Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : April Schedules

fishforfun
03-21-2020, 04:02 PM
.....are out. Schedule looks like it does every month.

ERflyer
03-21-2020, 04:04 PM

So it is possible to run in 24 hours. They are so busted.

Abouttime2fish
03-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Wide anyway. Iím not showing a schedule yet.

CatDad
03-21-2020, 04:28 PM
What will we actually fly though? It shows a I have a line but all I see are fewer reserve days with higher credit. Iím not complaining about getting paid. Iím just wondering what is in store.

tennisguru
03-21-2020, 04:45 PM
So it is possible to run in 24 hours. They are so busted.
They can go as fast as they want when no one is going to fly the trips anyways...

fishforfun
03-21-2020, 04:53 PM
They can go as fast as they want when no one is going to fly the trips anyways...

Just browsing through open time in MiCrew for April, there are a lot of DHs in the rotations. Curious to see what actually gets flown. Im guessing very little.

popcopy
03-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Reserves: be ready to be assigned ferry flights to take aircraft to the boneyards for mothballs.

StartngOvr
03-21-2020, 05:14 PM
Reserves: be ready to be assigned ferry flights to take aircraft to the boneyards for mothballs.

I did one this morning. 319 to BHM. About 50 Delta ships on the ground there. MX rep told us on our ride to the terminal they were told to expect about 120 total. Others going to Marana and Blytheville. Sounds like the MDís are going to Blytheville for dismantling based on what he told us. This includes the -90ís was his understanding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Herkflyr
03-21-2020, 05:21 PM
They can go as fast as they want when no one is going to fly the trips anyways...Yeah I'm guessing no one at ALPA was really concerned about "too much this and not enough that." These are more hypothetical schedules at this point

GogglesPisano
03-21-2020, 05:25 PM
I bet I donít fly any of the Caribbean flights I see on my schedule next month. Maybe the domestic ones either.

tennisguru
03-21-2020, 05:29 PM
Yeah I'm guessing no one at ALPA was really concerned about "too much this and not enough that." These are more hypothetical schedules at this point
Basically itís about what days will we all be on 23K...

Shakinthefat
03-21-2020, 05:33 PM

Left BYH yesterday, 7 MD88ís delivered. Expecting 4 more today. Got a feeling by April there wonít be anymore ferry flights, hopefully.
But if there are, lots of 23k recovery flying before reserve.

AirbusPTC
03-22-2020, 08:36 AM
Officially: April PCS Begins: 0700E - March 25th, then runs 0700E, 1200E, 1700E and 2200E daily.

Anyone know why all the one-day trips in April OPEN TIME posted 3/21, are now gone 3/22? PCS doesn't start for 3 days right?

3 green
03-22-2020, 08:42 AM
I bet I donít fly any of the Caribbean flights I see on my schedule next month. Maybe the domestic ones either.
23K with multiple legs for you next month...

FangsF15
03-22-2020, 09:22 AM

Look at the ER and WB's... ATL 7ER B normally averages about 60 pilots on reserve. Next month, there are over 280. ATL 765 B has 33 line holders (and a bunch of those have ALPA or vacation)... Out of 193 in category... That's 83% on reserve. And NONE of it has coverage award.

Not even a little normal.

captkdobbs
03-22-2020, 09:29 AM
Not even a little normal.I have an entire line of day-trips. I haven't been able to even HOLD day trips in the last five years. (live in base so am happy about it, sorry for the guys that don't want this and get stuck with it)

crewdawg
03-22-2020, 09:34 AM
Go look at reserves available vs required for DTW330B, or really any WB category.

FangsF15
03-22-2020, 09:41 AM
Go look at reserves available vs required for DTW330B, or really any WB category.

Like ATL 765 B, several days with 3 required, 102 available. I venture that has never happened before. ever. I'll be surprised if anyone touches bucket 2, or if more than 75% fly a single day in April.

CX500T
03-22-2020, 10:10 AM
CS will still do 5 or 6 Short Calls

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

crewdawg
03-22-2020, 10:14 AM
CS will still do 5 or 6 Short Calls

I haven't even had 5 short calls in 6 months of reserve. Max I've had in a single month on the 330 is 2, generally it's 0 or 1.

GogglesPisano
03-22-2020, 10:22 AM
Officially: April PCS Begins: 0700E - March 25th, then runs 0700E, 1200E, 1700E and 2200E daily.

Anyone know why all the one-day trips in April OPEN TIME posted 3/21, are now gone 3/22? PCS doesn't start for 3 days right?

Look at the trip coverage. Swapboard?

Rooster435
03-22-2020, 10:48 AM
On the 717 it looks like a normal month as of now. Some blue days, some black. All the weekends will probably be black after the first PCS run, unless line holders start picking up to the limit in anticipation of 23k.

Thruster
03-22-2020, 10:56 AM
Didn’t know they could assign reserve trips like 3 days out? Is that legal?

CX500T
03-22-2020, 11:38 AM
I haven't even had 5 short calls in 6 months of reserve. Max I've had in a single month on the 330 is 2, generally it's 0 or 1.7ER or smaller 5 is not uncommon.

OOfff
03-22-2020, 12:24 PM
7ER or smaller 5 is not uncommon.

Iíve never had 5 short calls on the ER. Maybe in NYC, but itís not equipment-wide

AirbusPTC
03-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Look at the trip coverage. Swapboard?

I did, NOTHING on trip coverage for APRIL, there wouldn't be right, since the PCS doesn't OPEN until the 25th according to the Re-Bid cover sheet. Also there hasn't been a trip on the swap board for days.

waldo135
03-22-2020, 01:39 PM
I did, NOTHING on trip coverage for APRIL, there wouldn't be right, since the PCS doesn't OPEN until the 25th according to the Re-Bid cover sheet. Also there hasn't been a trip on the swap board for days.
Yet...at least for NYC320A people are getting trips for April in Trip Coverage.

Abouttime2fish
03-22-2020, 02:00 PM
Yet...at least for NYC320A people are getting trips for April in Trip Coverage.

PSB????

filler

waldo135
03-22-2020, 02:06 PM
PSB????

filler
blank. No code. Very odd

Abouttime2fish
03-22-2020, 03:31 PM
blank. No code. Very odd

that should be reserved then, but odd that far out. Maybe itís guys that got NOOP and then 23k flying under the new LOA and there just isnít a good code for that??

sailingfun
03-22-2020, 03:52 PM
that should be reserved then, but odd that far out. Maybe itís guys that got NOOP and then 23k flying under the new LOA and there just isnít a good code for that??

purchased trips for training often show up blank.

TED74
03-22-2020, 04:35 PM
On the 717 it looks like a normal month as of now. Some blue days, some black. All the weekends will probably be black after the first PCS run, unless line holders start picking up to the limit in anticipation of 23k.

What's a weekend?

waldo135
03-22-2020, 06:28 PM
purchased trips for training often show up blank.
OK, but a guy got 3 April trips. Heís not an LCA. Odd

StartngOvr
03-23-2020, 04:28 AM
OK, but a guy got 3 April trips. Heís not an LCA. Odd

Shadow bidder who had AE training cancelled?

waldo135
03-23-2020, 06:10 AM
Shadow bidder who had AE training cancelled?

Nope. Heís been a NYC320A for years. Somehow he jumped the line and filled up before anyone else had a shot.

sailingfun
03-23-2020, 06:20 AM
Nope. Heís been a NYC320A for years. Somehow he jumped the line and filled up before anyone else had a shot.
Did you look at his schedule? As they rebuild some trips the schedulers have to pull them off the pilots line and rework them. They briefly go into open time.

waldo135
03-23-2020, 06:22 AM
Did you look at his schedule? As they rebuild some trips the schedulers have to pull them off the pilots line and rework them. They briefly go into open time.
No...didnít think of that. Just seemed odd that it was only 1 person. I really donít care that much. I will take my 65-hour line and stay home as much as possible. May even give some away on the swap board.

Thruster
03-23-2020, 06:23 AM
In my category it was the CPs and ACPs getting the trips

Scoop
03-23-2020, 06:24 AM

The only April pick up I saw in any category including NYC 320A have been PSB pick ups. This happens every month prior to PCS runs as soon as the schedules post on I-Crew. Nothing nefarious going on. Maybe the PSB code did not initially show in I-Crew, but that would be a IT issue and DAL never has any............................................ Never-mind. :eek:

Scoop

sailingfun
03-23-2020, 06:36 AM
No...didnít think of that. Just seemed odd that it was only 1 person. I really donít care that much. I will take my 65-hour line and stay home as much as possible. May even give some away on the swap board.

All 3 trips were awarded to him in the PBS bid award. As I said scheduling probably removed them to alter the rotations or some type of legality check.

Cogf16
03-23-2020, 06:36 AM
I did one this morning. 319 to BHM. About 50 Delta ships on the ground there. MX rep told us on our ride to the terminal they were told to expect about 120 total. Others going to Marana and Blytheville. Sounds like the MDís are going to Blytheville for dismantling based on what he told us. This includes the -90ís was his understanding.

I just returned from a 757 ferry to Queretaro (QRO) Mexico. They do heavy check and mods there. The Delta mechanic who works/lives there fulltime said that VCV and Marana just jacked their rates so we are looking for other places, hence the QRO spot.

waldo135
03-23-2020, 07:09 AM
All 3 trips were awarded to him in the PBS bid award. As I said scheduling probably removed them to alter the rotations or some type of legality check.
Copy......

StartngOvr
03-23-2020, 09:05 AM

I was thinking his bid OUT of current position training was cancelled not bid in to NYC320A. It appears it is a regular line award though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CatDad
03-24-2020, 09:33 PM
It looks like our April bid pack is out. No Iím not late to the party. Open time in iCrew is full of pairings that weíre about to get 23kíd on.

CatDad
03-24-2020, 09:41 PM
Ooof. Itís pretty awful. At least NYC717. 5 day trips with 4 legs EVERY day. Iím sure theyíll continue to adjust them.

CX500T
03-24-2020, 09:45 PM
I just flipped MiCrew over to that. Wow..

7ER is trip here, trip there. Nowhere like that.

schwifty
03-24-2020, 10:27 PM
It looks like our April bid pack is out. No Iím not late to the party. Open time in iCrew is full of pairings that weíre about to get 23kíd on.

Yeah, SLC A220 is full of trips flying to cities we don't go to and the aircraft type is all A320 and 738. This is gonna be a full month of 23K. Anyone hoping to get some home renovations done on reserve are going to be disappointed.

rdb253
03-24-2020, 11:05 PM
Yeah, SLC A220 is full of trips flying to cities we don't go to and the aircraft type is all A320 and 738. This is gonna be a full month of 23K. Anyone hoping to get some home renovations done on reserve are going to be disappointed.

what does this mean? I'm slc 220 and was wondering what that's all about

Abouttime2fish
03-25-2020, 03:39 AM
Wonder when they will make that 0700 PCS run..... or will they wait another day or two because, well, itís just a LOA and stuff has changed....

GucciBoy
03-25-2020, 03:56 AM
Wonder when they will make that 0700 PCS run..... or will they wait another day or two because, well, itís just a LOA and stuff has changed....

PCS times are no-earlier-than.

ERflyer
03-25-2020, 04:49 AM
Another thing that has me not happy is that I bid based on the fact that there would be SILs for May. So I avoided some choice transition trips. Now there will not be SILs. I know it is a relatively minor problem but I donít like being lied to. Just tell me what the rules are and I will follow them. When you lie to me I do crazy things like completely support a MEC I previously didnít care for. Now I support them 100%.

Morning rant over. I need some damn coffee.

Rooster435
03-25-2020, 04:50 AM
After first PCS run basically the entire month went from blue to black for reserve coverage in my category. Looks like most line holders are dropping trips instead of picking up and hoping for 23k.

Herkflyr
03-25-2020, 04:57 AM
Another thing that has me not happy is that I bid based on the fact that there would be SILs for May. So I avoided some choice transition trips. Now there will not be SILs. I know it is a relatively minor problem but I donít like being lied to. Just tell me what the rules are and I will follow them. When you lie to me I do crazy things like completely support a MEC I previously didnít care for. Now I support them 100%.

Morning rant over. I need some damn coffee.

The company at least should have offered SILs for May. That would have shown them to be the adults in the room that they claim to be, hey they are using a tool that ALPA just agreed to give them, etc. Beyond that they would have real numbers and real metrics. If they then used those numbers to conclude that going forward SILs just aren't that helpful, then I think many of us would concede that they can draw the conclusions they like. But the way this went down is rotten. Makes us wonder if it was all theater.

queuetip
03-25-2020, 05:02 AM
After first PCS run basically the entire month went from blue to black for reserve coverage in my category. Looks like most line holders are dropping trips instead of picking up and hoping for 23k.
From the looks of NYC717, they're not dropping the trips, new trips are being created and dumped into open time. The company's going to do this, then NOOP the trip on line holders' lines, then force them into 23K recovery. For those in NYC717, be careful, most of the trips are now going to originate out of EWR, so if you purposely bid to have everything start in JFK, you're going to be screwed. It would be nice if 23K had to originate at the co-terminal the dropped trip originated from. Imagine guys in LA, plan to start in LAX but end up in SNA.

sailingfun
03-25-2020, 05:23 AM
From the looks of NYC717, they're not dropping the trips, new trips are being created and dumped into open time. The company's going to do this, then NOOP the trip on line holders' lines, then force them into 23K recovery. For those in NYC717, be careful, most of the trips are now going to originate out of EWR, so if you purposely bid to have everything start in JFK, you're going to be screwed. It would be nice if 23K had to originate at the co-terminal the dropped trip originated from. Imagine guys in LA, plan to start in LAX but end up in SNA.

Thats some deep black helicopter stuff right there!

queuetip
03-25-2020, 05:29 AM
Thats some deep black helicopter stuff right there!
You're not wrong, but you can't drop a trip without blue reserve coverage and NYC717 is now required reserves in the 20s with single digits available. Most legs on awarded rotations have been cancelled (in iCrew, not MiCrew), and now with 23K on a 12 hour leash, everyone's just on long call. So if I were a scheduler, I'd count on being able to run my schedule with my 23K recovery obligations, and then cover the gaps by putting EVERYONE who's scheduled for reserve on short call. There'll still be a surplus of pilots.

crewdawg
03-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Well there are trips in open that is for another category. DTW320 rotation has two operating legs of 757, a DH leg on a 321 and an operating leg on a 739. Love that they just dropped a bunch of fodder into open time late the night prior to the first PCS and drove all days black wrt coverage.

queuetip
03-25-2020, 05:43 AM
Love that they just dropped a bunch of fodder into open time late the night prior to the first PCS and drove all days black wrt coverage.
Yea, that's the other thing, there're NY trips that begin in DTW with no deadhead and end in ATL, wrong airframes, etc. It's hard to say that this wasn't intentional on some level.

hockeypilot44
03-25-2020, 07:26 AM
Looking at my April schedule, all but 3 flights have been cancelled.

tennisguru
03-25-2020, 07:32 AM

What fleet?

CatDad
03-25-2020, 07:32 AM
For those saying the legs and aircraft didnít make sense. Thatís an issue in miCrew, but not iCrew. iCrew shows everything ďcorrectĒ for lack of a better term. My theory is that they are still messing around with flight numbers and the system is confused.

DelDah Capt
03-25-2020, 07:34 AM
Same here.....every leg of every April trip is Canx and there's a bunch of new trips in open time. We're all just 23k fodder

charleyvarrick
03-25-2020, 07:50 AM
Essentially everyone is on reserve. Either literally or through super-secret backdoor 23k. WB guys and gals will be enjoying a month of pay probably with very little or no flying. NB, I doubt it. Marketing will be trying to sharp shoot the schedule, creating cascading changes upon changes upon changes. Tracking will be dialing the WOPR up to 11 and letting it do it's reroute magic as it desperately attempts to adapt to the changes without popping a CB. (Think DH from ATL to LGA and overnight, then fly LGA to ATL only to wake up and find out the leg is cancelled, now DH JFK to DTW to ATL.) It will be baffling and inefficient, but guess what? It will cost them nothing extra because they will have enough 23k and reserves to do this inexhaustibly.

I always like the story in "Fate is the Hunter" where Captain Ross is flying up and down a line of thunderstorms, looking for a hole to pass through. Just as Gann begins to wonder how far off course Ross will go, he notices Ross lower his seat to the stop, fasten his shoulder harness, and reach up and turn on the dome lights. He then looks over at Gann and says, "I advise you to do the same," and proceeds to turn the DC-2 straight into the weather. The ride was . . . memorable.

Banzai
03-26-2020, 08:40 AM
I donít understand April.

We rebid a lower schedule, but open time is overflowing, and there are capped reserve days everywhere.

Obviously Iím missing something...

mikea72580
03-26-2020, 08:45 AM
Essentially everyone is on reserve. Either literally or through super-secret backdoor 23k. WB guys and gals will be enjoying a month of pay probably with very little or no flying. NB, I doubt it. Marketing will be trying to sharp shoot the schedule, creating cascading changes upon changes upon changes. Tracking will be dialing the WOPR up to 11 and letting it do it's reroute magic as it desperately attempts to adapt to the changes without popping a CB. (Think DH from ATL to LGA and overnight, then fly LGA to ATL only to wake up and find out the leg is cancelled, now DH JFK to DTW to ATL.) It will be baffling and inefficient, but guess what? It will cost them nothing extra because they will have enough 23k and reserves to do this inexhaustibly.

I always like the story in "Fate is the Hunter" where Captain Ross is flying up and down a line of thunderstorms, looking for a hole to pass through. Just as Gann begins to wonder how far off course Ross will go, he notices Ross lower his seat to the stop, fasten his shoulder harness, and reach up and turn on the dome lights. He then looks over at Gann and says, "I advise you to do the same," and proceeds to turn the DC-2 straight into the weather. The ride was . . . memorable.

This is an exact summary of April.

3 green
03-26-2020, 08:55 AM

We rebid a lower schedule, but open time is overflowing, and there are capped reserve days everywhere.

I think they capped the reserve days just to keep pilots from dropping...Way more required than last month and the flights have been reduced dramatically..I guess they can just make up how many they want when it comes to reserves required for a certain day.

fishforfun
03-26-2020, 08:57 AM

Everything on your April schedule will likely be NOOP then use 23k to cover the actual trips they build to match demand. Just assume you are on reserve.

tripled
03-26-2020, 12:40 PM
A crew resource managerís dream: a company full of reserve pilots. Maximum flexibility and very useful for determining a minimum headcount for future runs.