Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Bemidji Aviation

Benjibelt
03-24-2020, 12:17 AM
Anyone have any thought or opinions on Bemidji? Iím currently a CFI, CFII, and MEI with 1200 TT. My airline class date is suspended due to the obvious climate. Would it be wise to take advantage of an opportunity flying cargo for this company or stay put flight instructing? Thanks!

cessnajockey
03-24-2020, 03:50 PM
I'm literally in your exact shoes, wondering the same thing.

Prop LT
03-24-2020, 06:55 PM
Depends on the regional. I flew 135 before the regionals, and have some knowledge of Bemidji and a few other cargo carriers. I personally would stay put unless you were planning to stay atleast a year to year and a half. Between getting hired, indoc, training, then actually flying may put you at a disadvantage if things turn around in the next 3-6 months. Most companies are going to have a training contract, and you will probably get the same number of hours flying 135/CFIing. However you will have flexibility of being able to jump to the regionals if you stay flight instructing.

N8013P
04-01-2020, 09:03 PM
I worked for Encore (Bemidji Subsidiary) Pay is better on Encore side. Pretty solid work and good experience.

liveupthere
05-05-2020, 08:40 AM
I worked for Encore (Bemidji Subsidiary) Pay is better on Encore side. Pretty solid work and good experience.
Can you give a rough breakdown on pay?

MadmanX2
05-05-2020, 08:57 AM
I would think that considering the crisis we are currently in, if anyone is being offered a job flying....TAKE IT.!!!!

You can always quit, but there might not be another call offering a job.