Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Pay Item backlog

p3flteng
03-31-2020, 09:59 AM
Any one see that memo from the company on pay item back log for 23 k and other pay items due to Covid 19? Its on DeltaNet, and basically says that the pay items may take up to 4 weeks or more to process....thats bull..a couple extra days maybe, ...but is it legal to run an arrearage to a pilot thru multiple pay periods?

edit for spelling

Buck Rogers
03-31-2020, 10:06 AM
I'm guessing that their quote at the end, "Thank you for your patience and understanding" was a bit presumptious?

casual observer
03-31-2020, 10:27 AM
I was suiting up for an OE and my line check guy called me up morning of and let me know he had to sick out. Sounded like legit symptoms and I was glad he did not show up sick (good guy). OE scheduler could not find another trip until after some days off.

The rotation was taken off my schedule. I looked at my time card and lost some pay.

If I'm on OE, do I have pay guarantee for that trip. Looks like to me, I'm still getting paid for the original trips on my initial line that we're dropped because I'm not qual-ed, but the four day that got dropped would have paid more or in addition to the original.

Should I get the pay for that trip or where's the best resource to figure it out.

Jaww
03-31-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm guessing that their quote at the end, "Thank you for your patience and understanding" was a bit presumptious?

Crazy us expecting to get paid via the contract we negotiated in a timely manner. Tell ya what, I may be 4 weeks away from maybe wanting to fly again.

captkdobbs
03-31-2020, 11:15 AM
I was suiting up for an OE and my line check guy called me up morning of and let me know he had to sick out. Sounded like legit symptoms and I was glad he did not show up sick (good guy). OE scheduler could not find another trip until after some days off.

The rotation was taken off my schedule. I looked at my time card and lost some pay.

If I'm on OE, do I have pay guarantee for that trip. Looks like to me, I'm still getting paid for the original trips on my initial line that we're dropped because I'm not qual-ed, but the four day that got dropped would have paid more or in addition to the original.

Should I get the pay for that trip or where's the best resource to figure it out.I'd send that one to Scheduling Committee. Too complex for your average APCer.

deltabound
03-31-2020, 11:25 AM
Crazy us expecting to get paid via the contract we negotiated in a timely manner. Tell ya what, I may be 4 weeks away from maybe wanting to fly again.

If one pilot says it, 14,000+ pilots are thinking it.

casual observer
03-31-2020, 11:35 AM
I'd send that one to Scheduling Committee. Too complex for your average APCer.

Thanks. I'll call them. I'm sure they probably need something to keep them busy.

Abouttime2fish
03-31-2020, 12:12 PM

Should I get the pay for that trip or where's the best resource to figure it out.

are you a new hire? If so answer us easy. You get training pay until OK appears on your schedule. If you are just going to new equipment, interesting question. Let us know what ALPA says.

Myfingershurt
03-31-2020, 01:11 PM

Id think you get the greater of whatever trips you fly or your shadow period credit.

casual observer
03-31-2020, 01:16 PM
Id think you get the greater of whatever trips you fly or your shadow period credit.

I think you're right and I think I'm out of luck because I did not fly the trip due to its cancellation. I'll still ask the question though.

tunes
03-31-2020, 01:21 PM

Scheduling guy here...lots of variables. There is no rotation guarantee for OE. You are paid the greater of your shadow trip/dropped trip or OE trip as flown....or both trips if you could fly them both legally per FARs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casual observer
03-31-2020, 02:12 PM
Scheduling guy here...lots of variables. There is no rotation guarantee for OE. You are paid the greater of your shadow trip/dropped trip or OE trip as flown....or both trips if you could fly them both legally per FARs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds correct. Thanks for the post. Guess I'll hold off on buying the boat.