Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

verticalspeed
08-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Anyone have any experience doing this? I work for a 135 operations who is not a CASS participant. Do I have a chance? Thanks for the help

dojetdriver
08-14-2007, 09:35 PM
Anyone have any experience doing this? I work for a 135 operations who is not a CASS participant. Do I have a chance? Thanks for the help

Depends. Does your carrier have a reciprocal agreement with the airlines you are thinking of riding on? And for the most part, CASS has NOTHING to do with Int'l JS'ing.

Also, AA and CAL have domestic JS lists, and International JS lists. YOUR company may be on the domestic list, but not on AA or CAL's international list. If so, no ride for you. It's always the CA's discretion, but if he goes by the rules he is given and you don't get on, dems da rules and you are SOL. If he lets you on, hey, you scored.

As far as I know, DAL, USAir, and UAL don't have seperate dom/int'l lists. Don't know about NW.

Depending on where you want to go, consider Polar, Atlas, Gemini, or Kalitta.

Onfinal
08-15-2007, 04:20 AM
It's always the CA's discretion, but if he goes by the rules he is given and you don't get on, dems da rules and you are SOL. If he lets you on, hey, you scored.

Yeah, found that one out the hard way. Most captains will let you on, but it's getting past the checkin/gate agent that is near impossible. They will check the agreement, and they won't even let you speak to the CA if you don't qualify.

Onfinal

B757200ER
08-15-2007, 06:36 AM
Also, AA and CAL have domestic JS lists, and International JS lists. YOUR company may be on the domestic list, but not on AA or CAL's international list.

As far as I know, DAL, USAir, and UAL don't have seperate dom/int'l lists. Don't know about NW.

CAL and NWA don't have seperate lists anymore.

dojetdriver
08-15-2007, 08:58 AM
CAL and NWA don't have seperate lists anymore.

Thanks, when did that change? How long for it to trickle down? We all know that sometimes gate agents are not the brightest, and there are MANY pilots who are ignorant of their own company's JS procedures.