17-2020, 08:58 AM
Alderdriver - Are you really making the exact same amount as you stated numerous times? I know guys out there having $60,000 months due to the OIM overrides and Draft.

That's impressive. I don't even come close to that, but then again I've NEVER been called for draft...........in 20 years. I guess I live in the wrong place. I do know that there are several FOs who are flying wh0res............maybe 3-4 days off in the month.

HIFLYR
03-17-2020, 09:37 AM

OK how about the company step up and offer the following since we are continuing to travel to hot spots, after all they say they are there for us if something happens.

1. If you are required to stay in your room and use room service exclusively then give additional money for the added room service cost.

2. If you get quarantined you get paid like you are still on the trip. The companies current position "I verified this with the union". is you are simply pay protected. This means if you happen to get quarantined at the end of a trip you will not get paid for your extended stay, you will simply be on days off. The company is going to treat it as if you went sick in the field and it's still up in the air who will be paying for a hotel room if required.

3. The company document on when and how they are "sanitizing" the aircraft transiting hot spots.

Adlerdriver
03-17-2020, 09:47 AM
I haven't flown a single trip on draft since I got to HK. Just blew off a call yesterday. I know there are guys that are raking in the bucks, but Iím not one of them. Our MEC chairman and ALPA leadership has tasked our negotiating committee with improving our OIM. Thatís not gonna happen while the freight is moving. He said so in so many words twice in his last two communications to us. Iím doing what can to support their efforts. I enjoy my days off and stay away from the BS as much as I can afford.
The bottom line is that no one who is flying under these conditions should have to work 26 out of 28 days to see a significant increase in pay. Iím flying my line or sometimes less. Thatís should still pay more than it would under normal conditions.

busdriver12
03-17-2020, 11:33 AM
OK how about the company step up and offer the following since we are continuing to travel to hot spots, after all they say they are there for us if something happens.

1. If you are required to stay in your room and use room service exclusively then give additional money for the added room service cost.

2. If you get quarantined you get paid like you are still on the trip. The companies current position "I verified this with the union". is you are simply pay protected. This means if you happen to get quarantined at the end of a trip you will not get paid for your extended stay, you will simply be on days off. The company is going to treat it as if you went sick in the field and it's still up in the air who will be paying for a hotel room if required.

3. The company document on when and how they are "sanitizing" the aircraft transiting hot spots.

YES. These are reasonable requests, that should be easy to approve, along with a number of other issues. I understand thereís no reason to whine about little things, but the company and the union should be periodically reviewing the OIM for the changing circumstance, and not nickel and dime about every little thing.

Captpurple
03-18-2020, 05:20 AM
Normal load for me all week domestic. Sometimes a little over, sometimes a little under forecast.

busdriver12
03-18-2020, 06:37 AM
Heavy loan, extra pairing, same for our jumpseaters on the inbound.

dckozak
03-18-2020, 06:50 AM
Portland OR has rolled up the streets compared to last week. Bars closed, restaurants; takeout only. Book stores closed! Homeless on the streets more obvious by the lack of foot traffic and cars. Expect next week to be even worse.

LunkerHunter
03-18-2020, 06:56 AM
Airbus loads this week normal to slightly heavy... FL layovers kind of a goatrope with all the spring breakers.

Just saw that T.L. is stepping down from his mgmt role and going to the line, that was a bit quick- has it even been a year?
Seems odd...

busdriver12
03-18-2020, 07:24 AM
Airbus loads this week normal to slightly heavy... FL layovers kind of a goatrope with all the spring breakers.

Just saw that T.L. is stepping down from his mgmt role and going to the line, that was a bit quick- has it even been a year?
Seems odd...

The email says 2015. Time moves fast. He didn't mention a reason, so who knows? There's worse things to do than go back to flying, that's for sure.

FedEx Pilot
03-18-2020, 11:15 AM
ďFor the past couple weeks, our flights have been full, and we have registered record load factors intra-Asia, especially with our hub in Guangzhou,Ē he(Subramaniam) said.

https://dailymemphian.com/section/business/article/11768/fedex-outlook-clouded-by-coronavirus-questions

MEMA300
03-18-2020, 04:04 PM
https://video.foxnews.com/v/6142694474001#sp=show-clips

C2078
03-19-2020, 02:42 AM

Have you guys seen our new LOA for Corona? In a nutshell, if you or ANYONE in your household get it or are told to quarantine by public health official you are fully pay protected for 2 weeks. If you are on the road, company picks up the tab as well. Pretty good.

LunkerHunter
03-19-2020, 05:34 AM
Have you guys seen our new LOA for Corona? In a nutshell, if you or ANYONE in your household get it or are told to quarantine by public health official you are fully pay protected for 2 weeks. If you are on the road, company picks up the tab as well. Pretty good.

Not a moment too soon- that's great news

LunkerHunter
03-19-2020, 08:20 AM

just out of curiosity, where did you see said LOA?

NewOldGuy
03-19-2020, 09:10 AM
Pretty sure heís referring to a UPS LOA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk