Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Nwa

highspeed07
08-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Required Qualifications/Flight Time Minimums:

1500 hours Total flight time
1000 hours Multi-engine
500 hours PIC
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, Multi-Engine or ATP Written
First Class Medical
FCC Restricted Radio permit
Valid Passport with the ability to enter and exit all international destinations, including the ability to travel in and out of the United States
Legal authorization to work in the United States
Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including holidays and weekends)
Proficient reading, writing and speaking in English
Effective interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and leadership skills
Pass pre-employment drug screen, medical exam and background check
High School graduate or equivalent (college degree preferred)

StillInstructin
08-10-2007, 05:51 PM
no mention of turbine time?

Sanchez
08-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Required Qualifications/Flight Time Minimums:

1500 hours Total flight time
1000 hours Multi-engine
500 hours PIC
Airline Transport Pilot Certificate, Multi-Engine or ATP Written
First Class Medical
FCC Restricted Radio permit
Valid Passport with the ability to enter and exit all international destinations, including the ability to travel in and out of the United States
Legal authorization to work in the United States
Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including holidays and weekends)
Proficient reading, writing and speaking in English
Effective interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and leadership skills
Pass pre-employment drug screen, medical exam and background check
High School graduate or equivalent (college degree preferred)

They'll be hiring instructors off the street in a few months...seriously folks, with the financial and moral state of this company, who would want to go there? IMHO they're going to need a lot more than reduce minimums to attract folks.

PinnacleFO
08-10-2007, 06:40 PM
they received over 1400 apps in the first 2 weeks, you are right though, I believe after those 1400 it might take something better to get more people down the road. Why would someone want to work there? Take me for example, I live 20 minutes from DTW, have my whole life, its a great area where i live and my whole family is here, NWA is the perfect choice for me. If I was a commuter I may not have it as one of my first choices though. I want to live in base. NWA will ALWAYS be able to draw from Mesaba compass and Pinnacle especially people who live in base, its a good idea for them if the flow through agreements work, if I were them I would have one with pinnacle too cause outside of the bases some people might not want to go there.

crewdawg52
08-12-2007, 04:02 AM
They'll be hiring instructors off the street in a few months...seriously folks, with the financial and moral state of this company, who would want to go there? IMHO they're going to need a lot more than reduce minimums to attract folks.

You tell me mr. rj right seater, which was the only company that exited bankruptcy and modified its pilot contract for the better, BEFORE negotiations began?

OOTSK
08-12-2007, 05:45 AM
[quote=PinnacleFO;212649]they received over 1400 apps in the first 2 weeks, you are right though, I believe after those 1400 it might take something better to get more people down the road. Why would someone want to work there? quote]

Does anyone think they will get more apps in the future? Think about it. If your a regional guy in say...6-10 year pay scale, what do you think your break even point at NWA pay would be. 3-5 years is my guess. If you have a mortgage or a kid you just can't take the leap. Unless your better half has a real job!

I would also guess it will take 10 years for the pilots at NWA to reach where they were pre (9/11). Alpa should of put a stop to this kind of s$#t a long time ago. No one seemed to care on the national level and they did NOTHING! After USair and United they should of said enough is enough and started a national campaign that NWA and Delta could join to send a message to these thieves.

The management at these different airlines simply took advantage of the situation and they won big time. Our profession that all of us truly love has changed. I won't say forever because we ALL can make a difference again. It will take some "out of the box" thinking and a leader to get us all there.

Fly Good!

Sanchez
08-12-2007, 11:10 AM
You tell me mr. rj right seater, which was the only company that exited bankruptcy and modified its pilot contract for the better, BEFORE negotiations began?

You're absolutely right, I fly a "regional" jet, that makes me a "regional" pilot...(with me?) I suppose that makes me a prospective major airline pilot. The point is this, alot of us look at things beyond domicile in a company. QQL, pay, management, financial state; and while all these things are subject to change, right now CAL, DAL, and few others seem a bit more attractive than nwa.

Dudeguy
08-13-2007, 08:55 PM

there are many honest, hard working people whom would take this job. Hiring off the street, who do you work for? Mesa? Sounds like a Mesa comment to me. Sorry that your working for an inferior airline! Good luck ----

Slice
08-13-2007, 09:03 PM
there are many honest, hard working people whom would take this job. Hiring off the street, who do you work for? Mesa? Sounds like a Mesa comment to me. Sorry that your working for an inferior airline! Good luck ----

The Capt of the NWA flight I jumpseated on today would disagree with you...would you doubt him too? The place unfortunately is a shell of its' former self and won't be getting better anytime soon. He was looking to get out early!

Sanchez
08-14-2007, 01:55 PM

HAHAHAHA that's funny man! Mesa...wow. No, I proudly work for XJT. Who do you work for?

Sanchez
08-14-2007, 01:57 PM
The Capt of the NWA flight I jumpseated on today would disagree with you...would you doubt him too? The place unfortunately is a shell of its' former self and won't be getting better anytime soon. He was looking to get out early!

I agree with you, a lot of folks don't see the forest from the trees. They just see a shiny "old" jet, with a slightly better pay scale than a regional. Oh well, best of luck to them.