Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Trans States Contract

coldpilot
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
Does anybody know where I can get my hands on a copy of the TSA contract? I found it once through a link here on the forums but I can't seem to find that thread anymore. I have tried to google it and am unable to find it. Thanks.

ExperimentalAB
06-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Did TSA just institute a training contract?!

POPA
06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
No, I think he meant the contract between the pilots and management.
Might as well get a roll of toilet paper. At least you can use that for something.

Pilotpip
06-05-2007, 04:15 PM
No training contract. We are getting a housing stipend though.

AV8ER
06-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Contact one of the union reps...they should be able to get you a contract.

Danzig
06-05-2007, 04:52 PM
I believe that this (http://airlinepilotmentor.com/airlinepilotcontacts.aspx) is the link you are looking for.

coldpilot
06-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I believe that this (http://airlinepilotmentor.com/airlinepilotcontacts.aspx) is the link you are looking for.

Beautiful. Thanks a bunch!

Edit - Look like this is the old one though.

POPA
06-05-2007, 05:06 PM
You should have posted your question yesterday; I just deleted my copy.

coldpilot
06-05-2007, 05:22 PM
You should have posted your question yesterday; I just deleted my copy.

So now ya tell me!?;)

Recycle bin possibly?

POPA
06-05-2007, 06:02 PM
So now ya tell me!?;)

Recycle bin possibly?

Took a look in there already, but it was emptied.

coldpilot
06-05-2007, 06:13 PM
Took a look in there already, but it was emptied.

Thanks for checking!

Foxcow
06-05-2007, 07:54 PM
Beautiful. Thanks a bunch!

Edit - Look like this is the old one though.

that is actually our contract. Thanks to a certain former MEC, that is the contract that was extended for two years. Yep, a 6.5 year old contract.

coldpilot
06-05-2007, 08:09 PM
that is actually our contract. Thanks to a certain former MEC, that is the contract that was extended for two years. Yep, a 6.5 year old contract.

YGTBSM! 2000!? New contract in the works anytime soon?

flynavyj
06-05-2007, 09:37 PM
in the works currently, in arbitration.

mregan
06-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Any chance of TSA raising PAY?????

Foxcow
06-06-2007, 07:46 AM
Any chance of TSA raising PAY?????

They started out the negotiations ~19 months ago stating that this is a concessionary contract. TSA labor is not responsible for their muckups (gojet).:mad: I think thats why we went to arbitration so fast.

mregan
06-06-2007, 07:56 AM
how much do you think they will raise it and will it be anytime soon ??? I know those are crazy questions, Im just curious, they sent me a letter today to interview///// how do you like it?? Is it commutable? how s RSV and how long???

jtf560
06-06-2007, 08:02 AM
It's a crap-hole airline, but the pilots are great guys and gals. Take the interview and accept the job if it's your only offer. After you finnish the training and get a little experience you will be able to ditch them for a better place to build your time. I worked there for over 4.5 years and that was about 4 years longer than I would have if the opportunities of today were the same just after 9/11. Good luck whatever you do.

Foxcow
06-06-2007, 08:10 AM
how much do you think they will raise it and will it be anytime soon ??? I know those are crazy questions, Im just curious, they sent me a letter today to interview///// how do you like it?? Is it commutable? how s RSV and how long???

As far as the contract being completed, I will see it when I believe it. The people here are great. There are a few bad apples but for the most part, the people (not management) make this place work. As far as commuting, the lines are not commutable and there is no commuter clause. Reserve is terrible (just like any other regional) and it does not last that long nowadays. You might be on for 2 months.

Make sure they don't pull the old switcharoo on you in the interview. They might want you to go over to gojEt and you know how people feel about that.

Pass IOE, get some time in type, and bail to a better airline.

btwissel
06-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Make sure they don't pull the old switcharoo on you in the interview. They might want you to go over to gojEt and you know how people feel about that.

Pass IOE, get some time in type, and bail to a better airline.

as far as i know, they on't do that anymore. otherwise they'd be shooting themselves (and their lawsuit win) in the foot.

as long as you get interviewed by Ed Phelps or one of the other TSA station managers, you will get hired by TSA.

and as everyone else's said, the people are good, company sucks. lines are commutable, if by commutable you mean fly there the night before and fly home the day after your trip.

i spent the 2 weeks between IOE and the beginning of the next bid month on reserve, and i had a line the first month i could bid. now hat they're getting FOs online now from the Feb & March classes, there will be some reserve. you'll fly alot, but there will be reserve for about 2 months.

unless, of course, RAH and some other airlines actually reading the apps people put in and start interviewing faster. then there'll be a lot less reserve time.

Pilotpip
06-06-2007, 02:45 PM
There's no commuter clause. You get stranded trying to commute, and it sounds like you're screwed. Pay raises will happen with a new CBA. THose take forever so don't hold your breath.

Two types of reserve. Home reserve, with ah 1.5hr callout and airport reserve. For both, you're going to need to be close. A few friends from a class a little earlier this year were reserve for the first month off IOE and have held lines since. I'm from STL, and commuting does not appeal to me so it shouldn't be an issue.

Only in my third day of class, but everybody I've met so far has been very friendly. The class ahead and current lineholders I've met so far have had lots of good advice and the sentiments about a good group of pilots seems spot on. Upgrades have not been more than three years for a long time and right now they're at or under 2 years.

Ease up on the questionmarks. You only need one to convey the point.

coldpilot
06-06-2007, 02:50 PM
There's no commuter clause. You get stranded trying to commute, and it sounds like you're screwed. Pay raises will happen with a new CBA. THose take forever so don't hold your breath.

Two types of reserve. Home reserve, with ah 1.5hr callout and airport reserve. For both, you're going to need to be close. A few friends from a class a little earlier this year were reserve for the first month off IOE and have held lines since. I'm from STL, and commuting does not appeal to me so it shouldn't be an issue.

Only in my third day of class, but everybody I've met so far has been very friendly. The class ahead and current lineholders I've met so far have had lots of good advice and the sentiments about a good group of pilots seems spot on. Upgrades have not been more than three years for a long time and right now they're at or under 2 years.

Ease up on the questionmarks. You only need one to convey the point.

Where are the new hires in the class going? Are they getting their choice of base or being sent where needed? I asked for STL during the interview but I am afraid to get an apartment down there and then be sent off to RIC, especially since I know I am going to be low senority in my class. Thanks.

Pilotpip
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
We haven't been assigned yet. About 10 want RIC in our class and the last class got the domicile they wanted. The general consensus is that this will be the case in this class due to the number that want RIC.

Recent classes where people were assigned RIC that didn't want it have bid back to STL within a month or two. A friend in the January class was initially assigned RIC but was reassigned STL before he was finished with training.

btwissel
06-06-2007, 08:45 PM
if it makes you feel any better, those of us in the Jan class were assigned RIC from day 1. thankfully most of the guys ahead of me and in the prior classes took RIC and i ended up getting back to STL as domicile before i finished the sim

one idea is to find a crashpad in either place and put most of your stuff in storage (or mom's as i like to call it). then, once you have your domicile assigned and passed IOE, start hunting for a place to live. it'll save a lot of cash that you don't have as a TSA employee, and keep you from getting rooted somewhere you don't have to be.

AV8ER
06-08-2007, 05:56 AM

The pay will raise some, but the big focus is work rules...we all know that really has more to do with how much you make then hourly salary. And I would bet money that it will be AT LEAST a year before the contract is voted on. Last I heard, we only have 4 sections TA'd, and most of the rest have been presented to the company, and now we're waiting to hear what they come back with. There are 2 days of negotiations next week, so we'll see.