Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : State shelter in place orders

BobZ
03-19-2020, 06:45 PM
California reportedly just ordered state wide shelter in place.

flyallnite
03-19-2020, 06:47 PM
Doesn't that effectively close the airports?

Hank Kingsley
03-19-2020, 06:48 PM
Not a problem if you're a US Senator.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-kelly-loeffler-dumped-millions-in-stock-after-coronavirus-briefing

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-says-richard-burr-should-resign-and-be-prosecuted-if-he-cant-explain-stock-dump

GoneMissed
03-19-2020, 06:50 PM
The only question is when will (not if) a nationwide shelter in place directive be given.

Amike
03-19-2020, 07:07 PM
Essential employees are excluded from the stay at home order. Update 9 I believe defines us as essential.

Extenda
03-19-2020, 07:17 PM

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sen-kelly-loeffler-dumped-millions-in-stock-after-coronavirus-briefing

https://www.thedailybeast.com/tucker-carlson-says-richard-burr-should-resign-and-be-prosecuted-if-he-cant-explain-stock-dump

Sickening that this is allowed. Regardless of party affiliation any senator who did this should go to jail.

vyperdriver
03-19-2020, 07:18 PM
Essential employees are excluded from the stay at home order. Update 9 I believe defines us as essential.
does that include all the tsa agents, contracted fuel guy's, contract maintenance etc, throughout all of Californias airports. This could be a very slippery slope. I don't see how California airports, or us, can remain operational in California until the order is lifted, regardless of whether we show up to work or not.

Phins2right
03-19-2020, 07:19 PM
Sickening that this is allowed. Regardless of party affiliation any senator who did this should go to jail.
Agreed. Totally a richard maneuver on his part.

flightlessbirds
03-19-2020, 07:23 PM

Agreed.

But also sickening that ‘this’ quarantine is allowed.

I’ve never been a fan of state general police powers ... here it raises its ugly head. What country are we in again?

Are we ready for the depression, socio-political upheaval, or both that come wrapped up in these policies?

Our jobs will be the least of our worries as this takes on a life of its own.

BobZ
03-19-2020, 07:32 PM

Its the golden rule......you know....he who writes the rules ends up with the gold. :)

You didnt think politicians became multimillionaires on $180k/yr did you?

SonicFlyer
03-19-2020, 10:08 PM
These mass quarantine orders are not Constitutional.

ZR29907
03-19-2020, 10:27 PM
These mass quarantine orders are not Constitutional.

Agree. What law does one break for going out in public? What is the penalty/fine? What is the penal code violation? What is the enforcement agency?

I suspect nobody thought of that before the pronouncement.

LumberJack
03-19-2020, 11:11 PM
Agree. What law does one break for going out in public? What is the penalty/fine? What is the penal code violation? What is the enforcement agency?

Let Me Google That For You (https://lmgtfy.com/?q=shelter+in+place+meaning)

atpcliff
03-19-2020, 11:45 PM

I read about a girl in Italy. She was tired of staying at home, so went to a friend's place for dinner. There were 4 of them eating in one of their apartments. The local police knocked on the door and sent them home. They told them they could be heavily fined and/or thrown in jail for their violation of the travel ban.

Slaphappy
03-20-2020, 12:04 AM

Don't see any issue.

pilot141
03-20-2020, 01:12 AM
I read about a girl in Italy. She was tired of staying at home, so went to a friend's place for dinner. There were 4 of them eating in one of their apartments. The local police knocked on the door and sent them home. They told them they could be heavily fined and/or thrown in jail for their violation of the travel ban.

That is Italy. This is the US. However....

The US governors have MUCH more power to regulate people's behavior than the federal government does.

In fact, your local mayor probably has more power over you than you think.

So if your mayor said lock someone up for having a party after curfew...it would probably happen. Then enjoy your ride through the courts all the way up to the Supreme Court. Where you would lose.

If the FEDS said "break up that party", instant First Amendment violation. Go away.

Part of Federalism was allowing states to govern themselves, and we are now seeing it.

Extenda
03-20-2020, 04:26 AM
Don't see any issue.

On a fundamental level, you think it’s ok for a senator to dump stock, and tell his rich buddies to dump stock, because he knows the catastrophe incoming, while not sounding the alarm to his constituents? If the senators names were replaced with Schumer and Sanders would you still not see any issue?

Gspeed
03-20-2020, 04:29 AM
Don't see any issue.

Not surprising given the nature of your prior posts on here. Winning > Party > Country is what I’ve learned about a lot of people these past few years.

lgaflyer
03-20-2020, 05:11 AM

thrown in jail? The kind where they put 3-4 people in 1 cell?

sailingfun
03-20-2020, 05:32 AM
I am not a Trump fan and realize that politics are a difficult subject but keep in mind that many Covid19 decisions are political designed to embarrass or prevent a Trump reeelection. This is especially true in CA. I believe Orange County CA which is one of the most populated counties in CA has had zero Covid19 deaths. Traffic fatalities on the other hand are rampant. Using Covid19 for political gain is about as low as you can go.

DMEarc
03-20-2020, 05:51 AM
I am not a Trump fan and realize that politics are a difficult subject but keep in mind that many Covid19 decisions are political designed to embarrass or prevent a Trump reeelection. This is especially true in CA. I believe Orange County CA which is one of the most populated counties in CA has had zero Covid19 deaths. Traffic fatalities on the other hand are rampant. Using Covid19 for political gain is about as low as you can go.

I used to think this, then I realized that the entire world is reeling. Global commerce has screeched to a halt. The entire world lost its cool before we did.

You think Nancy and Chuck did that? No.

Doctors are saying this is the most contagious deadly disease we as a species has seen in 100 years.

Is CNN blowing it out of proportion? Yes, but they did the same with Malaysia 370, Impeachment, etc.

gloopy
03-20-2020, 07:21 AM

From what I've read they are immune from insider trading regs. To an extent that's reasonable, because everything they do in the aggregate effects everything so the charge of insider trading could always be levied against them. The other side of that is our entire system is built on "us" going to congress. That means business owners, farmers, stock holders, etc. It was never meant to be a separate class of overlords.

The attempted media frenzy around this is to try and flip GA, either nationally or at the very least for the senate seat. They all do it and they have always done it. The GA senator says these were third party advisor firm decisions and that's probably true. Did our political geniuses do anything no one in the professional investor class had no idea what or when they would do it? Highly unlikely.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 07:25 AM

Only thing lower is politicians using proprietary info to make investment moves.

JulesWinfield
03-20-2020, 07:29 AM
From what I've read they are immune from insider trading regs. To an extent that's reasonable, because everything they do in the aggregate effects everything so the charge of insider trading could always be levied against them. The other side of that is our entire system is built on "us" going to congress. That means business owners, farmers, stock holders, etc. It was never meant to be a separate class of overlords.

The attempted media frenzy around this is to try and flip GA, either nationally or at the very least for the senate seat. They all do it and they have always done it. The GA senator says these were third party advisor firm decisions and that's probably true. Did our political geniuses do anything no one in the professional investor class had no idea what or when they would do it? Highly unlikely.

Good thing Senators from both parties participated. Now, it is a bipartisan issue. Burn them at the stake.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 07:30 AM
From what I've read they are immune from insider trading regs. To an extent that's reasonable, because everything they do in the aggregate effects everything so the charge of insider trading could always be levied against them..
=12pt.
Easy. Just park your assets in qqqq or similar market indexes while you’re serving the people. Politicians shouldn’t make money on their own decisions, and shouldn’t help their friends do so, either

Extenda
03-20-2020, 07:34 AM
Easy. Just park your assets in qqqq or similar market indexes while you’re serving the people. Politicians shouldn’t make money on their own decisions, and shouldn’t help their friends do so, either

Exactly. The fact that this isn’t reprehensible to any voter shows how sick our political system is.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 07:35 AM
exactly. The fact that this isn’t reprehensible to any voter shows how sick our political system is.
but theyre on my team!

gloopy
03-20-2020, 07:40 AM

Even market indexes respond to public policy.

Then I think we'd be even more likely to ends up with even more career lifetime polititians than we already have.

Blind trust + term limits? That could help a little bit. Maybe.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 07:43 AM
Even market indexes respond to public policy.

Then I think we'd be even more likely to ends up with even more career lifetime polititians than we already have.

Blind trust + term limits? That could help a little bit. Maybe.
buy and hold. Sales planned months ahead for personal needs.

gloopy
03-20-2020, 08:06 AM
buy and hold. Sales planned months ahead for personal needs.

Whatever they do with that WRT regs, we need term limits, at least a 50% salary cut and the elimination of any pension or lifetime benefit of any kind for "serving". That a hipster commie (theoretically, of course) from a literal commune can get into politics and, through that and only that, become a multi millionaire, by building a brand railing against millionaires, is every bit as bad as the so called insider trading that they all do.

Mesabah
03-20-2020, 09:41 AM
You are exactly right, it looks like we are going to have an effective treatment plan for this virus in the next few days. However, the blue states will remain on lockdown as long as it takes to influence the election.

beis77
03-20-2020, 10:01 AM
I’m not a fan of either side. Trump’s biggest enemy is himself, always has been. He speaks/tweets before thinking, and the other side has more than enough ammo on him to burn him for it. Depending on how bad this thing gets (hope we recover soon), you know come November that his opponents will be playing clips of Trump calling COVID a hoax while showing the death toll (whatever it ends up being), saying that he didn’t take it serious enough.

Mesabah
03-20-2020, 10:11 AM
I’m not a fan of either side. Trump’s biggest enemy is himself, always has been. He speaks/tweets before thinking, and the other side has more than enough ammo on him to burn him for it. Depending on how bad this thing gets (hope we recover soon), you know come November that his opponents will be playing clips of Trump calling COVID a hoax while showing the death toll (whatever it ends up being), saying that he didn’t take it serious enough.
He’s definitely done after this, no one could recover from this mess. Goldman is predicting -24%GDP, -20% is a depression.

beis77
03-20-2020, 10:12 AM
Agreed, if the President is required to remove himself from business for conflict of interest reasons, then I’m not sure why Congress should be any different. They control the purse strings and definitely have insider info, since they support their constituents in many of these companies, especially when it comes to giving out funds for grants, loans, bailouts etc. Military and Federal workers would probably go to jail for something like this.

Heck, while these guys are at it, why don’t they just buy up Boeing stock and then vote on the Boeing bailout? Unbelievable...

Hank Kingsley
03-20-2020, 10:12 AM
He’s definitely done after this, no one could recover from this mess. Goldman is predicting -24%GDP, -20% is a depression.
The coronavirus press conference today was beyond crazy. 25th Amendment behavior.

Banzai
03-20-2020, 10:15 AM
He didn't, in the beginning. I think he is now, if for no other reason than someone convinced him that he was running the risk of being remembered as the President who destroyed America through sheer cupidity.
The irony is, if he would quit using his press conferences trying to convince everyone what a great job he's doing, and throwing jabs around, he would actually look like he's starting to do a good job.

contrails12
03-20-2020, 10:18 AM
"the state department, or as I like to call it the deep state department."

BobZ
03-20-2020, 10:22 AM
The coronavirus press conference today was beyond crazy. 25th Amendment behavior.

We must have watched 2 different pressers.

Whats sick is the reporters continuing to play political gotcha games.

Turbo1
03-20-2020, 10:22 AM
He’s definitely done after this, no one could recover from this mess. Goldman is predicting -24%GDP, -20% is a depression. so glad you are clairvoyant ..... I don't think anyone else could have handled it any better

JulesWinfield
03-20-2020, 10:24 AM
so glad you are clairvoyant ..... I don't think anyone else could have handled it any better

South Korea did.

Mesabah
03-20-2020, 10:27 AM
so glad you are clairvoyant ..... I don't think anyone else could have handled it any better
If the left is willing to burn it to the ground in order to get their way, what options do you have? Look at Australia where they burned a significant amount of the country by arson, to bring attention to climate change.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 10:56 AM
South Korea did.

A homogenous society of 51 million. Spread across 39,000 sq miles.

An infinitely more manageable equation than 340 million culturally and socially disparate population spread across almost FOUR MILLION. square miles.

Spare us the nonsensical comparisons.

gloopy
03-20-2020, 10:58 AM

Its still anyone's election. The other side is just as bad from an electability standpoint and very few people will look at the pre Cv19 economy and the post Cv19 economy and say its his fault except the TDS crowd who are already priced in anyway.

He didn't call it a hoax, he called its coverage a hoax. He didn't say nazis were "very fine people" or that immigrants are "animals" those are blatant lies, continually reported years after being debunked completely. They were shrieking howls of naziism when he stopped flights when he did and they called that heavy handed and unreasonable. Sound-byte 30 second ads go both ways.

Will the electorate really say Biden (who is unlikely to be the one on the ballot in November IMO but we'll see) will be better? Will the people also vote for his flag burning marxist radical veep on the ticket as well? Stick it to Orange Man Bad and let's go with unlimited open borders with unlimited completely free medical, education, housing, food and direct cash benefits for the entire planet whoever wants to walk over and take it. Yeah that'll show him!

BTW I don't think we're likely to see a thread beyond a couple pages that isn't a colossal political TOS dumpster fire for a while. Mods feel free to delete this idc.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 11:12 AM
Im just trying to imagine the media and political reactions had the current potus made his first order after taking office to spend hundreds of millions on pandemic preparedness along with stringent health screenings before any foreign visitor be allowed entry to the US?

You people monday morning QBing this are a joke.

Mesabah
03-20-2020, 11:20 AM
Im just trying to imagine the media and political reactions had the current potus made his first order after taking office to spend hundreds of millions on pandemic preparedness along with stringent health screenings before any foreign visitor be allowed entry to the US?

Yes it is a catch-22, that’s why I don’t think anyone could recover from it.

Hank Kingsley
03-20-2020, 11:22 AM

Read or google an article by David Leonhardt, March 15, NYT. Outlines the timeline. I believe the Senate Intelligence Committee briefing was on Jan 26. The one the senators got their insider trading info. So, the intelligence community, part of the executive branch had this info. Compare it to what was being said around that time. It's not Monday Morning at all.

Having been to briefings at the Pentagon many years ago and at Delta Air Lines, I've never seen this behavior by an adult.

contrails12
03-20-2020, 11:28 AM
If the left is willing to burn it to the ground in order to get their way, what options do you have? Look at Australia where they burned a significant amount of the country by arson, to bring attention to climate change.

_______ derangement syndrome?

OOfff
03-20-2020, 11:30 AM
A homogenous society of 51 million. Spread across 39,000 sq miles.

An infinitely more manageable equation than 340 million culturally and socially disparate population spread across almost FOUR MILLION. square miles.

Spare us the nonsensical comparisons.
the homogenous population excuse, or the dog whistle for “we could have done better if not for all these minorities”

contrails12
03-20-2020, 11:32 AM
Reporter: “ what do you say to the millions of Americans that are scared right now?”

War time President: “I say you’re a terrible reporter, next”

followed by adolescent name calling

“I don’t called it Comcast I call it concast”

WTF

BobZ
03-20-2020, 11:33 AM
Read or google an article by David Leonhardt, March 15, NYT. Outlines the timeline. I believe the Senate Intelligence Committee briefing was on Jan 26. The one the senators got their insider trading info. So, the intelligence community, part of the executive branch had this info. Compare it to what was being said around that time. It's not Monday Morning at all.

Having been to briefings at the Pentagon many years ago and at Delta Air Lines, I've never seen this behavior by an adult.

Im not referencing the insider trading. Congress has been corrupt in this regard for decades.

I will say this....had the current potus made eliminating congressional insider trading immunity his top priority entering office its likely his removal from office would have been swift....and bipartissn.

Phins2right
03-20-2020, 11:35 AM
We all get a say in November. Let's see how it fleshes out.

tripled
03-20-2020, 11:51 AM
Reporter: “ what do you say to the millions of Americans that are scared right now?”

WTF

What was the context of that exchange. The reporter would just as likely then report something like “trump tries to comfort scared Americans. And fails. How insensitive is this president!”

Not a trump fan either but few normal people would put up with the treatment he has endured.

Web265
03-20-2020, 11:54 AM

WTF

That wasn’t the question he was answering, it was the one before that. It was worded in the spirit of “have you stopped beating your wife yet?”

Something to the effect of “given you penchant for spreading false positive messages....” or something along that line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

badflaps
03-20-2020, 11:59 AM
I thought it was interesting non of the big guns were there today, mostly young reporters.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 11:59 AM
That wasn’t the question he was answering, it was the one before that. It was worded in the spirit of “have you stopped beating your wife yet?”

Something to the effect of “given you penchant for spreading false positive messages....” or something along that line.

was this before or after he spread false positive messages about chloroquine efficacy that was immediately refuted by experts on the same stage?

captjns
03-20-2020, 12:02 PM

How about jumping into the game, mobilizing, using true professionals to come up with a game plan to have met this issue head on in during the early stages of development?

Perhaps the markets would have tanked. Perhaps the numbers afflicted with the Coronavirus wouldn’t be different. But 2 months of denials and inaction? Really? Lack of leadership, proactivity, stock piling medical supplies, construction of temporary medical facilities, providing the physicians with research data... the list goes on.

captjns
03-20-2020, 12:04 PM
Its still anyone's election. The other side is just as bad from an electability standpoint and very few people will look at the pre Cv19 economy and the post Cv19 economy and say its his fault except the TDS crowd who are already priced in anyway.

He didn't call it a hoax, he called its coverage a hoax. He didn't say nazis were "very fine people" or that immigrants are "animals" those are blatant lies, continually reported years after being debunked completely. They were shrieking howls of naziism when he stopped flights when he did and they called that heavy handed and unreasonable. Sound-byte 30 second ads go both ways.

Will the electorate really say Biden (who is unlikely to be the one on the ballot in November IMO but we'll see) will be better? Will the people also vote for his flag burning marxist radical veep on the ticket as well? Stick it to Orange Man Bad and let's go with unlimited open borders with unlimited completely free medical, education, housing, food and direct cash benefits for the entire planet whoever wants to walk over and take it. Yeah that'll show him!

BTW I don't think we're likely to see a thread beyond a couple pages that isn't a colossal political TOS dumpster fire for a while. Mods feel free to delete this idc.

Refresh my memory.... Whose gonna pay for that wall?

Phins2right
03-20-2020, 12:20 PM
was this before or after he spread false positive messages about chloroquine efficacy that was immediately refuted by experts on the same stage?
He said this:
"“I am a fan of that [drug] and we’ll see what happens. I have seen things that are impressive. We’ll see. We’ll know soon. When you get to safety, this is prescribed for many years for people to combat malaria, which was a big problem,” Trump said.

“Everybody knows the level of the negatives and positives, but I will say that I am positive when it comes to particularly one of these drugs. We’ll see how it works. I am not saying it will but I think that people may be surprised. It is a game-changer. We’ll know very soon,” the president continued."

Fauci said this:

when it was Fauci’s turn to comment, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director said that while he shared the president’s positive outlook, the drug still needs to be tested specifically for coronavirus efficacy — echoing FDA chief Stephen Hahn’s comments the day before.

“What we don’t know … is whether it’s safe. I like to prove things first,” Fauci said.

Trump said this when asked about it before;
"Maybe or maybe not. Maybe there is or maybe not.”

“It may work and it may not work. I agree with [Fauci]. It may work or may not. I feel good about it. Just a feeling. I am a smart guy, we’ll see soon enough.”
lots of things going on.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 12:28 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/PodSaveAmerica/status/1241041962871881728?s=20

this video makes it pretty clear he’s responding to the question as written above.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 12:42 PM
the homogenous population excuse, or the dog whistle for “we could have done better if not for all these minorities”

Before you insinuate someone is applying a racial context to this you better know who it is you are accusing.

Or maybe just spend 5 seconds and check your demented personal dictionary against an actual dictionary.

Korea is managing a comparatively small population. That share common behavioral governmental and societal norms.

They are also a peninsula nation. Surrounded on 3 sides by water and on the 4th by a militarized border.

The only foreign presence of size in korea are US military members. And we hav locked them down for the korean people.

To compare the korean management problem to the one in the US would be like equating putting on a band aid to brain surgery.

Web265
03-20-2020, 01:35 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/PodSaveAmerica/status/1241041962871881728?s=20

this video makes it pretty clear he’s responding to the question as written above.

That is not the entire exchange. I stick to my statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOfff
03-20-2020, 03:03 PM
Before you insinuate someone is applying a racial context to this you better know who it is you are accusing.

Or maybe just spend 5 seconds and check your demented personal dictionary against an actual dictionary.

Korea is managing a comparatively small population. That share common behavioral governmental and societal norms.

They are also a peninsula nation. Surrounded on 3 sides by water and on the 4th by a militarized border.

The only foreign presence of size in korea are US military members. And we hav locked them down for the korean people.

To compare the korean management problem to the one in the US would be like equating putting on a band aid to brain surgery.
you’re the one who brought up homogeny. So, in our heterogenous culture, which group(s) lack the “behavioral, governmental, and societal norms” that would enable a swifter response than we have experienced?

BobZ
03-20-2020, 03:26 PM
you’re the one who brought up homogeny. So, in our heterogenous culture, which group(s) lack the “behavioral, governmental, and societal norms” that would enable a swifter response than we have experienced?

Which groups? Oh idk. How about young people partying on spring break because after all they are immune?

You dont suppose the south koreans had such a problem with societal cooperation or compliance?

340 million. Vs 51 million. 38000 sq miles in a water locked nation vs 3.8 million square miles with thousands of miles of borders. A relatively unexposed nation vs a nation with international commerce with people from almost every other nation on earth.

And you see racism. You know the problem with dog whistles?

Only dogs can hear them.

Hank Kingsley
03-20-2020, 03:33 PM
Im not referencing the insider trading. Congress has been corrupt in this regard for decades.

I will say this....had the current potus made eliminating congressional insider trading immunity his top priority entering office its likely his removal from office would have been swift....and bipartissn.
Read the NYT article. I'm not talking about trading. Talking about not doing his job.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 03:40 PM
Which groups? Oh idk. How about young people partying on spring break because after all they are immune?

this happened before any actual orders to shelter in place...which have seen high compliance here in CA. Everything is DEAD.

340 million. Vs 51 million. not sure why you think social cooperation doesn’t scale, but okay? 40m in California are cooperating.

it is interesting how you’re backing off from the “homogenous society” argument and throwing out “young people!” as if there aren’t young Koreans.

Extenda
03-20-2020, 03:47 PM
“What do you say to people who are scared right now?” The softballiest of softball questions.

”stay strong, we’re in this together, we’re gonna get through this” etc etc.

How hard was that? Why why why are people so spring coiled to defend this buffoonery? Just imagine this guy as your squadron commander. Smh...

OOfff
03-20-2020, 03:48 PM
“What do you say to people who are scared right now?” The softballiest of softball questions.

How hard was that? Why why why are people so spring coiled to defend this buffoonery? Just imagine this guy as your squadron commander. Smh...👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 Well said.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 03:48 PM
this happened before any actual orders to shelter in place...which have seen high compliance here in CA. Everything is DEAD.

not sure why you think social cooperation doesn’t scale, but okay? 40m in California are cooperating.

it is interesting how you’re backing off from the “homogenous society” argument and throwing out “young people!” as if there aren’t young Koreans.

Im not backing off anything. Do you know what the word means? Or going on what you think it means.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 03:50 PM
Im not backing off anything. Do you know what the word means? Or going on what you think it means.
yes. I know what homogenous means. You still haven’t explained how you think it justifies the inaction, lying, buffoonery, and hubris of this administration.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 03:58 PM
yes. I know what homogenous means. You still haven’t explained how you think it justifies the inaction, lying, buffoonery, and hubris of this administration.

you are quite accomplished at insults.

Ill have an answer as soon as you can justify suggesting im some kind of a racist for using a perfectly acceptable and appropriate word that doesnt mean anywhere near what you apparently think it means.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 04:28 PM
you are quite accomplished at insults.

Ill have an answer as soon as you can justify suggesting im some kind of a racist for using a perfectly acceptable and appropriate word that doesnt mean anywhere near what you apparently think it means.
So please, tell me, how is that homogeneity is relevant to the response of our respective governments?

SonicFlyer
03-20-2020, 04:40 PM
Its still anyone's election.Uh no, it's not.

The Democrat establishment did not put a serious candidate in the race because they knew they could not beat Trump. They were merely trying to protect down ballot races. Biden at this point is so senile and out of his mind he has zero chance to beat Trump, even with everything going on.

If the Dems had a serious candidate at the top of the ticket, given the current conditions, yeah, beating Trump might maybe be possible. But they don't. Because Biden is the nominee Trump will be reelected, it's a foregone conclusion and not even worthy of discussion.

Turbo1
03-20-2020, 04:42 PM
Uh no, it's not.

The Democrat establishment did not put a serious candidate in the race because they knew they could not beat Trump. They were merely trying to protect down ballot races. Biden at this point is so senile and out of his mind he has zero chance to beat Trump, even with everything going on.

If the Dems had a serious candidate at the top of the ticket, given the current conditions, yeah, beating Trump might maybe be possible. But they don't. Because Biden is the nominee Trump will be reelected, it's a foregone conclusion and not even worthy of discussion.very well said

Extenda
03-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Uh no, it's not.

If the Dems had a serious candidate at the top of the ticket, given the current conditions, yeah, beating Trump might maybe be possible. But they don't. Because Biden is the nominee Trump will be reelected, it's a foregone conclusion and not even worthy of discussion.

Really? The idea that you’re certain about a trump Vs. Biden outcome this early looks silly. Biden is crushing trump in the polls and I am not even close to saying Biden is going to win “for sure”.

Hank Kingsley
03-20-2020, 05:00 PM
I'd rather be on a golf course everyday, grabbing Ms. Universe contestants by the Hey Now by night. What guy in there 70's wants to be president. I question their sanity. It's like saying I want to fly to 67.

Mesabah
03-20-2020, 05:02 PM
Really? The idea that you’re certain about a trump Vs. Biden outcome this early looks silly. Biden is crushing trump in the polls and I am not even close to saying Biden is going to win “for sure”.
Biden has some medical conditions going on there, I don’t expect him to be the final candidate.

badflaps
03-20-2020, 05:06 PM
Biden has some medical conditions going on there, I don’t expect him to be the final candidate.
My dream is Nancy being his veep. What could go wrong?

BobZ
03-20-2020, 05:10 PM
So please, tell me, how is that homogeneity is relevant to the response of our respective governments?

I already did.

How about you try explaining how 340 million people tearing each other apart over Russians! Impeachment! This group over that group. Burdened with a ponderous administrative state. Arguing over if this virus is even a threat.....

Is somehow more efficient in responding than a group.of people a fraction of the size with a fraction of exposure who have common agreement on social and cultural and political priorities with a comparatively tiny administrative state and all nearly immediately aligned with a course of action to combat the situation?
You are even still at the counterproductive complaining and insults.

I must have missed your posts over the last few years decrying the unpreparedness of our nations pandemic response capabilities.

But here you are now, johnny on the spot with not answers, but plenty of complaints and insults about people who are trying to find answers and solutions.

So in a week or so when california has not 1000 but perhaps ten or 100 times that can we expect you on here railing over Gov Newsoms lying buffoonery and incompetence for not locking things down sooner?

Or are you a complainer bigot. Reserving your scorn for only 'those people'?

Turbo1
03-20-2020, 05:11 PM
I already did.

How about you try explaining how 340 million people tearing each other apart over Russians! Impeachment! This group over that group. Burdened with a ponderous administrative state. Arguing over if this virus is even a threat.....

Is somehow more efficient in responding than a group.of people a fraction of the size with a fraction of exposure who have common agreement on social and cultural and political priorities with a comparatively tiny administrative state and all nearly immediately aligned with a course of action to combat the situation?
You are even still at the counterproductive complaining and insults.

I must have missed your posts over the last few years decrying the unpreparedness of our nation to pandemic capabilities.

But here you are now, johnny on the spot with not answers, but plenty of complaints and insults about people who are trying to find answers and solutions.

So in a week or so when california has not 1000 but perhaps ten or 100 times that can we expect you on here railing over Gov Newsoms lying buffoonery and incompetence for not locking things down sooner?

Or are you a complainer bigot. Reserving your scorn for only 'those people'?
right on Bob! Experience trumps stupidity every day!

Slaphappy
03-20-2020, 05:12 PM

I thought it was great.

Hank Kingsley
03-20-2020, 05:30 PM
I thought it was great.
I never watched the Apprentice, but it sounded like just another episode. Gary Busey and Meatloaf solving the virus. With the tough guy calling the shots. Reality tv coming to life.

Iceberg
03-20-2020, 05:53 PM
very well said

You two should have used your Nostradamus-esque talents to warn everyone about this pandemic. Certainty like that shouldn’t be limited to this web board.

atpcliff
03-20-2020, 06:07 PM
you are exactly right, it looks like we are going to have an effective treatment plan for this virus in the next few days. However, the blue states will remain on lockdown as long as it takes to influence the election.
"queens-based long island jewish medical center has gone into “surge capacity,” or overflow, as its icu has filled up, dr. Narasimhan said. She is seeing three times the number of patients in the icu today than during a “high” peak flu season, with a significant number of those patients under the age of 60.
“i’ve seen more cases in the last 10 days of severe respiratory illness than we’ve seen in years,” she said. “i’m very worried.”"

ShyGuy
03-20-2020, 06:12 PM

How hard was that? Why why why are people so spring coiled to defend this buffoonery? Just imagine this guy as your squadron commander. Smh...

That was a stupid question. And the context was something like, "20,000 infected, 200 dead, what do you say to Americans who are scared right now?" is typical CNN sensationalism.

Just like them running an article about how a family in NJ and how the coronavirus killed a lady's mom, sister, brother, and another sibling. But the articles goes on to mention (way deep in the middle/towards the bottom) that, and I quote, "the siblings were in their 50s and it's unclear if they had an underlying medical condition."

Then why report this?!

TED74
03-20-2020, 06:16 PM
Just like them running an article about how a family in NJ and how the coronavirus killed a lady's mom, sister, brother, and another sibling. But the articles goes on to mention (way deep in the middle/towards the bottom) that, and I quote, "the siblings were in their 50s and it's unclear if they had an underlying medical condition."

Then why report this?!

News is stuff that stands out from the norm, as this family's experience did. And believe it or not, a good number of other Americans also are in their 50s and have underlying medical conditions.

Sometimes there's no there there.

contrails12
03-20-2020, 06:17 PM
I can’t believe I got an infraction for political posts for saying our war time president was “cadet bone spurs”

its factual.

asked about his military service he says he went to a military academy like it’s the same thing. There he rose to the rank of cadet.

shortly there after, when faced with the opportunity to serve in Vietnam, he receives multiple deferments for “bone spurs” even though he was an athlete

now as potus he has knighted himself as a wartime president against an invisible enemy (I’m guessing the virus. could be the caravan, or the 4M invisible illegitimate voters of 2016, who knows)
and I thought it appropriate, just like at the airlines when pilots like to be called by their former military rank, to revive his title from the academy and from Vietnam.

thus “cadet bone spurs”

“Hero? He’s a hero because he got caught. I don’t like people that get captured”
-DJT speaking about a POW

contrails12
03-20-2020, 06:19 PM
That was a stupid question. And the context was something like, "20,000 infected, 200 dead, what do you say to Americans who are scared right now?" is typical CNN sensationalism.

Then why report this?!

yeah, they were in their 50s! Basically dead already anyway

OOfff
03-20-2020, 06:26 PM
I already did.

wait, so now South Korea has no political division? I guess you don’t follow their politics closely.

which specific cultural and political priorities do the people of Korea share that our society doesn’t?

I must have missed your posts over the last few years decrying the unpreparedness of our nations pandemic response capabilities.

what a comically silly red herring argument. Not exactly a lot of reason to discuss pandemic response on APC before the past few months, obviously.

So in a week or so when california has not 1000 but perhaps ten or 100 times that can we expect you on here railing over Gov Newsoms lying buffoonery and incompetence for not locking things down sooner? not sure why you think I support newsom or his policies, but here’s another red herring to avoid answering how a heterogenous population prevented early action.

Extenda
03-20-2020, 06:28 PM
I can’t believe I got an infraction for political posts for saying our war time president was “cadet bone spurs”

its factual.

asked about his military service he says he went to a military academy like it’s the same thing. There he rose to the rank of cadet.

shortly there after, when faced with the opportunity to serve in Vietnam, he receives multiple deferments for “bone spurs” even though he was an athlete

now as potus he has knighted himself as a wartime president against an invisible enemy (I’m guessing the virus. could be the caravan, or the 4M invisible illegitimate voters of 2016, who knows)
and I thought it appropriate, just like at the airlines when pilots like to be called by their former military rank, to revive his title from the academy and from Vietnam.

thus “cadet bone spurs”

“Hero? He’s a hero because he got caught. I don’t like people that get captured”
-DJT speaking about a POW

It’s too late. People are all in. They wanted to believe all the crazy stuff he said because it provided simple answers to scary, complex problems, so they took a leap of faith. Now their egos cannot take the truth that they got conned by the most obvious conman in history.

atpcliff
03-20-2020, 06:33 PM
If nothing was done, study predicted 2.2 million US deaths. If we continue on present course for about 3 months, we can get it down to 1.1m deaths. If we go into complete lockdown, with no social gatherings/schools/concerts/sporting events, until we get about 2/3 of the US population vaccinated, we could get the death rate below 20,000. This would take 12-18 months, according to the study.
Study said we could have upwards of 45 million US residents hospitalized, if it gets really bad.

Italy is triaging like crazy, with doctors having to make quick decisions on who dies, and who gets the ventilators. Not enough ventilators, not enough oxygen treatments, not enough hospital beds, not enough doctors and nurses. Italian doctors who have served during wartime, say this is much, much worse.

Here is the experience of a US pilot:
First hand account from a pilot who contracted the Coronavirus and is under the age of 50. They have removed his name to protect his identity.
But said it was ok to share his experience:
Today I was diagnosed with having a moderate case of the COVID virus. I am not sharing this for any sympathy or get wells, but to share my firsthand experience of what this is like so that those who keep spreading false information and downplaying the severity of this virus can be better informed.
Due to government protocols that essentially make only the most severe cases allowed to be tested, I was only tested for flu and other infections to rule those out. Moderate cases like mine, or less, are not allowed to be tested and thus do not get added to the numbers of officially diagnosed.
I had to wait most of the day to be given a slot to see a doctor. And only then was I given one because my respiratory distress was progressing. Speaking of symptoms. I am lucky that I have not gotten a bad fever yet, but I have had significant breathing issues. I am not an at risk patient with pre-existing conditions. In fact, I am in good shape (I play full soccer games multiple times a week) and I am not overweight.
Yet, these symptoms even in a moderate case are brutal. I have never felt anything like this in my life. Just walking and talking was leaving me gasping for air. When I would cough I was left so breathless that I even passed out a couple times after gasping for air. It took multiple medicines to only make my breathing feel labored. I have also been told that it will very likely be many months until my lung damage heals.
All of this and there are still not many cases in my area. If the outbreak had gone uncontained like it did in parts of Italy and I would be unable to see a doctor I would hate to imagine what would have happened. During my 2 hours at the ER I heard 2 Code Blue's in the COVID ward.
So for those that keep spreading false information and propaganda just stop. For those bemoaning this as a just a glorified flu just stop. This is not fun for anyone, our industry's economic health cratering is not fun, but you know what is not fun, seeing comments and posts saying that I just have a "bad flu".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/a-chilling-scientific-paper-helped-upend-us-and-uk-coronavirus-strategies/ar-BB11jVNP?li=BBnb7Kz

BobZ
03-20-2020, 06:43 PM
wait, so now South Korea has no political division? I guess you don’t follow their politics closely.

which specific cultural and political priorities do the people of Korea share that our society doesn’t?

what a comically silly red herring argument. Not exactly a lot of reason to discuss pandemic response on APC before the past few months, obviously.

not sure why you think I support newsom or his policies, but here’s another red herring to avoid answering how a heterogenous population prevented early action.

Yeah.. I was following the korean russia investigation closely. And the preoccupation of their entire government and media with palace intrigue to the exclusion of every other actually important issue involving the safety and well being of our nation.

And you have no complaints about the people who are charged with actually looking out for our nations safety and preparedness wasting years doing everything but what they should.

What is clear that even after explanation you are incapable of removing the lens of racial color from your personal definitions of vocabulary.

Its no wonder you are hearing whistles.

OOfff
03-20-2020, 06:46 PM
And you have no complaints about the people who are charged with actually looking out for our nations safety and preparedness wasting years doing everything but what they should.
I don’t?

What is clear that even after explanation you are incapable of removing the lens of racial color from your personal definitions of vocabulary.
what explanation? You refuse to say what specific social norms Koreans share that Americans don’t.

BobZ
03-20-2020, 06:53 PM
I don’t?

what explanation? You refuse to say what specific social norms Koreans share that Americans don’t.

For starters...how about these two cited by their president?

President Moon Jae-in pledged greater efforts and more funding to fight the virus in a speech as he also called on unity.

"The outbreak can threaten our lives temporarily, but it cannot break our unity and hope," he said, according to Reuters.

Is that what you are peddling here?

Unity and Hope?

OOfff
03-20-2020, 07:04 PM
For starters...how about these two cited by their president?

President Moon Jae-in pledged greater efforts and more funding to fight the virus in a speech as he also called on unity.

"The outbreak can threaten our lives temporarily, but it cannot break our unity and hope," he said, according to Reuters.

Is that what you are peddling here?

Unity and Hope?
are these words that aren’t used by our leaders in the face of a crisis? Those are hardly objective descriptions exclusive to the Korean people.

so again, what specific social norms do Koreans share that we don’t *as a result of our “heterogeny”* not shared by Koreans?

They have political division, age division, etc, so what metrics of “homogeny” are you referring to?

BobZ
03-20-2020, 07:23 PM
are these words that aren’t used by our leaders in the face of a crisis? Those are hardly objective descriptions exclusive to the Korean people.

so again, what specific social norms do Koreans share that we don’t *as a result of our “heterogeny”* not shared by Koreans?

They have political division, age division, etc, so what metrics of “homogeny” are you referring to?

Already explained.

In korea the criticism of the gov handling spurred a petition that got around a million signatures. Thats about 2%.

I put money if you had the same petition in the US the number would be a lot closer to 50% than 2%.

98% onboard vs maybe 50% onboard.

Yeah. Id say as a nation they are far more of a like mind, belief, society and culture than the US in dealing with this pandemic.

Which is precisely what the word i used means.

SonicFlyer
03-20-2020, 08:52 PM
Really? The idea that you’re certain about a trump Vs. Biden outcome this early looks silly. Biden is crushing trump in the polls and I am not even close to saying Biden is going to win “for sure”.The polls mean nothing.

Iceberg
03-20-2020, 08:59 PM
The polls mean nothing.

Much like elections, amirite?!

Nostradamus has spoken, don’t bother to vote. It won’t matter as the decision has already been made. Sonic and Turbo have guaranteed the results.

You guys ever race each other?

OOfff
03-20-2020, 09:46 PM
Already explained.

In korea the criticism of the gov handling spurred a petition that got around a million signatures. Thats about 2%.

I put money if you had the same petition in the US the number would be a lot closer to 50% than 2%.

98% onboard vs maybe 50% onboard.

Yeah. Id say as a nation they are far more of a like mind, belief, society and culture than the US in dealing with this pandemic.

Which is precisely what the word i used means.
where on earth has a petition in America ever gotten 50% of signatures?

at6d
03-20-2020, 10:04 PM
I still don’t get it.

What should have been done which didn’t get done?

Whats the next step?

C17B74
03-21-2020, 12:15 AM
Asian sector has already been thru this before with SARS and with a huge learning curve most worked thru it far better than others. Culture has a lot to do with it having lived in and visited the other areas as many in our industry have and it’s very telling. Can’t just be reactive and try to catch up vs being proactive and locking things down early. Even if you do the lockdown early, your population must adhere to these policies and not just roam around the streets unwilling to maintain protective measures. How many elders live with their families they raised who now support them in Asia vs the exact opposite in our society. They are revered far more than within our borders. Like I said it’s a cultural tradition well beyond our own nations existence. You must have strong community response.

It’s embarrassing not looking forward to learn from the lead cars (countries) in this race. It’s rather obvious other cars have been around this track before and manage to perform very well, while others continue to bounce off the barriers getting punished and those right behind will do the same not learning a thing from those right ahead of them. It’s very unfortunate.Containing coronavirus: lessons from AsiaTHE EFFECTIVE RESPONSE IN TAIWAN AND SOUTH KOREA HAS BEEN SHAPED BY TRAUMATIC MEMORIES of SARS
“Early travel restrictions, aggressive testing and screening of contacts and strict quarantine rules have been crucial. Universal healthcare, clear management structures for the public health response and proactive communication to get the population on board have also helped. These policies have managed to contain the virus in Taiwan and Singapore and reduce or slow infection rates in South Korea, Hong Kong and Japan.” - Financial Times

gloopy
03-21-2020, 07:48 AM
Refresh my memory.... Whose gonna pay for that wall?

I don't and never cared who would pay for it. There is a very valid arguement that the USMCA with its significantly higher labor cost provisions will be far in excess of the wall cost. He also threatened them with tarrifs and they started doing the lions share of our border patrol work which was far more effective than us anyway because of the insane "catch and release" system with fake court dates into the future no one was ever going to show up for. So its more accurate to say we will double the border patrol and make Mexico pay for it. I think it should have been paid for with a combination of remittence taxes and a small reduction in the numbers of F35s were getting. A couple dozen fewer wouldn't effect the unit cost much at all and all of that savings could have came out of our grossly excessive defense of Europe. I understand what you're trying to by throwing political red mead into the discussion but its not going to work.

The cost of a coast to coast wall is in the low double digit billions from every estimation and a lower mileage but still very effective one is much cheape than that. That's not even in the rounding errors of some departments. How much did the pentagon "lose" again? I think it started with a T.

Also you're trying to say people who voted for him based to whatever extent on the wall should instead either stay at home or vote for an open borders socialist promising free health care food and housing for the entire planet instead because he broke his promise or whatever. Its like when the MSM and political clas excoriated Bush 41 for breaking his "read my lips no new taxes" pledge. After a massive pressure campaign by his political opponents and the MSM class as their megaphone, he did what they demanded, only to be destroyed by them for doing what they demanded and wanted.

I don't think that's going to work this time. Obviously a depression economy isn't good for an incumbent, although the economically illiterate FDR didn't seem to have a problem with it.

I think we should have imposed a large tax on remittences to pay for the wall as well as cut off any and all public funds and rewards for immigrating illegally. That's by far the biggest issue anyway. Best case jobs are taken at wage suppression/artificial wage levels and worst case our social services are bled dry. Its unsustainable at the scale its on and you apear to be advocating for an unlimited increase in that.

It'll be a fun season of nonstop 30 second ads at least, that's for sure.

BobZ
03-21-2020, 07:50 AM
where on earth has a petition in America ever gotten 50% of signatures?

Maybe you caught the NY gov brief this morning.

The state with the highest numbers....yet he still had to take substantial time to lecture his state residents because they are not complying. And they are not meeting their obligation of social responsibility. And they are still perpetuating dangerously inaccurate information regarding the virus.

He cant get 20 million on the same page to get to 1st base.....meanwhile 51 million koreans have cooperated and are apparently sliding into home.

OOfff
03-21-2020, 07:56 AM

The state with the highest numbers....yet he still had to take substantial time to lecture his state residents because they are not complying. And they are not meeting their obligation of social responsibility. And they are still perpetuating dangerously inaccurate information regarding the virus.

He cant get 20 million on the same page to get to 1st base.....meanwhile 51 million koreans have cooperated and are apparently sliding into home.
while you’re in the dictionary making sure you used “homogenous” correctly, try looking up “tautological arguments”

Banzai
03-21-2020, 08:09 AM

South Koreans are ready to respond in an emergency because they have lived in the shadow of the North Korean threat for a long time. Preparing to act as a society for the preservation of their very lives is part of the culture, for better or worse.

BobZ
03-21-2020, 08:11 AM
while you’re in the dictionary making sure you used “homogenous” correctly, try looking up “tautological arguments”

My use was entirely correct.

Which reference should i look that up in?

The New World Dictionary of Seeing Racism and Being Offended by Words in the English Language?

OOfff
03-21-2020, 08:15 AM
My use was entirely correct.

Which reference should i look that up in?

The New World Dictionary of Seeing Racism and Being Offended by Words in the English Language?
you don’t see what I’m saying, and that’s okay. Basically, you’ve argued that the Korean response was because of a homogenous population and the population is homogenous because the response was more successful than ours. It’s tautological nonsense.

BobZ
03-21-2020, 08:44 AM
you don’t see what I’m saying, and that’s okay. Basically, you’ve argued that the Korean response was because of a homogenous population and the population is homogenous because the response was more successful than ours. It’s tautological nonsense.

No. I see exactly what you are saying.

You insinuate racisim and bigotry into a word that simply means a shared sameness.

When confronting crisis a greater degree of common individual identification and commitment to the group can be productive in achieving a more expedited resolution.

My original point was irt a post citing the korean result in the response was somehow a basis for valid criticism of the US response.

Imho such a comparison is nonsense. Two entirely different circumstances. In scope, in physical realities and exposure risks, and in the homogeny of the population in their response.

Your demented interpretation, typical of so many of people with all the answers....was to insinuate racisim and bigotry into my comparison. A mentality where everything is literally defined down to shades between black and white.

Todays briefing by Gov Cuomo highlighted exactly my point.

Scoop
03-21-2020, 08:49 AM

I think the GA Senator is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. A couple a million in trades on any given day for her is probably not that unusual.

Scoop

gloopy
03-21-2020, 09:07 AM
I think the GA Senator is worth hundreds of millions of dollars. A couple a million in trades on any given day for her is probably not that unusual.

Scoop

Agreed. Not that I like it.

I do find the underlying assumption that she (plus Burr, Feinstein and others) had access to some special information they "could have shared" to be stupid. If that were true, then every senator in that meeting would be liable, regardless of stocks bought or sold. There never was some double secret information that, if only given to the masses, we could have solved this by now yet that's the wiggly worm on the hook we're all being asked to swallow.

Lou Reed
03-21-2020, 10:55 AM
I thought it was great.

Of course you do, lemming. Slappy is such a fanatic of the actual president, that if you dare voice an opinion critical of the man, he'll get so triggered that he resorts to sending an insulting private message. Of course, he's set it up in a way that you can't reply. And they call us snowflakes!! :D To quote the great Roger Waters (Trumpers hate him) "Ha ha, charade you are"

badflaps
03-21-2020, 11:30 AM

Scoop
As Jack Benny said; "Timing is everything."

atpcliff
03-21-2020, 01:39 PM

I do find the underlying assumption that she (plus Burr, Feinstein and others) had access to some special information they "could have shared" to be stupid. If that were true, then every senator in that meeting would be liable, regardless of stocks bought or sold. There never was some double secret information that, if only given to the masses, we could have solved this by now yet that's the wiggly worm on the hook we're all being asked to swallow.

Feinstein's money is in a blind trust, and she does not communicate with the person running the trust. That is what most modern President's have done with their money, so as not to cause a conflict of interest.

gloopy
03-21-2020, 03:17 PM
Feinstein's money is in a blind trust, and she does not communicate with the person running the trust. That is what most modern President's have done with their money, so as not to cause a conflict of interest.

And the GA Senator's explanation was that it was a third party investment manager's decision. Again, I don't like it when any of them do it however they do it. If Feinstein's "blind trust" people made the same decision at the same time as Loeffler's and Burr's, than that at least very strongly implies that this may not be, in context, what its being hyped to be. My blind trust did what your investment manager did at the same time, so I'm good and you're bad.

Phins2right
03-21-2020, 03:46 PM
And the GA Senator's explanation was that it was a third party investment manager's decision. Again, I don't like it when any of them do it however they do it. If Feinstein's "blind trust" people made the same decision at the same time as Loeffler's and Burr's, than that at least very strongly implies that this may not be, in context, what its being hyped to be. My blind trust did what your investment manager did at the same time, so I'm good and you're bad.
Yeah, right, totally plausible.

gloopy
03-22-2020, 07:11 AM
Yeah, right, totally plausible.

Either both are plausable or neither is plausable.

It didn't take investment geniuses to see a downturn coming and we all knew about the virus at that point and that regardless of how bad it was, the efforts to contain it would be significant. If someone bought particular bipmedical stocks shortly before a big government injection of funds, that would be a much different situation.

jethikoki
03-22-2020, 07:17 AM

https://youtu.be/2zh30lm7aSQ