Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : April 2020 flight schedule

propellere
03-21-2020, 06:10 AM
Looks like 11% down on the American side from last month. A lot of people, myself included thought we would be hit a lot harder.

terks43
03-21-2020, 06:39 AM
Agreed, surprised with how little that is. At least compared to what it could have been.

chrisreedrules
03-21-2020, 08:44 AM
We saw about a 25% decrease in flying for April at PSA. They have said they expect May to be slightly better, although I have my doubts about that. We also parked our remaining CRJ200s early which would account for a lot of that I think.

brigadeaviator
03-21-2020, 08:32 PM
Looks like 11% down on the American side from last month. A lot of people, myself included thought we would be hit a lot harder.

Depends on the base, PHX took a bigger hit than DFW

pangolin
03-22-2020, 05:48 AM
Your numbers are off. Block hours down 32 pct United side and 16 pct on AA side. But mass Cx started happening yesterday. I wouldnít be surprised if there wasnít a further downward adjustment in days to come.

propellere
03-22-2020, 07:14 AM
We saw about a 25% decrease in flying for April at PSA. They have said they expect May to be slightly better, although I have my doubts about that. We also parked our remaining CRJ200s early which would account for a lot of that I think.

Hope the best for you guys! This will all be over soon. Itís most likely historical trend based route planning for the reduction measures American took. On the positive side, itís global. People will start traveling once this all blows over. Summer is right around the corner.

chrisreedrules
03-22-2020, 07:37 AM
Hope the best for you guys! This will all be over soon. Itís most likely historical trend based route planning for the reduction measures American took. On the positive side, itís global. People will start traveling once this all blows over. Summer is right around the corner.

I appreciate your optimism and I pray youíre right. My gut doesnít feel good about any of this though.

Melit
03-22-2020, 07:51 AM
Traveling with what money? Jobs are gone!

catmanhairy
03-22-2020, 08:50 AM
I just heard (unreliable source) that new hire training class (not including IOE) got sent home.

Anyone have better info?

backtoregionals
03-22-2020, 08:55 AM
I just heard (unreliable source) that new hire training class (not including IOE) got sent home.

Anyone have better info?

Heard all new hire training including IOE is stopped. Theyíre on min guarantee Iím told.

catmanhairy
03-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Heard all new hire training including IOE is stopped. Theyíre on min guarantee Iím told.At least they're still on payroll for now

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

pangolin
03-22-2020, 09:28 AM

Anyone have better info?

mesa or PSA?

catmanhairy
03-22-2020, 09:39 AM
mesa or PSA?Mesa

pangolin
03-22-2020, 11:14 AM
Mesa

kind of expected because of social distancing. I donít have any good contacts in training right now to know.

catmanhairy
03-22-2020, 05:16 PM
Heard all new hire training including IOE is stopped. Theyíre on min guarantee Iím told.

I've just heard that they're all being let go now without pay

propellere
03-22-2020, 05:20 PM
I've just heard that they're all being let go now without pay

Yes, you guys are correct. Itís in the email from today at the bottom.

airplane401
03-23-2020, 04:52 AM
Yes, you guys are correct. Itís in the email from today at the bottom.

We are still getting paid.

NovemberBravo
03-28-2020, 02:47 PM
When is Flica getting loaded?

airspeedsalive
03-28-2020, 03:00 PM
When is Flica getting loaded?

I spoke to Crew Line Adjustments today and asked about that. They told me they were still going through cancellations, but weíre planning on getting Flica loaded sometime tomorrow.

NovemberBravo
03-28-2020, 03:09 PM
I spoke to Crew Line Adjustments today and asked about that. They told me they were still going through cancellations, but weíre planning on getting Flica loaded sometime tomorrow.

cool thanks

SpeedyT
04-04-2020, 07:10 AM
Cancellations has been ongoing proactively. Don't be surprise when your block/credit hours been chop in half or more.

mjpilot
04-04-2020, 08:17 AM
Cancellations has been ongoing proactively. Don't be surprise when your block/credit hours been chop in half or more.

I'm down to 28 hours, still showing 90 on crew pay.

NovemberBravo
04-04-2020, 09:34 AM
Your credit should not change

mjpilot
04-04-2020, 11:44 AM
Your credit should not change

Unless I load up on more open time :D

terks43
04-04-2020, 12:30 PM
Unless I load up on more open time :D
Please donít. We need to try to keep as many jobs here as possible. You picking up open time during this is going to show the company that they donít need as many reserves and come October 1st they will be able to justify furloughing more pilots because of how line holders pick up flights. Please for your coworkers during this time do not pick anything up out of open time. We need to try to save every pilot that we possibly can right now.

NovemberBravo
04-04-2020, 02:44 PM
Will his credit even go up? in the old contract it wouldnít. Not too sure about the new one.

propellere
04-04-2020, 03:09 PM
Will his credit even go up? in the old contract it wouldnít. Not too sure about the new one.

Credit goes up, the open time is available to those who qualify under the Mesa Pilot Working Agreement guideline.